Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

4 More Yards Tees

Wedgie

I've been raving about this tee for the last couple of months so I thought I'd start a thread and provide a quick update.  MGS did a test on these awhile back that you can read about here:

https://mygolfspy.com/mygolfspy-labs-golf-tee-wars/

I have been using the 4 More Yards Blue Tee for about three months and measuring all my drives with my Garmin S60 watch.  Using a standard tee I was averaging about 222 of the tee with a long of 239.  With the 4MY Blue tee my average went to 239 with a long of 259.  I think the biggest benefit for me was the consistent tee height.  About 3 rounds ago I was popping everything up with my driver so in true Wedgie fashion rather than practice I purchased the 4MY Yellow tee which is a bit shorter than the blue.  Two rounds in I am averaging 253 off the tee, long of 289 with 3 drives over 280.  

I have been using the Z Star and all but one round on the same course and all with an XXIO driver.  Only change is the tee.  I convinced my stubborn kid to try them and I don't measure his drives but I can certainly see more consistent ball striking off the tee.  

Consider this a PSA for those that struggle with consistency off the tee like I did and please let me know if you've had this kind of success with this or any other tee.

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

I would disagree with any claims that one tee can provide any added distance over another if it is teed up at the same height.  In some other thread someone did the legwork and pulled up whatever USGA rule would outlaw any tee that provided extra distance, I believe.

That being said, I ran into a similar situation as you on Monday.  I used to be the longest off the tee in our regular group.  As that claim to fame started to dwindle, I went through a couple of drivers.  The G400 LST was the shining star on a demo day and several sessions in a simulator, but I just wasn't seeing the benefits on the course.  Drives I felt like I smashed were right there in the fairway right next to guys that should have been a Walmart behind me.  I used to tee it up really high when I had the Adams Insight XTD driver.  I think that played at 46" or even a little longer.  My setup on the tee probably resembled that of a long drive competition with the ball teed up 3.25".  Out of dumb luck I hit some balls off a mat that had lower tees and I saw a completely different ball flight.  There were a couple instances over the last few rounds where I had noticed something similar, and I finally linked it to the height I was teeing up the ball.  In couples league on Monday two of my drives were at least 20yds further than I had hit on those holes all season.

To make a long story longer, I would argue that a tee can't help you hit it farther.  But it sure can help you to tee the ball up correctly.  And that surely can make a difference.  I wouldn't have believed the difference it does make until seeing it for myself this week.

:ping-small: G400 LST 8.5 Ping Tour 65 Stiff

:adams-small: Adams XTD Ti 18 deg 3Hy

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan PTx 22-46 

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan TK15 50, 54, 58 deg wedges

:cameron-small: Futura 5.5

Did some digging and now I may be interested. https://mygolfspy.com/mygolfspy-labs-golf-tee-wars/

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

I have been using the Four More Yards Tees since May. I use them on everything now and I really like them. They are extremely hard to break and you get consistent tee height which is great. I use different 2 tee heights for the driver depending on the situation and the ball flight I want. There is no doubt they are longer for me. I honestly have no idea why. My mom bought them for me and you have to at least try the tees your 71 year old mom buys you. I did and now I really like them. I have always only used wood tees so my kids are a bit bothered by it but I like them and try to get others to try them. I've been meaning to do a review on MGS but keep failing to do so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

17 minutes ago, jlukes said:

If there was anything at tee that provided actual performance benefits, it would be used in tours. 

I think looking back at the MGS test (it was a from 2011) even the MGS folks would agree that that was nowhere near extensive of a test to prove anything. Only 3 guys hitting drives.. 

I’m with you for the most part. I like the epoch tees and that’s al I use. With that said most of these tees it’s not necessarily the tee itself but as the op mentioned the consistent height which opens the door for more consistently on strike leading to increased distance on average 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

16 minutes ago, jlukes said:

If there was anything at tee that provided actual performance benefits, it would be used in tours. 

I think looking back at the MGS test (it was a from 2011) even the MGS folks would agree that that was nowhere near extensive of a test to prove anything. Only 3 guys hitting drives.. 

I would agree with this.  While it was nowhere near a "Most Wanted" test, I rate it at a "results indicate there is promise...further investigation needed."

My guess is that it is totally strike location based.  One could tee up a ball with a wood tee to that same height and get the same results.  Per my previous post, there are some people who just can't put the tee in the ground to the right height (looking at myself in the mirror here...)

:ping-small: G400 LST 8.5 Ping Tour 65 Stiff

:adams-small: Adams XTD Ti 18 deg 3Hy

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan PTx 22-46 

:benhogan-small: Ben Hogan TK15 50, 54, 58 deg wedges

:cameron-small: Futura 5.5

So glad to see this topic posted. I have two packages sitting in my amazon cart that I've been hesitant to pull the trigger on, but think you guys moved me over the hill on this one.

I'll report back results once I give them a try!

In my :ping-small: Hoofer:

:ping-small: G410 LST 10.5* - Kai'Li White 60 X-flex

:nike-small: VRS Covert 3W 15* - Kuro Kage 65 S-flex

:titelist-small:  T200 4-GW, DG X100 Tour Issue - Tester

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth 54.12 SS & 58.10 SS

:ping-small:  Zing 2 LW - 60*

:ping-small:  Anser 2

Oh yeah it isn’t the tee, it is having the same tee height every time. As rounds wore on the wooden tees would creep up on me. I’m sure I’ll be cussing these things next time out.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

My understanding is that there are some guys using it on the Senior Tour (Gil Morgan for one) but that may be old information. Regardless, more testing is absolutely necessary in order to definitively say there are performance benefits or not. Anything I may say will be anecdotal at best - my testing is far from scientific.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G400 LST 8.5* Graphite Design DI 6 stiff 45"

Taylormade RBZ Proto 14.5* Oban Kiyoshi 85 04 42.5"

Adams 4555 19* Matrix Ozik Altus 80 S/X 42"

Ping G410 Crossover 2 Project X Even Flow Blue 85 6.0 40"

Ping i500 4-8 Modus 105 Stiff

Ping Blueprint 9-P Modus 105 Stiff

Fourteen RM-12 53* and 58* Tour Issue Black Onyx s400 

Odyssey Tour Black Series 9 35" Flatso 1.0 

Srixon Z Star XV

2018 Ping Hoofer 

I’ve worked as a volunteer at a number of PGA and LPGA events. The greatest players in the world who’s livelihood depends on their performance on the golf course almost all without exception use the old standard wooden tee. As a matter of fact I stood as a crowd control marshal on a par three for five straight days and guess what........ most of those guys rummaged around the ground looking for an old broken tee to use. I would think if a golf tee aided in performance wouldn’t these guys and gals use them?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

I have been using FMY’s tees for the last 2 years with the driver.  Wanted to take out a variable since the driver is the worst club in my bag.  These tees easily allow consistent height of the ball.

Driver - Ping G410

Woods - Callaway Rogue 5 wood

Hybrid - Titleist TS2 21 degree

Irons - Taylormade P790 5-PW

Wedges - Taylormade MG3 50, 54, 58, SM9 60

Putter - Mizuno Black Carbon BC3

I've posted this before, I use these tees https://www.flex-head.com/ for 2 reasons. Consistent tee height and they don't break. But if they do, they have a lifetime guarantee...send them back the broken one and they send you a replacement or 3.  

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!