Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Shankster: Attack of the Logician

I am a Virtuoso....now I just have to find out what I am a Virtuoso at.....   🤔

The one line in the description fits really well.....People with this personality type are natural Makers, moving from project to project, building the useful and the superfluous for the fun of it, and learning from their environment as they go.

I especially enjoy the superfluous for the fun of it as the home made pneumatic, motion triggered, arduino powered halloween props for our haunted trail can attest!  

I think with golf at our level the Realists score the best.  As Dirty Harry said, "a man's got to know his limitations" and then we should play shots accordingly to post the best score possible.  More simply...play to your strength and not your weakness.

Another area that realism comes into play is looking at the lie and understanding what you can and can't do from there and correctly picking a club for the shot.

I think you are off to a good start knowing the distances you REALLY hit your sticks.  Then make decisions based on that data rather than remembering you hit that 7 iron 180 one time like a lot of people do.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Being the Smart A... oh whoops, I mean the critical thinker that I am... I have made a decision to stop trying to move way from the One Plane deal... it works.  I don’t know why I fight it.... probably because I think it looks ridiculous, plus mine is more like Steve Stricker than Moe or BAD... just need to polish it instead of changing it ever year or so.

Now that is being a logician...?

11 minutes ago, Shankster said:

Being the Smart A... oh whoops, I mean the critical thinker that I am... I have made a decision to stop trying to move way from the One Plane deal... it works.  I don’t know why I fight it.... probably because I think it looks ridiculous, plus mine is more like Steve Stricker than Moe or BAD... just need to polish it instead of changing it ever year or so.

Now that is being a logician...?

To put it bluntly... because I'm a Virtuoso and that's what I am...  have you considered getting some outside advice on how your One Plane swing works (or doesn't work)?  

It's one thing to try new swing methods, but it's a whole other thing to properly achieve the method.  It doesn't take many minor flaws to give you problems.  If you are convinced that it works (I know it does, but it's not right for me), then the next step is to seek out the One Plane guru that you think can help keep you on track.  Get some feedback from videos of you swing.  Again, this is coming from a Virtuoso, so it you don't like it... I will be offended.  🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

4 minutes ago, Kenny B said:

To put it bluntly... because I'm a Virtuoso and that's what I am...  have you considered getting some outside advice on how your One Plane swing works (or doesn't work)?  

It's one thing to try new swing methods, but it's a whole other thing to properly achieve the method.  It doesn't take many minor flaws to give you problems.  If you are convinced that it works (I know it does, but it's not right for me), then the next step is to seek out the One Plane guru that you think can help keep you on track.  Get some feedback from videos of you swing.  Again, this is coming from a Virtuoso, so it you don't like it... I will be offended.  🤣

I mean... I don’t even think I am swinging on one plane, I just like the set up I suppose.  The long iron game was amazing with it, but I lost all of my short game creativity... maybe that’s just me getting older. 

Plus.. Bubba Watson didn’t need lessons so that means I don’t... right?... 😂😂 

22 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I mean... I don’t even think I am swinging on one plane, I just like the set up I suppose.  The long iron game was amazing with it, but I lost all of my short game creativity... maybe that’s just me getting older. 

I think Bubba practices a lot more than you do, and to put it bluntly... he probably has just a little more natural talent.  🤣

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

16 hours ago, Shankster said:

I have made a decision to stop trying to move way from the One Plane deal... it works.  I don’t know why I fight it.... probably because I think it looks ridiculous, plus mine is more like Steve Stricker than Moe or BAD... just need to polish it instead of changing it ever year or so.

"Dance with the one you brought" (..olde timey saying..)

Or: "It's not how ... it's how many"

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

4 minutes ago, cksurfdude said:

"Dance with the one you brought" (..olde timey saying..)

Or: "It's not how ... it's how many"

How about:  "It's Now or Never."

18 hours ago, Shankster said:

I said the EXACT same thing 3 years ago...lefty with a Ping driver.   Shortly thereafter my pops gave me an eloquent pep talk right around Christmas.  "...You suck---you're not getting better, pay the money and go get a lesson."  Come to find out the old man was right (this isn't something I admit often).

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

2 hours ago, JohnSmalls said:

I said the EXACT same thing 3 years ago...lefty with a Ping driver.   Shortly thereafter my pops gave me an eloquent pep talk right around Christmas.  "...You suck---you're not getting better, pay the money and go get a lesson."  Come to find out the old man was right (this isn't something I admit often).

I don’t think anyone can teach me what I am trying to do.  It’s like a Giraffe mixed with a Whale... it just don’t work...  

I did have a breakthrough today though, as I was neck deep in talking about Intergenerational Relationship’s in a research paper it dawned on me... but I am not sure what it was, as you can see I am burnt out... but I did go hit a few shots with my “Shankster Plane” swing... went well.  So I got that going for me.

13 minutes ago, Shankster said:

I don’t think anyone can teach me what I am trying to do.  It’s like a Giraffe mixed with a Whale... it just don’t work...  

I did have a breakthrough today though, as I was neck deep in talking about Intergenerational Relationship’s in a research paper it dawned on me... but I am not sure what it was, as you can see I am burnt out... but I did go hit a few shots with my “Shankster Plane” swing... went well.  So I got that going for me.

I wasn't thinking a lesson.  I thought it might be useful to get an analysis by someone who is familiar with a one plane swing.  They might be able to give you some insights on why you have variability in your shot types.  Then you have something specific to work on.

50 minutes ago, Shankster said:

So I got that going for me.

You know the lla-ma too!?

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

1 hour ago, JohnSmalls said:

You know the lla-ma too!?

Great movie... 

2 hours ago, Kenny B said:

I wasn't thinking a lesson.  I thought it might be useful to get an analysis by someone who is familiar with a one plane swing.  They might be able to give you some insights on why you have variability in your shot types.  Then you have something specific to work on.

Good idea.  Maybe I should have that Kirk Junge take a peak.  He is a hybrid guy.