Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

MxV1 stunner coming

Moecat

http://www.golf365.co.za/features_story/0,17923,15870_7219810,00.html

Mxv-putter2_2660219.jpg

The stunning, revolutionary new MxV1 Golf putter has been approved for all professional golf circuits and is scheduled to go to market in the US in December.

In the meantime the MxV Golf company have announced that they are already taking order for their unique, new round-faced putter, which is based on the principals of Newton's Cradle and its example of momentum (mass x velocity or MxV) and of which Brian Wittman, it's inventor, says: "during its development we discovered that the same concept (of the Cradle) applied to our club.

"Our 'centre strike technology' as we call it, advanced a truer roll and a more accurate strike.

"Our heavyweight (400 grams) MxV1 is at the crossroads of evolution and revolution.

"There is simply no other viable putter on the market today that approaches the center of gravity the way we do; By essentially striking a ball with another ball, you almost can't miss the center of gravity.

"The radius of our putter face is exactly that of a standard US Golf Ball (1.68 inches) and even with a minor tolerance we have found more accurate strikes and optimal roll, time after time... not to mention its quite a head turner on the green."

Each MxV1 Putter is precision milled from brass and finished in a black carbon matte coating. The putter features a ball alignment mark in orange on the leading edge of the club face radius and a cut out ball profile on the back edge. The back edge profile can also be used to lift the ball off the green.

A tapered steel shaft is mounted in the center of the putter head and features a composite rubber grip with a flat paddle front, promoting a controlled confident stroke that produces an improved alignment and truer roll.

A custom leather head cover is included and features a magnetic closure, a soft plush interior and full embroidered logo graphics.

The MxV1 Putter is available in right hand, left hand and with a straight pendulum (long and belly putter) shaft configurations and can be ordered for a mid-December delivery from MxVGolf with a retail price of $249.

For more information on the putter and MxV accessories, please visit www.mxvgolf.com.

Love the idea and the 400g weight, it even looks like it has a ball scoop in the back. But for $249, I'll probably wait for the knock offs if it truly becomes a hit.

One question, does it assume you are dragging the putter along the grass? That seems to be the only way to hit this thing dead center on the ball...

Love the idea and the 400g weight, it even looks like it has a ball scoop in the back. But for $249, I'll probably wait for the knock offs if it truly becomes a hit.

One question, does it assume you are dragging the putter along the grass? That seems to be the only way to hit this thing dead center on the ball...

The following info from www.mxvgolf.com may possibly answer your question:

The MxV1 putter is center weighted to promote a pendulum swing, creating a true roll. Based on Newton's Cradle (the once popular executive desk toy that adorned many a corporate office in the 70's), by striking a golf ball with a putter of equal diameter, you essentially hit a ball with a ball. Naturally, you'll strike the center of gravity with less error as the club glides to its target in a steady flow of energy (momentum, hence MxV).

Very cool! I've seen this idea before (don't ask me where, memory does not serve), though not executed as dramatically, and I thought it was interesting. I tend to agree that the price is a bit high for something people will not get to test. I like this idea, and I like the Axis1 putter idea, but without trying them first I can't see myself paying for them.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Interesting indeed, but I still wouldn't play it (just like the belly putter).

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

• SPY VIP

Would have to give it a run...but for those that strike the ball on the upstroke might trap the ball from the looks of the design. We might have to review this one.

#TruthDigest

Hi everyone!

Just so you know the MxV1 golf putter is precision milled from solid brass. It takes nearly 8 hours to make and another 2 to build. This is not your typical putter.

Our Center Strike Technologyâ„¢ gets you to the ball's center of gravity more accurately, more consistently for a true roll.

Our strategy is to get clubs into the pro shops as quickly as possible so that the MxV1 can be seen and played before you lay down the $249.

In the meantime, we invite the early adopters to take advantage of this pre-order price... and be the envy of all your friends.

Drop us a line if you have any questions or would like us to send you our spec sheet and independent test results.

Thank you

Brian Wittman

MxVGolf

mxvgolf.com

The new shape in golfâ„¢

You get to the green. We'll take it from there.

Very cool! I've seen this idea before (don't ask me where, memory does not serve), though not executed as dramatically, and I thought it was interesting. I tend to agree that the price is a bit high for something people will not get to test. I like this idea, and I like the Axis1 putter idea, but without trying them first I can't see myself paying for them.

You probably saw what I saw which was a sort of pipe putter whose idea was also to strike the C.O.G. or slightly above it to get a true roll more easily. I'm not entirely sure as that was back in the early or mid nineties and the owner just explained it to me in passing.

Shambles

Archived