Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Dave's Take: EyePromise Visual Edge Pro Eye Health Supplements

• SPY VIP

Dave’s Take: EyePromise Vizual Edge Pro

EyePromise - 2.jpeg

Hi MGS Folk. It’s been a minute since I last rolled out a Dave’s Take article, but I thought that this new experiment of mine was worth sharing. You see, that is what makes today’s post a little different. It is an ongoing experiment rather than a review. How’s that for a switch?

Today is the first day that I will be taking the EyePromise Vizual Edge Pro eye health dietary supplement to hopefully improve my vision. Will it work? I have no idea, but that is what makes this an exploration rather than a report. I am starting with hopes, not data.

Why am I focusing on my eyes?

Working remotely over the past year has thrashed my eyes. I can tell that they are strained from working on the computer all day. The excess of blue light and constant focal distance have not been friendly to my eyes. The deterioration is obvious when I drive and the road signs that are usually clear have become blurry. A year of Zoom has fatigued the eyes as well as the spirit. When I see my optometrist this year, a new prescription will be involved.

Lutein and Zeaxanthin

EyePromise - 1.jpeg

It was a previous visit to the eye doctor where I learned about taking lutein and zeaxanthin as supplements for eye health. The doc talked about baseball players who were taking it to see the ball better, and that it could help reduce the irritation/glare caused from oncoming headlights while driving at night. Charged up with optimism, I went and bought a bottle of supplements, finished the bottle, and promptly forgot about buying more. Ah the joys of a short attention span.

Padraig to the rescue

Padraig1.jpeg

Anyway, here I was knowing that my eyes are struggling, but not really having a plan about what to do about it. As fate would have it, this video of Padraig Harrington dropped into my lap.

One of my goals in life is to pay attention to what is in front of me. Kind of ironic to say that when this is all about declining vision, but it often seems like solutions are out there if you can see them. So here was Padraig, a better golfer than I could ever be, looking into eye supplements to improve his golf game. It honestly made me laugh a bit as I don’t even think about how my eyes effect my golf game. They are of course involved, especially with putting. If you can see the contours better, you should read break better.

Padraig_EyePromise.jpeg

Why EyePromise?

“Putting comes down to confidence and as I got older, I was struggling with reading the greens. However, I’ve now been taking EyePromise for 4 months, and I feel that I can now pick up the change in contrast of the greens much better, which gives me confidence in reading the putts and my stats have improved. I have genuinely found that using EyePromise has helped me.”

-Padraig Harrington

Like I said, I try to pay attention to what is in front of me. Although I previously knew about the lutein and zeaxanthin supplements, I had basically forgotten all about taking them in the past to help my eyes. Then along came Padraig and the EyePromise Vizual Edge Pro to remind me. It was life saying, “Hey Dave, remember these?”

ClaimsEyePromise.png

Disclaimer and Plan

EyePromise - 3.jpeg

First and foremost, I am not a doctor. I’m more of a test subject at this point. While I am not concerned with any of the vitamins and supplements listed in the EyePromise formula, I would suggest that you check with your doctor before taking these, or anything new. At this point, I am sharing the experience and not endorsing the product.

And so here we are today. Like I said before, I popped the first packet of Vizual Edge Pro supplements this morning. Will they help? I hope so. How will I know? I’m not sure. Regardless, I thought that it would be a fun process to share with all of you. I do know that my eyes could use some assistance at this point. So can my golf game. I’m really hoping for some gains like Padraig discussed in the video.

I’ll pop in here and there over the next month to let you know how it is going. Hopefully, I’ll have an eyeful of insights to share.

For now, follow this link to learn more about EyePromise.

vizualEdgePro-Ing.png

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Hmm. Not cheap. Curious to hear if gains can be quantified in any way, vs anecdotal?

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

As someone who wore glasses all my life then had LASIK performed a few years ago, it would be interesting to see if this truly helps! Thanks for being the guinea pig @GolfSpy Dave though I am sure no actual guinea pigs were hurt in the testing of this product...right?

Driver : :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 9* MC Kuro Kago Silver 60 Stiff

Woods : :benhogan-small: GS53 3 Wood 14* Mitsubish Tensei Blue 73g Regular

Hybrids: sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 949X Project X HZRDUS RDX Black 

Irons : sub70logo.png.3c207e4e90c1eeca7b9a917b5fa4b848.png 699 Pro Black 5-AW 1* flat KBS Tour V 90 Stiff Shafts 

Wedges : File:Kirkland Signature logo.svg - Wikimedia Commons 52, 56, 60 

Putter : :taylormade-small:Spider Red

Bag : datrek-brand_1456761019__86876.original.jpg.7c24f9ae71c7730ce29a828226731487.jpg lightweight cart bag | motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgDry Series Bag

Ball :  :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX (2019) | Screen-Shot-2017-07-20-at-7_24.05-AM-300x118.png.9f1c4cb1d62511ee40a05bd6d5795f97.png ProV1x (2021)

Rangefinder : 836d5c8b9e44880db86abcd3b735255d.w2480_h836.jpg.bcd4050c642957abbdca7453a6cb0469.jpg ULT-X

Pushcart : motocaddy.jpg.258c0b46e60c2804fc6b1f64bca0aef3.jpgM5 GPS DHC Electric Push Cart

SoCal, USA

Right handed HDCP 16.4

• 2 weeks later...

So one way to test, although I guess they're not actually claiming an improvement in actual eyesight, would be pre-test/post-test.  Get an eye exam and your prescription before taking the supplements and then again after.  With an actual objective metric like that, you could test effectiveness.  The things that they list seem very subjective and almost placebo-like in assessment.  But IDK.

Sounds like a fun experiment.  

Instagram:  @tony_rosselli_

:SuperSpeed:Training

Pre training max driver speed: 124mph

Current: 130mph

WITB:

Driver: :ping-small:G425 Max, 9*

Woods: :taylormade-small: 2007 Burner TP 3 wood and 5 wood

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z765 4-PW (1 degree flat) with KBS $-130 shafts

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM7 50/12/F, 54/10/S and 58/12/D

Putter:  L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1

My Dad had an eye appt last week and the ophthalmologist told him to take PreserVision supplements to help retain the sketchy vision he has.  They look like the red oval capsules in the above pic, he takes 1 in the morning & 1 at dinner.  

I was thinking about taking them as well since the doc recommended them.

Modern Bag:  :ping-small: G410 LST 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.5 Flex;   :titelist-small:  915F 3w, Diamana S+ 70 S flex;  Snake Eyes 18* 2h, 23* 4h & 27* 5h; :mizuno-small: JPX 900 Forged 6 - PW, PX LZ 6.0;  Edison 2.0 49*, 53*, 57* KBS Tour 120 S;   :ping-small:  Heppler Fetch;  Ball - :Snell: MTB-X; Bag - Jones MyGolfSpy Edition! 

Shot Scope H4, MG600 Rangefinder

Classic Bag:  Driver - :wilson_staff_small: Persimmon; 3w - :Hogan: Speed Slot; 5w - :wilson_staff_small: Tour Block; 3 - pw - :wilson_staff_small: Dynapower; sw - Ram Tom Watson;  putter - bullseye standard or flange.

Good luck with the experiment! Please, keep usupdated. Сurious to hear if it helps in very deed as Iwas trying to improve my eyesight a few years ago too. Back then doctorprescribed me some supplements, but I figured out I have allergy to one of itscomponents I had to look for more natural ways ofimproving my vision. I was doing a lot of eye exercises, gave up smoking, atetons of carrot and got enough sleep. It was getting better but I gave up suchhealthy lifestyle double-quick. Now I’m checking on natural supplements and I’mvery interested in marigold extract for eyes. According to the description it protectsfrom eye disorders and ultraviolet lights. Also, helps to maintain eye healthin general. Sounds promising. 

Edited by EvelonesJohn

• 1 year later...