Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

2012 - Winn Grips

• SPY VIP

Winn Putter Grips

68ws-gbw.png.normal.png

68ws-owo.png.normal.png68ws-19hole.png.normal.png68ws-rwb.png.normal.png68tl-hero.png.normal.png68tl-gb.png.normal.pngg8lws.png.normal.pngWinn Belly Putter Grips2pt5w-bm.png.normal.png62p21-rb.png.normal.png21r-bl.png.normal.png61p17-bk.png.normal.png61p17-nr.png.normal.png

Dri-Tac

The tackiest grips by Winn yet, that feature the new WinnDry polymer which is said to have exceptional performance in all weather conditions.5dt-dg.png.normal.png5dt-brd.png.normal.png6dt-dg.png.normal.png6dt-bbl.png.normal.png7dt-dg.png.normal.png3dt-gy.png.normal.png

Dri-Tac Wrap Lite

These new grips are soft, ultra-light weight (~22grams) and perform like Winn's Dri-Tac line. They also feature all-weather playability.5dtw.png.normal.png6dtw.png.normal.png7dtw.png.normal.png

Excel

Featuring Winn's original polymer, this series is Winn's longest running line.5715w-tn.png.normal.png6715w-cp.png.normal.png5715w.png.normal.png

Excel Junior

jr-or.png.normal.pngjr-bl.png.normal.png

Excel Ladies

3ws-blb.png.normal.png3ws-bpk.png.normal.png3715w.png.normal.png

WinnLite Soft

With clubs going lighter and lighter, Winn has built grips to accommodate. At a weight starting at only 20 grams, these grips are said to increase swing speed for extra distance.5ls.png.normal.png5ls-hero.png.normal.png6ls-bl.png.normal.png3ls-wh.png.normal.png

WinnPro Wrap

This polycord material provides a firm, textured feel that performs well in all weather conditions.5wpw.png.normal.png

WinnLite Firm

Tacky, responsive and lightweight.5lf.png.normal.png5lf-wh.png.normal.png6lf-bl.png.normal.png5lf-hero.png.normal.png

#TruthDigest

We have the new grips in the shop now. The putter grips aren't great looking, IMO. The Dri Tac does feel very unique. I wouldn't mind giving that a try, and I'd be interested in going with lighter grips (at least as an experiment) but I've always found the durability of Winns to be sorely lacking.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

I used to love Winn grips because of the soft tacky feel, but the durability is atrocious. Just one or two rounds and they already show wear. Golf Prides last so much longer that I can't justify buying the Winn's anymore.

Driver--Taylormade RBZ Tour 9* Aldila RIP Phenom 65s

Fairway Metal--Taylormade R11s 14* Aldila RIP Phenom 70s

Hybrid--Taylormade RBZ Tour 18.5* RE-AX 85 gram S

Irons--Nike Vr Pro-Combo 4-PW True Temper Dynamic Gold S300

Wedges--Nike SV Tour Forged 50*, 56*, 60* True Temper Dynamic Gold

Putter--Scotty Cameron California Del Mar

Ball--Taylormade Lethal

Grips--Lamkin R.E.L 3Gen (Woods-green, Irons-red, Wedges-white)

I used to love Winn grips because of the soft tacky feel, but the durability is atrocious. Just one or two rounds and they already show wear. Golf Prides last so much longer that I can't justify buying the Winn's anymore.

I'm the same way, when it comes to irons, but I still love a Winn putter grip. The shop that I frequent just got some of the new putter grips in last week and I love the color schemes. I'm going to be gaming the orange/white show above, before too long.

• 2 weeks later...

When the Winn lites first came out I tried them on my driver. I can honestly say that it did improve my driving distance by 5 -7 yards. Heck, that is as much or more than buying a new driver will do. Accuracy was also improved. And for $10 not $300. However, that turned out to be about $10 per month. I could put one on and by the end of the round it would start to show wear. After 10 rounds the thing was falling apart. After experiencing them on the drive I regripped all of my clubs with them. However, when you play as much as I do you can not afford to regrip all of your clubs every coupld of weeks. I now use the Golf Pride Tour Wraps. Those things last forever. I have a set on some Ping Eye 2 that I put on in the 90's and played them for 5 years. They still feel good. These are my loaner set for when someone comes and does not have their own clubs with them.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Archived