The Farmers Insurance Open - 2022

fixyurdivot

Pretty awesome seeing Luke win as a 37 year old for the first time. Gotta have a true love for the sport to keep on pursuing that first win.

In one of his interviews he said he completely revamped his putting this last year with his coach. While it didn’t look like it when he missed 2 4 footers and 1 10 footer down the stretch, Luke was +0.40 SG in putting in the tournament compared to his season avg of -0.46 SG in putting.

Cobra Connect 5 participant 

:ping-small:  G410 Plus, w/ X stiff 75 g Project X Evenflow Black shaft driver / :cobra-small: Radspeed w/ Smoke RDX Blue 70S shaft

:cobra-small: Big Tour 3 wood/ 5 wood w/ Fujikura X F3 60S shaft

:cobra-small: 4 Hybrid w/ Project X Catalyst 80S shaft

:cobra-small: Copper MIM Tour Irons w/ KBS $ Taper Balck 120S shaft

:cobra-small: Snakebite 50, 54, and 58 wedges w/ KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 125S shaft

:scotty-small: Newport 2.5 putter

:Snell:MTB X golf balls

RH, Alabama

The mental issues Z is facing with the putter are going to be tough to beat, and I’m not sure it’s taken care of anytime soon. He’s already in an armlock, he uses a non-traditional grip with it too, and that hasn’t removed the yips yet. Gonna be a long row to hoe, and not likely complete by the time he gets to the Masters. 

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

39 minutes ago, PMookie said:

The mental issues Z is facing with the putter are going to be tough to beat, and I’m not sure it’s taken care of anytime soon. He’s already in an armlock, he uses a non-traditional grip with it too, and that hasn’t removed the yips yet. Gonna be a long row to hoe, and not likely complete by the time he gets to the Masters. 

Yes.  I was listening to the commentary and about Will's flat stick woes; that being a reason he did not get offers from bigger named college programs.  That last putt was in the same line as the one he missed in regulation and it looked like a straight up nerves/tension pull... not even close.  No doubt that wedge from List and his decision to tap in got into Will's head.  Definitely a tough loss but I think it will actually be a benefit long term. Because he's got such prowess across the rest of the game, he can spend extra time getting the putter tuned.  I wouldn't bet against him in the Masters.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)