Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Mizuno ST-Z & ST-X 230 Metalwoods Hit USGA Conforming List

null

https://mizunogolf.com/us/blog/new-mizuno-st-z-and-st-x-230-drivers-added-to-the-confirming-list/

The USGA has approved and added Mizuno’s 2023 drivers to its conforming list.   The new ST-Z and ST-X 230 drivers are now eligible to play on tour.  The ST-Z was being heavily tested at the Mizuno supported British Challenge in St Mellion.  Both Mizuno’s OJ Farrell and Marco Penge are believed to have taken the new drivers away after successful testing.

The driver is expected to be released to the public early in 2023.  More info to follow.

image.png

image.png

image.png

• null changed the title to Mizuno ST-Z & ST-X 230 Metalwoods Hit USGA Conforming List

Mizuno is an interesting company.  Arguably the best performing and feeling irons on the market (or at least the measuring stick that other mfgs. are compared to in a lot of cases) - and with the JPX lines - hold a signicant share of the amateur golfers gamers.  And yet you would be hard pressed to find a Mizuno driver in a bag amidst the sea of Callaways, Pings, Titleists and TaylorMades.... Mizuno seems to be content with being a major player in the iron market, and also selling a Driver here and there - at least in the past.

The look of these "woods" are reminiscent of the previous models, but also look new and exciting - maybe the time has come for Mizuno to capture that metalwood lightning in a bottle.  

I haven't gamed a Mizuno Driver since the TZoid Forged (ouch) - but I like where they are going with the new models.

• Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1

13 minutes ago, Golfspy_TCB said:

Mizuno is an interesting company.  Arguably the best performing and feeling irons on the market (or at least the measuring stick that other mfgs. are compared to in a lot of cases) - and with the JPX lines - hold a signicant share of the amateur golfers gamers.  And yet you would be hard pressed to find a Mizuno driver in a bag amidst the sea of Callaways, Pings, Titleists and TaylorMades.... Mizuno seems to be content with being a major player in the iron market, and also selling a Driver here and there - at least in the past.

The look of these "woods" are reminiscent of the previous models, but also look new and exciting - maybe the time has come for Mizuno to capture that metalwood lightning in a bottle.  

I haven't gamed a Mizuno Driver since the TZoid Forged (ouch) - but I like where they are going with the new models.

The STZ Fairway wood from 2 years ago was incredible.  Absolutely incredible.  I wanted to game it, but it just launched too damn high for me.  I would say close to 98% am amateur golfers could use a fairway wood that launches higher and I wish it would have gotten more exposure because I bet it would have been a game changer for so many people.

This is the first follow-up to it, so I cannot waitto see how it performs.

What are your thoughts on the crown graphics? I actually preferred them from a few years ago (post blue) vs this new look they have. It is a little sharp on my eyes and while not off putting like the stealth face was it is still something I didn't love look at when comparing to several other options that are out there. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

What are your thoughts on the crown graphics? I actually preferred them from a few years ago (post blue) vs this new look they have. It is a little sharp on my eyes and while not off putting like the stealth face was it is still something I didn't love look at when comparing to several other options that are out there. 

I'm a matte finish guy so anything gloss isn't my preference. That being said it's a bit much at first but once you stand over a couple dozen times it just kind of goes away and doesn't stick out

Mizuno has really elevated their game when it comes to drivers and woods and it seems like they've done it again this year. These clubs have some of the nicest shelf appeal I've seen from them. I love the carbon crown and how they have added the blue accents to the bottom of the club. 

Can't wait to see the reviews on them. 

That driver looks really nice. I'm a mizuno guy through and through, I game their irons and wedges. I hit all 3 of their drivers this year, but ultimately settled with the Ping G425 LST. I just didn't like the feel of the Mizuno driver. 

Hit it pure

• 1 month later...

Saw a video from a Mizuno fitting and the top of the driver looked awfully blue....

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Saw a video from a Mizuno fitting and the top of the driver looked awfully blue....

The top is black isn’t it. In the video I saw it looked black. The one guy did have the Limited Edition blue 220 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

1 minute ago, blackngold_blood said:

The top is black isn’t it. In the video I saw it looked black. The one guy did have the Limited Edition blue 220 

Ahh thats what it was then. On rewatch I thought they had swapped the heads... I guess I didn't watch the whole video and thats why I thought so. 

Hope they get a blue out there either way!

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

23 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Ahh thats what it was then. On rewatch I thought they had swapped the heads... I guess I didn't watch the whole video and thats why I thought so. 

Hope they get a blue out there either way!

I agree. I’m not a blue guy but the LE was done very well. 

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie