Jump to content
Testers Announced! Evnroll and Precision Pro ×

The Mini Driver - Where does this sit in the bag?


gbasgolf

Recommended Posts

I’m looking at introducing a new fairway wood, and bridge the gap between my current 3 wood and 4 hybrid. I have considered putting the new TM BRNR Mini Driver (13.5*) in the bag, replacing my current 3 wood, and introducing a 5 wood.

Im pretty good at striking the ball off the fairway for a player of my handicap (17), and want something that will provide an alternate tee shot than my driver, and might get a bit more distance and forgiveness than the 3 wood, whilst still having a long club to hit from the fairway.

Has anyone put a mini driver in the bag and where does this sit in terms of gapping? Would you recommend etc…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, gbasgolf said:

I’m looking at introducing a new fairway wood, and bridge the gap between my current 3 wood and 4 hybrid. I have considered putting the new TM BRNR Mini Driver (13.5*) in the bag, replacing my current 3 wood, and introducing a 5 wood.

Im pretty good at striking the ball off the fairway for a player of my handicap (17), and want something that will provide an alternate tee shot than my driver, and might get a bit more distance and forgiveness than the 3 wood, whilst still having a long club to hit from the fairway.

Has anyone put a mini driver in the bag and where does this sit in terms of gapping? Would you recommend etc…

My own personal experience with the minidrivers are that they really are not that easy to hit off the deck. I mean you can, but a 3 wood is far easier. 

Personally if it is a bigger more forgiving club, there are some larger fairways out there that could provide that forgiveness you are looking for. 

What is the distance gap which you have right now? What distance are you hoping to get out of this club? The good news for you is there are a million options in this area... or maybe that is a bad thing! haha

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Off the deck it’s going to be harder to hit than a fairway wood. Not impossible but it’s bigger head which makes it harder.

Its more of a tee option for people 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I honestly don't know how people would use a mini driver, and for those that due - respect. 

Strokes gained/Decade show that whenever you can use driver you should, and I can't imagine trying to hit that thing off the deck.

Driver-  Titleist  TSR3 10*
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- Titleist 718 AP2 (6i-50*)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Axis1 TourHM
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it's worth bringing your driver and wood and going to test the mini driver to look at the numbers and see where it would fit. If you have less than 14 clubs in your bag then maybe it's an easy decision to make but if you have a full bag I think your average golfer would be hard pressed to justify getting rid of a club for a mini driver.

As an alternative, I know callaway makes one, and I'm sure other companies make them as well, but there are 3+ woods, they're 3 woods that are stronger lofted and with the 3 wood size they would also probably be easier to hit off the deck than a mini driver.

MA/New England

Driver: Cobra Speedzone Extreme: hazardous smoke yellow

3 wood: Cobra ltdx: hazardous smoke im10

Hybrid: Mizuno CLK19: tensei blue

Irons: Mizuno Pro 225: Dynamic gold 105-R300

Wedges: Callaway Jaws MD5: 54/10, 58/10 s grind

Putter: Ping Anser 2023

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, StrokerAce said:

Strokes gained/Decade show that whenever you can use driver you should

Sometimes I don't like this stat. I think driver on par 5s is definitely the play because your second shot is most likely going to be a wood, hybrid, long iron. But I play some courses where I can hit driver off the tee but it wouldn't be beneficial to do so (yardage, lie, etc) and it also assumes that the person is hitting their driver straight. 

MA/New England

Driver: Cobra Speedzone Extreme: hazardous smoke yellow

3 wood: Cobra ltdx: hazardous smoke im10

Hybrid: Mizuno CLK19: tensei blue

Irons: Mizuno Pro 225: Dynamic gold 105-R300

Wedges: Callaway Jaws MD5: 54/10, 58/10 s grind

Putter: Ping Anser 2023

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, gbasgolf said:

Im pretty good at striking the ball off the fairway for a player of my handicap (17), and want something that will provide an alternate tee shot than my driver, and might get a bit more distance and forgiveness than the 3 wood, whilst still having a long club to hit from the fairway.

I had a similar train of thought lately and from what I read (mainly on MGS), a mini driver is exactly what your are describing above.

The moment of inertia (MOI) aka forgiveness of these clubs is roughly 40-50% higher than that of fairway woods. However, the deeper face definitely makes it harder to hit off the deck.

To me, it would only make sense if you'd replace both your driver and 3W for a minidriver and added a 5W.

I never hit a mini driver per say, but I absolutely love my 3W off the tee so an alternative to driver is always interesting. Please keep up posted on your experience!

D: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.0ebce72d60b9ee4e1161e241fbbd9429.png Rogue ST Max LS 9° / Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.d0d357367dfa8603e4c4c28d6264026b.png Rogue White 130 MSI 70X

3W: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.4a59074c9744cc7e092f2c36e18ab3de.png Sim Max 15° / Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.6803317b2b3571b718d8c629a4de5c56.png Ventus Blue FW 6S

3H: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.6cb9c9932faadee028fda9a351832472.png TSi3 20° / True Temper Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.9a635b7848f15fd4613c0dfb4aad00e0.png Smoke Black RDX 6.0 80HYB

4i-PW: image.png.54cd730cdbf83f1301bb01ca97353cf9.png 01CB / Capturedcran2023-10-05111734.png.2d7f7e831dcd320c5c5d06d9d07a8556.png Tour 130X 2023 tester

52°-56°-60°: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.4a59074c9744cc7e092f2c36e18ab3de.png Milled Grind 2 / True Temper Capturedcran2023-10-05111734.png.76d14504ff83a37b897afbd6c4a1f0e0.png S200

PCapturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.cf5a492ebe80529a929e3f89cb5060c7.png DFX 2-ball

Ball: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.9ff2829469d46ce26b695253efbcd6a1.png Q-Star Tour & Z-Star and Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.4a59074c9744cc7e092f2c36e18ab3de.png TP5 & TP5x

Grips: D-3W: image.png.ec39cb9c1e60dc5987a37598700b82cc.png Z-Grip Cord / 3H-PW: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.d618cbfa3b9983eb4bb68d740c266b8a.png Crossline 360 / Wedges: Capturedcran2023-10-05105502.png.d618cbfa3b9983eb4bb68d740c266b8a.png Genesis Crossline Cord

Bag: image.png.45e8d8c11fdf4042fc63eb6c5195276e.png Anyday Ronin 14 2024 tester

Stat tracking: image.png.d3672a19dde52cc71c030458c62e5421.png X5

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It isn't marketed as a mini driver, but it has many of the similarities.... and I love this addition to my bag this year.  The Titleist TSR2+ - 13* -3 wood.  It has more of a fairway wood profile which I have no problem hitting from the fairway, but also gives me that little lower and less spinny flight from the tee when I don't need to hit driver.  The ball shape is definitely a bit more "draw" than my driver, which makes for a perfect option for me on those tight OB to the right holes.  I am about 20 yards shorter with it than my driver, but that isn't always a bad thing.  All that said... I've hit driver off the deck (pre 13* in my bag) if I need to roll something up on a par 5... but that was a rare occasion and only on the best of lies.  

  • Titleist TSR3 9* (A2 setting) Driver - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Titleist TSR2+ 3 Wood - Graphite Design Tour AD UB-5 R1
  • Srixon ZX 5W
  • Callaway Paradym 4-PW
  • Titleist Vokey SM9 50-08, 54-10 & 58-08
  • Scotty Cameron Super Select Newport 2.5
  • 2023 Titleist ProV1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, SKaye said:

I think it's worth bringing your driver and wood and going to test the mini driver to look at the numbers and see where it would fit. If you have less than 14 clubs in your bag then maybe it's an easy decision to make but if you have a full bag I think your average golfer would be hard pressed to justify getting rid of a club for a mini driver.

As an alternative, I know callaway makes one, and I'm sure other companies make them as well, but there are 3+ woods, they're 3 woods that are stronger lofted and with the 3 wood size they would also probably be easier to hit off the deck than a mini driver.

 

6 minutes ago, Shlax said:

I had a similar train of thought lately and from what I read (mainly on MGS), a mini driver is exactly what your are describing above.

The moment of inertia (MOI) aka forgiveness of these clubs is roughly 40-50% higher than that of fairway woods. However, the deeper face definitely makes it harder to hit off the deck.

To me, it would only make sense if you'd replace both your driver and 3W for a minidriver and added a 5W.

I never hit a mini driver per say, but I absolutely love my 3W off the tee so an alternative to driver is always interesting. Please keep up posted on your experience!

I have less than 14 currently, so would look to add the mini driver in replacement to the 3 wood and add a 5 wood, as I’ve read/seen videos where some amateurs can get almost as much out of a 5 Wood or close to as they can a three wood

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, GolfSpy TCB said:

It isn't marketed as a mini driver, but it has many of the similarities.... and I love this addition to my bag this year.  The Titleist TSR2+ - 13* -3 wood.  It has more of a fairway wood profile which I have no problem hitting from the fairway, but also gives me that little lower and less spinny flight from the tee when I don't need to hit driver.  The ball shape is definitely a bit more "draw" than my driver, which makes for a perfect option for me on those tight OB to the right holes.  I am about 20 yards shorter with it than my driver, but that isn't always a bad thing.  All that said... I've hit driver off the deck (pre 13* in my bag) if I need to roll something up on a par 5... but that was a rare occasion and only on the best of lies.  

I'm really interested in the TSR2+.  I currently have the TSR2 3HL at 16.5 which I really like and sometimes hit off the tee, so the TSR2+ is intriguing.  

Driver: :ping-small: Ping G425 Max ( Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 55g R)

Woods: :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Big Bertha B23 3 Wood (RCH 55 Regular), :taylormade-small: TaylorMade Stealth 2 HD 5 Wood (Fujikura Speeder NX Red Regular)

Hybrid:  :titleist-small: Titleist TSR2 5 Hybrid (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 65 R)

Irons: :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Apex 21 DCB (Project X IO Steel R), 

Wedges: :cleveland-small: Cleveland CBX Full Face 2 50, :cleveland-small: Cleveland CBX Zipcore 54, :callaway-logo-1: Callaway Jaws Full Face 58

Putter: :cleveland-small: Cleveland HB Soft #8P (UST All-In)

Ball: :srixon-small: Srixon Q Star Tour

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I asked this very question to my club pro. He said a couple things:

It’s essentially a deeper faced fairway wood that can replace a 3w. 
It can replace the driver for some people, who aren’t comfortable with a 460cc head. 
It’s somewhat of a gimmick. 

Ping G425 9 degree

Sim2Max 5w

TM Stealth 7w

TM p770 4-PW

Callaway JAWS 52, 56, 60

Scotty Cameron Phantom 11.5

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, MHock said:

I asked this very question to my club pro. He said a couple things:

It’s essentially a deeper faced fairway wood that can replace a 3w. 
It can replace the driver for some people, who aren’t comfortable with a 460cc head. 
It’s somewhat of a gimmick. 

Interesting take from your club pro. I disagree with the deep faced 3w. It’s 104-134 cc larger than the TaylorMade 3wds. It’s far from a deep faced 3w

Its also far from a gimmick. If he would have said niche product then I would agree.

 

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I bought the newest Taylor made burner.  As far as gapping goes. I’ve changed to a driver , this thing and a 5 wood it is a game changer for me, even though I had a few that did not go as high as I would like the distance was amazing regardless.  I used it off the deck on par 5 second shots and off the tee on some shorter par 4s that were a little tight to go all out.  I enjoyed it I got extra distance than my 3 wood and off the tee it was pretty consistently going pretty close to where I needed.  Small sample but for now I’ll keep it where it is.  Hope that helps

Cobra aero speed LS 9 degree

cobra rad speed 3 wood 13.5 degree

Srixon zx 2 iron

cobra forged tec 4-gap

taylormade mg3 raw 54

taylormade high toe 58 raw

odyssey double wide 34 inch 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just got a BRNR 13.5.  My plan is to use it largely as a tee club on holes at my home course on which a full driver would have more risk. I’m looking at something like 6 holes where this would work. I expect to hit it about as far as my 4 wood off the deck.  I plan on bumping up the loft on my 4 wood to 18*, making it essentially a 5 wood, then dropping my 7-wood or my 3-utility iron depending on course layout and conditions.  

------------------------------

Driver:   Titleist TSr2 11 - UST Helium 5F3

Fairway: Titleist TS2 16.5 and 21 - Evenflow Riptide CB R

Irons: Titleist U505 4U and T300 5-GW - Aerotech SteelFiber i80 R

Wedges:  Cleveland Black RTX ZipCore 54 and Full Face 58 - True Temper Dynamic Gold Wedge 

Putter:  Odyssey TriHot 5K TripleWide

Bag:  Titleist 15 Cart

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, GolfSpy TCB said:

It isn't marketed as a mini driver, but it has many of the similarities.... and I love this addition to my bag this year.  The Titleist TSR2+ - 13* -3 wood.  It has more of a fairway wood profile which I have no problem hitting from the fairway, but also gives me that little lower and less spinny flight from the tee when I don't need to hit driver.  The ball shape is definitely a bit more "draw" than my driver, which makes for a perfect option for me on those tight OB to the right holes.  I am about 20 yards shorter with it than my driver, but that isn't always a bad thing.  All that said... I've hit driver off the deck (pre 13* in my bag) if I need to roll something up on a par 5... but that was a rare occasion and only on the best of lies.  

i have a 13degree rocketbalz 3 wood in my bag, I really like it, more of a distance club than an accuracy club however it can move the ball close to the par 5's in two for me

committed to performance excellence

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it’s well suited for players who have a big difference between their driver carry and their first fairway wood. 

MW

Driver: Ping G425 Max - Kai'li 60

Fairways: Ping G425 Max - Aldila Rogue White MSI 80

Irons: Taylormade P790 - Project X LZ 6.5

Wedges: PM Grind 54, 60 - KBS Tour S

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've owned a couple of mini drivers over the years and it's definitely a tee only club for me. I don't have enough swing speed to make it a useful club off the deck.

Driver: :taylormade-small: QI10 Max
Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3HL
Fairway: :ping-small: G425 Max 9 Wood
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: 2020 CLK 5 Hybrid
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 6 Hybrid

Irons: :srixon-small: ZX4 7-PW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 46° 50° 54° & 58°
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:
 Array F-3 
Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour Yellow

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/2/2023 at 9:21 PM, Joe-in-OR said:

I bought the newest Taylor made burner.  As far as gapping goes. I’ve changed to a driver , this thing and a 5 wood it is a game changer for me, even though I had a few that did not go as high as I would like the distance was amazing regardless.  I used it off the deck on par 5 second shots and off the tee on some shorter par 4s that were a little tight to go all out.  I enjoyed it I got extra distance than my 3 wood and off the tee it was pretty consistently going pretty close to where I needed.  Small sample but for now I’ll keep it where it is.  Hope that helps

How far are you hitting your Dr, mini and 5w? 
 

I just ordered one to replace my old 3W that I didn’t like. I was hitting my new 5w the same distance (230) and my driver is 275. I’m hoping I can get this mini off the deck around 250. 

:ping-small: G430 LST - Graphite Design Tour AD DI6 XS

:callaway-small: AI Smoke Hybrid 3 & 5 - LA Golf A Series 105 XS

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKII 5i-AW - :Nippon: 1150 GH XS

:ping-small: - ChipR

:cobra-small: - Black SnakeBite 53 & 57

:scotty-small: - Super Select Golo 6.5

:taylormade-small: TP5x Yellow / :titleist-small: Left Dash / :bridgestone-small:B X / :srixon-small: ZStar 🔹

:Ogio:  

:Arccos:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hit my driver around 285 and the 5 wood about 220. This mini driver goes around 240 on the deck 260 has been about whats off the tee

Cobra aero speed LS 9 degree

cobra rad speed 3 wood 13.5 degree

Srixon zx 2 iron

cobra forged tec 4-gap

taylormade mg3 raw 54

taylormade high toe 58 raw

odyssey double wide 34 inch 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
On 5/2/2023 at 10:32 PM, gbtrsc said:

I just got a BRNR 13.5.  My plan is to use it largely as a tee club on holes at my home course on which a full driver would have more risk. I’m looking at something like 6 holes where this would work. I expect to hit it about as far as my 4 wood off the deck.  I plan on bumping up the loft on my 4 wood to 18*, making it essentially a 5 wood, then dropping my 7-wood or my 3-utility iron depending on course layout and conditions.  

I just bought one. I plan to use it in a similar way. When I play courses in the 7000 yard range, I have to hit 3 wood 4-6 times a round. Penalties aren’t coming from driver, but from 3 wood. 

TM Tour Sim2 8.5 Ventus Blue 75x

Srixon ZX7 (4-PW) DG Tour Issue x100

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/2/2023 at 3:40 PM, StrokerAce said:

I honestly don't know how people would use a mini driver, and for those that due - respect. 

Strokes gained/Decade show that whenever you can use driver you should, and I can't imagine trying to hit that thing off the deck.

I follow Decade and run into 5-7 holes a round that require 3 wood. These are holes where driver just doesn’t fit. If I play shorter courses in the 6400-6600 range I hit hybrid instead of 3 wood. 
 

In my state and US qualifiers this year, had only 1 hole where driver cost me a penalty stroke. I hit driver great but 3 wood on the other hand was an issue.
 

I hit up a few degrees on driver and struggle with 3 wood. Felt like i could hit 3 wood better if I could tee it up and hit it like driver.  Just bought a 13.5, so we will see. 

TM Tour Sim2 8.5 Ventus Blue 75x

Srixon ZX7 (4-PW) DG Tour Issue x100

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Erjohn said:

I follow Decade and run into 5-7 holes a round that require 3 wood. These are holes where driver just doesn’t fit. If I play shorter courses in the 6400-6600 range I hit hybrid instead of 3 wood. 
 

In my state and US qualifiers this year, had only 1 hole where driver cost me a penalty stroke. I hit driver great but 3 wood on the other hand was an issue.
 

I hit up a few degrees on driver and struggle with 3 wood. Felt like i could hit 3 wood better if I could tee it up and hit it like driver.  Just bought a 13.5, so we will see. 

i have had a taylor made 13.5 racketballs for about 7 years now, way before anyone called it a "mini driver" I used it to get as close as I can on par 5's and on occasion off the tee however it is not a scoring club for me just a distance club. I just totally redid my bag, new 16 1/2 degree 3 wood, new Ping G430 19 degree and Ping G430 22 degree, but I have kept the 13.5 in my bag... 

committed to performance excellence

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/2/2023 at 12:16 PM, gbasgolf said:

Has anyone put a mini driver in the bag and where does this sit in terms of gapping?

I use my 13.5* brnr mini essentially as a 2 wood. It replaced my stealth 2+ 3 wood. Off the tee its not even close as I can hit this way more confidently than a "traditional" 3 wood. But the best part of this club is how easy it is to use off the deck. I am not saying i would play this out of the rough but on a decent lie I can strip this thing off the deck easier than my stealth 2+ fw. 

On 5/4/2023 at 5:46 PM, anotherburntsteak said:

How far are you hitting your Dr, mini and 5w?

Here are my numbers currently.

 

Driver

image.png.91bb7169b678318c69bc0990d63f9525.png

 

BRNR mini was hit indoor off a mat and not teed up

image.png.85a0bbc860a9db0ceb0442b9c7c071f6.png

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Ai Smoke  9*  :Fuji: Ventus TR Black 6X 45.25"

FW: :taylormade-small: BRNR mini Driver 13.5*  Hzrdus Blue 70g 6.5 tipped 1"

Utility:  :callaway-logo-1: UW 21*  Hzrdus black 80g 6.5

Irons :   :srixon-small: ZX Utility 4 23* MCA Diamana Thump 100x

    :srixon-small: Z785 5-PW Nippon Modus 120x

Wedges:  :callaway-logo-1: TCB AW 50* Nippon Modus 120x

                :cleveland-small: zipcore 55* DG Wedge Spinner

                 :vokey-small: Vokey Wedgeworks T grind 60*  REV 2.0

Putter:  :odyssey-small: White Hot Versa 3T 

    BB8W MCA MMT Putter shaft

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 7 months later...
On 8/31/2023 at 3:04 PM, Glennyboy said:

I use my 13.5* brnr mini essentially as a 2 wood. It replaced my stealth 2+ 3 wood. Off the tee its not even close as I can hit this way more confidently than a "traditional" 3 wood. But the best part of this club is how easy it is to use off the deck. I am not saying i would play this out of the rough but on a decent lie I can strip this thing off the deck easier than my stealth 2+ fw. 

Here are my numbers currently.

 

Driver

image.png.91bb7169b678318c69bc0990d63f9525.png

 

BRNR mini was hit indoor off a mat and not teed up

image.png.85a0bbc860a9db0ceb0442b9c7c071f6.png

This is good information for me.

I've been hitting my Stealth2+ 3w great off the tee, better than my driver and only about 10-15yds shorter. My misses aren't nearly as bad which has me wondering if the Mini wouldn't be a better fit to replace my driver for now?

Im unsure if this is normal but I swear my Stealth2+ is HOTTTT but could just be I hit it very well

DRIVER PING.png G425 MAX w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange RAW 65 S 12*

*DRIVER TESTING CALLAWAY.png.02d1ed01b3f95aaceb59b33edf1d6f2d.png Paradym Ai SMOKE MAX D w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 65 S 10.5*

WOOD TAYLORMADE.png.8ad786f4fccdf7215d321a861dfa1c7f.png STEALTH 2 Plus 3w w/ Mitsubishi Kali Red 75 S 15*

HYBRID PING.png G425 2h w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange RAW 75 S 17*

HYBRID PING.png G410 4h w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Orange 75 S 22*

IRONMIZUNO.png.2bd95ff6ee2eb76ff25e7f5057c68c47.png 919 Forged 4i-PW w/ Dynamic Gold 105 S300 

WEDGES PING.png Glide Forged Pro w/ ZZ115 W 50*/58*

PUTTER Cleveland.jpg FRONTLINE 8.0 w/ 35" Slant neck 3*

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

With the Callaway mini driver release bumping this up. For me my 3hl wood is mainly a tee club when too much yardage with driver gets me in trouble or I’ve had a few bad driver swings and just need to feel the swing of something else from the tee. My wood on avg is about 30 yards short of my driver and I don’t nearly hit it as consistent from the tee as my driver. Hence the thought of a mini driver again the Callaway mini is clearly a tee club only based on its size. Is it worth having a club I’d only hit 2-3 times maybe during a round at my home course vs what I already have, plus losing the slight versatility from the fairway (I rarely hit my 3hl from the fairway as I am either not far enough out to use it and can hit shorter clubs in and/or the lie is not suitable to hitting such a long club). 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :kbs: TD Cat 4 70g (back up :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" )

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with :kbs: PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with:kbs: Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter::L.A.B.:Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

 

Ball:  :Snell: Prime 4.0

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

Glove: :redrooster:

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

 :1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

 :cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...