Side Street Back9 Golf Backpack

Bennett

I did a few searches on this forum and couldn't find a thread about this equipment, so I'm starting one.

I guess the Kickstarter for this bag concluded at the end of March, and they started shipping mid-April, so the bags are only about 2 months old now. I got mine in May, and so far it's my favorite bag I've owned (which is only a few).

Here's a few notes:
It's not ultralight, but it's not too heavy, and the construction seems very sturdy. I'm not at all worried about it getting flimsy like my 3 lb. bag.
The bag fits very comfortably on my back. I use it a few times per week to ride my ebike to the 3 courses and ranges that are ~5 miles from my house. I can even strap my pull cart to the back rack of my bike so I can walk the course but not have to carry all 18 (working up to that). The strange squarish-shape still fits very nicely on my push cart and also securely on every golf cart I've strapped it to. The multi-point connections on the bag allow me to configure the shoulder straps different ways, like when I need a single shoulder strap so I can carry my wife's bag on my other shoulder. 🙂

The number and size of pockets is just right, allowing me to store everything I need, plus a bit extra. It has all the features I want, like loops to hook brushes, towels, and other accessories, and elastic tee holders too.

I'm really impressed with the construction and stitching. Nothing seems weak or like it might stretch apart, and yeah, it's only been a few weeks, but all the zippers still seem solid.
The stand works well, but if you don't secure the straps, the legs occasionally get stuck on them, which just means I need to lean down and move it out of the way.
Definitely use the wide waist strap like you would on any good backpack, so the weight sits on your hips, not your shoulders. The back pad works very well at both keeping me comfortable and dry. It breathes well, and my back doesn't end up too sweaty.

When I load my clubs the way they recommend, it doesn't feel top-heavy at all, and I can even duck under low brush.

The only "problem" I've found so far is that I don't use the chest-strap at all. I haven't figured out a way to wear it where the chest strap doesn't make it less comfortable. The bag fits much better when I let the shoulder straps sit wide on my shoulders.

I haven't used it on my motorcycle yet, but I've been up to 38 mph on my ebike and it was completely stable and comfortable. Just a bit more wind resistance.

I really love this bag. It's my #1 favorite golf equipment I own because it allows me to increase my exercise, fitness, and eco-friendly climate sustainability.
I'd love to hear from anyone else who has tried it and I'm happy to answer any questions about it.

https://sidestreetgolf.com/products/back9-golf-backpack

Side street at the range.jpeg

In my Side Street Back 9 bag (<--love this bag!):
Callaway Edge, regular flex, from Costco (D,3w,5h,6,7,8,9,P,S)
Pinseeker TPW 50°
Pinseeker TPW 60°
Odyssey White Hot putter with Flatso 17" grip (reverse arm lock)
TaylorMade Tour Response + found balls
Shot Scope PRO L2 Rangefinder

• 2 weeks later...

Love the info, Bennett! 

I also commute primarily by bike. I have a nice all-road steel frame Surly Straggler. Not the lightest nor heaviest bike but weight is still something I have to consider if Im traveling several miles. 

Have you ridden on a non e-bike with this bag? If so how was the full weight etc?

WITB - :taylormade-small:Dr: Taylor Made SIM2 Tensei AV blue; :callaway-logo-1:3W, 4H, 5H: Callaway Strata Ultimate; 6-9i: Callaway Strata Ultimate; PW: Callaway JAWS MD5 46deg W grind, 12deg bounce; AW: Callaway JAWS MD5 52 deg W grind, 12deg bounce; SW: Callaway JAWS MD5 56 deg S grind, 12deg bounce; LW: Callaway JAWS MD5 60deg W grind, 12 deg bounce; Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 1 blade :odyssey-small:Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft X

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Navart,
With all the hills here in San Diego, it's unlikely that I will be using my Back9 with my non-ebike. The way it feels is similar to when I would carry my groceries home in a backpack. Most of the straps are adjustable enough that I can find a position that it sits nicely on my hips, and the weight doesn't shift around, so if you know what a 20-25lb. internal frame backpack feels like while riding, it's just like that, with just a little more wind resistance at the top from the driver and wood headcovers. 
It's a bit awkward to tuck and streamline the bag, I have done it briefly under trees and bushes. It's much more comfortable riding upright with it on my back.

In my Side Street Back 9 bag (<--love this bag!):
Callaway Edge, regular flex, from Costco (D,3w,5h,6,7,8,9,P,S)
Pinseeker TPW 50°
Pinseeker TPW 60°
Odyssey White Hot putter with Flatso 17" grip (reverse arm lock)
TaylorMade Tour Response + found balls
Shot Scope PRO L2 Rangefinder

• 4 weeks later...

Interesting bag but too big for me, I'm trying to adapt a bag for a half set I use and will post a photo when it's ready. I carried a std bag when I was fit in another life time 😂 now need all the help 🙏 I can get lol...

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

• 6 months later...

I just got an ad for this on Instagram. I wish I gotten it earlier because I recently got a Ping Hoofer Lite. I totally love it, but this would've fit me so much better!

• Driver - Paradym X (10.5°)
  • 5W - Paradym X
  • 4h - Paradym X
  • 5i-PW,AW,GW - Paradym X
  • 56°, 60° - JAWS Raw Face
  • Putter - White Hot Versa Double Wide DB

I need ultralight to help my longevity in golf and I only carry six clubs but could go seven depending on the course 😉

Edited by Bang60
Error

I’m a hacker who loves nothing more than to change how I play, be that grips shafts and heads its all fair game lol…

This is a very cool idea and a decent execution. It’s a great to see people coming out with a new take on the golf bag. Denmark has a huge bike culture, and I’ve seen some folks walking or biking with clubs in hand. I’ve seen some who have taken to towing their clubs and push cart behind them. Hope this gets more traction.

WITB 2024

DRIVER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png AEROJET 10.5°  |  FAIRWAY Callawaylogo.png.c084288fc4a8ed17e2f93c60b519702c.png ROGUE ST MAX 3/15°
HYBRID Pinglogo.png.11947cc88c8641d62e0a99c26da08b18.png G410 21°  |  UTILITY Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 U 5/23°
IRONS Untitled-9(1).png.4964fe6cb2103eef562fd832a625b0d5.png 699 V2 6-PW
WEDGES Clevelandgolflogo.png.9b2e702587cd5230010a835ced0f97a0.png CBX 2 50°, 54°, 58°
PUTTER Cobralogo.png.5257fd97d99f057b9bfc81c06d7fcc62.png KING GRANDSPORT 35

BALL WilsonStafflogo.png.d0d70a74fad1e8f9c4d9f0581e24d31e.pngMODEL | Vicelogo.png.ac8ca0040252d91a9cdaef9d94e6284b.png PRO WHITE/BLUE ICE
BAG Sunmountainlogo.png.2555e0c0e8e49c09ea72c6df224aa0f2.png 3.5 LS  |  PUSHCART Roviclogo.png.ebc800ac4238271b0253c238793522de.png RV1S

2024 Fit For Golf Training App Review