Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

R.I.P. Rogue driver

DocHenn

Rest in pieces that is. Tried to sneak in a quick trip to the range before work and the crown breaks and flies off the head of my driver… 3 days before my clubs member/member tournament, not ideal 43830C08-D44C-4D3F-95CD-4FA3FFA88ADC.jpeg.1ab4dd8c1cc6bde13b81757eefbbad3a.jpeg

Edited by DocHenn

Father of 3, ER doctor but full time amateur golfer   

• DocHenn changed the title to R.I.P. Rogue driver

Ouch that’s just tough to see!

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

19 hours ago, DocHenn said:

Rest in pieces that is. Tried to sneak in a quick trip to the range before work and the crown breaks and flies off the head of my driver… 3 days before my clubs member/member tournament, not ideal 43830C08-D44C-4D3F-95CD-4FA3FFA88ADC.jpeg.1ab4dd8c1cc6bde13b81757eefbbad3a.jpeg

Call Callaway. They won’t give you a new driver (presume this is OG rogue) but can get some credit. Maybe score a newer driver on CPO? That sucks it happened. 

Follow my journey to enjoying golf and going low

Driver: :callaway-small:   Epic Max LS :Fuji:Ventus Black 6x 44.5" 

3wHL: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS 75x  Tensei AV Blue w/ xlink

7w: :callaway-small:Apex UW 21* MMT 80S

DI: Caley 01X 18* with KBS PGH Stiff plus 95g

4-AW: th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  with KBS Tour Stiff 2.5* up 3/4" long, Soft stepped, MOI matched

Wedges     :cleveland-small: Zipcore 

Putter: L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 69*/35" in blue 

Ball:  TBD

Shot Tracking: :ShotScope:

Bag: Vessel VLX 2.0

Grip: Lamkin Sonar +  Midsize 

My Reviews:

Caley 01X Driving Iron Review 2023

Max Swing Speed Training and Speed Progress: Current Speed 120 in the MGS Speed Challenge (updated 3/15/23)

:1332069271_TommyArmour:TAIII #2  Review here: TAIII Impact #2 Putter )

:cleveland-small: Zipcore Tour Rack 54/full and 58/mid (review here)

th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg  0211  2019 Unofficial Review

I can send you a Nike covert vrs

#GoBallsOutAlways #GoRickieGo

Driver:      :Sub70:849 Pro-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0-NO1 50 Series Grip
Fairway:   :Sub70:949X-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0 (1/2 inch short)-NO1 50 Series Grip
Driving Irons:     :Sub70:699 Pro 2-:truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips

Irons:     Custom:Sub70: 639 CB 5-Pw :truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips   
Wedges:   WedgeFx 52,56,60-:truetemper: DG S400Shafts-NO1 50 Series Grips 
Putter:      :Sub70: Sycamore 007-NO1 P90 Pistol Grip
Ball:           :odin:X1

Bag:     Side Street- Back9 Backpack Bag

Link to my Bag Boy ZTF Review!

I have heard tell on the r/golf subreddit of many manufacturers upgrading warranty claims (or maybe just fairly new broken clubs not under warranty) to a brand new club of the newest model. I don't remember if Callaway was one that did it but its worth a shot! I wouldn't be surprised if you at least got a Mint quality replacement from Callaway Pre-Owned.

WITB:

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.8* Turned to 9.5* with Alta CB Red Stiff Flex

3 Hybrid: TaylorMade R15 Rescue

Irons: TaylorMade Burner 2.0

Wedges: Lazarus 52, 56, and 60

Putter: Putter Designed and Built by me!

I got it off CPO about 3 years ago. Called them yesterday they said I’m SOL as far as a warranty claim but gave me a code for 40% off list price on a replacement from their site, 40% can’t be combined with any deals they are currently running. So something is better than nothing I guess.
I’m just kind of annoyed with them right now because I’m still waiting for a payout on 5 trade in clubs I sent them over 2 months ago. 

Father of 3, ER doctor but full time amateur golfer   

8 minutes ago, DocHenn said:

I got it off CPO about 3 years ago. Called them yesterday they said I’m SOL as far as a warranty claim but gave me a code for 40% off list price on a replacement from their site, 40% can’t be combined with any deals they are currently running. So something is better than nothing I guess.
I’m just kind of annoyed with them right now because I’m still waiting for a payout on 5 trade in clubs I sent them over 2 months ago. 

To be fair, that's a pretty good offer on a nearly 4 year old club. I do agree on the issues on the trade ins, I've seen a few folks note that it's taking a lot longer to get their payouts resolved. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

14 minutes ago, DocHenn said:

I’d ask about the trade in, the site is quoting 40-45 days.  I’d say 60 is enough to ask for some information.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

19 minutes ago, DocHenn said:

1. A few years back, I had issues with another manufacturer.  They were stonewalling me.  I took to twitter and couple other places.  Was sure to # their company and # powers that be (usually you can find their handles somewhere).  Make a bit of noise and you'll be swimming in some good results pretty quickly.  

My process took about a day.  Got a DM from the CEO's assistant asking for my phone number.  And that wasn't nearly this issue.

2. Another thought - many have randomly sent in broken clubs and gotten repairs/replacements over the years, no questions asked.  

Meaning - maybe just randomly call in to the company and avoid the backstory of how you came to own it in the first place.  Just say "I have it, it cratered, what can you do?" In reality, what does it matter when you bought it, whether it was registered or not.  Unless you were pulling fence posts with it, it isn't like you were using it "wrong".  

WITB

Drivers: Cobra F9 w/Atmos

HOOK STICKS(hybrids): Adams Pro 20*/23*  hook sticks!🤓

IRONS: Bridgestone Tour Stage TS-202 (5-PW)  /  Yamaha Inpres XV Forged (5-PW)   /   Ping Eye2 (3-S)

WEDGES: Callaway MackDaddy2 52*/56*

PUTTER: Ping Zing2 /  Anser4  /  Bobby Grace LoPro   / Bobby Grace Fat Lady Swings

BALLS:   :srixon-small:  Z-Star    :vice:  Pro +

:ping-small:        :callaway-logo-1:   :cobra-small:   :1332069271_TommyArmour:      :bobby-grace-1:   :adams-small:      :cleveland-small: 

On 6/20/2023 at 12:41 PM, DocHenn said:

The parts you need look intact? 😆 

:callaway-small: Driver: Fusion, 9 deg, UST Recoil 450 ES F3/2

:ping-small: 430 MAX 4w (5w head delofted 1* with 3w shaft), 7w, 5h w/ Alta CB Soft Regular shaft

:mizuno-small: JPX923 HM 6i - GW w/ UST Recoil 460 ESX F3

:cleveland-small: RTX6 52* and 56* with Recoil 760 ESX F2 

:odyssey-small: Versa DB DoubleWide 

:srixon-small:: Z-Star Tour