Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

The DeChambeau Leap

I'm confident in saying that Bryson easily clears Phil's vertical leap after draining a 39'-6" putt for birdie on #18 and carding a record 58.  Following up a 61 with a 58 is some crazy good golf.  Zach's captain picks just got a little more difficult.

AA1eRPdI.img?w=768&h=512&m=6&x=1897&y=81

e07_main_mickelson_09_60812202.jpg?resiz

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

Here comes the Brooks/Bryson pairing for the Cup!!!!  Can you imagine being on the bubble, playing the PGA tour all year only to get bumped by a non-member in shorts??  Zach has tough decisions indeed. 

:titelist-small: TSR2 10.0 Fujikura Ventus TR Black 5x

:titelist-small: TSR2+ 14.5 degree Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6s

:titelist-small: TSR2 18 degree Graphite Design Tour AD UB 6s

:titelist-small: T200 Utility Build 4iron Graphite Design Tour AD DI

:titelist-small: T100s 5-P Dynamic Gold TI X100 

:vokey-small: SM 9 50, 54, 58

:cameron-small: Super Select Golo 6

:titelist-small: ProV1X 

6 hours ago, fixyurdivot said:

I'm confident in saying that Bryson easily clears Phil's vertical leap after draining a 39'-6" putt for birdie on #18 and carding a record 58.  Following up a 61 with a 58 is some crazy good golf.  Zach's captain picks just got a little more difficult.

AA1eRPdI.img?w=768&h=512&m=6&x=1897&y=81

e07_main_mickelson_09_60812202.jpg?resiz

I will take Phil's leap due to the age difference.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

I just read that he did it using a a Krank Formula Fire Long Drive head with 6 degrees of loft too. Bloody outrageous effort that

Driver - :cobra-small: King SZ 1w 7.5° w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 110MSI 60x

Woods - :cobra-small:King SZ Big Tour 3w 13.5° w/ Fujikura Pro 65, King SZ 5w 20° w/ Tensei CK White 70

Driving Iron - :cobra-small: King Utility 2i 16° w/ Project X Hzrdus Black 85

Irons - :callaway-small: Apex '24 Combo set - 4i Pro, 5i-8i CB, 9i-10i MB w/ KBS Tour V 120 X-Stiff

Wedges - :callaway-small: MD5 Jaws 52° - S 10° grind, 56° - C 8° grind, 60° - C 8° grind w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue 115

Putter(s) - :odyssey-small: :callaway-small: :scotty-small: :titleist-small: :ping-small:  :nike-small: :wilson-small: O-Works 2 Ball Black, Big Bertha Warbird, Special Select Squareback 2.0, Red X2, Bullseye Original Flange SC, Bullseye Standard Flange SC, OG Bronze Anser, Method Midnight 007, R.Mendralla 8802

9 hours ago, Fongle said:

I just read that he did it using a a Krank Formula Fire Long Drive head with 6 degrees of loft too. Bloody outrageous effort that

Yes, the Krank was/is getting lots of attention on the airwaves.  What impressed me was that he was in flat-out mode. A number of the fairways were narrow and a miscue at those lengths had big trouble written all over them.  At the turn he knew the sub60 was in play and never pulled back on the throttle.

11 hours ago, GaDawg said:

I will take Phil's leap due to the age difference.

I'm not sure what Phil's jump index is compared to Bryson, but I suppose that needs to be factored in 🙂.

11 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

What impressed me was that he was in flat-out mode. A number of the fairways were narrow and a miscue at those lengths had big trouble written all over them.  At the turn he knew the sub60 was in play and never pulled back on the throttle.

Yeah absolutely, there's a line between aiming for low 60's, and chasing the unicorn and going sub 60, and crossing that line takes some monumental cajones. Absolutely phenomenal golf. Was happy to see Rahmbo congratulating him on it afterwards too, class act to acknowledge a great game regardless of where it's played. 

Driver - :cobra-small: King SZ 1w 7.5° w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 110MSI 60x

Woods - :cobra-small:King SZ Big Tour 3w 13.5° w/ Fujikura Pro 65, King SZ 5w 20° w/ Tensei CK White 70

Driving Iron - :cobra-small: King Utility 2i 16° w/ Project X Hzrdus Black 85

Irons - :callaway-small: Apex '24 Combo set - 4i Pro, 5i-8i CB, 9i-10i MB w/ KBS Tour V 120 X-Stiff

Wedges - :callaway-small: MD5 Jaws 52° - S 10° grind, 56° - C 8° grind, 60° - C 8° grind w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue 115

Putter(s) - :odyssey-small: :callaway-small: :scotty-small: :titleist-small: :ping-small:  :nike-small: :wilson-small: O-Works 2 Ball Black, Big Bertha Warbird, Special Select Squareback 2.0, Red X2, Bullseye Original Flange SC, Bullseye Standard Flange SC, OG Bronze Anser, Method Midnight 007, R.Mendralla 8802

It was really fun to watch.  I happened across it when DeChambeau was teeing off on hole #2.

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Hybrid:  Callaway Apex Pro 2H 

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 

Putter:  Ping  Scottsdale Wolverine

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV 

Zack JOhnson is not going to pick any LIV players outside of Brooks, who may automatically qualify. It is possible that the PGA of America along with the Tour(s) are quietly saying no to LIV players at least till some form of merger or full reconciliation is accomplished.

Driver: Ping G430 SFT 10.5

Fairway Woods: Ping SFT G425 3-5-7

Irons;    Ping 425 4-LW

Putter:  Ping Sigma2 Anser Platinum

Odyssey Tour#1 White Hot 

Ball:      Titleist Tour Speed

Bag:      Titleist

42 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

What impressed me was that he was in flat-out mode. A number of the fairways were narrow and a miscue at those lengths had big trouble written all over them.  At the turn he knew the sub60 was in play and never pulled back on the throttle.

This is the modern strategy for playing golf. It was working for at least 2 days so why change strategies?  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

3 minutes ago, cnosil said:

This is the modern strategy for playing golf. It was working for at least 2 days so why change strategies?  

Good point but he also held a 2-4 shot lead through most of the back nine and, with the wet conditions over the last handful of holes, could have looked to protect the win more than shoot the sub 60. 

38 minutes ago, Fongle said:

Yeah absolutely, there's a line between aiming for low 60's, and chasing the unicorn and going sub 60, and crossing that line takes some monumental cajones. Absolutely phenomenal golf. Was happy to see Rahmbo congratulating him on it afterwards too, class act to acknowledge a great game regardless of where it's played. 

Yes, I saw that from Rahm and thought the same thing.  The more I hear from Jon, the more impressed I am with him. He seems to have a very balanced perspective on things and not quick to follow the herd. I'm not a twitter user but suspect Bryson received congratulations from other tour players... or at least I hope that would be the case.

5 minutes ago, fixyurdivot said:

Good point but he also held a 2-4 shot lead through most of the back nine and, with the wet conditions over the last handful of holes, could have looked to protect the win more than shoot the sub 60. 

How do you “protect the win”.   Do you hit the ball shorter with no guarantee that you will hit more fairways and then have longer clubs into greens?   

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

15 minutes ago, cnosil said:

How do you “protect the win”.   Do you hit the ball shorter with no guarantee that you will hit more fairways and then have longer clubs into greens?   

Much like Lucas Glover did on #18 yesterday.  We see it all the time... but it dosen't always work.

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/8/2023 at 12:30 AM, cnosil said:

I'd say protecting the win = playing more conservatively and avoiding risks / hazards.

Taylormade Stealth Plus Driver 9, Oban Devotion 45-03 | Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 3 + 5 Wood, Oban Revenge 65-03 | Mizuno HiFli 16.5 2 Iron | Titleist T200 4-GW Irons, KBS Tour 110 R | Titleist Vokey Design SM9 Chrome SW & LW (54/12D, 60/12D) | Odyssey Versa Seven Putter  Titleist Pro V1x | Srixon Tour Staff Bag The Open Staff Bag 2022 | Clicgear Model 4.0 Buggy | Bushnell Tour V6 Shift Rangefinder | Golf Pride MCC ALIGN (Standard) Grips |

9 hours ago, stratgolf said:

I'd say protecting the win = playing more conservatively and avoiding risks / hazards.

“Conservative” golf doesn’t say much.  Hitting less club off the tee doesn’t guarantee anything other than you have to hit longer clubs into the green.   Longer clubs into greens means more missed greens and being farther from the hole.   Isn’t golf generally about avoiding risks and hazards; which is neither conservative or aggressive.  

6 minutes ago, cnosil said:

“Conservative” golf doesn’t say much.  Hitting less club off the tee doesn’t guarantee anything other than you have to hit longer clubs into the green.   Longer clubs into greens means more missed greens and being farther from the hole.   Isn’t golf generally about avoiding risks and hazards; which is neither conservative or aggressive.  

Would suggest playing conservative not really about taking less club but more where you're aiming it - e.g middle of greens rather than firing at pins, laying up rather than going for it where appropriate etc

Taylormade Stealth Plus Driver 9, Oban Devotion 45-03 | Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond 3 + 5 Wood, Oban Revenge 65-03 | Mizuno HiFli 16.5 2 Iron | Titleist T200 4-GW Irons, KBS Tour 110 R | Titleist Vokey Design SM9 Chrome SW & LW (54/12D, 60/12D) | Odyssey Versa Seven Putter  Titleist Pro V1x | Srixon Tour Staff Bag The Open Staff Bag 2022 | Clicgear Model 4.0 Buggy | Bushnell Tour V6 Shift Rangefinder | Golf Pride MCC ALIGN (Standard) Grips |

1 hour ago, stratgolf said:

Would suggest playing conservative not really about taking less club but more where you're aiming it - e.g middle of greens rather than firing at pins, laying up rather than going for it where appropriate etc

Based on what I have learned in course strategy, aiming at pins unless you are within wedge distance is a bad idea; always consider dispersion patterns.   Middle of green isn’t generally a good strategy.  Targeting is about avoiding potential penalties so what you normally do is appropriate.

But Phil had those long pants dragging him down. 

14 of the following:

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree

Callaway 2023 Big Bertha 3 wood set to 17 degrees

Cobra F9 Speedback 7/8 wood set at 23.5 degrees

Callaway Epic Max 11 wood

Ping Eye 2 BeCu 2-SW

Mizuno 923 JPX HM HL 6-GW

Hogan sand wedge 56 degree bent to 53

Maltby M Series+ 54 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye2 58 degree

Ping Glide 3.0 60 degree

Evnroll ER2

Ping Sigma 2 Anser

Cheap Top Flite mallet putter from Dick's, currently holding down first place in the bag

TaylorMade Mini Spider

Bridgestone XS

On 9/5/2023 at 9:22 AM, cnosil said:

Based on what I have learned in course strategy, aiming at pins unless you are within wedge distance is a bad idea; always consider dispersion patterns.   Middle of green isn’t generally a good strategy.  Targeting is about avoiding potential penalties so what you normally do is appropriate.

DECADE will tell everybody how Tiger played golf. and we ALL want to play golf like he did haha. I couldn't recommend DECADE any higher. It's a must for true golf grinders. 

:callaway-small:Driver: Paradym Triple Diamond

:taylormade-small:3 Wood: Stealth Plus

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Stealth Plus 

:srixon-small:Irons: Srixon ZX7

:taylormade-small:Wedges: MG2 50* MG3 54* and SM9 58* M Grind

:EVNROLL:Putter: Evnroll EV5

:titleist-small: GolfBall: 2023 ProV1

5 minutes ago, JStapp said:

DECADE will tell everybody how Tiger played golf. and we ALL want to play golf like he did haha. I couldn't recommend DECADE any higher. It's a must for true golf grinders. 

Yes, he uses Tiger in a lot of his example simply because he played extremely smart golf.   But you hear about more players following the outlined strategies and being successful.   Kind of becoming the gold standard in how to play golf.   

1 minute ago, cnosil said:

Yes, he uses Tiger in a lot of his example simply because he played extremely smart golf.   But you hear about more players following the outlined strategies and being successful.   Kind of becoming the gold standard in how to play golf.   

Couldn't agree more. If people want to play THEIR best golf, they should invest in the mental game! 

:callaway-small:Driver: Paradym Triple Diamond

:taylormade-small:3 Wood: Stealth Plus

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Stealth Plus 

:srixon-small:Irons: Srixon ZX7

:taylormade-small:Wedges: MG2 50* MG3 54* and SM9 58* M Grind

:EVNROLL:Putter: Evnroll EV5

:titleist-small: GolfBall: 2023 ProV1