Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Where do or would you recommend buying used putters?

Kmbond

I recently went on a trip to Colorado and unexpectedly had a free afternoon so I went golfing! Went to Keystone Ranch just north of Breckenridge. Awesome course!! A real beautiful RTJ course. See video below for an example of the views: 

As an aside.. I had to rent clubs because I wasn’t expecting to be able to golf. I currently have a blade putter but the rental set had a odyssey two ball (pictured below) 

IMG_4551.jpeg.df86c3702f37a4d6f28906a4452e221a.jpeg

I sank a couple monster putts and my lag putting was probably the best I’ve had this season.

It made me think it might be time for a switch.. so my question is where would people recommend buying used putters? I would like to switch but don’t want to shell out 250-350 for a new one. 

Any recommendations or suggestions welcome! 

WITB: Sim2 driver and 3W, SimMax 4H (I LOVE this club), AP2 irons (4-50), Tommy Armour wedges (56 and 60), Kirkland KS1 putter (and I’ll have to admit I love this putter and have tried lots of different ones over the last few years) 

1 hour ago, Kmbond said:

I recently went on a trip to Colorado and unexpectedly had a free afternoon so I went golfing! Went to Keystone Ranch just north of Breckenridge. Awesome course!! A real beautiful RTJ course. See video below for an example of the views: 

IMG_4520.mov 29.75 MB · 0 downloads  

As an aside.. I had to rent clubs because I wasn’t expecting to be able to golf. I currently have a blade putter but the rental set had a odyssey two ball (pictured below) 

I sank a couple monster putts and my lag putting was probably the best I’ve had this season.

It made me think it might be time for a switch.. so my question is where would people recommend buying used putters? I would like to switch but don’t want to shell out 250-350 for a new one. 

local shops that sell used equipment. ebay.   Global golf, 3 balls, 2nd swing, mikes golf outlet and a host of other used clubs websites.  If you want that model, then go to callaway preowned and buy from there;  they have sales on the putters quite frequently.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

1 minute ago, cnosil said:

local shops that sell used equipment. ebay.   Global golf, 3 balls, 2nd swing, mikes golf outlet and a host of other used clubs websites.  If you want that model, then go to callaway preowned and buy from there;  they have sales on the putters quite frequently.  

Exactly this. I’ve bought from GG, 3balls, 2ndSwing, and CPO with no complaints. Callaway Preowned regularly run sales and most of the time the equipment is in way better shape than what they list it as. 

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

1 hour ago, cnosil said:

Thanks for the extra few websites. I’ve stumbled upon 2nd swing before but I’m always hesitant to buy used off of websites. I’ve had it stuck in my head that I can only reliably buy used from a store like golf galaxy or something because of the large amount of counterfeit clubs out there. 

I’ll check out some of those though. Again, appreciate the suggestions! 

WITB: Sim2 driver and 3W, SimMax 4H (I LOVE this club), AP2 irons (4-50), Tommy Armour wedges (56 and 60), Kirkland KS1 putter (and I’ll have to admit I love this putter and have tried lots of different ones over the last few years) 

1 hour ago, TSauer said:

Exactly this. I’ve bought from GG, 3balls, 2ndSwing, and CPO with no complaints. Callaway Preowned regularly run sales and most of the time the equipment is in way better shape than what they list it as. 

Appreciate the confirmation of the above! And it’s good to hear that you’ve had good experiences buying from those vendors. Gives me some confidence as I’m looking at used putters. 

And that’s a pro tip about the Callaway preowned sales. Do you know if there’s a way you can sign up for alerts for sales or something? I’d be interested to hear about when that happens but I worry I wouldn’t check the website often enough to catch sales. 

Again, really appreciate the feedback and help! 

12 minutes ago, Kmbond said:

Appreciate the confirmation of the above! And it’s good to hear that you’ve had good experiences buying from those vendors. Gives me some confidence as I’m looking at used putters. 

And that’s a pro tip about the Callaway preowned sales. Do you know if there’s a way you can sign up for alerts for sales or something? I’d be interested to hear about when that happens but I worry I wouldn’t check the website often enough to catch sales. 

Again, really appreciate the feedback and help! 

I'm not sure if they have a mailing list or not, I'm sure they do. I usually just end up seeing their ads pop up on Facebook. Right now they have a 30% off stack picks, but I feel like every other week they have sales going on.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

You can sign up for email alerts for Callaway Preowned. They are constantly running 20-30% off sales on different types of clubs. You won’t have to wait long on a putter sale. Can confirm the quality from them. Bought a wedge last year, better condition than expected. 

There are great preowned online sites, With the exception of CPO (who I completely trust their club look/use rating) I prefer those who show actual photos. When I lived in an area that had them, golf retailers, Play it again Sports, and even thrift stores are worth a look.

Chasing my ball around the cow field, trying to avoid the “ruff.”

Only from someone with the technical expertise to know if the puttter is still true & has the proper Maltby equipment to test & verify before my eyes.
 A used putter could be the death of someone with decent luck & half skilled - anything that might cause a doubt to enter into their mind,
 I;d never touch a used putter, or a knockoff for that matter, BUT - I have also only has 3 putters in the last 20 years & have the specs checked annually.

If you are looking for something specific I can’t recommend the BST sections of golf websites enough. 

I won’t go into others as they have been covered above.  

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

2 hours ago, M3S2 said:

You can sign up for email alerts for Callaway Preowned. They are constantly running 20-30% off sales on different types of clubs. You won’t have to wait long on a putter sale. Can confirm the quality from them. Bought a wedge last year, better condition than expected. 

Appreciate that info! I’ll look for where to sign up. 

That might be where I get my next club from. 

Which wedge did you end up getting? 

Mack Daddy CB 56* following a failed relationship with a Full Toe Raw 56*.  Short game has been a struggle. One of the few, if not only, times an equipment purchase had an immediate, clear impact on performance. -4.51 short game strokes against my benchmark handicap over 17 rounds with the FT Raw to -.67 in the first 27 holes with the MD CB. Probably mostly mental, but it was worth the $89. 

17 hours ago, cnosil said:

This is the best answer.  I walked into Dick's Sporting Goods the other day - I'm really not a fan of that place but they're convenient and they have a simulator set up so you can swing a bunch of different clubs.  We were looking for a new Hybrid for my grandson, went in and hit a few and I asked the guy if they ever sell them used from use in the simulator.  I was surprised when he said yes, and he then led us to row full of used clubs that have never been outdoors - they were all used in the simulator room.  Found both a hybrid and a driver for him at great prices.

BigMacQue
Titleist Driver and Hybrid
Titleist T400 Irons, 5-GW
Vokey Wedges, 50 and 56
Cleveland Launcher 3 Wood and Cleveland 10.5C HB Soft Putter
Titleist Tour Soft

Sun 70 has a great used putter section 

#GoBallsOutAlways #GoRickieGo

Driver:      :Sub70:849 Pro-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0-NO1 50 Series Grip
Fairway:   :Sub70:949X-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0 (1/2 inch short)-NO1 50 Series Grip
Driving Irons:     :Sub70:699 Pro 2-:truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips

Irons:     Custom:Sub70: 639 CB 5-Pw :truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips   
Wedges:   WedgeFx 52,56,60-:truetemper: DG S400Shafts-NO1 50 Series Grips 
Putter:      :Sub70: Sycamore 007-NO1 P90 Pistol Grip
Ball:           :odin:X1

Bag:     Side Street- Back9 Backpack Bag

Link to my Bag Boy ZTF Review!

7 hours ago, M3S2 said:

Mack Daddy CB 56* following a failed relationship with a Full Toe Raw 56*.  Short game has been a struggle. One of the few, if not only, times an equipment purchase had an immediate, clear impact on performance. -4.51 short game strokes against my benchmark handicap over 17 rounds with the FT Raw to -.67 in the first 27 holes with the MD CB. Probably mostly mental, but it was worth the $89. 

That’s still an amazing improvement and definitely sounds for $89! I’d replace all the clubs in my bag for $89 each if they each had that kind of impact 😂 any other clubs you’ve bought used before?

5 hours ago, BigMacQue said:

This is the best answer.  I walked into Dick's Sporting Goods the other day - I'm really not a fan of that place but they're convenient and they have a simulator set up so you can swing a bunch of different clubs.  We were looking for a new Hybrid for my grandson, went in and hit a few and I asked the guy if they ever sell them used from use in the simulator.  I was surprised when he said yes, and he then led us to row full of used clubs that have never been outdoors - they were all used in the simulator room.  Found both a hybrid and a driver for him at great prices.

That’s a fantastic! And a great reminder to me and everyone else that good deals can be found anywhere. I’ll take a look at Dicks and see what they’ve got. Appreciate that advice. Any other hidden gems spots you’ve found? 

4 hours ago, OdinSnipes414 said:

Sun 70 has a great used putter section 

I’ll have to check them out. Do you personally have one? 

38 minutes ago, Kmbond said:

That’s still an amazing improvement and definitely sounds for $89! I’d replace all the clubs in my bag for $89 each if they each had that kind of impact 😂 any other clubs you’ve bought used before?

Me too, unfortunately no others have had that much impact, although a $39 4 wood was really showing promise this year, got off the ground and went straight consistently, but ballooned too many shots to stay. Fortunately, the honeymoon with the wedge is not fading, so I may have chosen wisely. Almost everything in my bag was bought used; local shops, eBay, 2nd Swing Golf. I’ve had good luck with online used purchases as far as condition, being authentic, etc.   But I buy online by exception, prefer to see and touch before purchasing. 

1 hour ago, Kmbond said:

A sun 70 putter yes a used one no! I built mine but still the new putters are cheap compared to the big names!IMG_4447.jpeg.a735c1a6732296a1ab2e2acacd79611f.jpegIMG_4446.jpeg.11c6ec192989834389274e4e4788c990.jpegIMG_4445.jpeg.39735cbf9fd1fbc970ae440358853211.jpegIMG_4444.jpeg.74591d67dca675078dde80515a255522.jpeg

Driver:      :Sub70:849 Pro-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0-NO1 50 Series Grip
Fairway:   :Sub70:949X-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0 (1/2 inch short)-NO1 50 Series Grip

1 hour ago, Kmbond said:

Worth a look

Used sub 70 section  @Kmbond

On 8/9/2023 at 1:27 AM, Kmbond said:

IMG_4520.mov 29.75 MB · 1 download  

In Europe you have Golfbidder selling 2nd hand golf equipment and England you have Clubhouse golf selling new equipment and sometimes have strong prices, some German sites sometimes have ok strong prices. But you live in Indiana so you are not going to be much with European sites.

Greetings
Christof

:taylormade-small:Redline Monte Carlo, Face Balanced, Grip:garsen: max

:cleveland-small: RTX5 58°/06°, RTX6° 54° low+8° and 48°/10°Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue Wedge Flex

:wilson_staff_small: D9: 5 en PW; KBS Max Ultralight steel

:taylormade-small: Stealth F.W.7 21° and F.W.3 15° ventus red 5 regular

:taylormade-small: TP5: :vice: Pro plus

Garmin: Vivoactive 4

:nike-small: Air max 90

On 8/8/2023 at 6:27 PM, Kmbond said:

IMG_4520.mov 29.75 MB · 1 download  

Facebook Marketplace is and option also

Ping 430 Max H/L 10 Degree Geezer Flex

Ping 425 7 wood Geezer Flex

Ping 425 5H [Not in bag]

TM DHY 4/5

Titlist 5-Gap T300's Geezer Flex

Wedges Cleveland RTX Fullface Zipcore 52 degree and TM Hi Toe 4 56 degree

Putter Scotty Cameron Golo S Center Shafted

Ball Bridgestone BXS , Trying The Maxfli Tour S also

Bag Titlist 15 Cart Bag

For me personally I prefer a store where I can try out the putter first. I don’t have a problem with buying other clubs used online but with the putter I want to get a feel for it before buying. Look over the ball, alignment, and weighting seem to be a lot more noticeable for me when switching putters more than any other club in the bag. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game