Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

What brand do you game?

Kmbond

I'm currently playing PXG 0311p gen 3 irons and Cleveland wedges. Performance and feel got me to switch. I figured I would try a fitting against the Callaway irons I was using at the time. I hit these a little longer, but with much better dispersion. As far as wedges, It seems I always keep going back to Cleveland. Maybe it's a mental thing, but I've experimented with almost everything, and Cleveland always seems to suit me. Try as I might, I'll never understand the fascination with Vokey. I have a bunch of them collecting dust in the garage, but I just can't seem to hit them that well.

Driver: PXG 0311 Gen6 TT Riptide CB 60 s

3 Wood: Ping G430 max Alta CB 65 s

Hybrids: Ping G430 19, 22, 26 Alta CB 70 s

Irons: Mizuno JPX923 forged 6-Gap TT DG 105 s

Wedges: Mizuno S23 54, 58 KBS HI-REV 2.0 115

Putter: Scotty Cameron SS Golo 6.5

Ball: Vice Pro Plus

Bag: Sun Mountain C-130S

Electronics: Bushnell Tour V6 shift, Golf Buddy aim 11  

PXG - I play the Gen 3 XP irons and absolutely love them!  I have tried Pings, Hogans, Titleist, Callaway and nothing compares for me to PXG for forgiveness, distance and accuracy. 

My woods are PXG also, all in XP. Everything was fitted at a fitting and it was worth every penny. I liked the look for years and it has paid off on the course for me.  

I have no plans of changing out any of these clubs in the near future!

Ken "Cruise" Mancini

I remember when I first started playing cobra s2's had just come out and for whatever reason I loved the way they looked. I was still new enough to golf at that point to believe that new clubs would fix my game, so I purchased them and quicky realized it was me and not the equipment but have been playing cobras Driver/irons (s2's, F7's and now Radspeed) ever since. I have never been fitted but if I decide to upgrade, I may attempt it just to see if there is a noticeable difference. 

Stealth Plus, M5 fairway, 2UDI, P790 irons 4-AW, RTX Fullface wedges, Bird of prey putter. 

Only way I'd switch would be to find a set of clubs that I could hit better. Played TA 845s irons for 23 years before the Mizuno MMC and the 790s came out. They were the only ones that played better than my 845s. 

P790 Irons, Stealth Driver, M5 Fairway woods, Cleveland wedges, Odyssey putter

Ping eye 2's all day baby!

My bag consists of

Odyssey Backstryke D.A.R.T. Putter

Calloway Diablo Habanero Driver 9.5

PING eye 2 Irons (4-PW)

Nicklaus ATW 3 HYBRID

King Cobra 3 wood

King Cobra 5 wood

Sand wedge

Lob wedge

I’m an iconoclast when it comes to iron and wedge brands: last year had Takomo 101 steel reg in the bag with Edel 50 and Wilson Staff forged 56 and 60 wedges, all with steel stiff. This year switched back to old Dunlap JDM New Breed blades with excellent Tour graphite stiff shafts. Put in Mizuno Pro 225 52 and Cleveland CBX also in stiff graphite.

WITB: PXG Gen 6 Driver (stiff Haz RDX Stiff -1/2”), Callaway UW17 (Haz RDX Stiff), Callaway UW19 (Haz RDX Stiff -1”), Takomo 101 4-PW (KBS 105 Reg 2 flat), Miz Pro225 G (ProjX IO 6.0), Wilson Staff HT (DynGold 120 Stiff, Honma Forged 60 (SteelFiber1 10CW XStiff), Tony Penna heel shafted square flange as

Taylor Made wedges and Srixon irons I use now. I usedTM irons for many years but a have a few connections and got my new irons at a fantastic deal. Even with recoil graphite shafts I paid only half for their top of the line set. I felt like I was cheating as TM is the most innovative, trend setting, tech savvy club maker in my opinion.

All Taylor Made clubs except I got Srixon 585 irons. Buy new TM driver every year. 

Over the years, I have played almost every brand at one time or another.  When getting fitted I chose the ones that I liked the looks of and hit the best.  I am not a gear-effect type iron player,  I hate offsets because it makes me hook,  I hit every forged with no offset iron out there a year ago and chose the TM770.  Wedges are something that you get used to.  I have been using the Callaway rusty SW for 15 years.  I also been using the Cleveland Lob for the same length of time.  To me, roger Cleveland wedges were the best.  He also designed the Callaway wedges as welll.

A former plus handicapper who must settle for mid 70s to mid 80 scores today.  After taking 10 years off due to back issues, my driver length has decreased by 40 yards on average.  I look forward to any training aids, shaft improvements, club enhancements to get back part of what was lost.

Srixon z585 5-A
Cleveland CBX2 52, CBX 56

Got a great deal on the irons used when I was getting back into golf regularly. They grew with me as I relearned the game over the past 4 years. Forgiveness is the name of the game as far as the reason to play the wedges.

I got fitted into the 21 Taylormade P790, but price has always been a big hindrance in allowing myself to bite. Buuuut now that the 23 came out a little price drop on the 21 may just change my mind 😬

• PING G430 LST 10.5 driver
  • Tour Edge Exotics EXS 220 3w
  • PING G400 5w
  • Cobra Speedzone 3h
  • Srixon z585 irons 5-AW
  • Cleveland CBX2 52
  • Cleveland CBX 56
  • PING Heppler Anser 2 putter

I’m playing PXG 0211 4-GW and a 52 degree Cleveland Zipcore. Went for a fitting at PXG and loved the 0211 just as much as the gen3 so went with the 0211s. Previously had taylormade burner 2.0.

John Rich

Driver- Callaway Maverick SZ

3 wood- Callaway Maverick

5 wood- Callaway 

Irons- PXG 0211 5-AW

Wedges - Cleveland Zipcore 52

Putter- Odyssey O works

Ping irons and Vokey wedges. I was fitted for the irons at the Ping factory in Phoenix and I am comfortable with them.  So far as wedges go I am not convinced that any one of the better wedges makes that much difference but what is important is finding the right loft, bounce and profile.  I am using 54 and 58 degree wedges and I had them put the lines on the hosel which help you repeat the position of the face when it is open, slightly open and square.  It doesn't sound like much but it is important to be able to find consistency in shots around the green and bunkers and the lines help me do so.  

Ping G430 Driver and 7 wood

Callaway Paradym 16.5 degree 3 wood

Ping G430 4 & 5 hybrids

Ping G425 irons

Vokey SM 9 54 and 58 wedges

Ping Ketsch putter

Driver: Ping G425 Max

4 Iron: Pinhawk SL w/Integra Idrive lite shaft w/Karma Arthritic Jumbo Plus Grip

5-LW 1 Iron Golf Pro-Line irons

3-5-7 1 Iron Golf fairway woods.

I want to a 3 iron from 1 Iron Golf, but I would try any of the single length clubs.  

How I decided was I bought the Pinhawk 4 iron and just compared it to my Cleveland Launcher 4i and I just hit the Pinhawk a lot more consistently than the Cleveland.  I definitely lose distance relative to a standard club but I get it down the fairway more often with the one length.

I would love to try any other one length clubs, especially Cobra.  I hast have never had the chance besides a Cobra one length 4 hybrid which I hate.

Edited by panhndl

Driver: Ping G425 Max 10.5 Fujikara Speeder NX 50r

#3, #5, #7 fairway woods 1 Iron Golf

5-LW irons 1 Iron Golf

Scotty Cameron Del Mar

Lefties Rule!

Titliest T200 irons & Vokey wedges. Went to a local pro and got fitted, tried every major brand and liked the look and feel of the Titliest best. My results on dispersion were definitely a lot better as well as ball flight. Love my clubs but would consider trying another brand of wedges especially.

4i: 2019 P790 w/ Tour 95g AD hybrid shaft 

5i-Pw: New Level 902 PD, TT DG 120g S300 shafts

50, 54, 58 - Vokey SM9, TT Tour Issue S400 

I've played around a bit over the past 18 months (when I got my 902 PDs) to find the bag setup that works best. I hit new levels before and even the blades felt as forgiving as the major OEMs' forged cavity back offerings. So when I was ready to pull the trigger on new irons I decided to give them a try. I think they're my favorite irons I've ever gamed.

At the top of the bag, I use to play an 18 degree driving iron but I've recently moved back to using a 5w, so I rebuilt my P790 4i with a graphite shaft to make it a cross between a pure iron and a driving iron. It gives me the same functionality as my old driving iron off the tee while still working great off the fairway and in the rough.

As for wedges - I've always played Vokey, I like the feel, the bounce/grind options available, and the customization through Vokey wedgeworks. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 

Driver: Stealth 2+ 

3w: Stealth 2+ 

5w: Titleist 917 F2

Irons: 4i P790, 5-pw New Level 902-PD

Wedges: SM9 50, 54, 58

Putter: 2020 Scotty Cameron Phantom 5.5

On 8/9/2023 at 7:37 AM, Kmbond said:

What brand irons and wedges are in your game? How did you pick that brand? And what would it take for you to switch? 

I am still swinging MP 53’s from Mizuno, tried numerous brands and models and keep coming back to them, Cleveland wedges in the bag

I’ve got Srixon zx5 irons and Vokey SM8 wedges.  I went through a full bag fitting at true spec to select these.  I loved the fitting experience but the the post fitting customer service left some to be desired.  

in order to switch I’d need to see consistency better ball contact that resulted in more distance and tighter dispersion.

Taylormade Sim 9.0

Taylormade sim2 13.5

Srixon z irons

SM8 Vijay wedges (54,58)

Odyssey Double Wide putter

Taylormade TP5

Taylor Made Woods
Steady performance with the introduction of continued product innovation.

Titleist T100 irons
It was a tough transition out of the AP2 family but there no other options.

Vokey Wedges

Miura Lob Wedge-wanted to try the Miura product to understand their technology. Impressed so far

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Wedges are some Taylormade something or other that I had a huge discount on at Dick's. As for irons, I worked in a golf shop/simulator place/driving range through college. Titleist rep came in and offered me a set at a personal use discount. Happened twice. A year after my first set, I got a second one. Been playing them ever since.

When my wife asked if I wanted to leave Maine and move to where she grew up, I couldn't say no to Pinehurst, NC. I honestly don't spend much money on golf equipment, but I'm constantly reading reviews in case I ever get ready to buy

I swing left handed and have been the State of Maine Left Hander's champion since 1997, the last year they held the tournament. I'm currently a 7.1 handicap. Trying to get lower, but my gut gets in the way.

WITB

Driver: image.png.2a9745c9eca1e1dcd4c3ecfd5b2823e3.png Epic speed 9 degree

Irons: :titelist-small: 990's S300 Stiff shafts bought when I was in college. (Received a personal use discount, otherwise would've stuck with my Hogan Edge's)

3 Wood: :callaway-small:  Epic speed 15 degree or image.png.188f225bd9daa89b3976cdaa079d23d0.png PT15

52/56/60 :taylormade-small: Z Spin wedges (heck of a deal $100 for all 3 at Dick's in 2013)

Putter: :odyssey-small: OG Rossie

image.png

I currently have Titleist T200's and Cleveland RTX wedges (52*/56*)  I choose a club mainly on feel and performance with looks following up as a 3rd criteria. I tend not to switch clubs at a drop of a hat as I feel the best way to drop the scores is with me - hitting the clubs more consistent what ever the club may be (limiting OB tee shots, closer approach shots, making make-able putts). As I'm getting older, my specs are changing too so I will most likely change out the driver/fww/hybrid as my swing has slowed a bit and I don't think I'm getting the max out of the stiffer shafted woods.  I was fitted for the irons and will also get fitted to the woods when I make the change.

What's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

I currently game Mizuno JPX 800 Pro irons and Ping forged wedges. Everything probably 8-10 years old. I was fitted by the local pro then. At this point, mainly because of all the research MyGolfSpy does, I'd change based on whatever the data was telling me I hit the best. 

GJ

TaylorMade Stealth Driver

Ping G400 3 Wood

Ping i20 2H

Mizuno JPX 800 Pro Irons

Ping Forged Wedges 54/58

Nike Method Matters Blade

Irons are Ping i525's and wedges are Titleist Vokey SM9's.

Played MP33's forever until my game couldn't keep up with the blades any longer. 🤣

image.png.3ae44848eaa91e16529cc2da1115da30.png                        Driver:  Ping G425LST Tour 65 Stiff Shaft
image.png.095cd3d760c79d0eb767623ffdf42310.png                           Fairway Wood:  Callaway Steelhead Plus 3 (yep, OG 1999 all original)
image.png.573c1776da590d9bf6c6c64be1737d23.png                        Irons:  Ping i525 irons - Ping AWT 2.0 Xstiff
image.png.5ba727eab99bc410c525de418412911b.png        Wedges:  Titleist Vokey 52/56/60 SM9 (12deg/D grind)
image.png.5d5b33118fcaf8994d51632d9c6b8c8b.png                       Putter:  Ping Tyne 4 putter
image.png.bd6d95a9eb5ec85777f017c339995ccb.png                         Bag:  Titleist Hybrid 5
image.png.e9ac768bf1e829ed0c20f60071eef305.png                         Ball: Titleist Pro V1x Left Dash

image.png

I played Callaway Apex irons for years, but switched in March to the Srixon ZX7 MKII irons. I went to get fit expecting to like the Mizuno irons the best, but that just wasn’t the case. The Srixon irons had incredible workability and forgiveness. My miss has always been thin shots, and with these ZX7s these misses went straighter than ever. The only regret I have was not asking about a combo set for my 6-4 irons. Having the ZX5s for those I think would help me a little out of the fairway. The nice thing is, the course I play doesn’t require those shots as much so these have been perfect. I’ve gamed Vokey wedges since I was in high school. I don’t think it would take much to get me to switch, I just haven’t ventured out to try anything due to the consistency of my short game. 

Dylan Gilbert

Go Pokes

Currently playing the original P790's (4-PW) and Titleist Vokey SM9 50* and 56*, along with an SM7 60* wedge.  Was fitted for all my clubs (with the exception of the SM-9's, that I just upgraded) and have traditionally played Titleist.  I play clubs that are 2* flat and the last time I was fitted, the Titleist AP2 was the club I was hoping would work for me, but it wasn't forged so bending it is a little iffy (especially over time). The difference in the AP2's and P790's were minor in terms of distance and dispersion. so, he recommended I go to the P790's.  We rechecked everything when the clubs came in and by having lie correct, my accuracy/dispersion improved, so I think it was a good decision. I'm probably going to get new clubs later this year, so very interested to see if/how the new Titleist t-series irons work for me.  Definlty going to give them a look.

WITB

Driver:    :titelist-small: Titleist TSi3 w/ HZRDUS RDX Black6.0, A1 setting

Fairway:  :titelist-small:  Titleist TSi3 15* with HZRDUS RDX Black 6.0, 1/2 short, A4 setting

Fairway:  :callaway-small: Callaway Apex UW, 19* with HZRDUS RDX Black

Irons:.   :taylormade-small: Taylor Made P790 4-9 with KBS Tour Flt 120 Stiff shaft

Wedges:.   :vokey-small:Titleist Vokey SM9, 50, 56 with KBS Tour stiff shaft

Wedges:.   :vokey-small:Titleist Vokey SM7, 60* with Tour Flt stiff shaft

Putter:   :odyssey-small: Odyssey Ten mallet

Ball:.  :titelist-small:  Titleist Left Dash Pro V1x

Grips:. Golf Pride MCC+4, 3 wraps

Presently play Mizuno's Hot Pro Irons 921's w/ Graphite Sr. Shafts 6 -GW, Vokey SW & LW. Reg. Steel Shaft  [old style]. Also bought KS Wedges R because they were ON Sale {CDN.$$} this Spring in 52o,56o,60o Steel Shaft. Hit them ok but have to fatten up grips!!

Woods a Mixed Bag. 12o Driver PING 425 Graphite Shaft [It was Partner's Christmas 03 Present from Me to Me as for some reason Hit on The Fairway!! 4 Wood  & 5 Wood are T's & Hybird4 > an old Cleveland Mashie 18o. Putter > is a Mallet &  "Whatever's working that Day & Time!!" 

At least; I have Fun in My Own Mind; "Any Given Day"!!

I am gaming Titleist AP1 712’s for irons. I really like them but wouldn’t say I love them. I am strongly considering Takomos or Mizunos.

As for wedges, currently I have Cleveland CG14’s and vokey SM7 and they’re my favorite clubs I have. I think it would take a lot for me to switch out of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damien--Titleist & TaylorMade enthusiast. Bag is feeling betrayed with no TaylorMade items in it currently. Former College golfer.

image.png.d46e5ea58c55d6c5b02a89db1e501fe0.pngCallaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 10.5 

image.png  Titleist 816 H1 Hybrid 19*

image.png.1bd1e1ee5179defcf5675fc4508a582b.png  Byrdie Golf Designs OG Collection Irons 4-PW 

image.png CG14 60 degree

image.png.968287d9caeb64893046ab6bd3357bf0.pngT22 Copper C Grind 56.06 Degree

Pinemeadow EGI Chipper

image.png Cleveland Cleveland Golf HB Soft Premier #10.5C OS 35"

image.png.13bdddbdaccc707e6f342d9f8e7bfe4e.png OnCore Vero X2 & X1 balls

Red Rooster Testing Review:

Titleist White Box Testing Review:

I usually stick to one manufacturer. That way my testing and choices are limited and I'm not going down a rabbit hole every year or month looking for the next new things. Most bigger manufacturers have many choices in their lineup and you can always find one that suits you the best. Over years, I have come to the realization that the my swing is 98% responsible for my scoring and the longer I keep my equipment, the better I play.

TaylorMade aficionado

SIM2 MAX 10.5- VENTUS TR VELO 6S

SIM2 15*- VENTUS RED 7S

SIM2 19*- VENTUS BLUE HY S

P770 4-PW - MODUS 105S

TM MG2 50,54,60 - NIPPON WEDGE 125 BLACK

TM SPIDER GT SPLIT BACK SINGLE BEND