Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Want To Test Mizuno ST Driver, Fairway and Hybrid? Sign up closed.

GolfSpy_APH

Instagram:@mikebres

LocationHoover,AL

Handicap:10.6

Joined Mar 2023

Posted 4 minutes ago

I would love the opportunity to try your driver. I have recently (6 months) purchased a PXG Gen 5 driver and have been mostly satisfied with it but the results haven’t left me feeling it’s the absolute best one for me. So if you’re looking for an honest comparison to what many are calling the best new golf clubs available I’m more than willing to offer my service as a tester for you. 
I’m 72, carry a handicap currently at 10.3 and play normally twice a week. My goal for the next year is to shoot my age. My best round last year was a 75 so I think this is a realistic and difficult goal. Perhaps your Mizuno ST line would be the one that helps me on the road to successfully achieving this goal.

As you can see I’m currently using regular shafts in all my clubs but have considered changing to a stiff shafted driver and am willing to try yours as it is and change to a regular shaft not completely satisfied at my expense. Thank you for considering me for this test. I’m looking forward to your response.

Regards, 

Mike

IMG_0333.jpeg

IMG_0334.jpeg

IMG_0335.jpeg

IMG_0336.jpeg

IMG_0337.jpeg

mike bres

When I was fitted for my Srixon Driver and woods.  I had the opportunity to hit a few with the Mizuno Driver.  

They work great for me.  Srixon Driver is very forgiving.  

It would be a great opportunity for me to test and evaluate the Mizuno set-up.  

My Current set-up:

Driver: Srixon ZX5 9.5

3W: Srixon ZX

5W Srixon Zx

7W Srixon Zx

Shaft: Stiff

Project x Hzrdus Smoke green im10

Driver 50G

Woods 60G

I would change the Shafts on the Mizuno for the testing.  

Thank you for the opportunity.

Jim Garcia

IMG_20231208_093219.jpg

IMG_20231208_093259.jpg

Just trying to get better at a sport that has no limit.  

Another great opportunity.  Good luck to all those who signs up.

Driver: :taylormade-small: QI10 Max
Fairway: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3HL
Fairway: :ping-small: G425 Max 9 Wood
Hybrid: :PXG: 0317 5 & 6 Hybrids

Irons: :srixon-small: ZX4 7-AW
Wedges: :cleveland-small: CBX Zipcore 50° 54° & 58°
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:
 Array F-3 
Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour Yellow

It would be my great pleasure to test the Mizuno ST driver. I now play the Pro 225s and prior that played the 219 and 221 forged irons. So testing the ST driver would be an honor.  Nothing feels like a Mizuno!

Roger Beusch

Thanks for the opportunity! I currently use a Sim 2 Driver with 70gram Hazardous Black. Sim 2 max fairway woods with Kuro Kage Stiff. As I creep through my 40’s, I’ve noticed that the swing slows and becomes more deliberate. Therefore, the Sim 2 driver shaft combo and the 3 wood have become more challenging to hit. My instructor uses Mizuno and swears by them. I am interested in trying them because they have the reputation of a players club. However, maybe it’s not about swing speed but ball striking. Now that I have a greater focus on this it maybe a better fit. I also feel one fairway wood and a hybrid may be a better fit for most over 40's golfers.  I have an unlimited outdoor range pass, garmin r10, and indoor simulator set up to test. Thanks!

IMG_2481.jpg

IMG_2482.jpg

IMG_2483.jpg

IMG_2484.jpg

IMG_2485.jpg

Yes I would like to try out some new fairways or a driver, it is the only 2 things I've never tried out of Mizuno. I have wedges and irons from different years from Mizuno I got this year on a very small budget I could only afford due to work not being busy enough.

Have fun with it, even if you suck at it.

Put me in coach!
I've got Callaway Edge Driver, 3W and 5 hybrid, graphite shaft regular flex and an old Nicklaus Signature 4 Ironwood also graphite shaft.
The clubs are serviceable and all priced for the the aggressively frugal (cheap) costco buyer.

I'm hitting them more and more consistently almost getting the same distance from my 3w from the fairway and I do with the driver from the tee.
I'm starting to get a lot more practice in and would love to compare how non costco clubs play.  Who knows, it might even get me to buy from a real golf store!

20231208_124126.jpg

Driver/3H :callaway-small: Mavrik 22
5H/SW: :callaway-small:Edge 
5-PW: :macgregor-small: MT-86 OS
56/60: Kirkland Signature 
Putter: :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro

look-at-me-neil-patrick-harris.gif

Get your attention?

Doubt anyone is going to read this as very few have chosen to read the first post in its entirety.

Only applicants who follow all instructions will be considered. They are simple, but following those shows us that the member can at least read the instructions properly and follow the guidelines we put in place which is critical for us knowing that a good review will be provided.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

Currently playing an Epic Max and trying out an Aerojet 19-degree hybrid. I have been looking to make a driver change in the spring and haven't been able to fine a 3-wood or hybrid that suits my game. I have tried a few different wood combinations and nothing as felt right. I already play JPX 921 MHs and S wedges so I might as well have a full bag of Mizuno. 

94DDD405-602C-4E01-A127-C774E9AE1FF1.jpeg

B3DC28FE-5209-435D-B4C6-A443D769E808.jpeg

WITB

Callaway Epic Max Driver

Aerojet 3 hybrid

JPX 921 HM 5-PW

S23 wedges 54 and 58.

Odyssey O-Works 7 or Cleveland Huntington Beach milled putter.

6 hours ago, BigMacQue said:

Now .... if we could get that attitude into the slow, slow, slow foursome in front of us ....

I am all in on this. I'll give it a shot!

Driver: Callaway Epic 9 degree, stiff (set at 10 degrees with the movable weight in the center}

FW: Callaway Epic 3,5, heaven wood w/ regular shaft (driver shaft in 3 wood, 3 wood shaft in 5 wood, 5 wood shaft in heaven wood, all three set at neutral plus 1 degree)

Hybrids: Callaway BB19 4,6,7 (4 set at neutral plus 1 degree and 6 and 7 set at neutral minus 1 degree for gapping purposes)

Irons: Callaway Rogue ST Max 8, 9, PW 

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM6 50,54,58

Ball: Titleist Pro V1, 1X, Vice Pro Plus or anything I find that day and try out for the fun of it (I haven't bought balls with my own money in at least 10 years)

Sorry these didn’t work out for you! Thanks for giving us a chance to try them. 

Driver - Cobra LTDx LS. Adjusted to 9.5 degrees with a slight draw bias to prevent the right miss I loath. UST LINQ Gunmetal shaft. Got a great deal on it and did some self fitting not 100% right for me but when I’m swing it good it’s so much fun.

3W - Callaway Sub Zero Rouge. 13.5 degrees with regular flex Even Flow shaft. Can’t hit it to save my life and was a handy me down from my father in law who couldn’t hit it either. Only use it in desperate situations where I have nothing to loose. On very rare occasions when I make good contact I can hit 260-270.

3H - Callaway Apex Pro. 20 degrees, Kuro Kage stiff flex shaft. Found at a play it again for 25 bucks and figured it was worth a shot to fill a hole in my bag. Through sheer luck it’s a decent fit and replaced my 3W for the most part. Also filled the 240-250 yard gap nicely but is not forgiving at all so when I miss it’s a big miss.

5H - Titleist TSi1. Set to 24 degrees, 6.0 HZRDS Smoke shaft. I only have up to a 6 iron in my bag (good deal on a fitted Sub70 set that only went up to a 6i) that goes about 200-210. Need a 220-230 club so was looking at a PGA Super store and couldn’t miss on the simulator. Fit the gap in my bag and is perfect for long par 3s or finding the fairway on tight holes when I need to lay up. Favorite club in my bag.

I’ve heard great things about Mizuno woods and hybrids and would love to test the driver as well! My 3 wood has never been a good fit for me and I would love to find one that works. Driver and hybrids have all been guesses but this would give me the chance to get a proper fitting and try something that could suit me better. My long sticks mostly lack forgiveness which I desperately need. Thanks for reading my rambling reply!  IMG_1850.jpeg.f508bfa624f4fcaebba31799f032a768.jpegIMG_1849.jpeg.891513df6b7056866ff12bb6b7b6efda.jpegIMG_1847.jpeg.64082804184fd519d42d6c38b00f5697.jpeg

Edited by aguybadatgolf

Tester for PingS159 Wedges

Driver - :cobra-small: LTDx LS 9° with UST Mamiya LIN-Q Gunmetal - X

3W - :callaway-logo-1: Paradym 15° with Kai'li™ White - X

3H - :PXG: Gen5 0311 19° with Ventus Blue Velocore - X

Driving Iron - image.png.e20decc564f669047d8ef7d2dbd4734d.png 699 Pro with UST PROFORCE V2 Hybrid White/Yellow - X

Irons - :Sub70: 6-PW 699 Pro in black with Dynamic Gold X100 (+1", 3° Upright) - X 

Wedges - :callaway-logo-1: 50° Jaws MD5, :callaway-logo-1: 54° Jaws MD5, :titleist-small: 58° Vokey SM8 

Putter - :bettinardi-1: Studio Stock #2 Bronze , :cobra-small:KING 3D Printed Agera Armlock Putter (Trying something new), 🦓 Zebra Golf AIT 3 (On time out)

Ball - :srixon-small: Z-Star XV or :vice: Pro (depends on what I can get a deal on) 

I struggle with the top of my bag. 

Driver-Ping g410LST 

4 wood-Tour Edge Exotics E8 Beta

23* Hybrid- Adams Idea Super LSP

(I'll add/update more photos when I get home, just didn't want to forget this)

I have my current setup due to availability and price. I shop on ebay and grab what I can when it's available and affordable.

I actually was following this test due to my interest in this Mizuno lineup. I like that the clubs have a flatter lie than most other companies and believe in Mizuno's dedication to golf equipment. I think these would fit me well and are a much needed upgrade to my current setup. Cheers

IMG_3557.jpg

IMG_3574 (1).jpg

IMG_3555.jpg

Ping G410 LST 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F3 60X

Callaway X2 Hot 2 Deep 12.5* 

Adams XTD LSP 23* hybrid Aldila rogue black 85X

Nike VR Pro II Blades 5-PW w/ Modus 120X

Nike Wedges

PXG Putter

Another honest response from @Beakbryce......

Lets hope another one is found.

I use the Miz irons and are happy with them and my setup of current long game clubs.

Good luck to all those who enter and find these clubs more to their liking.

1. Photo and description of your current long game setup (Driver to longest non iron club)

I bought the Callaway driver this year, the bag and rest of clubs were donated to me from friends and family members so that I could participate in a couple of charity tournaments.

Driver: Callaway triple diamond

Hybrid 3 wood: Nickent

Irons: Cleveland Tour

52/60 Wedge: Linx

Putter: Wilson

2. Reason why you have your current setup (why it works or doesn't)

Since I am new this year the only change I would make would be a nicer putter and a 3 wood.

3. Why you want to test these Mizuno clubs!

I do not know too many that own Mizuno and would be very excited to test and use and spread the joy.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Hunter97089
Grammer

I’d love to give these Mizuno clubs! I’ve only ever heard great things about Mizuno so I would be thrilled to get selected for this retesting opportunity. 

ok on to the current set up. For starters I’ve never been fitted for clubs (plan to soon at Arkansas Golf Center which is rated as one of the best in my region of the country, or so they claim) so as far as I know my set up is all standard. 
For driver I have a cobra rad xb that I bought from a golf shop demo rack with hzrdus smoke rdx shaft stiff flex.

My 3 wood is the cobra fly z + with a vlct-st shaft stiff flex.

My 5 wood is the cobra fly z xl with a fly z xl shaft regular flex.

That’s correct I have cobra only woods and honestly I love them! A little backstory, I was given a cobra F8+ driver to try out and see if it worked better than the 2019 Top Flite XL driver (the 1st clubs I had ever bought). I found out really quickly I was really missing out on quality equipment! Admittedly I haven’t tried another brand for more than a few swings and decided I needed a 3 and 5 wood. 

As I mentioned before I plan to in the very near future get fit for the correct specs to optimize the performance of my clubs and if chosen for this review will apply that knowledge to this test. Good luck to everyone that applied for this test!

IMG_2942.jpeg

IMG_2944.jpeg

IMG_2953.jpeg

IMG_2947.jpeg

IMG_2948.jpeg

IMG_2949.jpeg

IMG_2952.jpeg

I have a cobra rad speed driver, cobra fly z 3 and 5 wood, taylormade m1 irons (5-PW), Top Flite Gamer wedges (52,56,60), and odyssey white ice putter. When I’m playing to keep score I typically play the Maxfli Tour X. When just getting a round in with friends or scrambling I play whatever I might find on the course or might find at the bottom of my bag.

I've been trying to get the top of my bag straightened out (no pun intended) for a while now. happy with my irons and wedges but tinkering with the long clubs so this would be a great opportunity.

1. Photo and description of your current long game setup (Driver to longest non iron club)

Driver: Titlest TS2 with Tensei AV White Shaft (Stiff) 

PXL_20231210_032909314.jpg.1438c5638f03604376f869db5c07752e.jpg

3 Wood: Callaway Rogue ST Tensei Blue Shaft (Stiff)

PXL_20231210_032928800.jpg.3ac9b44cc4ec219f519bcde43f750615.jpg

5 Wood - Honma TW737 with Vizard Shaft (Stiff)

5wood.jpg.cee77275312ce7a2986b9a034b4b4d28.jpg

4 Hybrid (21 Degree): Honma TW 757 with Aldila nv 2kxv Green Shaft (Stiff)

PXL_20231210_032837481.jpg.cd776acf00985eb5162866b1ccaeafec.jpg

2. Reason why you have your current setup (why it works or doesn't)

Sort of by happenstance. Always played cheap clubs (whatever I could get a deal on).  Buddy who is constantly tinkering and trying new things started giving me clubs that didn't work out for him, starting with the TS2 Driver.  I got fit into the Tensei shaft on that (originally had a reg flex on it) and got a massive improvement from that change, but still struggle with consistency and forgiveness on off-centered hits.  It's an older model and I"ve been losing some distance with it lately (possibly because I'm swinging at a lower speed to help with control).  

3 wood was another gift from my friend who got a deal on it.  It's a rocket launcher and I can get almost as much distance out of it as my driver when hit well, but it draws like crazy and is very inconsistent.  

5 wood I picked up because I needed something in between driver/3 wood and hyrbid/irons and was replacing an ancient Orlimar 5 wood.  When struck well it goes. I really like the club, but don't get a ton of reps and I have been known to pop it up off the tee.

Hyrbid - another of my friend's failed experiments, turns out he can't stand hybrids.  I put in a stiff shaft and lately it has become one of my most consistent clubs.  Safe and pretty long off the tee, and excellent results off turf.  So I'm very curious to compare it to a competitor in the same loft and see if I might start swapping out my woods for lower lofted hybrids (like an 18 degree) or if the Honma is a bit of a unicorn for me.

3. Why you want to test these Mizuno clubs!

Like I said I"'m trying to get the top of my bag dialed in.  Right now I tend to rotate between 2 out of the 3 of 3W/5W/Hybrid (with a driving iron in the mix too) depending a bit on what course i"m playing but also based on what I'm in the mood to his since I'm not getting super predictable results with any of them.  Want to see if newer driver tech improves that slot in my bag or if that inconsistency/drop in form lately is related to something else. And frankly Mizuno's reputation for excellent products would make me want to test anything they make.

I'm in Florida so still getting out on the course weekly, plus I've got a TopTracer range around the corner from my house so I think it would be fun to get some numbers (albeit with Range balls) side-by-side with my current clubs.

Dave

Edited by racingdaly

Ping G400 (10.5*)

Honma TW757 3h (18*)

Honma TW757 4h (21*)

TItleist T200 (2021) 5-AW

Taylormade Hi-Toe Raw (50*)

Vokey SM8 (56*, 60*)

Odyssey DFX Doublewide

Taylormade TP5 Pix

Locking this up as we will be reaching out to our selected tester soon. Stay tuned for future announcement in the Mizuno Long Game Testing Thread. 

Thank you to all who managed to follow all the rules and make our decision making process a lot simpler!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

• GolfSpy_APH changed the title to Want To Test Mizuno ST Driver, Fairway and Hybrid? Sign up closed.
  • GolfSpy_APH locked this topic