Testers Wanted! T Squared Putters ×

PGA Tour 2024 - Arnold Palmer Invitational

Splatt

G'day golfers,

I currently write this to you poolside on holiday, but the PGA Tour threads stop for no-one.

Arnold_Palmer_Invitational_logo.png.ea6cbfd5d2eb0ad08bf1b13df357e8c7.png

The Florida swing continues as we head to a stunning venue for a tournament that pays homage to one of the most well known and beloved players of all time, Arnold Palmer.

Arnold1.jpeg.12923b5c85c43aaeaa4bbf2748dd5878.jpeg

The Arnold Palmer Invitational is the 2nd of 3 player hosted tournaments along side Tiger Woods’ The Genesis and Jack Nicklaus' The Memorial. But, before we get too deep into things, a terrible golf joke.

Whats the difference between a whiff and a practice swing?

Nobody swears after a practice swing!!

Arnold2.jpeg.4d436da04aac505fe7477b24474ea304.jpeg

The Arnold Palmer Invitational is held at Palmer’s own Bay Hill Club and Lodge. It’s a par 72, 7,466-yard course with a hell of a lot of water. The course itself is mostly flat with the water hazards supplying most of the nervy shots. Superior ball-striking is required if a player is serious about finishing near the top of the leaderboard. Bay Hill is the site of the infamous par 5 around the lake at the centre of the property. Most take a line to the right and find fairway, but not Bryson DeChambeau (shame he won’t be teeing it up)

Last year, Kurt Kitayama triumphed after a late scare at the par-4 9th hole where he made a triple bogey and gave everyone a chance for the steal. Luckily for Kitayama, he steadied the ship and finished strong with a birdie on the 2nd last hole. Kitayama put on a golf clinic here last year finishing number 1 in driving accuracy, number 1 in greens in regulation, and 3rd in stroked gained in putting. It was his first PGA Tour title.

images(1)(1).jpeg.b3608ea8f6027d0d2c4d859fbd66aaaf.jpeg

Field highlights

·        Kurt Kitayama – the defending champ and current world number 47. Kitayama hasnt played since The Genesis back in mid-Feb where he finished T-39. The break should do him some good and he can continue his consistent start to the season. Kitayama hasn’t missed a cut yet this season and he’s had 1 top 10 finish in 5 starts. He currently still only has 1 win on his resume, defending his crown here would be a nice way to add another notch to the bedpost.

·        Patrick Cantlay – winless on the PGA Tour last year, Cantlay had his best chance at a win in a long time at last months The Genesis. He was the 54 hole leader by 2 shots, but a lackluster final round saw him not only let the win slip away but slide all the way to a T-4 finish. He’s had a pretty consistent 2024 so far with 5 events played and 5 cuts made.

·        Nick Dunlap – Nick became the first amateur in 33 years to win on the PGA Tour back at The American Express in January. He’s since turned pro and this event will mark his 4th start as a pro. Since turning pro he finished solo-80th at the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am, missed the cut at The Genesis, and finished T-53 at last weeks Cognizant Classic. Some added pressure turning pro maybe? What do you guys think?

·        Max Homa – steady as she goes is an apt description of Homa’s 2024 season so far. He’s only missed 1 cut and he’s racked up an impressive collection of finishes with a T-14 at The Sentry, T-13 at The Farmers Insurance, and a T-16 at The Genesis. Homa won twice on the PGA Tour last season, so I’m sure if he continues his form he’ll add another win to the resume very soon.

·        Scottie Scheffler – Mr number 1 and Mr consistent. Again he leads the Tour in strokes gained Approach to Green, he leads the Tour Stroked Gained tee to green, and again he is close to last in putting. If he even figures the putter out everyone else can kiss winning goodbye and fight over 2nd place. So far this season hes played in 5 events, hasnt missed a cut, and he’s racked up a an impressive 3 top 10 finishes. His worst finish this year was T-17 at The American Express.

Arnold4.jpeg.5e1099ff4e9ce50ac304be2d0f302a1d.jpeg

The Arnold Palmer (the tournament, not the drink 😃) always leads to some exciting action and a razor sharp leaderboard.

For those in the pick ‘em comp, remember to get your picks in.

SPLATT

Driver: :cobra-small: Speedzone 9.5 degree (love this club)
Fairway Wood - :callaway-small: Warbird (to be replaced ASAP)
Hybrid - :taylormade-small: SIM2 MAX 19 degree, (not a fan, but getting there)
Irons - :callaway-small: Warbird 4 iron to PW (to be replaced ASAP)
Wedges - :taylormade-small: MG2 50 degree, :mizuno-small: T22 54 degree, :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 58 degree
Putter -  LAB Golf - MEZZ.1 MAX - 2023 MGS TEST
Ball - :bridgestone-small: E6 (stands for 3-putt apparently)

My money is on Min Woo Lee this week.

He finished T-2 last week to earn his invitation to this week.

Wedges - :taylormade-small: MG2 50 degree, :mizuno-small: T22 54 degree, :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 58 degree

I think I went with sleepers this week for the most part. Could be a fun event and should make for a good view!

Who else does everyone else have?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I went with some big hitters this week 🤞🤞🤞

I am just hoping my picks make the cut!  Ha  

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

I'll take Hovland as my guy this week

Edited by Phurst6

Michael K

ARGolf Pendragon Broomstick 44inch 80 degree lie. .....The Money Maker

Titleist T200 5-PW Aerotech I-95 R Shafts

Titleist U-505 4 Iron HZRDUS 80G 5.5

Vokey Wedges 60 14K  54 10S 48 10F NSPro 950Gh Shafts

Driver Titleist TSR2 11.0 Ventus TR-6R Velcore Shaft

4 wood  Titleist TSI 16.5 Degree  Tour AD DI-6 SR Flex

7 Wood Sim Max 2 Ventus FW  5-R

I believe in Scottie and his new putter. Get ready cause the Spider X is about to sell like the jailbird. 🤞🏻

• Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, MCA TENSEI AV White 65g, Stiff flex (44.5")
  • 3-Wood: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
  • 3-Utility: :Sub70: 699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 6.0 flex
  • Irons: :titleist-small: T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.5”, 1° upright)
  • Wedges:  Indi FLX S-Grind, 52°/56°/60° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
  • Putter:cobra-small: King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft (34"), :garsen: Quad Tour Taper grip
  • Bag: :cobra-small: Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
  • Push Cart: :BagBoy: Nitron, Black/Red
  • Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift

2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted)
2024 Unofficial Review: The "Putting Thing" by WhyGolf

-TJ

19 minutes ago, BallsLeon said:

I believe in Scottie and his new putter. Get ready cause the Spider X is about to sell like the jailbird. 🤞🏻

It's so obvious when PGA pros need to go to a face balanced putter.

DJ did the same thing earlier in his career, missing a LOT of putts inside 5 feet with his blade putter.  He was able to get the 2016 US Open with it, but since switching to the Spyder he's been a WAY more consistent putter.

Scheffler just needs to stick with it for more than 1 tournament.

WITB

• Driver - 9 Degree Callaway Rogue Max LS
  • 3 Wood - 14.5 Degree Taylor Made Sim 2
  • Hybrid - 19 Degree Callaway 
  • Irons - 4 - Gap Mizuno JPX 921 Forged
  • Wedges - 54 & 58 Titleist Vokey SM8
  • Putter - Scotty Cameron Newport+

I'm personally rooting for Rickie Fowler for this one but I doubt it.  Being Canadian myself Nick Taylor would be fun especially after his Waste Management win.

SCUBA and Golf!! I love to golf during my surface intervals!

5 hours ago, Splatt said:

G'day golfers,

I currently write this to you poolside on holiday, but the PGA Tour threads stop for no-one.

Arnold_Palmer_Invitational_logo.png.ea6cbfd5d2eb0ad08bf1b13df357e8c7.png

The Florida swing continues as we head to a stunning venue for a tournament that pays homage to one of the most well known and beloved players of all time, Arnold Palmer.

Arnold1.jpeg.12923b5c85c43aaeaa4bbf2748dd5878.jpeg

The Arnold Palmer Invitational is the 2nd of 3 player hosted tournaments along side Tiger Woods’ The Genesis and Jack Nicklaus' The Memorial. But, before we get too deep into things, a terrible golf joke.

Whats the difference between a whiff and a practice swing?

Nobody swears after a practice swing!!

Arnold2.jpeg.4d436da04aac505fe7477b24474ea304.jpeg

The Arnold Palmer Invitational is held at Palmer’s own Bay Hill Club and Lodge. It’s a par 72, 7,466-yard course with a hell of a lot of water. The course itself is mostly flat with the water hazards supplying most of the nervy shots. Superior ball-striking is required if a player is serious about finishing near the top of the leaderboard. Bay Hill is the site of the infamous par 5 around the lake at the centre of the property. Most take a line to the right and find fairway, but not Bryson DeChambeau (shame he won’t be teeing it up)

Last year, Kurt Kitayama triumphed after a late scare at the par-4 9th hole where he made a triple bogey and gave everyone a chance for the steal. Luckily for Kitayama, he steadied the ship and finished strong with a birdie on the 2nd last hole. Kitayama put on a golf clinic here last year finishing number 1 in driving accuracy, number 1 in greens in regulation, and 3rd in stroked gained in putting. It was his first PGA Tour title.

images(1)(1).jpeg.b3608ea8f6027d0d2c4d859fbd66aaaf.jpeg

Field highlights

·        Kurt Kitayama – the defending champ and current world number 47. Kitayama hasnt played since The Genesis back in mid-Feb where he finished T-39. The break should do him some good and he can continue his consistent start to the season. Kitayama hasn’t missed a cut yet this season and he’s had 1 top 10 finish in 5 starts. He currently still only has 1 win on his resume, defending his crown here would be a nice way to add another notch to the bedpost.

·        Patrick Cantlay – winless on the PGA Tour last year, Cantlay had his best chance at a win in a long time at last months The Genesis. He was the 54 hole leader by 2 shots, but a lackluster final round saw him not only let the win slip away but slide all the way to a T-4 finish. He’s had a pretty consistent 2024 so far with 5 events played and 5 cuts made.

·        Nick Dunlap – Nick became the first amateur in 33 years to win on the PGA Tour back at The American Express in January. He’s since turned pro and this event will mark his 4th start as a pro. Since turning pro he finished solo-80th at the AT&T Pebble Beach Pro-Am, missed the cut at The Genesis, and finished T-53 at last weeks Cognizant Classic. Some added pressure turning pro maybe? What do you guys think?

·        Max Homa – steady as she goes is an apt description of Homa’s 2024 season so far. He’s only missed 1 cut and he’s racked up an impressive collection of finishes with a T-14 at The Sentry, T-13 at The Farmers Insurance, and a T-16 at The Genesis. Homa won twice on the PGA Tour last season, so I’m sure if he continues his form he’ll add another win to the resume very soon.

·        Scottie Scheffler – Mr number 1 and Mr consistent. Again he leads the Tour in strokes gained Approach to Green, he leads the Tour Stroked Gained tee to green, and again he is close to last in putting. If he even figures the putter out everyone else can kiss winning goodbye and fight over 2nd place. So far this season hes played in 5 events, hasnt missed a cut, and he’s racked up a an impressive 3 top 10 finishes. His worst finish this year was T-17 at The American Express.

Arnold4.jpeg.5e1099ff4e9ce50ac304be2d0f302a1d.jpeg

The Arnold Palmer (the tournament, not the drink 😃) always leads to some exciting action and a razor sharp leaderboard.

For those in the pick ‘em comp, remember to get your picks in.

SPLATT

All each way for 8 places: 

Tommy Fleetwood

Min Woo Lee

Ludvig Aberg

and then as my personal picks: 

Hideki Matsuyama

Rory McIlroy

P.J.Marshall

PING G425 MAX 9°

TaylorMade M2 (2017) 3 wood

TaylorMade M2 (2017) 3 Hybrid

Stealth Irons 4-PW

SM6 52 + 58

Odyssey 2 Ball Blade (currently looking at other putters)

Either Srixon AD333 or TM Tour Response Stripe

Callaway Chev carry and trolley bag

Ben Sayers Electric Trolley 

33 minutes ago, KingSlender said:

It's so obvious when PGA pros need to go to a face balanced putter.

Another assessment n what is wrong with his putting. 😂.  everyone seems to have a thought on what will “fix” his putting.  Haven’t heard any putting experts say the answer is a face balanced putter. 

What attributes do you see that indicates he needs a face balanced putter and what will the face balanced putter fix and what are the potential things it will break?

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :touredgeexotics: XCG7 Beta 15*  w/Fujikura Fuel
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

23 hours ago, cnosil said:

Another assessment n what is wrong with his putting. 😂.  everyone seems to have a thought on what will “fix” his putting.  Haven’t heard any putting experts say the answer is a face balanced putter. 

What attributes do you see that indicates he needs a face balanced putter and what will the face balanced putter fix and what are the potential things it will break?

Like DJ had an issue with before he stuck with the Spyder, Scheffler "wipes" too many putts with his blade inside 6 feet.  This will keep him truer to his line. 

Scheffler's SG Putting were -1.57 in Round 1 - 54/69 - hey, at least he's not last!

WITB

46 minutes ago, KingSlender said:

Like DJ had an issue with before he stuck with the Spyder, Scheffler "wipes" too many putts with his blade inside 6 feet.  This will keep him truer to his line. 

Scheffler's SG Putting were -1.57 in Round 1 - 54/69 - hey, at least he's not last!

I assume your wipes assessment is about path.   Path is not relevant to where the ball goes.   Most players have a left or right bias with their stroke and while Scheffler tends to loop out during transitions and hit the ball in the heel,  he doesn’t have a massive out to in path.   Your original comment was that he needed face balanced putter and the is no definitive evidence that face balanced it needed for a left biased stroke;  I have generally been fit for not face balanced putters for my left biased/wipe stroke.  

He’s not typically last when looking at strokes gains just near the middle to bottom third.  Maybe the mallet will help, but I personally don’t think it will unless the problem is aim and the longer alignment aid will provide benefit.  

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

burn-elmo.gif.5dd58c72f6fc80bb69ba35f32846826a.gif

Uh oh, Scheffler has a mallet in the bag and he's now leading.

Good luck everyone else 🤣

16 minutes ago, Splatt said:

Uh oh, Scheffler has a mallet in the bag and he's now leading.

Good luck everyone else 🤣

Has played mallets before.   At the API he  is leading and is excelling in the other areas of the game like he normally does with mediocre putting.  

On 3/8/2024 at 1:33 PM, Splatt said:

burn-elmo.gif.5dd58c72f6fc80bb69ba35f32846826a.gif

Knapp had a 12 today if I am not mistaken. A septuple? Man. 

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :cleveland-small: HB Soft 14

Ball: :odin:

1 hour ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

Knapp had a 12 today if I am not mistaken. A septuple? Man. 

He sure did. I love the chaos that hole 6 brings

Has anyone become less likable more quickly than Wyndham Clark has the last 24 hours?  

Dude CLEARLY cheated using the old wedge mash and his ball moved on 18, then pretended he had no idea and was saved by the rules official. 

Then says the Tour should only be 100 players (I'd actually be on board with that) when 2 years ago he was #118 and really benefitted from the weaker fields created by the LIV exodus.

WITB

3 minutes ago, KingSlender said:

Dude CLEARLY cheated using the old wedge mash and his ball moved on 18, then pretended he had no idea and was saved by the rules official. 

Did he really?  Do you have a video showing that he did something more than resting the club behind the ball?  Yes, he did that a few times, maybe you can find a rule that limits the number of times he can ground the club lightly behind the ball.  Now he may have caused the ball to move, I'm not certain that it returned to its original position, it might have settled more deeply into the grass, but experienced people reviewed the video to make that call.  Vertical movement is something he realistically might not have seen from above.

:titleist-small: Irons Titleist T200, AMT Red stiff

:callaway-small:Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:mizuno-small: T22 54 and 58 wedges

:mizuno-small: 7-wood

:Sub70: 5-wood

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

On 3/7/2024 at 6:40 AM, BallsLeon said:

Start buying those Spider Xs now before the price goes up!

Edited by BallsLeon
  • Driver : :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS, 10.5° loft, MCA TENSEI AV White 65g, Stiff flex (44.5")
  • 3-Wood: :callaway-small: Rogue ST LS, 15° loft, MCA TENSEI AV Blue 65g, Reg flex (42.25", tipped 0.5")
  • 3-Utility: :Sub70: 699 Pro V2 Utility Satin, 18° loft, :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 80g, 6.0 flex
  • Irons: :titleist-small: T200 6i-GW, 27°-48° lofts, Nippon Modus3 120g, Stiff flex (+0.5”, 1° upright)
  • Wedges:  Indi FLX S-Grind, 52°/56°/60° lofts, Dynamic Gold Spinner 115g, Wedge flex
  • Putter:cobra-small: King Vintage Sport 60, SteelFiber P125 shaft (34"), :garsen: Quad Tour Taper grip
  • Bag: :cobra-small: Ultralight Pro, Ski Patrol/Black
  • Push Cart: :BagBoy: Nitron, Black/Red
  • Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5 Shift

2023 MGS Forum Review: Sugar Golf Balls (Final Review Posted)
2023 MGS Forum Review: Sycamore 009 Mini Putter (Final Review Posted)
2024 Unofficial Review: The "Putting Thing" by WhyGolf

-TJ

52 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

Did he really?  Do you have a video showing that he did something more than resting the club behind the ball?  Yes, he did that a few times, maybe you can find a rule that limits the number of times he can ground the club lightly behind the ball.  Now he may have caused the ball to move, I'm not certain that it returned to its original position, it might have settled more deeply into the grass, but experienced people reviewed the video to make that call.  Vertical movement is something he realistically might not have seen from above.

The video is on twitter and it looks pretty bad.

I guess they looked at it after and determined that the ball moved, but returned to the original spot so no penalty.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

3 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I guess they looked at it after and determined that the ball moved, but returned to the original spot so no penalty.

I was watching at the time and noticed they quickly cut away from that particular camera angle.

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Stealth 3 wood

Titleist U510 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

2 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

I was watching at the time and noticed they quickly cut away from that particular camera angle.

It certainly wasn't a good look (the ball moving and so on). That being said they did look at it so have to have a slight bit of trust in the ruling.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

9 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

I agree that the ball moved, there's no question in my mind.  What I'm less certain about is whether the ball returned to its original location or not.  I do trust the experienced officials who review video for the tour to do their best.  If they're not certain the ball moved (per the definition in the rules), there shouldn't be a penalty.  I think a lot of "armchair officials" see any movement of the ball and think that's a breach, not understanding the actual rule.

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Just now, DaveP043 said:

I agree that the ball moved, there's no question in my mind.  What I'm less certain about is whether the ball returned to its original location or not.  I do trust the experienced officials who review video for the tour to do their best.  If they're not certain the ball moved (per the definition in the rules), there shouldn't be a penalty.  I think a lot of "armchair officials" see any movement of the ball and think that's a breach, not understanding the actual rule.

For sure. At first look I thought the ball moved and then actually sat down more for a worse lie. But that's only one angle and who could say.

T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

1 minute ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

For sure. At first look I thought the ball moved and then actually sat down more for a worse lie. But that's only one angle and who could say.

Yeah, it wouldn't have surprised me if he was penalized for a 9.4 breach, if the ball was determined to have moved.  I objected to the "clearly cheated" claim, because a small downward movement of the ball isn't necessarily visible to the player.  The only way to claim he was "cheating" would be to say he specifically pressed down when he grounded his club, and that simply isn't at all clear from the video.

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

1 hour ago, DaveP043 said:

Yes, he did REALLY!  No question whatsoever.  I am not generally a big fan of Brandel Chamblee, but he hit the nail on the head and in his video he also showed exactly how much the ball moved with the red circle that he drew around the ball in its original position.

In addition, Clark improved his lie and tamped down the line of this club path with his wedge machinations. Maybe he "had no idea" that he was doing this, but if so that is even more troubling because it means that this has become second nature to him and he no longer even realizes that he is cheating.

DR - Callaway Paradym AI Smoke TD, Newton Motion 4-Dot

4W - Callaway Paradym 3HL, Newton Motion Fairway shaft, 4-Dot

HYB - Paradym X 18*, HZRDUS Smoke Red 80S; Sub 70 949X 21*, same shaft

7W (if played) - Sub 70 849, ProForce Black 80-S

Irons - Callaway Paradym, HZRDUS Silver Gen 4, S-flex

Wedges - Edison 2.0, 53* and 57* (bent to 58*), KBS TGI 100

Putter - (currently in flux, but usually an Evnroll 8V

Ball - Maxfli Tour-X CG (2023)

Bags - Ghost Golf Maverick Black Ops

Cart - MotoCaddy M7 Remote (without the remote)

Spoiler

driver / off the tee is no longer a weakness for me!

2 minutes ago, funkyjudge said:

Yes, he did REALLY!  No question whatsoever.  I am not generally a big fan of Brandel Chamblee, but he hit the nail on the head and in his video he also showed exactly how much the ball moved with the red circle that he drew around the ball in its original position.

In addition, Clark improved his lie and tamped down the line of this club path with his wedge machinations. Maybe he "had no idea" that he was doing this, but if so that is even more troubling because it means that this has become second nature to him and he no longer even realizes that he is cheating.

Again, seeing a ball move a small distance vertically isn't always possible, he may not have seen that.  And you're telling me that your judgement of that is better than an experienced official reviewing the same video, and possibly other video that we (including Brandel) don't have access to?  I don't agree.  I admit I'm not sure the ball returned to its original location, but but its not "clear cheating".  

As to his "wedge machinations", I saw the wedge being grounded several times behind the ball.  We didn't see his body or his hands, we have no idea whether he pressed down excessively.   And 8.1b(4) allows a player to ground his club lightly either right behind or in front of his ball, even if it improves the Conditions Affecting The Stroke.  Its possible he did improve the CATS, but that is specifically acceptable under the rules, as long as he didn't press the club into the ground.  

B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

59 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

It certainly wasn't a good look (the ball moving and so on). That being said they did look at it so have to have a slight bit of trust in the ruling.

I agree with you, but I was really surprised that he even put himself in that position.

Play like a champion today!