Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Must have “knockoff” training aids?

Curious if anyone has tested and backs anything on temu/wish/amazon/ebay..

Always looking for cheap training aids to help out some buddies and kids I give lessons too. 

bonus points for training aids to help a very long backswing  

thanks.  

IMG_2060.jpeg

IMG_2059.jpeg

WITB

I have the first one, the trainer ball. Just got it this week. I like it a lot it is making me turn my shoulders more.

I wouldn't hesitate to get the inflatable smart ball either. 

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 65

Ping G430 Max 3 Wood PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 75

Ping G430 Max 7 Wood PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 75

Ping 3i iCrossover PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 85

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 56/10

Ping Glide 4.0 60/10

Ping Kushin 4 putter

Maxfli Tour & Wilson Triad White Golf Balls

This thread has @GolfSpy MPR written all over it!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

2 hours ago, rgregoryb said:

This may be one of the best training aids I’ve ever used. It’s a $10 dog ball from Amazon (the 5.5 inch (JW Pet Hol-ee Roller Dog Toy), a 2” x 12” Velcro strap, and I blew up a balloon inside the ball to get the level of firmness I wanted. The ball by itself was too soft. The goal is to keep the ball firmly between both arms through the entire swing.

IMG_3341.jpeg

IMG_3362.jpeg

IMG_3363.jpeg

IMG_3364.jpeg

I really like this , I already have the dog ball just need the Velcro strap. How has it worked for you so far?

I’m not the greatest but I’ll always play

3 minutes ago, ChaosReigns said:

I really like this , I already have the dog ball just need the Velcro strap. How has it worked for you so far?

It’s been fantastic. I was becoming disconnected in the back swing, and this has helped immensely. I’ve also been using the Gankas g-slot. I’m hitting the ball more pure than ever and had a couple golf buddies tell me the same this past week. Don’t forget to use a balloon inside the ball for the right firmness. I’ve found it needs to be blown up just enough to match the inside volume of the ball. Don’t over inflate it. 

34 minutes ago, rgregoryb said:

It’s been fantastic. I was becoming disconnected in the back swing, and this has helped immensely. I’ve also been using the Gankas g-slot. I’m hitting the ball more pure than ever and had a couple golf buddies tell me the same this past week. Don’t forget to use a balloon inside the ball for the right firmness. I’ve found it needs to be blown up just enough to match the inside volume of the ball. Don’t over inflate it. 

Just got back from the hardware store. I’m thinking combining your idea with my skills tempo and grip trainer I may have the at home training I desperately need. Again awesome idea 👏

18 minutes ago, ChaosReigns said:

Just got back from the hardware store. I’m thinking combining your idea with my skills tempo and grip trainer I may have the at home training I desperately need. Again awesome idea 👏

Here’s a video post of me using it with a wood and an iron. https://www.instagram.com/reel/C43QAGurESk/?igsh=ZDE1MWVjZGVmZQ== 

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

This thread has @GolfSpy MPR written all over it!

It’s funny because it’s true. 

Driver:  cobralogo.png.60692cdc05482efd83e68664e010b95f.png Aerojet LS, Ventus Blue Shaft - 6S
4 Wood:  callaway.png.e65d398fb0327017a369499fc6126064.png Rogue ST Max 16.5, Tensei White Shaft - 7S
Utility Iron: mizunopro.png.90cc4fb9895830e28063d9a5be416145.png Fli Hi 3-iron, HAZARDOUS Smoke Black Shaft - S
Irons:  mizuno.png.f0e7b21135cb6273b3c1430866904467.png JPX 921 Tour 4-P, Project X Shafts - Stiff 125g
Wedges: cleveland.png.f21f4d2361520fdf1bbd9d515a2f11e6.png 52º, 56º, 60º
Putter:  odyssey.png.58c727e37eb7efda62bce4f7b8881bd9.png Ai-One 7 T CH, 34"
Preferred Ball: srixon.png.f177578dda27a20ef80a0a8b1ae96e3b.png Z-Star Diamond
Pushcart: bagboy.jpg.0dda53b5175958e1b5686f22b90af744.jpg Nitron
Rangefinder: bushnell.jpg.c51debd06066fa243dea7f14d69a8dba.jpg Tour V5 Shift

30 minutes ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

In my (only semi-serious) defense: as a general rule, I don't love buying knock-off training aids. I would make a distinction between DIY-ing a training aid that is clearly inspired by a commercial product and buying something that is commercially violating someone's IP. In general (again), I avoid the latter, while rather enthusiastically embracing the former.

I have also found that a dog ball velcroed to a wrist strap, with a spatula stuck in the back of the wrist strap makes a very useful AmateurSENDR.

There’s no spatula. Just a balloon inside to firm up the dog ball. 🐶 🏀 🤣🤣🤣

16 minutes ago, rgregoryb said:

There’s no spatula. Just a balloon inside to firm up the dog ball. 🐶 🏀 🤣🤣🤣

My version has a spatula. I think it was a buck at Walmart. My coach had the idea. I heated the handle and removed it, and what was left fits neatly into the back of the wrist strap to make the "cup" of the AmatuerSENDR 🙂

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

2 hours ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

In my (only semi-serious) defense: as a general rule, I don't love buying knock-off training aids. I would make a distinction between DIY-ing a training aid that is clearly inspired by a commercial product and buying something that is commercially violating someone's IP. In general (again), I avoid the latter, while rather enthusiastically embracing the former.

I have also found that a dog ball velcroed to a wrist strap, with a spatula stuck in the back of the wrist strap makes a very useful AmateurSENDR.

So build our own training aid that mimics the real training aids. This makes more sense and probably more cost efficient. 

In all seriousness, when I was struggling with weight transfer I was gonna buy that callaway training aid. A friend told me not to and showed me that same very thing can be done with a golf ball. So that’s what I used, and will still use when I feel I need that. 

Callaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 9* with Tensei AV Blue 55

PXG 5 and 7 woods with Mitsubishi Diamana Shafts

Mizuno Pro 225 5-GW with Dynamic Gold S300 shafts

Taylormade Hi-Toe 54 and 58 degree wedges

Ping Prime Tyne 4

12 hours ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

My version has a spatula. I think it was a buck at Walmart. My coach had the idea. I heated the handle and removed it, and what was left fits neatly into the back of the wrist strap to make the "cup" of the AmatuerSENDR 🙂

Gotta know what style spatula 😂

WITB

11 hours ago, gary nagel said:

Do not use knock off products

I give lessons to kids once or twice a week. I do it just for fun and not to make money. This thread is mainly about how myself and the kids can get better on a low budget.  

WITB

23 minutes ago, TG8 said:

I give lessons to kids once or twice a week. I do it just for fun and not to make money. This thread is mainly about how myself and the kids can get better on a low budget.  

For the love of the game and to make yourself better at it I say if it works and you made it cheaper then win win. Plus it helps to teach anyone to think outside the box. 

Love this thread specifically for the DIY aspect of it as @GolfSpy MPR said and @rgregoryb demonstrated. I think it's pretty insane how expensive a lot of official training aids are when the vast majority of them are a squishy ball, a rubber band, a strategically placed weight, or a combination of the 3.

Purchasing the dog ball from amazon as soon as I hit 'submit reply'

JK

Driver: Callaway Rogue

3W: Callaway Rogue

Hybrid: Callaway Apex

Irons: Callaway APEX 21

Wedges: Cleveland RTX6 Zipcore

Putter: PXG Hercules 

Aimee Cho has a YT video of a simple Chicken Wing Cure using a water bottle.
b04c38d1c5a4771bbeae671140654a34.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 65

Ping G430 Max 3 Wood PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 75

Ping G430 Max 7 Wood PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 75

Ping 3i iCrossover PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 85

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 56/10

Ping Glide 4.0 60/10

Ping Kushin 4 putter

Maxfli Tour & Wilson Triad White Golf Balls

Make sure to share pics of your diy training aids! Would love to see them all. 

WITB