2024 PGA Championship Contest Sponsored by MYClubMaker.Com

Ugh.  25th

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

I’m going the wrong way!!!

Was as high as 25th yesterday, dropped almost 40 spots.

TaylorMade SIM 2 Max Driver

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Titleist U505 Hybrid (3H)

TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB Irons (4-PW)

Vokey SM8 Wedges (52/56/60)

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

I thought for sure with the wet weather the cut line and top line would be lower.

But dang these guys can play!

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

8 hours ago, ChiefMikeOfficer said:

Your team is looking solid right now - if Xander drops off, you're in prime position. I'm 1 off the lead, which is basically Sahith vs. Collin. Been here before, though, so I'm not getting too hopeful - but my two throwaways are both -4, so I'm feeling kinda ok about my chances right now (hoping one of them goes lights out tomorrow and climbs up the board). 

I'm feeling ok but need Scottie and BD and Tony to have decent days..the X man looks cool, calm, and collected out there..good luck to u!

:PXG:Bubba Ivy 

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

Dang!  I forgot Rory filed for divorce.  I thought he wasn’t playing up to his standards because I picked him.

I was confused by this comment..I wanted to put a laughing face but didn't want ppl thinking I was laughing at Rory divorce🤷.. It was funny though

1 hour ago, Kenny B said:

Dang!  I forgot Rory filed for divorce.  I thought he wasn’t playing up to his standards because I picked him.

I wouldn't give up though.. I think lots of ppl didn't put in before the May 14th deadline or didn't leave a comment.. Think it's anyone's game still to be honest

3 minutes ago, Bubba1985 said:

I was confused by this comment..I wanted to put a laughing face but didn't want ppl thinking I was laughing at Rory divorce🤷.. It was funny though

He didn’t seem focused today.  I thought he was going to make a run in the middle of the round, but didn’t finish strong.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

2 hours ago, Bubba1985 said:

You and me both!

WITB-

3 hours ago, Bubba1985 said:

How did u do today bud?

Up to 6th,  but the top 5 are crushing it!

WITB-

Shane pretty much knocked me out of the money - still up high on the leaderboard, but I think my only chance of a prize is both Shane and Collin shooting over par today. Always fun watching how much these contests fluctuate from day to day. 

Driver: :taylormade-small: Qi10 LS 8* w/Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 6X or Terra Forza Yellow+ (MGS Test in Progress!)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Stealth2 Plus, 15* (adjusted to 14.25*) w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 7X

Irons:  :titleist-small: U505 1 Iron (16*), T200 "Utility Build" 3 and 4 irons, all with Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 95 X Flex, :titleist-small: T100S 5-9 with Nippon Pro Modus 120 X Flex (2021 MGS Test). These things are monsters. 

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM9 46.10, 54.12, and 58.08, all with custom etchings & KBS Tour Masters-themed shafts, X-flex (CHA Post)

Putter: Total headcase and Putter Ho. Down to two main options in the rotation (one mallet, one blade), but have 4-5 by the basement putting green that might make it in the bag at some point this year... Mallet: :L.A.B.: Mezz XL 36" Orange; Blade: :L.A.B.: Link.1 w/Accra White shaft & :garsen: grip

1 minute ago, ChiefMikeOfficer said:

Shane pretty much knocked me out of the money - still up high on the leaderboard, but I think my only chance of a prize is both Shane and Collin shooting over par today. Always fun watching how much these contests fluctuate from day to day. 

I need Bryson and Xander to go backwards, and possibly Finau to have a chance.

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

12 minutes ago, ChiefMikeOfficer said:

It has been fun.. First time I've had a shot at anything like this.. Every birdie matters.. It's crazy

32 minutes ago, Bubba1985 said:

It has been fun.. First time I've had a shot at anything like this.. Every birdie matters.. It's crazy

Tell me about it! Looks like there will be multiple 1st places at this rate, and I missed the cut line opportunity and went too low. I figured with the rain, it would have been higher. Most passed the top score I picked too.  

WITB-

43 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Tell me about it! Looks like there will be multiple 1st places at this rate, and I missed the cut line opportunity and went too low. I figured with the rain, it would have been higher. Most passed the top score I picked too.  

I went with -18 so I think I'm ok but only time will tell.. With luck like mine, I will fall to the 200 place range today

17 minutes ago, Bubba1985 said:

Gotta have that never quit attitude!

Oh I have it when I play golf. Don't have it on my pickem 

Titleist GT3 11* Tensei 1k blue

Titleist TSR2 4w 16*

Titleist TSR2 5w 18.75*

MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

Vokey SM9 Wedges 50* 54* 58*

DF2.1 Putter

14 hours ago, Bubba1985 said:

I wouldn't give up though.. I think lots of ppl didn't put in before the May 14th deadline or didn't leave a comment.. Think it's anyone's game still to be honest

The “contest” entry deadline is the date/time that the pool administrator sets for the easy office pools platform to automatically lock - the point at which people are no longer allowed to enter/edit tier selections. If you have a team listed on the pool leaderboard then you met that deadline.

The thread comment rule dictates that participants submit their tiebreakers before the “event” (2024 PGA Championship) begins. That separate deadline was 7:14 AM (EST) May 16th.

It’s a little confusing but that’s how we’ve done it for years - automated “contest” deadline for picks and “event” deadline for 2nd/3rd tiebreaker comment.

The crazy thing to me is that we often have teams that would have won but screwed up the forum user name requirement. There are a few solid teams with a legit shot this week that messed up that essential point. With a stacked leaderboard and soft scoring conditions, IMO there are still a bunch of teams with a good chance.

PXG___0811 X 9* - Mitsubishi Diamana s60 Limited X
Cobra___S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
Adams___XTD Forged 3i - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
Adams___CMB 4-PW - Matrix Ozik Program F15 120 S
KZG___Tri-Tour 50.08__54.10__58.12 - Accra iCWT 2.0-95i S
Nike___Method Converge B1-01 (copper insert)
Maxfli___'23 Tour X
"The most important shot in golf is the next one“

2 hours ago, downlowkey said:

The crazy thing to me is that we often have teams that would have won but screwed up the forum user name requirement. 

Yep that's hidden tiebreaker #1 -- two of us are currently T2 behind you with identical teams, and I'd lose the actual tiebreaker... But it looks like it's not a valid name, so I'd end up in 2nd. Hoping for Sahith to run away with it today!

Driver: :taylormade-small: Qi10 LS 8* w/Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 6X or Terra Forza Yellow+ (MGS Test in Progress!)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Stealth2 Plus, 15* (adjusted to 14.25*) w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 7X

Irons:  :titleist-small: U505 1 Iron (16*), T200 "Utility Build" 3 and 4 irons, all with Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 95 X Flex, :titleist-small: T100S 5-9 with Nippon Pro Modus 120 X Flex (2021 MGS Test). These things are monsters. 

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM9 46.10, 54.12, and 58.08, all with custom etchings & KBS Tour Masters-themed shafts, X-flex (CHA Post)

Putter: Total headcase and Putter Ho. Down to two main options in the rotation (one mallet, one blade), but have 4-5 by the basement putting green that might make it in the bag at some point this year... Mallet: :L.A.B.: Mezz XL 36" Orange; Blade: :L.A.B.: Link.1 w/Accra White shaft & :garsen: grip

6 hours ago, downlowkey said:

The “contest” entry deadline is the date/time that the pool administrator sets for the easy office pools platform to automatically lock - the point at which people are no longer allowed to enter/edit tier selections. If you have a team listed on the pool leaderboard then you met that deadline.

The thread comment rule dictates that participants submit their tiebreakers before the “event” (2024 PGA Championship) begins. That separate deadline was 7:14 AM (EST) May 16th.

It’s a little confusing but that’s how we’ve done it for years - automated “contest” deadline for picks and “event” deadline for 2nd/3rd tiebreaker comment.

The crazy thing to me is that we often have teams that would have won but screwed up the forum user name requirement. There are a few solid teams with a legit shot this week that messed up that essential point. With a stacked leaderboard and soft scoring conditions, IMO there are still a bunch of teams with a good chance.

I'm just going by the rules set forth in print🤷

Screenshot_20240517-202353.png

Maybe the 24ish people in front of me get disqualified!!!

Always a fun time, thank you MGS for putting this on!  Enjoyed watching the final round even though I was out fairly early in the day.

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

3 minutes ago, TJ Hall said:

Maybe the 24ish people in front of me get disqualified!!!

Always a fun time, thank you MGS for putting this on!  Enjoyed watching the final round even though I was out fairly early in the day.

This was the best time I've had in a contest.. The golf this weekend was great I thought 

Just now, Bubba1985 said:

This was the best time I've had in a contest.. The golf this weekend was great I thought 

Agreed, and coming down to the very last shot!

TaylorMade Sim Ti 3 wood

Odyssey Ai-ONE 7S Putter

34 minutes ago, Bubba1985 said:

I'm just going by the rules set forth in print🤷

Screenshot_20240517-202353.png

The admins are strict with the rules on this - pretty sure that means you get second (I needed Collin to miss that putt...). Congrats! 

And congrats to @downlowkey for dominating everyone. 

12 minutes ago, ChiefMikeOfficer said:

The admins are strict with the rules on this - pretty sure that means you get second (I needed Collin to miss that putt...). Congrats! 

And congrats to @downlowkey for dominating everyone. 

Thankful for that putt and ONLY birdie lol