Testers Wanted: Sub 70 Pro V2 Fairway Woods ×

2024 PGA Championship Contest Sponsored by MYClubMaker.Com

Not taking away from the MGS pool, I think it was likely the most compelling Sunday of golf we've seen in a while!  I was out for the afternoon, but couldn't take my eyes off the bar's televisions on what was happening.  There were great shots, great putts, come backs and very solid golf played.  The outcome wasn't certain until the last putt was sunk.  It was a great afternoon of golf.  

I can't wait for the US Open!

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

15 minutes ago, Golf2Much said:

Not taking away from the MGS pool, I think it was likely the most compelling Sunday of golf we've seen in a while!  I was out for the afternoon, but couldn't take my eyes off the bar's televisions on what was happening.  There were great shots, great putts, come backs and very solid golf played.  The outcome wasn't certain until the last putt was sunk.  It was a great afternoon of golf.  

I can't wait for the US Open!

I know ppl like to overlook the PGA championship but will remember this one for a long time..I was at work with an earpiece in just yelling "get in the hole".. Bet my co workers thought I was nuts 😂.. Did get to actually see 70% of it so I was happy with that.. Slow day at work

:PXG:Bubba Ivy 

I truly enjoyed partaking in this one!  Thanks to MGS and MyClubMaker for this wonderful bit of excitement!

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

9 minutes ago, Bubba1985 said:

I know ppl like to overlook the PGA championship but will remember this one for a long time..I was at work with an earpiece in just yelling "get in the hole".. Bet my co workers thought I was nuts 😂.. Did get to actually see 70% of it so I was happy with that.. Slow day at work

I'm a fan of the PGA Championship ever since Oak Hill Country Club has been in the rotation to host the event.  Being born, raised and had my career in Rochester, New York, I've seen a Ryder Cup, US Open and several PGA Championships at our local course.  I worked as a volunteer for the Ryder Cup there in 1993 and saw two other PGA Championships there.  Ever since then, I root for the most dissed golf major any time I can.  They have great venues and offer up super competitions.

Ping G430 Max driver 10.5 degrees with an Alta Quick45 gram senior shaft
Callaway Epic 3 wood, Project X Evenflow Green 45 gram senior shaft  
Callaway GBB Epic Heavenwood, with a Mitsubishi Diamana 50 gram senior shaft
Ping G 20.5 degree 7 wood, with a stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Ping G 26 degree hybrid, stock Alta 65 gram senior shaft
Callaway Paradym X irons, 7-AW with Aldila Ascent Blue 50 graphite shafts
Edison wedges:  50, 55 and 60 degree, KBS Tour Graphite A flex shafts
Putters:  L.A.B. Direct Force 2.1 putter, 34.5" long, 67 degrees lie

2022 MGS Tester:  Shot Scope Pro XL+ with H4  

6 minutes ago, Golf2Much said:

I'm a fan of the PGA Championship ever since Oak Hill Country Club has been in the rotation to host the event.  Being born, raised and had my career in Rochester, New York, I've seen a Ryder Cup, US Open and several PGA Championships at our local course.  I worked as a volunteer for the Ryder Cup there in 1993 and saw two other PGA Championships there.  Ever since then, I root for the most dissed golf major any time I can.  They have great venues and offer up super competitions.

I'm still pretty new to this game..I watched a few Tiger moments back in the 90s and 00s but I didn't really know fully the extent of what I was watching.. This and Rahm running down Collin from 9 strokes back have been my fav 2 events since understanding what I'm watching

:PXG:Bubba Ivy 

Posted (edited)

What a great ending to great tournament! I know some enjoy seeing Scheffler ahead by 7 strokes on a Sunday, but man, seeing so many people in contention make it fun to watch. Those "anything can happen" final rounds are the best.

Congrats to the winner of the pool and thanks MGS for another fun pick 'em!

Edited by TSauer

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

3 hours ago, TSauer said:

What a great ending to great tournament! I know some enjoy seeing Scheffler ahead by 7 strokes on a Sunday, but man, seeing so many people in contention make it fun to watch. Those "anything can happen" final rounds are the best.

Congrats to the winner of the pool and thanks MGS for another fun pick 'em!

Agreed, such a great end, and it was great to see so many in contention, right down to the end. When Schauffele left himself in that awkward spot on the side of the bunker on the 18th I was worried for him, but he kept his nerve and made an amazing recovery shot. Great to see Bryson in form again, like him or not, the guy is electric to watch when he's in contention

Driver - :cobra-small: King SZ 1w 7.5° w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 110MSI 60x

Woods - :cobra-small:King SZ Big Tour 3w 13.5° w/ Fujikura Pro 65, King SZ 5w 20° w/ Tensei CK White 70

Driving Iron - :cobra-small: King Utility 2i 16° w/ Project X Hzrdus Black 85

Irons - :callaway-small: Apex '24 Combo set - 4i Pro, 5i-8i CB, 9i-10i MB w/ KBS Tour V 120 X-Stiff

Wedges - :callaway-small: MD5 Jaws 52° - S 10° grind, 56° - C 8° grind, 60° - C 8° grind w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner Tour Issue 115

Putter(s) - :odyssey-small: :callaway-small: :scotty-small: :titleist-small: :ping-small:  :nike-small: :wilson-small: O-Works 2 Ball Black, Big Bertha Warbird, Special Select Squareback 2.0, Red X2, Bullseye Original Flange SC, Bullseye Standard Flange SC, OG Bronze Anser, Method Midnight 007, R.Mendralla 8802

Did pretty well with a tie for 8th, had figured on Brooks getting his “major swag” going - didn’t pan out.  However it was fun to see it come down to the final putt of the 72nd hole….and watching Zander’s birdie ride the rim before going in.  

WITB?:ping-small:  G400 SFT w/Aldila NXT GEN NVS 55 Aflex ; :ping-small: G410 3w; :ping-small: G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26) - stock Ping Alta CB R-Flex; :edel-golf-1:SMS 6i, 7i - KBS TourLIte 95 R-Flex; Maltby TS1 8i-9i-PW w/Apollo Acculite 85 R flex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -R-Flex and :odyssey-small: AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

Congratulations to the winner. Exciting finish for sure!

Incredible recovery shots are set up by an equally incredible miss.

D-    Cobra Aerojet 8.0 Hzrdus Blue S.

FW-  Callaway Mavrik 3&5 wood

Srixon ZX MkII 2 iron

Callaway Epic forged E19 4-GW

Taylormade MG 3 56 degree 10 bounce (personal grind to 6 degrees or so)

Cameron Furtura F5r  / Odessey Ai One Three T

Maxfli Tour and Tour X

5 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

A nice high placement for me with 12th. Can't complain and took a chance on Ludwig in the hopes or surpassing those who would picked Scottie or Rory. Alas it wasn't enough, however congrats to the winners! Great job!

44 minutes ago, Willie T said:

Did pretty well with a tie for 8th, had figured on Brooks getting his “major swag” going - didn’t pan out.  However it was fun to see it come down to the final putt of the 72nd hole….and watching Zander’s birdie ride the rim before going in.  

I'm right there with you guys. 
Came in tied at .  .  .  205th??!?!!!!!!

😀

Driver - Stix Compete
7W - :ping-small: G5
9W - :callaway-small: Big Bertha War Bird
5H/SW - :callaway-small:Edge 
6H - :ping-small: G15
5-PW - :macgregor-small: MT-86 OS
56 - Kirkland Signature 
Putter - :odyssey-small: White Hot Pro

Wow, managed 3rd from last place.  I'm almost impressed at how poorly I picked for this tournament.  Was definitely an interesting tournament to watch.

Driver:  Callaway Epic Speed, 9.0, HZRDUS Smoke iM10 MID 6.0 60g shaft

3 wood:  Titleist 917F2 15* (adjusted to 16.5*)

5 wood:  Tour Model Special Edition, 21*

Irons (5-PW):  Taylormade Speedblade HL

Wedges:  Taylormade Speedblade HL AW 50*, Vokey SM6 56*10S, Excaliber Convex 60*

Putter:  Odyssey Ten tour lined two ball

Balls:  Maxfli Tour

Bag:  Ogio Grom Hybrid

Tech:  Hole19 app used with iPhone and Apple Watch series 3