DG s400 TI vs DG S300 120

I currently have the S400 TI in my clubs and for the first time felt they may be a bit too heavy now. I had one of those moments on the course where i took a swing and thought "oh crap...this felt a tiny bit heavy"

Was curious if you guys think moving to a DG S300 120 would make a difference in feel

My current S400 comes in at 132G and the DG S300 would come in at 118g 

Do you think id see a big difference in performance loss, accuracy or peak height differences to make a real difference? I dont want a negative change in ball flight, height or distance.....

thoughts???

Go to a shop and test and compare.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

20 minutes ago, Tsecor said:

Do you think id see a big difference in performance loss, accuracy or peak height differences to make a real difference? I dont want a negative change in ball flight, height or distance.....

thoughts???

Impossible to tell; you need to actually swing them since each persons responses to weight and shaft characteristics is their response and not our response.  You need to go compare them side by side.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Paradym AI Smoke Max HL  16.5* w/MCA TENSEI AV Series Blue
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   more-golf-logo.png Render w/VA Composites Baddazz 

Backup Putters:  Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe,  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

There’s no way to say what a change will do when switching from a heavier to lighter shaft.

It all depends on how the feel changes if it does and then how that change affects the timing of the swing. Those who are less sensitive to weight may not see any change. Those who are may see some kind of performance change because club delivery changed. It could be good or bad.

Unfortunately there’s only two ways to figure out what will happen. Test the shafts in a head you plan to put them in or get fit. The get fit option has some drawbacks for those who don’t do their own club building, the cost of the shafts and to have the clubs reshafted could outweigh the benefits of chanting, the other is it would be fit for new clubs 

15 minutes ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Go to a shop and test and compare.

I plan to but i wanted to get some opinions before i went in just to see what others thought......I had a bad fitting experience a few years ago and truly do not trust the monitors or the guys at the only location I have near me......i know how far i hit the ball and my 7-iron does not go 190......more like 158-162.