What is the best driver?

On 10/2/2024 at 3:16 PM, FMC F-16 said:

Really liking my "old", current gamer TSi3 with the Tensei White 65g shaft.

I like to tweak things around such as the shaft adjustment & weight in the head. I recently switched to Medium Jumbomax grips & about to take a dive into swing weight 💪🏻.

markup_1000008015.png

This driver was and still is SO GOOD. I got rid of a TSi3 this year and now game a GT3, but honestly wish I'd have held onto it. Such a great sole design, too.

Driver: :titleist-small: GT3 9|Tour AD-UB 6S (testing in progress)

Fairways: :titleist-small: GT2 15 & 18|Tour AD-UB 7S (testing in progress) |:cobra-small: Aerojet Max 7|Kai'Li White 70X

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H|MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW|KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :titleist-small: Vokey SM10 52.12F|56.12D|True Temper Vokey Wedge Flex

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour & :titleist-small: ProV1

#LeftyGang

Titleist GT Long Game Test (Link Here)

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

I have had or tried just about every brand and model available. My best is the my current Titleist GT2.

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Qi10 - 10.5*, Hzrdus Smoke RDX 6.0 Stiff
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Qi10 - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
5 Wood: :taylormade-small: Qi10 - Ventus TR Reg
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 9 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

On 10/14/2024 at 8:00 AM, GolfSpy_KFT said:

This driver was and still is SO GOOD. I got rid of a TSi3 this year and now game a GT3, but honestly wish I'd have held onto it. Such a great sole design, too.

It's hard to make sound decisions on equipment, especially drivers where the marketing & hype seems to push the latest & greatest every year or every other year. I know the TSR3 had minor improvements over the TSi3 but I couldn't justify the discount for getting a TSi3 when the TSR3 was being sold. I know that equipment does improve slightly but will that improvement translate for the average player...? The debate still goes on.

Known by friends as the tinkerer with my clubs. I enjoy doing my own R&D on the course.

PING G430 LST!! So, for 2023 and 2024, I had this vendetta not to play a Ping Driver. Those who reviewed the G430 line mentioned the sound, the lack of distance (compared to other mainstream options), and the general overall aesthetic. These reviews kept me away. However, I finally pulled the trigger on the ping G430 LST when I found it on a good deal. I also built one of my all-time favorite shafts to it, and I have never had longer + more straight drives in my life. I have a hard time believing I will ever find one quite like it. 

Full Specs: 

• Head - Ping G430 LST 10.5* (Playing 9.5, -1.0 FLAT) Weight Neutral
  • Shaft - Project X Evenflow Riptide LX 70 TX
  • Grip - JumboMax Str8 Tech Wrap 
  • Total Weight - 369g
  • Average Distance (Elevation = 5600) - 332 Yards

image.png.f5ba8fc91cb09b15a1dde3be764e20fb.png

image.png.dcb799b73fced6d15108e0e211fdabc4.png

image.png.9c8b57cccc9b00bc5d22f059bdbcd6a7.png

Edited by CB Lobo 4 Life

DRIVER :titleist-small: TSR3 9* Ventus TR Blue TX 70g,

3 WOOD:titleist-small: TSR3 15* Ventus TR Red TX 80g,

5 WOOD :titleist-small: TSR3 18* Ventus Blue VC TX 90g

IRONS:srixon-small: ZX7 MKII (5, 6, & 7), Z Forged (8, 9, &PW)

WEDGES:vokey-small: SM9 50* D Grind, 54* D Grind, & 60* M Grind

PUTTER:taylormade-small: Spider Tour 36", SuperStroke ZENERGY XL TOUR 3.0+ w/50g counterbalance weight

BALL - Maxfli Tour X, :taylormade-small: TP5x, & :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (Testing)

Home Course: Snowflake Municipal 

Lobo.jpg

On 10/1/2024 at 7:50 AM, rkj427 said:

Best driver I ever used, would actually involve a couple different ones, that were played at various ages or "stages" of my golf activities.

1. Titleist 975D - used this with a Dynamic Gold S-300 steel shaft in my younger years, and when I played many more competitive rounds. Not the longest, but always a fairway finder.

2. Titleist GT2 -- recently fitted for this model, and at this stage it is the easiest to have full confidence in on the tee box that unless it runs through a fairway, it will end up in the short grass. Higher launching and a more forgiving face than any other I have used or demoed.

Quite certain there will be many responses, but the key to finding what is best for anyone is to go and get properly fit. ⛳

Yep 975 D- absolute classic perfection. Gamed this for nearly half a decade which for me is unheard of. Enjoyed my Ping G425 alot as well, was extremely impressed but now have moved to Srixons ZX5 head with my Ventus Black shaft and honestly I have been really striping it. I think after i found the right shaft config its been minimal differences between the most recent heads from the big manufacturers 

Club Repair Services- Stamping Services- Golf Club Resell

Driver- Srixon ZX5 - Ventus Black 7X Velacore 

2 iron- Srixon ZX- Tour AD GD Orange X

3 Hybrid- Qi10 (off the shelf) S flex 

4-PW- Titleist T150’s KBS Tours Xstiff 

Wedges- Callaway Opus 50s-54w-58w 

Putter- LAB DF2.1