Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

The Distinguished Gentlemen's Thread

The Dansome

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So anyone over hear thinking they might join us for RP's Vancouver trip?

Honestly, I wish...seriously. I've never been to Canada and I couldn't think of a better way of going than to play golf and meet new people.

But time, money and family are considerations. Besides, I have to convince my wife that playing in the World Am next year is a bloody good idea.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Wish I could, would love to go, but I already have 3 golf trips with the fellas already, the wife might actually kill me if I did.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Tell her to make a "bucket list(5-10 subjects)," then look at it & help her make a few of them a reality in the next year and you'll be good to go ;-)

Fairways & Greens 4ever

I'll work on it! :)

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

So Manbropig had a solid outing on the pitch Saturday, his last league game as a youth, next year MEN'S soccer! But he went out with a BANG! That poor other kid.

557938_10151494493931068_638012886_n.jpg

With no more soccer, I guess I'll be playing some other sport more now that I have a little bit more time on my hands! I'm glad I finished the season strong, man that kid... That poor guy, he was so nice about the shot to the kiwi's and laughed it off. Ended that season with a goal, a crossbar, and an unseen yellow card play! Hows everybody else's season going on?

For you Superman lovers. Possibly promising movie news:

http://www.slashfilm...ked-great-time/

I tell you if it is anything like Captain America it will be surprisingly good. I had low expectations and was thoroughly entertained.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

A quick turn in the discussion. Some of you guys might not believe this, but I have quit drinking, since the beginning of February. This is pretty big for me, since I have been drinking since age 15 I think. Now by no means was I drinking everyday, most of my life, it was only weekends, golf, trips, vacations, etc, but lately, I have done some nights drinking that were just way too much. I looked at myself on video chugging a glass of bourbon and I was appalled at myself. Throwing up blood the next morning and 2 day hang overs and a tendency to black out sometimes and not remember what I did convinced me to quit.

Do I think this will last forever, no, but I can assure you at the very least, I am slipping into a strictly social drink at worst.

Almost 1 month down!!

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

• SPY VIP

A quick turn in the discussion. Some of you guys might not believe this, but I have quit drinking, since the beginning of February. This is pretty big for me, since I have been drinking since age 15 I think. Now by no means was I drinking everyday, most of my life, it was only weekends, golf, trips, vacations, etc, but lately, I have done some nights drinking that were just way too much. I looked at myself on video chugging a glass of bourbon and I was appalled at myself. Throwing up blood the next morning and 2 day hang overs and a tendency to black out sometimes and not remember what I did convinced me to quit.

Do I think this will last forever, no, but I can assure you at the very least, I am slipping into a strictly social drink at worst.

Almost 1 month down!!

THIS, IS, AWESOME

Congrats and if you need support post in here and we'll be there for ya buddy.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Almost 1 month down!!

Great JB! Well done.

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

Almost 1 month down!!

That's great! Stick with it.

Almost 1 month down!!

Congratulations! That's a great feat, keep it up! :)

Dan-o's been keeping me up to speed with a lot. I've been fighting something the past couple of days. I've had the chills and fever and sweats. It's been crappy, I hate being sick, but I brought my work home with me... yay :rolleyes:

I'm itching to get out now that I've moved from the bed to the couch. However, it's pissing rain outside.

What else is new? I guess I should check out the Vancouver Open thread, see who all is coming.

Dan-o's been keeping me up to speed with a lot. I've been fighting something the past couple of days. I've had the chills and fever and sweats. It's been crappy, I hate being sick, but I brought my work home with me... yay :rolleyes:

I'm itching to get out now that I've moved from the bed to the couch. However, it's pissing rain outside.

What else is new? I guess I should check out the Vancouver Open thread, see who all is coming.

Hey Nidine, Dan said you were feeling better the other day. Hope the worst is over. It sounds like the flu which we went through a few weeks ago. I came home in the middle of the day with it when it started. Fortunately, it was a Friday so I had the weekend to hibernate. The next week was still pretty miserable though. It takes a while to get over if that's what you have. Take it easy.

There was a mini van I was following this morning that had that yeti as a window sticker. I kept trying to get a picture, but it was like the only time I've never got a red light on my morning route.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Hey Nidine, Dan said you were feeling better the other day. Hope the worst is over. It sounds like the flu which we went through a few weeks ago. I came home in the middle of the day with it when it started. Fortunately, it was a Friday so I had the weekend to hibernate. The next week was still pretty miserable though. It takes a while to get over if that's what you have. Take it easy.

I didn't think it was the flu. I think I confirmed what it is tonight.....STREP :( I hope Dan hasn't caught it but he probably has already and is incubating it. Going for antibiotics tomorrow.

After many weeks of down time from my knee( from a throw pillow accident making the bed) I'm going to play golf tomorrow YA! But I will also have to start helping my wife make the bed BOOO! but I will take it even though I think making the bed is the same as tying my shoes after I take them off. I just doesn't make sense but oh well

MY BAG-

All Left Handed!

Thanks guys for the support, always considered myself a big will power person. My personal goal is to not take a sip until St. Patrick's Day. Being 100% Irish, I will be having my usual toast with friends, a beer, no shot this year, then nothing more. I don't think I am going through anything like withdraws or anything, but you guys hit the nail right on the head. When you forget having a good time, is it even a good time. Have to learn how to be a social drinker, not an Irish Binge drinker!!

Hell, who knows, maybe I will play better golf?

John Barry

The Golfer's Trip

Thanks guys for the support, always considered myself a big will power person. My personal goal is to not take a sip until St. Patrick's Day. Being 100% Irish, I will be having my usual toast with friends, a beer, no shot this year, then nothing more. I don't think I am going through anything like withdraws or anything, but you guys hit the nail right on the head. When you forget having a good time, is it even a good time. Have to learn how to be a social drinker, not an Irish Binge drinker!!

Hell, who knows, maybe I will play better golf?

Stay with it JB congrats!

MY BAG-

All Left Handed!

Archived