Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

The Distinguished Gentlemen's Thread

The Dansome

I got a friend that special ordered some Rocketbladez last week. I can't wait to try them out. I did hit another guys Cobra S3 yesterday. I thought I miss hit the damned thing and the ball ended up on the green 150 yards away. The only problem I have with that type of club, I get so used to being able to get by with a bad swing that by the end of the round I am flaying away at the ball and score gets really high.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am taking the wife to see Lincoln this afternoon. We were just talking about it and I told her I would not tell her how it ends. I really do not know about this movie but I tend to think that there is only one way for a movie about Lincoln to end. She said, "He was the President during "your" civil war wasn't he? so I really have no idea how it will end." I forget that when we watch shows about American History she sits with rapt attention because it is all new to her.

We watch the History Channel all the time and it is sort of funny when they say something that any American sixth grader should know and she is like "Oh wow! I always wondered about that." For those who do not know she went to school in South Africa, and lived in Japan and England. However, American History is new to her.

I am taking the wife to see Lincoln this afternoon. We were just talking about it and I told her I would not tell her how it ends. I really do not know about this movie but I tend to think that there is only one way for a movie about Lincoln to end. She said, "He was the President during "your" civil war wasn't he? so I really have no idea how it will end." I forget that when we watch shows about American History she sits with rapt attention because it is all new to her.

We watch the History Channel all the time and it is sort of funny when they say something that any American sixth grader should know and she is like "Oh wow! I always wondered about that." For those who do not know she went to school in South Africa, and lived in Japan and England. However, American History is new to her.

If you really want to have some fun, rent "Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter" next. That really oughta confuse her...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I've been listening to audiobooks in my morning commute (which I know you don't have). Lincoln is based on the book, "Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln". Absolutely awesome book, albeit a bit slow to start. Goes far more into detail into Lincoln as a man and politician than I any movie could and really shows why he deserves the prestige as one of our greatest presidents.

I've been listening to audiobooks in my morning commute (which I know you don't have). Lincoln is based on the book, "Team of Rivals: The Political Genius of Abraham Lincoln". Absolutely awesome book, albeit a bit slow to start. Goes far more into detail into Lincoln as a man and politician than I any movie could and really shows why he deserves the prestige as one of our greatest presidents.

Last Thursday, we sat on the porch at the club and discussed Lincoln and other Presidents, not the current one. It was an interesting discussion.

I was looking forward to seeing this today, but then my wife said she was going to be gone, and then she sent me a SMS with this on the schedule for the day. Along with grilling lamb.

So while waiting to get ready, I went out and wacked some balls in the net and filmed my swing. Holy sheep dip batman!!! I have more moving parts than a tilt rotor aircraft. HULK and RevKev can probably attest to this but I bet there was 2 feet of sideways movement in my head and maybe a foot of up and down movement. If someone came to me with a swing a bad as mine I would tell them to give up. No wonder I can be so inconsistent. Got some work to do.

I swear the purpose of buying wine in a box was because I did not want to drink a whole bottle and they did not have any of the little bottles. However, I am 5 glasses into the box, bought today after the movie, and dinner is not ready yet.:lol:

Please take that into account for all subsequent posts.:D I may drink the whole box tonight and top 4000 posts, 583 to go.:P

I swear the purpose of buying wine in a box was because I did not want to drink a whole bottle and they did not have any of the little bottles. However, I am 5 glasses into the box, bought today after the movie, and dinner is not ready yet.:lol:

Please take that into account for all subsequent posts.:D I may drink the whole box tonight and top 4000 posts, 583 to go.:P

In the words of Doc Holliday ... "in vino veritas..."

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

In the words of Doc Holliday ... "in vino veritas..."

If I were in Pittsburgh right now I would slap Richard in the forehead and tell him to get out of that bed and walk. Not that I think it would do him any good but I have had enough wine that it would be hilarious to me.:lol:

I am flipping frozen! My fingertips are a little numb still but I am warming up now that we are home. Went out golfing with Dan-o and SuperTuna today. Cold, misty, and first round of the year for me. No warm-up and no wood practice all winter, equated to crappy embarrassing tee off on the first hole in front of my GolfPro. eeee... :blink: and a horrible first hole.

By the 4th hole I did better. My short game is looking good but I remain a lousy rainy day golfer. Just can't get comfortable.

Unfortunately we only played 11 holes due to some rude dirtbags who cut in and held up the 12th hole, it was cold and we wanted to get Tuna to his family on Family Day so we called it a day.

Good company took the sting away from the 52 I shot ;)

Damned the hiccups.

If I were in Pittsburgh right now I would slap Richard in the forehead and tell him to get out of that bed and walk. Not that I think it would do him any good but I have had enough wine that it would be hilarious to me.:lol:

At least you're in your "HAPPY PLACE"! :lol: Everything's good! :P

I am flipping frozen! My fingertips are a little numb still but I am warming up now that we are home. Went out golfing with Dan-o and SuperTuna today. Cold, misty, and first round of the year for me. No warm-up and no wood practice all winter, equated to crappy embarrassing tee off on the first hole in front of my GolfPro. eeee... :blink: and a horrible first hole.

By the 4th hole I did better. My short game is looking good but I remain a lousy rainy day golfer. Just can't get comfortable.

Unfortunately we only played 11 holes due to some rude dirtbags who cut in and held up the 12th hole, it was cold and we wanted to get Tuna to his family on Family Day so we called it a day.

Good company took the sting away from the 52 I shot ;)

Spending time with friends is always more important than the score! If the score happens to come too, that's just a bonus on the day. I know what you mean about not playing good in the cold. I swear I just don't loosen up right myself.

So, Im layin here playin on the computer, listenin to The Band, Live at Watkins Glenn. Damn, could they rock.

May God Bless Rick, Richard & Levon. They're jammin in a far better place!

One of the all time greats! Saw them live in August of '76 in the Berkshires - great show! I remember taping a live performance on the King Biscuit Flower Hour on the radio and wearing that cassette out over the years...

Time to spark up iTunes....

Edit - you got me looking up their history online -- here's the set list from that show in '76, from their website:

Date: 8/29/76

Performer: Band

Source/Quality/Length: AUD/EX-/90

Note: Great show. A must

Song list:

• Ring Your Bell
  • Shape I'm In
  • The Weight
  • It makes No Difference
  • King Harvest
  • Ophelia
  • Stage Fright
  • Night They Drove Old Dixie Down
  • Across the Great Divide
  • Twilight
  • Up On Cripple Creek
  • Genetic Method
  • Chestfever
  • Life Is A Carnival
  • Forbidden Fruit
  • Wheels on Fire
  • WS Walcott Medicine Show

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

* This was outa quote, my comment. I was just told as a youngster to never, ever say or write the words "to be honest..."

HaHa, obviously, Christian was never taught this ;)

Fairways & Greens 4ever

:mizuno-small:

If you gotta preface a statement with "to be honest..." what does that say about the statements that don't have that preface? That's a public speaking 101 lesson!

Sounds like this little endeavor really didn't go well....

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Oh BTW I'll be 40 on Friday. Who's flying up for the golf and/or party?

Just remember......the warranty expires on your 40th......and stuff starts breaking ;)

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

Dude, it's only a number. Life only gets better. Ya get wiser, more mature, wealthier, less self centered, more giving, less tempermental, funnier & more distinguished lookin(trust me, this one can open up doors that you never even were there, HaHa B))

Well said.

Besides....having birthdays isn't nearly as bad as not having them ;)

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

• SPY VIP

I just changed mine up so we had some variance around the forums.

Same as last time.

Hit reply to this post and copy whichever code you want. These ones do not click through to the thread so you'll want to keep the other banner too.

van2013mgsdual2_zpsd83f0436.jpg

or

mgstourlogolowercaseVO_zpscbcf7bb7.png

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Rick, I see that you're on. How do I ask a poll question at the top of a thread?

Thanx much

Fairways & Greens 4ever

:mizuno-small:

I was napping. :rolleyes:

When you start a new topic right below the title there is a button called [Manage Topic Poll]. Click that and then it is easy.

Just in case you guys missed it on the other thread today. I made a statement about talking to myself and that I prefer to think of it as giving a soliloquy. Last week, I missed a short putt or something and walked off muttering to myself. One of my playing partners mentioned my talking to myself and I said Shakespeare would call it a soliloquy. This friend of mine thought that was hilarious.

Barbajo was then insired enough to say

snapback.pngbarbajo, on 12 February 2013 - 11:22 AM, said:

"But soft, what club through yonder window breaks? It is the R1, and Taylormade is the Sun..."

I thought this was great. And was so inspired that I responded with what Hamlet may have said if Shakespeare had started his story earlier in the week. I thought I would share it with you on a more appropriate thread.

"To lay up, or not to lay up, that is the question:

Whether 'tis Nobler in the mind to reap

The Birdies and Eagles of outrageous Fortune,

Or to take action against suffering in a Sea of troubles,

by taking a lesser club and playing safe, to die trying,

or to splash No more; and by a laying up, to say we end

The Heart-ache and make par, and end the thousand Natural shocks

That Golf is heir to? Is this a consummation

Devoutly to be wished? To make this shot,

To reach the green, perchance to Dream; Aye, there's the rub.

Yeah verily, I shalt playeth it safe and layeth up and suffer not the double bogey."

The man has a gift that is rare and should be cherished and savored. That. Was. Awesome.

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

The man has a gift that is rare and should be cherished and savored. That. Was. Awesome.

Yeah. Shakespeare does not get the credit he deserves for giving sound golfing advice.

Oh BTW I'll be 40 on Friday. Who's flying up for the golf and/or party?

I'm 42 on Sunday...sorry mate, I'm not flying anywhere colder than where I am right now! :lol:

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Archived