Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

PING K15 Driver - Wow

blmarlin

Long time lurker and a self admitted club ho. So I just went through a phase where I was "searching" for the "it" driver for me. I hit the ball pretty hard but struggle with consistency. I typically hit at least one drive per round pushing 300 yards but have always struggled with a fade. Recently I had been playing a G15 with a Rombax shaft that I was fitted for but I really couldn't get any consistency out of it and actually tended to hit low hooks with it (weird for me). So I sold that to a buddy and went to Edwin Watts where they put me on their launch monitor and told me the answer was a Ping I20 with a Project X. 6.0 shaft. I could reallly bomb it when I got it right but typically hit it right and never felt comfortable over the ball for some reason. So I went to the Edwin Watts demo day and hit everything out there felt ok about the Callaway clubs so I bought both of them (Xtreme Fit - Trinity Stiff and Xhot Pro - X 6.0) to play with and see if I could dial them in.

After reading the recent reviews on here I was feeling pretty good about both purchases but after multiple trips to the range I was left wishing I hadn't traded in my I20. I just couldn't find the sweet spot consistently. Sooooooo doing what any golfer with a flawed swing would do I blamed the clubs and went back to Edwin Watts and checked out an Anser 10.5 on demo. The Anser had the TFC stiff shaft in it and I hit some balls out back of my house into the pond and felt pretty good about it so I put it in the bag for a long weekend golfing in Daytona. Played pretty well with it but just didn't seem to get the distance I was looking for and like the I20 I had alot of fade going on. One of my buddies finally said , dude, you don't need to spend any more money on drivers, jst go get a used one for less money and spend some time with it. I had to admit that my "search" was a bit ridiculous so I set my mind to take the Anser demo back when I got back.

After I took the demo back I went on Ebay looking for a club and happened across a K15 10.5 with a Project X 6.5 shaft in it, I hopped on MGS and read up on the K15 and pulled the trigger. Boy am I glad I did. It's like this club was made for me. I has taken the right side virtually out of play and I am hitting straight bombs with it. I can still hit my power fade if I really tee it up high but if I keep the ball teed down I am smoking them straight. Just thought I would share my experience, if you struggle with a fade check the K15 out and if you struggle with a fade and hit the ball pretty hard check out a K15 with an X 6.5 shaft. My search is over....

Oh and if you are looking for a deal on the MGS 2013 best driver winner I have an Xhot Pro 10.5 with the Project X 6.0 shaft in it for sale.

Archived