Let me introduce ourselves.  My name is Heidi and I represent a very cool golf app called STRIKER GOLF GPS.  One of your forum administrators was nice enough to allow us to present on your forum.  We are hoping to find 10 of your members who might be willing to test out ( for FREE ) our app and offer constructive reviews.  

I am attaching a form letter that we send out to prospective writers describing Striker Golf; but in summary, we developed this mobile app for the sole purpose for golfers to more easily play games and interact through its unique scorecard, you are playing match play, team play, ryder cup games, or handicaps.

The scorecard is attached to a world class GPS that is fast and accurate and better with your batteries than some of the leading competitors.  Best of all, unlike leading apps like Golfshot, you never have to leave the screen to put in scores or stats.  Note that a full 18 hole round will take up about 20% of your battery.

Finally, the social network not only allows you to keep track of your friends, but allows you to input your friends easily next time you want to play with them.  You can even easily put them into "groups" so you can chat to your "sunday group" separate from your " work group".

For the 10 MyGolfSpy users to test this out at no charge, I will need your email address in order to identify you in the database as "complimentary".  I hope you enjoy what we have to offer.  And please give us constructive feedback.

My personal email is heidistriker@gmail.com.  you can also "friend" me on facebook!

As luck would have it, my GPS Watch broke last week, and my 5 year old sky caddie is not very reliable so I find myself in the mood to test.  I will email you.  Thanks.

And welcome to the forum.

Would love to give it a try Heidi...I'll email you also.

It doesn't look like my attachment got into my post.  Sorry.  For anyone that wants to download the app.  It is a free download at either the apple or google stores under STRIKER GOLF GPS.  You have 5 free tries before the app prompts you to buy the pro version.  For my 10 volunteers, I am overriding that prompt.  You can also look at our facebook page for more images. www.facebook.com/strikergolfgps

Thanks, Heidi!  Give the app a shot.  I believe Paul S. wanted to try it out as well.

Thanks, Heidi!  Give the app a shot.  I believe Paul S. wanted to try it out as well.

Yep, I'm on that.

I am unable to try this app out.  Not Strikers fault.  IOS7 uses Apple maps where previous IOS use Google Maps.  My course is updated on Google Maps but not Apple.  Not only that, i found out today, that IOS7 does not work at all outside my house, so I have bigger problems that this app.

Thanks Striker for the opportunity.

I am unable to try this app out.  Not Strikers fault.  IOS7 uses Apple maps where previous IOS use Google Maps.  My course is updated on Google Maps but not Apple.  Not only that, i found out today, that IOS7 does not work at all outside my house, so I have bigger problems that this app.

Thanks Striker for the opportunity.

Thanks for trying.  I am even more sorry about your phone!  Try it on another course at your leisure or simply use the live scorecard for you match play or Ryder Cups.  You still have an unlimited version!

Thx

- H

Thanks for trying.  I am even more sorry about your phone!  Try it on another course at your leisure or simply use the live scorecard for you match play or Ryder Cups.  You still have an unlimited version!

Thx

- H

Maybe this will clear up in a week or so, but iOS7, I downloaded on Wednesday, has really messed up my phone.  No golf app works outside of my house.  (Don't play a lot of indoor golf, at least not where I keep score.)  Also, I have some other apps that are not working properly outside.  Thank you for your help.

To everyone else, I will say that Heidi, et al, went out of their way to help me out.

This sounds great. I'm tempted to try it. But one, I'm not one to fiddle with my phone during a round and it's kinda hard to see in the daylight. But two, I just haven't been out often enough this year to give it a fair chance. I may come back to the idea if I get more chances this fall.

Welcome to the forum though, and great avatar pic BTW.

This sounds great. I'm tempted to try it. But one, I'm not one to fiddle with my phone during a round and it's kinda hard to see in the daylight. But two, I just haven't been out often enough this year to give it a fair chance. I may come back to the idea if I get more chances this fall.

Welcome to the forum though, and great avatar pic BTW.

You think I look like an avatar?!  Thats my favorite pic.  Thanks for commenting though :)  I agree with not fiddling with an app during golf for some.  Try fiddling with the scorecard and live scoring though.  I believe the scorecard will make your life easier-  no more counting your scores or your adversaries scores.

You think I look like an avatar?! Thats my favorite pic. Thanks for commenting though :) I agree with not fiddling with an app during golf for some. Try fiddling with the scorecard and live scoring though. I believe the scorecard will make your life easier- no more counting your scores or your adversaries scores.

Haha! No you don't look like an avatar. Guess I should have called it a profile pic. Either way it's a good one!

Just checked...the updated software doesn't call it an avatar pic anymore so you might not have seen it referred to as that when you set your profile up.

Haha! No you don't look like an avatar. Guess I should have called it a profile pic. Either way it's a good one!

Just checked...the updated software doesn't call it an avatar pic anymore so you might not have seen it referred to as that when you set your profile up.

Thank god! My pics go downhill from there.  LOL

Looks like iOS7 is causing lots of problems with lots of things.  Rick, did you download the recent bugfix?  

That said, I had a few questions about the app itself (as I'm on iOS7 as well, I'll have to wait too, plus I'm waiting on my new 5s too).  

How many courses are available in the database, or do you have a count yet?

Is there any integration as far as tracking bets or other games such as WOLF, or similar(our gambling consists of a lot of WOLF type games)?

Are there other views aside from the singular one I saw on the site (ie, can one go to a closer zoomed view of the green or fairway at certain points, etc)?

Is there an ability to go in and mark points on a course that's currently not available (for example the GPS app I use currently has a PC downloadable program in which I can go in, find a course by inputting it's name or address and plotting the course out in the event it's not currently mapped.  Several of the courses I play around here are in more rural areas so this makes the app functional still as I can go in and map it out to have yardages in the event it's not mapped currently.  Plot things like tee box, green (center front and rear), fairway/dogleg bend points, etc.  This requires one to have played the course, of course, but it's useful to me).

Looks like iOS7 is causing lots of problems with lots of things.  Rick, did you download the recent bugfix?  

That said, I had a few questions about the app itself (as I'm on iOS7 as well, I'll have to wait too, plus I'm waiting on my new 5s too).  

How many courses are available in the database, or do you have a count yet?

Is there any integration as far as tracking bets or other games such as WOLF, or similar(our gambling consists of a lot of WOLF type games)?

Are there other views aside from the singular one I saw on the site (ie, can one go to a closer zoomed view of the green or fairway at certain points, etc)?

Is there an ability to go in and mark points on a course that's currently not available (for example the GPS app I use currently has a PC downloadable program in which I can go in, find a course by inputting it's name or address and plotting the course out in the event it's not currently mapped.  Several of the courses I play around here are in more rural areas so this makes the app functional still as I can go in and map it out to have yardages in the event it's not mapped currently.  Plot things like tee box, green (center front and rear), fairway/dogleg bend points, etc.  This requires one to have played the course, of course, but it's useful to me).

Thanks Plano for your post.  Let me try to answer some of your questions.  Let me start by first expressing our appreciation for ANY feedback as it helps us understand your ideas and the behavior of the typical golfer.

1.  While I can't say that the problem with the google vs. iphone maps is isolated to Rick, this is the first time we have had anyone bring up this problem.  And in general, the iphone apps are pretty accurate.  We are verifying next week with apple any new updates on their end.

2.  We have a database 18 thousand courses in the U.S.  Most people in the industry know that when companies report 30 thousand courses worldwide, they are exaggerating as the courses outside of the United States are usually inaccurate and rely on local markers.  That said, we fully recognize that even our 18 thousand courses have errors and will over time be rectified..... which leads to the answer to your other question...

3.  We are in the process of making an interface for you to update and/or add courses on our website.  This will be completed in the next few weeks.  We did not want to plot every point on the course.  Because our touchpoint arrow distances allow you to measure any distance on the course exactly.  We simply want you to have 2 abilities.  Know the front middle back distances.  And touch any other point for that distance.  In our opinion, this is the downside CLUTTER of apps like golfshot and golflogix.

4.  We do not presently have betting games such as wolf, skins, or nassaus.  Believe it or not, that was one of the first goals that we had.  And as you can see from our unique scorecard, it can easily be integrated.  We did not want to make our screens and algorythms too complicated in our first version for fear of scaring people off.  

5.  One of the nicest features of the touchpoint distance arrows on the GPS is the ability to zoom in on the green, push the point on the green that you want to hit, and measure that EXACT distance.  Its up to you to hit the spot though :)

Hi Heidi, I don't know if you're at ten yet, but I would like to give it a go, if any slots are left.

Oh, I'm at

Sluggo42 at yahoo dot com

I also have the new iOS 7.0.2 on a 4S iPhone... I currently use golfshot...

Thanks

I'm currently uploading the new bug fix. I haven't been real happy with the new ios7 either...

Seems to slow everything down

I used the app today for the first time with Ryan (Vesti Ascendi) and to be completely honest, I was VERY impressed. It's an excellent GPS with some highly entertaining and unique added features. More to follow, as soon as I write something up. I'll probably wait until I used it a few more times. Really, it's a lot more fun to use than my other go-to GPS.

Hi Heidi, I don't know if you're at ten yet, but I would like to give it a go, if any slots are left.

I would love you to try it out.  Can you send me your email address?