Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

(INFOGRAPHIC) What Clubs Win On The PGA Tour in 2013

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

Absolutely...Tiger played a big role in Nike's year, but when you consider competitor's models are based off spread (as much in play as is possible), and Nike still managed to rank top 3 in EVERY category...it gives you a sense of the potential shift in the equipment market, especially when Rory gets back to being Rory. They'll continue to add top talent as it becomes available as well. 

It's absolutely astonishing when you consider the traditions of this game that a company that's been in the game barely 10 years is where it is. 

Just about anyone I say this to thinks I'm insane, but Nike is going to be the #1 Company in Golf at some point in the not-so-distant future. In my mind it's all but a foregone conclusion.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Just about anyone I say this to thinks I'm insane, but Nike is going to be the #1 Company in Golf at some point in the not-so-distant future. In my mind it's all but a foregone conclusion.

I suspect that many inside the golf world, and particularly those of us of a certain age, don't always grasp the size of Nike's footprint in the sports and leisure industry.  As long as the equipment for Joe Hacker meets modest standards for playability, aesthetics and quality (next year's irons might or might not clear that bar), they're going to take over through a process of socialization.

Cleveland Black 10.5*

Ping G15 4W

Cleveland Mashie 18*

Cleveland Mashie 23*

Ping G15 5-W

Eidolon 51*

Ping G20 SW

Mizuno/Bettinardi BC-01

Absolutely...Tiger played a big role in Nike's year, but when you consider competitor's models are based off spread (as much in play as is possible), and Nike still managed to rank top 3 in EVERY category...it gives you a sense of the potential shift in the equipment market, especially when Rory gets back to being Rory. They'll continue to add top talent as it becomes available as well. 

It's absolutely astonishing when you consider the traditions of this game that a company that's been in the game barely 10 years is where it is. 

You are right about getting Rory back to form and keeping Tiger on form. If they both get their together it will be a really good thing for Nike Golf.

When you say they will be #1, do you mean having the #1 players/team, or #1 in sales? I agree they will have the best performing players/team. I am not sure about sales because of TM and CW ability to sell new drivers every couple of months. I could see them becoming more like Titleist, only a little more forward thinking.

Archived