Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Ok, not posted yet, so, Dream Foursome, and Why

JohnBarry

Title say's it all, but of course you can't pick four people, because you won't get to play! I will start it off:

Me, Jennifer Aniston, Lucy Lui, and Miss Taiwan (any year will do)

ok, now that my joke is out of the way, here is my real one:

My Grandfather (God rest his soul), Me, Arnold Palmer and Fred Couples

Arnold and Fred should need no explaining why i choose them, both of them are legends and great ambassadors of the game. My Grandfather, Papa, who passed away about 8 years ago, but wasn't able to play for many years before that. A former Bow Creek Country Club Champ for 4 years, a flair for dressing, quick with a joke, and always funny and fun to be around. The thing I regret the most was not taking up golf when I was younger, and he was playing. He introduced me to golf when I was young, and showed me how to hit a driver. He was an icon of 70's golf fashion, sharpest dressing man on any course he played. He had a heart of gold, and I always have felt I let him down by not taking up golf early, and I will always be sorry for that. Love you Papa!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

This is a tough one, John.

My first pick would be my kid brother, Doug, who was taken from us a little over a year ago. We didn't play much golf together up north but after we moved south he was an annual visitor and we got to play some of the best courses together. I really miss that. Doug was a high school and college basketball coach for many years and was inducted into two HOFs.

Doug and I would play Kristy McPherson, my favorite LPGA player, and one of her closest friends, either Angela Stanford or Natalie Gulbis, both great kids.

It's tough to leave Arnie and Jack off any dream list.

Semper Fi

My Club

1997 Tiger Woods

1986 Jack Nicklaus

2025 Emelia Sherman (Future LPGA HOF...and my lovely daughter)

2000 Me.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

This is a tough one, John.

My first pick would be my kid brother, Doug, who was taken from us a little over a year ago. We didn't play much golf together up north but after we moved south he was an annual visitor and we got to play some of the best courses together. I really miss that. Doug was a high school and college basketball coach for many years and was inducted into two HOFs.

Doug and I would play Kristy McPherson, my favorite LPGA player, and one of her closest friends, either Angela Stanford or Natalie Gulbis, both great kids.

It's tough to leave Arnie and Jack off any dream list.

Bob, I read that article on Kristy in Golf Week a little while ago. It made me a fan for sure, she seems so down to earth, and family based in her actions and beliefs. Very refreshing. Her ailments in life, and how she plays through the pain is an inspiration to everyone, never even knew about it. I also think she is totally beautiful!!

I assume you have already played with Dustin, since he didn't make the list!!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Kristy has been through a lot and she most definitely is good people.

When I was a member of the TPC I ran into Dustin frequently but never had the opportunity to play with him or really talk with him. It was more of a "Hi, how ya doin'?" relationship. :)

I saw him more when he was at Coastal but he's there quite frequently when he's home. He also plays Wachesaw now and then but it's probably in the afternoon because I've never seen him.

I don't know that i'd want to play with someone who's drives were 100 yards past mine. :)

Speaking of long drives, David Mobley hit one on 9 at the Dye course during the Hootie that had to be 350. I didn't see dustin come through but no other pro even came close to Mobley.

Semper Fi

My Club

The 3 ladies below (minus Howard), for obvious reasons :)

f0019e556f331b833d3b9a08751d7581.jpg

On a slightly more serious level ...

1. Lee Trevino for laughs

2. Bill Murray for even more laughs

3. John Daly for the Hooters after-party :)

Bob, thanks for the update, and we still waiting on pictures from your course!!!

I actually took some last time out with my android phone but I wasn't happy with them.

Next time I'll use my camera.

You can't see the freakin' screen on these phones in bright sunlight.

Semper Fi

My Club

Archived