Different balls for different SS?

RoverRick

Kor A Dor I'm curious as to what ball you'd be loosing distance with because for me the Pro VIx like ball in a company's line is always the longest ball - longer than the mid level ones - the one exception would be the Callaway Warbird but I can't afford to have no control over distance - Doesn't do me any good to hit it 10 yards farther, have 8 iron instead of 7 but hit the 8 140 one time and 130 the next.  I'll take the 7 from 145 every time over that please.

Different swings will produce different results - it could be that a player will always get more distance out of a certain ball while another does well with another ball - perhaps your playing competitors aren't giving up distance after all.  You raise a good point though too - I may like to have the spin option around the green (I do) but that doesn't mean that another player doesn't prefer to have less spin so that he knows how the ball will run out.  That is a perfectly valid short game option and one can be very effective with it.  I need to go with way less loft (at least a 8 iron) to be sure that I'm not going to over spin a long chip.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Kor A Dor I'm curious as to what ball you'd be loosing distance with because for me the Pro VIx like ball in a company's line is always the longest ball - longer than the mid level ones - the one exception would be the Callaway Warbird but I can't afford to have no control over distance - Doesn't do me any good to hit it 10 yards farther, have 8 iron instead of 7 but hit the 8 140 one time and 130 the next. I'll take the 7 from 145 every time over that please.

Different swings will produce different results - it could be that a player will always get more distance out of a certain ball while another does well with another ball - perhaps your playing competitors aren't giving up distance after all. You raise a good point though too - I may like to have the spin option around the green (I do) but that doesn't mean that another player doesn't prefer to have less spin so that he knows how the ball will run out. That is a perfectly valid short game option and one can be very effective with it. I need to go with way less loft (at least a 8 iron) to be sure that I'm not going to over spin a long chip.

I knkw thee aw many here who play PROv1 just so they can have spin on a chip shot, Ive read where his is the case. The V1x has much less spin and more distance off the long clubs, so really for me I would choose the v1x over v1 for the less spin option, but there are other balls for me anyway that give me more distance, and still give me some spin on the greens, but doesn't check like the v1, chrome soft, and SR2. The duo is also a good ball, I just can't get anything out of the tee ball with that one.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Archived