Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Hello From Rainy MN

Good Afternoon All,

Excited to be joining the MyGolfSpy community. Although my demographic would typically make me a prime social media junkie, this is my first real experience with it and no better way than with a group of fellow golfers!

I have been golfing off and on since I was in my early teens, but only within the last four or so years have I realized what a truly great sport it is, and my wife permits it as my one "addiction". Having had the opportunity as a youngster to caddie (and play) at Hazeltine (Chaska, MN) after the 1991 U.S. Open, I wonder how I didn't get addicted sooner. Oh well, live and learn, and then try and pass it on to your kids I figure.

Looking forward to exploring more of the site and forums and growing my knowledge of the game of golf.

I hope everyone has a great holiday weekend, and a special "thank you" to all the veterans out there!

Another Minnesotan in the fold -- Welcome!!!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Welcome from the Pacific Northwest!  Glad you joined up.  Another one!! What is it with golf and Minnesotans with a short season?  Is there something in those 10,000 lakes??

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Welcome to the group! How long is your season up there!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Ben Hogan GS53 3 Wood

PING G425 MAX 5 Wood

Cleveland UHX Launcher 3 Iron

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

We had an early start this year (March) but it's usually mid April to early-mid Nov for golfable weather.  Granted it's not 70 and sunny at the start or end, but if you can't golf when it's 40 degrees you shouldn't be here anyway!

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Thanks for the welcome gents.

Kenny B, haha, no doubt, that and I think my brain freezes a little every winter too...southern climates are looking much better as I get older.

Josmi15, I would say it can be fairly comfortable from April until October (for us northerners comfortable is relative though). With that said, got out on March 11 this year, it was around 70 which was incredible. Rest of the year I "scratch the itch" in indoor simulators...

We're planning a Minneapolis MyGolfSpy Get Together - Round 2 - in the next several weeks - you'll have to join the party!!!

Warning - hckymeyer does NOT leave his home course for any reason!!

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

We're planning a Minneapolis MyGolfSpy Get Together - Round 2 - in the next several weeks - you'll have to join the party!!!

Warning - hckymeyer does NOT leave his home course for any reason!!

Not always true, but close. We have to go to Pheasant Acres for 16-man play next weekend and I do a buddy trip to Duluth in July for a tourney

It's just too easy to hop in the cart and drive to the clubhouse for me to want to play somewhere else. Plus the whole membership thing...

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

That sounds like a great time!Please keep me posted on timing...

There's another thread here from our last get together -- I'll start a new one for the next outing

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

There's another thread here from our last get together -- I'll start a new one for the next outing

Sounds great, I'll be on the look out. Thanks!

Archived