Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Golf Statistic App bebrassie

PGAOLLIE

My bebrassie test

I don't like sensors on the club or belt. I just want to record my game using the phone. Besides, I don't want to have to get my phone out every shot to enter something.

So I tried bebrassie ...

First I have to say that there is a free trial period. I think that's good.

The principle is simple. Go on the tee, start round on the app, put the phone in your pocket and off you go. If you like, you can use a range finder, a yardage book and an electronic scorecard on the phone. I didn't do that because I didn't want to use the phone during the round.

At the end of the round (I only played 9 holes for the test) I finished recording. Then I was asked to enter my score ... which I did (including the number of putts). Okay, I remembered it well.

Then you see a short summary and then upload your round. Until then everything is easy.

But now you have to edit your round. This is necessary to get the advertised Strokes Gained statistics.

The edit process works very intuitive. For each hole you can see the hole from top view. And there is one white dot per shot you made. The putts are already on the green. To make it easier to understand where you made your shots, you get shown your walked way (GPS) and (at least full swings) there are large red circles located where the phone has detected a shot/swing. Now you drag and drop the white dots where you had hit a shot.

During the installation, I have defined my personal shot lengths in the settings, so in the table on the right (on the iPad, on the phone it is synonymous - but I have not tried), the clubs are displayed, which I should have taken for the according distance. For example, I had to change my driver twice, because I hit it so short that bebrassie proposed a wood 5 for me.

I needed more than 10 minutes for the 9-hole round ... but on the first holes I had to look all over the functions to get an overview. I'm sure in the future I'll make it in 5 minutes.

At the end you have to sign your round (like in a tournament) and then get directly to the statistics. And here comes the real value of bebrassie: you get really cool and meaningful statistics. Even though a 9-hole round still does not provide enough data for all categories, bebrassie shows me what a hacker I am ... but I also see that I putt really well.

All in all, bebrassie made a good first impression. But you realize that the developers are sitting in Germany ... real engineers, everything is very precisely adjustable.

Lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

Playing a 9-hole round, I can remember every shot I took, and I know exactly why I am a hacker.  Then I go practice... all for free and no phone.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Archived