New England: ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

1 hour ago, Summit1986 said:

now I live in Somers, Connecticut

Welcome!  I actually work nearby in Ellington, CT.  Used to play a charity scramble tourney every year at Cedar Knob, but it changed venue 5+ years ago.  I work no more than 5 minutes from it, but haven't ever golfed my own ball there.

Callaway Ai Smoke Max 10.5

Callaway Mavrik Max 3W

Callaway Rogue X 5h

Taylormade P770 6-PW

Callaway MD5 50, Jaws Raw 56, Taylormade Hi Toe 60 LB

Odyssey White Hot Versa 12S

4 hours ago, Summit1986 said:

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

• I started playing in high school when i was 15 or so. My parents signed me up for a summer clinic program at Bluff Point in Plattsburgh, NY and I went on to play one season (turns out I was a much better distance runner than golfer) in high school in Peru, NY. I wasn't a great golfer back then not much has changed in 20 so years. I really need to get more consistent. My handicap is in the upper 20's, hopefully I can bring that down over the next few years.

What do you love about golf?

• I love being outside and staying active. You can get out there and play solo or play a round with friends or coworkers and just focus on your own game. I was never great at team sports growing up and was drawn to golf. It's probably the same reason I took so well to distance running and ended up running cross country in both high school and college.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

• I came looking for reviews from everyday Joes on new equipment, especially as I'm starting to look at new irons within the next year. I don't know anyone her, at least to my knowledge. 

Where are you from? What is your home course?

• I spent much of my youth at the northern edge of the Adirondack Park in New York, but now I live in Somers, Connecticut with my wife and 2 kids. Most of my playing time is at the Ledges Golf Club in South Hadley, MA, where our company league plays each week throughout the summer months. Closest curse to home in Cedar Knob in Somers, CT.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

• Winter really puts a damper on staying consistent and I probably spend a good 2 weeks just getting back the muscle memory each spring. That being said, the summers can be a bit less harsh than other parts of the country and the scenery is often picturesque in this region. 

What do you do for a living?

• Quality Control Manager for a Construction Manager. I'm also a licensed Professional Engineer, but don't utilize that as much as I used to. 

How’d you pick your user name?

• I've been using this username since high school. It's the name of the street I grew up on followed by my birth year. Also helps that I was very active with hiking, skiing, mountain biking and rock climbing in the Adirondacks back then.

Welcome to the Forum!

TSR1, 9*, TPT Nitro 17 Lo

TSR1, 15*, TPT Power Range Fairway 17 Lo 

TSR2, Hybrid, 18*, TPT Power Range Hybrid 17 Lo 

T-200, (2023), 5-PW,  SteelFiber, i95cw, S 

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

Odyssey JAILBIRD 380 Limited Edition

ELIXR (2022), MaxFli Tour S (2024)

Welcome to MGS!

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

On 9/3/2024 at 7:28 AM, KCEE said:

Got out to CT National yesterday with several friends. Only 1 of us had heard of it before the mention here, but he lives only 30 minutes from it while the rest of us are about 90 minutes away. I liked it a lot although my friends not so much. Maybe because I shot 81 and they were mid 90's lol. It was maybe overly hyped by another buddy of ours and it wasn't as gorgeous as he made it out to be, but it is a great place. 

We could not figure the greens out there and apparently they like to tuck flags as much as my home course. A # of pins were < 6 ft from the edges.  I 3-jacked 5-6 times and the rest of my group was more like 8-9 times.  Still a fun day and the course was in great shape. Price is "high", but only by about $5 compared to similar courses. Not sure I'll drive the 1.5 hours there and back soon, but glad I got play it. Probably a good thing I 3-putted so many times or it could have been a PB for me and then I'd want to go more often lol. 

That is an interesting sounding round.  I have seen a couple of tight cups over the rounds I played there, but not like that.  My home course in FL has hole placement like that all the time; between being inside the length of a flag stick from the edge and on slopes that they should not be cut on (this is just every day, not tournament set up) it is pretty frustrating and gets many comments from regulars and guests alike. We try to look at it from the point that we will never be surprised by a pin position during a tournament. I am not sure whether the kid cutting the hole has ever had any training on hole location or not, though I played with one young fellow who said he was one of the guys who cut them and he was aware.  Manchester CC used to be a great little track. Anyway, aside from that I did not get over there this year.  Allendale was in great condition and so was Acushnet.  Acushnet is a trip and a half for you and your playing buddies, but if you are looking for a weekend trip and 36 holes, you might consider heading that way. The price at Acushnet if very attractive. I never seem to be able to get to the Hartford area during golf season these days, but I need to.

• Driver - Ping G400 9°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 65 gr. 
  • FW - TM M3 3-wood 15°, Project-X HZRDUS Red 6.0 75 gr. mid-spin
  • Hybrid - TM M4 19°, Project-X Evenflow Black 6.0S 85 gr. HY 
  • Irons - TM P790, 3-PW, Oban CT-115, PXG 311 P Gen 6
  • Wedges - Mizuno T20 Ion blue 52/9 & 56/14, N.S. Pro Modus3 S-flex
  • Putter - Evnroll ER2 Garsen Max grip
  • Getting a grip - oversize Winn DryTacs and Bionic gloves
  • Ball - ProV1, AVX, Maxfli Tour, PXG
  • Bag(s)/cart - Vessel Player III Rovic RV1S and Alphard V2

From Beverly, MA and been playing golf in the Northeast for 20+ years. My WITB;

Driver: Epic Speed TD 9, Ventus Blue 6S

Hybrid: Callaway Apex Uw 17, UST V2

Utility: 3/4 New Level NLU-001, UST V2

Irons: New Level 902, TT Elevate Tour X

Wedges: TM MG3 50, 54, 58

Putter: Toulon Columbus 

Ball: Maxfli Tour

95924096-822D-4C42-B8B9-EA70924E7E23.jpeg

1 minute ago, Bandrews said:

Welcome!

Vokey Design - 50 & 54, SteelFiber i95cw S, and Vokey S10 - 46 & 58, SteelFiber i95cw S

8 hours ago, Bandrews said:

Welcome!

WITB-

Driver  -Titleist 910D, 3w- Titleist 910F, 5hy/7hy- Titleist 910H, 6-PW - Stix , 52⁰, 56⁰, 60⁰ - Stix , Putter- AI-ONE DB / Lombardi Tour 34 custom

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

I took my first golf lessons when I was 7 or 8 which means I've been playing for about 50 years. Didn't start playing seriously until somewhere around 2000. Currently sporting an index of 6.

For starters.... Everything. (Hat tip Almost Famous)

Don't know any other spies (that I'm aware of) but have followed the MGS reviews for a while.  Thought it might be interesting to test some stuff.

I live just west of Boston. No specific home course, but play with The TOUR of Greater Boston (www.golfthetour.com) a club without real estate. I currently serve as the Chairman of the Rules Committee.

Best - Lots of quality courses within an hour.  Worst - Winter and Leaves.

Technical Software Sales - Public Safety Sector

By Height

Of Note:  I play Right-handed, but putt left-handed. 

WITB
Driver: :titleist-small: TSR3 - 9* (adaptor set to 9.75*) w/ Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6-S
Wood: :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 wood 14* w/ LA Golf RXR 65S shaft
Hybrid: :cleveland-small: Halo 19* w/Aldila NV Hybrid 105-S (circa 2004?)
Irons: :taylormade-small:P-790 (2017) 4-9, PW (45*), AW (50*) w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 120-S Steel
Wedges: :cleveland-small:RTX4 54/10 MID grind w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 120-S Steel
                :cleveland-small:RTX6 58/10 MID grind w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 120-S Steel
Putter: :odyssey-small:Ai-One Cruiser Jailbird (Left-Handed) - 38" w/ Odyssesy Stroke Lab SL 140 shaft
Balls: :taylormade-small: TP5x (Sometimes pix versions)
:Arccos: User with LinkPro

This is the first Ive ever heard of the tour thats a really interesting idea. 

Driver:   G425 Max w/Hzardous im10
Fairway:  M4 3 wood w/fujikura atmos Cobra LTDx 5 wood w/hzrdous im10 shaft
Hybrids:  G425  max 3 hybrid w/alta cb      
Irons:      P790 4-pw  w/ dynamic gold 95
Wedge:   50 degree MG4 54/58 degree MG3 w/dynamic gold r300
Putter:   white hot versa double bend seven 

2 hours ago, mpmat said:

I took my first golf lessons when I was 7 or 8 which means I've been playing for about 50 years. Didn't start playing seriously until somewhere around 2000. Currently sporting an index of 6.

Don't know any other spies (that I'm aware of) but have followed the MGS reviews for a while.  Thought it might be interesting to test some stuff.

I live just west of Boston. No specific home course, but play with The TOUR of Greater Boston (www.golfthetour.com) a club without real estate. I currently serve as the Chairman of the Rules Committee.

By Height

Welcome to the Forum!

23 hours ago, jayyarr said:

This is the first Ive ever heard of the tour thats a really interesting idea. 

The TOUR is great.  Been playing on it for almost 20 years. Fantastic course list.

WITB
Driver: :titleist-small: TSR3 - 9* (adaptor set to 9.75*) w/ Fujikura Ventus Blue TR 6-S
Irons: :taylormade-small:P-790 (2017) 4-9, PW (45*), AW (50*) w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 120-S Steel
Putter: :odyssey-small:Ai-One Cruiser Jailbird (Left-Handed) - 38" w/ Odyssesy Stroke Lab SL 140 shaft

On 9/23/2024 at 3:49 PM, mpmat said:

By Height

Welcome! Very curious about this tour. You sound close to me and @GolfSpy_BOS we are just west of bottom in Bellingham 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!

2 hours ago, mpmat said:

The TOUR is great.  Been playing on it for almost 20 years. Fantastic course list.

That course list is outstanding at least looking at this season. It looks like you played my home course in April. Blue Hill in canton 

Driver:   G425 Max w/Hzardous im10
Fairway:  M4 3 wood w/fujikura atmos Cobra LTDx 5 wood w/hzrdous im10 shaft
Hybrids:  G425  max 3 hybrid w/alta cb      
Irons:      P790 4-pw  w/ dynamic gold 95
Wedge:   50 degree MG4 54/58 degree MG3 w/dynamic gold r300
Putter:   white hot versa double bend seven 

15 hours ago, GolfSpy_SHARK said:

Welcome! Very curious about this tour. You sound close to me and @GolfSpy_BOS we are just west of bottom in Bellingham 

We should get together for a round. I'm in Needham so not too far from you two.

WITB

@mpmat - Welcome to MGS! BTW, although we have lived in Warwick, RI for nearly 40-years, my wife is from Needham and our younger daughter and family live in Dedham. 

Ping G400 Max 10.5* - Alta CB SR flex 

Ping G425 SFT 5W (19*) - Alta CB Slate SR flex 

Ping Anser 4H (23*) - TFC 800H regular flex

Ping G430 5H (26*), 6H (30*) and 7H (34*)- Alta CB 70 regular flex

Ping G710 8i-GW - Recoil 80 F3 shaft 

Ping Glide 3.0 Eye-2 grind 56* - Recoil 80 F3 shaft, ChipR - Alta CB regular flex shaft

Odyssey Tri-hot 5K Seven DB  

Other: Vice Pro or Snell Prime 3.0; Shot Scope X5; True Linkswear; Callaway Org 7 bag; Clicgear 3.5+

Did a Member Review on Argolf's Pendragon XL Broomstick putter. 

3 hours ago, mpmat said:

We should get together for a round. I'm in Needham so not too far from you two.

Always up for a round! Shoot me a message we can figure something out that works 

Check out my reviews:

:ping-small:  G710 Irons Official Review I :Fuji: MC Shaft & :EVNROLL: V Series Putter Official Review

:cobra-small: 2022 Forged Tec's Official Review I Logo.png.7f297574516267afc6959b36be364cf9.pngNitron Push Cart Official Review

WITB:

Weapons of grass destruction (link to WITB)

:ping-small: Traverse is filled with all this shiny metal and tracked by :Arccos:

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 8* - MotoreX F1 6X :taylormade-small: SIM 3W - Project X HZRDUS Green

:titleist-small: U505 Driving Iron 17* - Project X HZRDUS Black :cobra-small: SpeedZone 4H - Project X HZRDUS Black

:cobra-small: 2022 King Forged Tec's 4-PW - KBS $ Tape 130 :titelist-small: 48 (SM8), 52 & 60 (SM7) - Nippon Modus 125 S 

:EVNROLL: ER2VI :titelist-small: PROV1X #19 

Are you a veteran? Check out the Veterans Golf Association (VGA) Thread!