Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

South Central: NM, OK, AR, TX, LA, MS

Message added by GolfSpy_APH,

Don't forget to check out our Community Map for members close by and course reviews!
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/communitymap/

In addition be sure to do your own course reviews so others know what courses are worth going to and what ones should be avoided if in the area!

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/49345-2022-mgs-forum-changes/

Has a guide as to how to add your marker and course reviews!

42 minutes ago, panhndl said:

Man!  Y'all aren't very welcoming 🤣

I often miss these threads because I'm Europe based so from all the way here welcome!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

1 hour ago, panhndl said:

Man!  Y'all aren't very welcoming 🤣

Hah! I think most people post in here (or their equivalent - I'm in CA) and then completely forget that it exists, as there are so many other threads to be involved with.  Welcome to the forum! 🙂 Some really great, active threads going on - If you haven't seen it, there's a "stream" thread that shows everything recently posted - it's how I stumbled on this.  Super helpful for keeping your hands in the pot, and getting a sense of where people are currently engaged.  

Here's hoping your winter ends soon so you can get back out onto the course!

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

On 1/17/2023 at 12:37 PM, GolfSpy_SAM said:

Hah! I think most people post in here (or their equivalent - I'm in CA) and then completely forget that it exists, as there are so many other threads to be involved with.  Welcome to the forum! 🙂 Some really great, active threads going on - If you haven't seen it, there's a "stream" thread that shows everything recently posted - it's how I stumbled on this.  Super helpful for keeping your hands in the pot, and getting a sense of where people are currently engaged.  

Here's hoping your winter ends soon so you can get back out onto the course!

Thanks for the heads up on the stream thread.  It took me a while to find it but it’s nice.

Driver: Ping G425 Max 10.5 Fujikara Speeder NX 50r

#3, #5, #7 fairway woods 1 Iron Golf

5-LW irons 1 Iron Golf

Scotty Cameron Del Mar

Lefties Rule!

• 4 weeks later...

How long have you been playing golf?  Off and on 10 years

What’s your handicap or normal score? Probably 15 hcp usually Mid to low 80’s        

What do you love about golf? Hanging out with good friends and being outdoors  

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I enjoy all the golf content and seeing other people’s view on golf.  

Do you already know any other Spies?  No

Where are you from? What is your home course? Batesville, Ar Coopers Hawk

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Wet Winters , Hot Humid Horrible Summers

What do you do for a living? Build dirt modifieds and dirt late models

How’d you pick your user name? My dirt car number is 31m

On 2/16/2023 at 10:20 AM, Team31m said:

How long have you been playing golf?  Off and on 10 years

What’s your handicap or normal score? Probably 15 hcp usually Mid to low 80’s        

What do you love about golf? Hanging out with good friends and being outdoors  

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I enjoy all the golf content and seeing other people’s view on golf.  

Do you already know any other Spies?  No

Where are you from? What is your home course? Batesville, Ar Coopers Hawk

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Wet Winters , Hot Humid Horrible Summers

What do you do for a living? Build dirt modifieds and dirt late models

How’d you pick your user name? My dirt car number is 31m

Welcome.  I’m new around here, myself.  Lots of good folks and good conversations.

5-LW irons 1 Iron Golf

Scotty Cameron Del Mar

Lefties Rule!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello I am Jeff and I am a retired military veteran. I retired for good this past year and moved to Texas.
1. How long have you been playing golf? I started as a caddie when I was thirteen years old.

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? My current handicap index is a 6, but it will get better this year.

3. What do you love about golf? The challenge of this game and internal battle within yourself never ends. Each round you learn more about the game and yourself. 

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I had been reading the product reviews and wanted more of that type of feedback on the game we all love.

5. Do you already know any other Spies? I don’t know any spies.

6. Where are you from? What is your home course? I traveled the world when I was in the military. However now in retirement, I am in Georgetown, Texas. We have three courses to play here in Sun City Texas.

7. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best thing, there's tons of courses. worst thing, everyone rides. I wish more people would walk. I enjoy the small talk between shots and holes while we walk

8. What do you do for a living? I am now fully retired. 

9. How’d you pick your user name? Task Force Javelins was my last military unit overseas. 
In my bag: Driver PXG 9 degree 0811x Proto with Hazard Yellow Smoke stiff, 3 Wood PXG Gen 5 Hazard Yellow Smoke extra-stiff, PXG Hybrids 17, 22, 25 degrees Gen 3 Hazard Smoke Black stiff, PXG Gen 5 irons with Dynamic Gold 120 stiff 6, 7, 8, 9, PW, GW all 2 degrees flat. PXG 54 and 58 degree wedges with Dynamic Gold 120 stiff 1 degree flat and decorated with the American Flag. Putter LA Putter 2 degrees flat all black. Why these clubs? Because of the deal of the PXG Hero’s Program and personally I love these clubs!

Play like a champion today!

• 2 weeks later...

1. How long have you been playing golf? 50 years, I started my junior year of high school.
2.What’s your handicap or normal score? 7.5
3. What do you love about golf?  I enjoy the challenge of the really hard game. Just trying to get better and competing against myself.  
4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I enjoy the product reviews, particularly balls and clubs.
5. Do you already know any other Spies? No.
6. Where are you from? Houston, TX
7. What is your home course? Lake Windcrest (Magnolia, TX)
8. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Lots of good courses in the area. Weather allows year-round play, assuming you can deal with the summer heat!
9. What do you do for a living? Retired (from Information Technology)
10. How’d you pick your user name? Just something that wasn't taken.

default_ping-small.jpg  G400 10.5 Mitsubishi KuroKage 60 S

default_ping-small.jpg  G430 Max 15.0 RDX Smoke Red 55 R

default_ping-small.jpg  G430 Max 18.0  RDX Smoke Red 55 R

default_ping-small.jpg  G430 Max 21.0  RDX Smoke Red 55 R

default_ping-small.jpg  G430 5-PW, 50*  Ping Alta CB AWT R

default_callaway-small.jpg  Jaws 54* 10S grind Ping Alta CB AWT R

default_callaway-small.jpg  Jaws 58* 12X grind Ping Alta CB AWT R

1937606363_Screenshot2022-11-1321.28.32.  Brandon Gen 2 SuperStroke Tour 2.0

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2023 at 8:54 AM, Javs said:

Hello I am Jeff and I am a retired military veteran. I retired for good this past year and moved to Texas.
1. How long have you been playing golf? I started as a caddie when I was thirteen years old.

2. What’s your handicap or normal score? My current handicap index is a 6, but it will get better this year.

3. What do you love about golf? The challenge of this game and internal battle within yourself never ends. Each round you learn more about the game and yourself. 

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I had been reading the product reviews and wanted more of that type of feedback on the game we all love.

5. Do you already know any other Spies? I don’t know any spies.

6. Where are you from? What is your home course? I traveled the world when I was in the military. However now in retirement, I am in Georgetown, Texas. We have three courses to play here in Sun City Texas.

7. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best thing, there's tons of courses. worst thing, everyone rides. I wish more people would walk. I enjoy the small talk between shots and holes while we walk

8. What do you do for a living? I am now fully retired. 

9. How’d you pick your user name? Task Force Javelins was my last military unit overseas. 
In my bag: Driver PXG 9 degree 0811x Proto with Hazard Yellow Smoke stiff, 3 Wood PXG Gen 5 Hazard Yellow Smoke extra-stiff, PXG Hybrids 17, 22, 25 degrees Gen 3 Hazard Smoke Black stiff, PXG Gen 5 irons with Dynamic Gold 120 stiff 6, 7, 8, 9, PW, GW all 2 degrees flat. PXG 54 and 58 degree wedges with Dynamic Gold 120 stiff 1 degree flat and decorated with the American Flag. Putter LA Putter 2 degrees flat all black. Why these clubs? Because of the deal of the PXG Hero’s Program and personally I love these clubs!

On 3/12/2023 at 1:14 PM, Mark1971 said:

1. How long have you been playing golf? 50 years, I started my junior year of high school.
2.What’s your handicap or normal score? 7.5
3. What do you love about golf?  I enjoy the challenge of the really hard game. Just trying to get better and competing against myself.  
4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I enjoy the product reviews, particularly balls and clubs.
5. Do you already know any other Spies? No.
6. Where are you from? Houston, TX
7. What is your home course? Lake Windcrest (Magnolia, TX)
8. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Lots of good courses in the area. Weather allows year-round play, assuming you can deal with the summer heat!
9. What do you do for a living? Retired (from Information Technology)
10. How’d you pick your user name? Just something that wasn't taken.

Welcome guys.  This thread is pretty slow and I didn't notice your posts until now.   Lot's of good content and talk around here so enjoy your time.

5-LW irons 1 Iron Golf

Scotty Cameron Del Mar

Lefties Rule!

• How long have you been playing golf?
    • Since junior high but in earnest once I hit college. That's around 20 years at this point... 😒
  • What’s your handicap or normal score?
    • Last handicap I had was 16.5, but with two young boys under 3 years old, I'm hitting around mid 80s on my usual courses
  • What do you love about golf?
    • Where to start... the competitiveness in each and every round. It'll never be conquered and that's beautiful. You can always improve. One shot can get you back on the course for your next round.
  • What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?
    • I have followed along after seeing some Most Wanted lists a long while ago. I enjoy keeping up with the content you produce, and I thought it is about time for me to join a golf community.

Looking forward to posting and reviewing products soon!

• Where are you from? What is your home course?
    • Out in West Texas/Lubbock TX area
    • Anything public course in Lubbock. Looking to join Levelland CC soon.
  • What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?
    • Best - ball goes a country mile; Worst - ball can go a country mile when you want 100 yd
  • What do you do for a living?
    • Remote work as an analyst
  • How’d you pick your user name?
    • Nickname given to me. Also Big Country. I'm 6'8", 300+ lbs

IMG_3173.jpeg

Driver:    Cobra King F9 10.5*
3-Wood:    Callaway XR 
3-Hybrid:  Cobra fly-z 19*
Irons:     Titleist AP1 714 - 4-P

Wedges:    Cleveland CBX2 Black Satin 52.12*,56.12* -- Titleist Vokey SM6 Jet Black 60K*
Putter:    Scotty Cameron Golo 3
Balls:     Titleist Pro-V1
GPS:       Bushnell Wingman

All clubs lengthened 2"

1. How long have you been playing golf? 
About 7 years, started playing my freshman year of college after some friends dragged me and I got hooked.
2.What’s your handicap or normal score? 84-89 (11.2)
3. What do you love about golf?

I enjoy how you can play for every mood. Calm, competitive, or just to waste the day away.
4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? 

I have been reading the articles for a while now. I enjoy the research and catching the weekly deals.
5. Do you already know any other Spies? Not yet.
6. Where are you from? 

Brandon, MS
7. What is your home course? 
Baypointe 
8. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?
The best thing is that you can play year round. The worst thing is that the courses are either good ole boys clubs (where they let the members do whatever they want but enforce strict rules on others) or they are extremely expensive.
9. What do you do for a living? 

I am a teacher/coach at a local high school.
10. How’d you pick your user name? It's an username I use for just about everything.

WITB (Lefty)
Driver:   :callaway-small:Rogue w/ Tensei White 65 X Stiff Shaft 

Wood:    :callaway-small: Rogue 3 Wood 15 degree w/ Synergy Blue 60 R Shaft

Hybrids: :callaway-small: RAZR X 2 Hybrid 18 degree w/ Regular flex stock shaft

Fusion FT 3 Hybrid 20 degree w/ Aldila NVS Stiff

Irons:    :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5-Gap

Wedge:  :cleveland-small: 588 Chrome 56 degree

RTX 60 degree

Putter:   :scotty-small: Select GOLO

Balls:     :titleist-small: ProV1 or :maxfli: Tour X

1. How long have you been playing golf? I have been playing golf for 10 years

2.What’s your handicap?+1.8

3. What do you love about golf? I love that it is outdoors and the competitiveness of tournament play.

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? The reviews from people that are not on staff with a company brought me to MyGolfSpy.

5. Do you already know any other Spies? not yet, but would love to me up with any spies in my area and play.

6. Where are you from? I am from gretna, louisiana.

8. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? One of the best things about golfing in my region are you can golf year round, and one of the worst things is the amount of rain and the humidity that we have.

WITB:

driver: 10.5° sim 2

3wood: 15° sim titanium

3 hybrid: 20° titlest tsi3

irons: srixon 965 p-7, 765 6-4

Wedges: 50°&55° Cleveland rtx 4, 60° titlest sm7

Putter: at the moment a rotation between a edel and a scotty cameron.

• 3 weeks later...

New member with my first post.

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?
    • Since the days when the woods were made with real woods. 
    • Currently 13.7 handicap but it can go +/- 5 without notice. (more to the + side..)
  2. What do you love about golf?
    • When I was younger, golf was about getting better and always trying to beat my lowest score.  Now it's not about the score but more about spending quality time with my friends, getting the exercise and truly enjoying the game of golf regardless of how I shoot.
    • Short list of what I love about golf
      • How I can shoot 93 one day then 83 the following week.
      • Par saves after slicing your drive in the trees.
      • Hole-outs from 100 yds for a triple after 2 balls in the water.
      • Not finding my ball in the woods/water but coming out with three pro V1's
  3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?
    • GolfSpy has always been my go to for the unbiased reviews on all types of equipment.  I love the feedbacks and opinions from the everyday golfers like me.
  4. Where are you from? What is your home course?
    • Grew up in Orange County, CA and currently living in North Dallas area in TX
    • Can't nail down one home course...  I normally play Sundays at different courses throughout Dallas area.
  5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?
    • Best:  Affordable green fees, good number of courses to choose from within 30 min drive from home
    • Worst:  100+ days of 100+ degree weather in summer, rock hard fairways in winter
  6. What do you do for a living?
    • International Sales for sports nutrition company
  7. How’d you pick your user name?
    • Because every year they come out with clubs that are longer, more forgiving, less spin, more spin, tighter dispersion, etc... which makes the clubs I bought last year outdated.
    • And it takes an entire year to save enough money from my wife's weekly allowance to upgrade my clubs

IMG_3348.JPG

• Driver (9):  Taylormade Stealth 2 Plus+, Tour AD-DI 7S
  • 3 Wood (15):  Callaway Paradym Triple Diamond, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7S
  • 3 Hybrid (19): TM Stealth 2 Rescue, Fujikura Ventus TR Red IH 7S
  • 3 Iron (20):  Callaway 2023 Great Big Bertha 4 iron, KBS PGI 80S 
  • Irons (4-PW):  Miura KM-700 (1 degree strong), Aerotech Steelfiber Private Reserve i95 S
  • Wedges:  50-10S & 56-10S - Callaway Jaws Raw:  60-08M - Vokey SM9
  • Putter: Scotty Cameron Special Select Squareback 2, BGT Stability Tour2 Polar shaft
  • Bag: Vessel Lux XV Cart
  • Balls: TM Tour Response Stripe, TM TP5, Callaway Chrome Soft X
  • Gloves: PXG, G/Fore
  • Shoes:  Ecco Biom H4, G/Fore Gallivanter

• 2 weeks later...

well I will introduce myself my names Blaine 

How long have you been playing golf? I started when I moved to Arkansas because we moved onto a golf course the links Springdale 

What’s your handicap or normal score? I normally shoot anywhere from +1 to +4 

What do you love about golf? The mental aspect of it knowing there is a thousand different ways to play a course but playing the shots you hit and it’s always challenging plus I love being outside 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I was looking for a place that gave unbiased reviews and to learn more about this game I have came to love 

Do you already know any other Spies? No

Where are you from? Joplin MO but I live in Springdale AR now 
What is your home course? The links Springdale 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? all the different courses there are in NWA is probably the best the worst would have to be the weather it’s always changing hour to hour it could be a sunny beautiful day and a hour later your getting rained on 

What do you do for a living? I am a CNC engineering technician basically I set machines up for operators to run along with doing some prototype work 

How’d you pick your user name? My name I’m not very original 

if your around my area I’m always up for playing and learning just let me know 

Ogio bag

Driver: Cobra LTDX

3 wood: PING 425 max

Irons 5-U : PING G710s

52 bent to 51 vokey 

54: vokey 

58 degree: Callaway jaws 

putter: Wilson harmonized v2 / testing   Odessy AI- ONE Double Wide    

• 3 weeks later...

1. How long have you been playing golf? Oof, since I was a kid. Golf was always just for fun and my parents would drop me off with enough money for a round and snack, and pick me up at the end of the day. So probably 28 years I’ve been playing (39 now
2.What’s your handicap or normal score? I’m an 11.4 and really questing for that single digit. Recently gave up coaching HS baseball and getting rid of hitting fungos has significantly improved my golf swing!
3. What do you love about golf? You vs the course. You vs you. You vs others. Nature, the exercise (I’m a walker), teaching others to love it. 
4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I really wanted a bigger golf community to talk golf equipment etc., with and tried Golf WRX but really found it to be full of salespeople and then a crowd that ultimately just pushed the “Get Fit, Take Lessons” agenda to nearly every post.
5. Do you already know any other Spies? Nope.
6. Where are you from? Originally from Seattle, but have setup permanent residence in New Orleans.
7. What is your home course? Audubon GC and City Park.
8. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? It’s year long golf here. I lived in Denver last year and that really has a start and stop to the season. Worst thing is definitely the heat, especially as a walker.
9. What do you do for a living? I’m a high school teacher and coached baseball, soccer, and football but now only coach golf.
10. How’d you pick your user name? Just my standard username 

PXG 0811 - Ping G400 3W - PXG 0311 5W & 4H - Ping i500 5 to PW - Mizuno S18s - Scotty

On 2/11/2019 at 4:32 PM, GolfSpy MPR said:

MGS New Member Introduction: South Central Region

New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi

Welcome to the MyGolfSpy forums! We’re always glad to have new members contributing to the best golf discussions on the internet.  If you’ve already created an introduction thread, feel free to re-introduce yourself here!

If you haven’t yet done so, take a moment to check out the Moral Codes that shape how we treat each other here.

You’ll find that this community is very welcoming to newcomers so come on in, take off your shoes, and get comfortable. Tell us all about yourself. To help us get to know you, here are some questions you might answer in your new member post. Feel free to share some fun pictures of your golfing ventures as well!

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? Been playing since I was a kid, took a break in high school and got back into the full swing of it after college. 15 HCP (Was a 12 before I got lessons and changed my swing last year lol)

2. What do you love about golf? The competitiveness of you vs. yourself on each hole

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Just followed on Twitter and it led me here.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Dallas, TX - Texas Star is my home course.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Playing golf year round - lack of available tee times on the weekends

6. What do you do for a living? Marketing

7. How’d you pick your user name? My Parents had a pretty strong recommendation on the name.

Driver:  Ping G425 Max 

3 Hybrid: Sim2 Max

Irons (4-9):  Callaway XR 

Wedges:  46 - Mizuno T22 / 52 - Callaway Mack Daddy 3 / 56 - Vokey SM8 / 60 - Cleveland CBX2

Putter: Ping Sigma 2 Tyne with a Tour 2.0 Superstroke Grip

Bag: Nike Sasquatch Staff Bag

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing golf for almost 40 years. Took up golf for the competition and exercise, and to fall in love with the shop counter girl, ended up getting in the PGA program and now I'm a Life Member.

I really enjoy most all the people who play, and all the beautiful courses. I've worked mostly in Texas, but also New Mexico, and Arizona. Traveled and played lots of great courses.

Looking forward to retiring soon to the wonderful, warm, all year weather in South Texas.

I've used my log on name since the days of AOL.

Edited by TXPGAPro

Fairway's & Green's Pard!

Been playing Memphis golf since a teenager. Local friend got me interested and our parents would take and pick us up. I got to a 12 handicap and getting better I had a motorcycle accident in 93. Paralyzed my left arm so thought golf gone forevermore. Close friend of mine goaded me into hitting some balls, this was like 2012. I was surprised to be hitting so well with one hand. My dream was to one day play golf with my son, didn’t think would happen. Wow, now we play together every week. Distance is my only handicap but getting longer. I’m not as good as I was with two hands, playing to a 18 handicap now. I’m looking forward to seeing it come down as my swing is much more consistent. Live in Mississippi now just below Memphis, we are surrounded by some really nice courses. Cherokee, Wedgewood, Kirkwood, Timber Truss, Ole Miss, Olive Branch Country Club, and more. You love golf enough you will find a way to play. Check out the Paraplegic golf tournaments and you will be surprised at the scores. Some players can’t walk and play in a special cart which allows them to stand and deliver. Ken Green is a former PGA tour player with wins on tour and also a Ryder Cup. Ken had blowout on his camper and one of his legs from knee down. Ken now plays the paraplegic tournaments and looks to play in the Champions Tour. Y’all play golf! Guarantee you a great Day!

Ricky Akins 

Alright you Mississippians ! I’ll be driving down from Wisconsin on the 1st of June and I’ll be staying at Old Waverly and playing there and Mossy Oaks where around there is the best BBQ and what I really need is sim Biscuits and gravy that I can put some hot sauce on! Really looking for the southern comfort food! Lmk! 

#GoBallsOutAlways #GoRickieGo

Driver:      :Sub70:849 Pro-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0-NO1 50 Series Grip
Fairway:   :Sub70:949X-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0 (1/2 inch short)-NO1 50 Series Grip
Driving Irons:     :Sub70:699 Pro 2-:truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips

Irons:     Custom:Sub70: 639 CB 5-Pw :truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips   
Wedges:   WedgeFx 52,56,60-:truetemper: DG S400Shafts-NO1 50 Series Grips 
Putter:      :Sub70: Sycamore 007-NO1 P90 Pistol Grip
Ball:           :odin:X1

Bag:     Side Street- Back9 Backpack Bag

Link to my Bag Boy ZTF Review!

• 2 weeks later...

What's up y'all, long time reader, first time poster but love MyGolfSpy for all the tech/questions/reviews so figured i'd introduce myself

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

Been playing since I could walk but quit for 10 years after competitive burn out... picked it back up in Dec '21 and got the bug again! Playing at about a 2 but hoping to lower that heading into summer golf

What do you love about golf? It's a constant challenge but doesn't have to be physically demanding

Where are you from? What is your home course? Play around Dallas, TX - my "home" course changes based on what's in the best shape!

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Summer months and slow play in the 100+ degree heat. Plenty of course competition seems to keep greens fees reasonable

Tee it high and let it fly!

Since i picked up the clubs again after a 10 year hiatus, went with a few upgrades: (i've cut down all my woods roughly 1-2 inches for better control)

Cobra LTDxLS @ 9 degrees
Ping G30 3-wood 12.5 degrees (buddy's i'm gaming since I had no woods when i picked up the clubs again)
Cobra KingTech hybrid de-lofted to 15.5 degrees
Srixon 2-iron 18 degrees
Srixon 4 - Gap wedge @ 51 degrees
Vokey 54,56,60
Taylormade Spider
Love to play ProV1x but often game the Maxfli TourX

Chaz

Cobra LTDx LS, KingTech Hybrid, Srixon 2-iron
4-Gap Srixon ZX7s, Vokey Wedges and Spider 

• 2 weeks later...

Recently got the itch again and golf is quickly consuming my life again,

- Actively playing for over 20 years. Currently a 4 on GHIN. Was in the industry for a long time and was running scratch, but life got in the way.

What do you love about golf?

-The mental competitiveness of it. Millimeters off and you're dropping after going OB.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?

- Well ive got the itch again, and found MGS while researching fitting and equipment reviews. No known spies to my knowledge

Where are you from? What is your home course?

-NW Houston area. No home course yet, but hopefully soon. 

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

- Houston isn't Florida, but i feel there is a golf course(good or bad) within 5-10 miles from me at any given point.

-The bad is some of these "lesser" courses are still very proud, and its tough to pay $100+ for a round. They heat gets annoying but I dont mind it.

What do you do for a living?

-Oil and Gas 

How’d you pick your user name?

-Last name is Oakes, and JOakes became a college nickname.

Full Bag Upgrade in Progress!

• Driver: 
    • image.png.077002f4d23b84438f77d08a0fc2fc83.png G25, White Board 72X
      • Soon, image.png.6a3f01e97c0601820d5548c6f2bc2ee3.pngTSR3, finalizing shaft.
  • Woods:
    • image.png.eb73386f8bced40338e289d35604ecd7.pngTM Stealh 2, HZRDUS Black Gen 4 70, 6.5
  • Irons:
    •  image.png.c088abb5015b6d13e449d3b27ffc4b92.png P770's, Project X 6.5, 2*Flat
  • Wedges:
    • image.png.104ce02813c657ca8e416107aa3cda7b.pngSM9's; 52* 08F, 56* 08M, 60* 08M
  • Putter
    • image.png.15ac5bb2d3a693e91e5f214a3ca282ea.pngDual Force Rossie 2

image.png

image.png

I have been playing golf for almost 30 years but did not get serious (more than 1-2 times a month) until about 1.5 years ago. My current GHIN is 17.3.

Outdoors and competing against the only truly worthy adversary, myself.

I have been in the tech field practically my whole life and feel it is a good way to get real perspective on various things about the game.

I am a refugee living in Boerne, Texas now and am a member at Tapatio Springs.

Best: Year round golf, if you can stand the heat. Worst: Heat and storms.

Cybersecurity Engineer/Scientist

Initials.

• 3 weeks later...

How long have you been playing golf? I played for 4 years in high school and 2 years in college, stopped after switching to a school with no golf program and here I am ten years later trying to get back to what once was and getting closer every day

What’s your handicap or normal score? +9 right now and hopefully getting lower every month

What do you love about golf? I’m a very technical/feel guy I love how much science is in it. I love the gear I love the anatomy and learning more about it 

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I’ve been following more and more golf content and I love what GolfSpy has been putting out 

Where are you from? What is your home course? Fort Worth TX, home course is Iron Horse Golf Course in NRH

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? It gets HOT, so dead grass, hard ground, and fast green 

What do you do for a living? I work in finance 

just my name haha not to original 

Driver- Paradym 9.0, 7wood- Paradym, hybrid- Apex UW 17., 4-PW Paradym irons stiff 1.5 upright, wedges- 46, 50, 56, putter - odyssey WH Versa twelve DB

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?

this is my first season; currently 25 handicap

Relaxing time with the boys

Started looking for forums to learn how to suck less. I don’t know any spies.

I’m from Edmond Oklahoma, my home course would probably be Lincoln Park

Best thing is that the season is long; worst thing is that it is often hit and windy

I work in IT

How’d you pick your user name? It was given to me as a nickname at work

Driver:  image.png.2b0bc1884f22d6b857005c6d45968536.png Sim 2 Max w/Ventus 6-S

Fairway: image.png.ac4b50cb55427ff94d0c2bc8a272f6fb.png XR 3W w/Project X 5.5 S

Hybrid: image.png.2b0bc1884f22d6b857005c6d45968536.png Sim 2 Max w/Ventus 6-S

Irons: image.png.ca2a0327ffa4d670f381183515a4981e.png AP3 718 w/True Temper AMT S300 Black

Wedge: image.png.fe8a3ab90d25a2cfea38e6d00873f008.png 58/9

Putter: image.png.e0b3b9fedfcf09a250ee7fddbcf318b2.png O Works Black 1ws

image.png

image.png

1. How long have you been playing golf? 2008, sophomore year of high school. 

2.What’s your handicap or normal score? 15

3. What do you love about golf?

I enjoy the new experience from every course you play, I also like the feeling of the ball going into the hole from a long putt or chip in (haven’t put in one from more than 50 yards yet).

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? I always do my own research and it takes me forever to figure out what is best for me. This forum will help me figure that out faster. Also, I want to test new golf equipment for the average golfer !

5. Do you already know any other Spies? Not yet!

6. Where are you from? 
Houston, Texas

7. What is your home course? 
Augusta Pines in Tomball Texas
8. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?

The course is always dry and it gets super hot during the summers. But since Texas is so big the difference in courses in other cities can’t be drastic. Also, we can play year around for the most part.

9. What do you do for a living? 
I work as a supervisor in sales
10. How’d you pick your user name? 
I’ve been watching a lot of BobDoesSports and I wanted a fun nickname for myself. 

Callaway X2 Irons, Callaway Mavrik 5W, TaylorMade RBZ 3W, Rogue Driver, and Ping Putter blade putter. 

Swing RH but the flat stick is LH

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I started playing in 2003 and played consistently for about 7 years and then had some changes in life and have played more this past 2 years about 2-4 times a month.  I shoot in the low 80's most of the time. 

What do you love about golf?  The challenge, how quickly you can lose touch from not playing.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies?  Found it by luck.

Where are you from? What is your home course? Lago Vista, TX (near Austin)  Favorite course is Avery Ranch but play Point Venture more often.

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? The good ole Texas heat but it also lets me play nearly year round.

What do you do for a living?  Real Estate

How’d you pick your user name? have used it for a long time.

Clubs - Lefty - just bought Cobra Forged one length irons, cleveland wedges, Titleist Driver, 3 wood and pro v1x ball, about to buy a LAB putter.

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All, 

I'm new to GolfSpy and excited about all the information available. 

• I started playing more seriously about 3 years ago. My handicap just recently dropped to <10

• That you have to think about golf and nothing else when you are on the course. 

• I don't know any other Spies. I've seen the articles for a while and just found out about the forum. 

• I grew up in Texas and live in Austin. My house course is Onion Creek

• You can play year-round, but the summer is SO hot. 

• Computer engineer

• my name is case, so it's pretty descriptive 

Callaway Paradym driver

Cleveland Launcher irons

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  30+ years / 3.9 handicap
  2. What do you love about golf? Even at almost 50, there's always a sense of competition, even if only with myself to be better than the round before.
  3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I like to keep up with new gear (been called a gear **ore by my loving wife for both hockey and golf repeatedly) / No known spies
  4. Where are you from? What is your home course? From the Illinois side of the St. Louis area originally, and now the Dallas / Fort Worth area // Walnut Creek Country Club - Mansfield, TX
  5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best thing is at least 50 decent courses on which to play / Worst is a tie between the summer heat (108 plus humidity is tough) and slow play.
  6. What do you do for a living? Emergency management
  7. How’d you pick your user name? Initials and my hockey #
  • Callaway Epic Flash Tour Certified - 8.5° with MCA Tensei Raw AV White 70 Gram Tour X - Tipped 1" - Set to N / -1
  • Callaway AiSmoke Triple Diamond - 15* 3-wood - Project X Denali 6.5 flex shaft - Set to N/S
  • Titleist TS2 Hybrid (18°) with MCA Tensei White AV 80X shaft - C1 setting
  • Taylormade P7MC (2020) Irons - 4-9 (Standard L/L) with Tour Issue X100 Shafts at +5/8"
  • Taylormade MG4 48.09SB TI X100 and 52.09SB / 56.12SB / 60.07LBV wedges with DG TI Onyx Black X100 Shafts at +5/8"
  • Golf Pride ZGRIP Plus2 on irons and wedges (plus fairway) / Lamkin ST Hybrid Midsize on Driver / Hybrid
  • Sik DW (2.0) C Series Putter in black finish (36") with Sik Golf Black Pistol
  • Balls: Mostly Maxfli Tour

Hello Everyone! New to this space but excited to join.

How long have you been playing golf? I played in high school and 3 years of college but had a roughly 11 year hiatus. Back at it for 5 months.

What’s your handicap or normal score? I am between 8-10. I haven't sat down in a month to rescore but my last 7 rounds were all under 80.

What do you love about golf? It's a thinking mans game mixed with precision. It challenges you in all the right ways without (generally) being a painful sport to play.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? The reviews. I kept seeing their posts pop up on twitter and loved reading the articles so I wanted to join.

Do you already know any other Spies? Nope.

Where are you from? Fort Worth, Texas

What is your home course? Pecan Valley Golf Course

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best is that their is 20+ courses within 30 miles of me and probably 50+ within 100 miles. Worst is the heat. I love the heat but man it can be alot.

What do you do for a living? I am a consultant for a technology company.

How’d you pick your user name? It was my professional skateboarder "name" when I was a sponsored skater as a teen. I always thought it was cool.

Damien--Titleist & TaylorMade enthusiast. Bag is feeling betrayed with no TaylorMade items in it currently. Former College golfer.

image.png.d46e5ea58c55d6c5b02a89db1e501fe0.pngCallaway Paradym AI Smoke Max 10.5 

image.png  Titleist 816 H1 Hybrid 19*

image.png.1bd1e1ee5179defcf5675fc4508a582b.png  Byrdie Golf Designs OG Collection Irons 4-PW 

image.png CG14 60 degree

image.png.968287d9caeb64893046ab6bd3357bf0.pngT22 Copper C Grind 56.06 Degree

Pinemeadow EGI Chipper

image.png Cleveland Cleveland Golf HB Soft Premier #10.5C OS 35"

image.png.13bdddbdaccc707e6f342d9f8e7bfe4e.png OnCore Vero X2 & X1 balls

Red Rooster Testing Review:

Titleist White Box Testing Review:

How long have you been playing golf? Been playing casually for around 14 years, but more recently trying to focus on improving

What’s your handicap or normal score? 27.3

What do you love about golf?  I enjoy playing with my friends and trying to get better.  We have one big trip we do every year we all look forward to.

What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I've read MyGolfSpy daily for some time and have purchased multiple products based on their reviews.  Joined the forum to potentially get in on some of the testing opportunities.

Where are you from? What is your home course? Dallas, TX  No home course.  Firewheel Golf Club (Love the Old course)

What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best, lots of great public courses.  Worst, summers are BRUTAL.

What do you do for a living? I work in tech

Razorback pun

Driver:  Ping 425 Max

FW:  2021 Adams Tight Lies 3W and 5W

Hybrid:  Cobra F9 Single Length 4h

Irons:  2021 Titleist T300 5-48

Wedges:  Cleveland CBX Zipcore 52 and CBX Full Face2  56

Putter:  2011 Odyssey White Ice 2 Ball

Ball:  Srixon Z star divide