South Central: NM, OK, AR, TX, LA, MS

Our Sponsors

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've been playing about two year and a half. I'm at 13 at the moment. 

2. What do you love about golf? Compete the game with myself. Striving to get better.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? 
    Looking for some product reviews and found that it's a pretty good platform for looking up that info. Don't know any other spies.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course?
    Austin, TX. Falconhead 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?
    The weather. It's freaking hot in the summer. But it rarely snows in the winter. So basically I can play in all seasons.

6. What do you do for a living?
    SDE

7. How’d you pick your user name? Every round is always a good game

• Like 2

Driver: Taylormade m3 9.5 Mitsubishi Tensei CK White S flex

Wood: Taylormade m2 Tensei CK White high launch S flex

Irons: Ping i20 6-PW R flex; Golden Bear 3-5 R

Wedges: Vokey sm6 52, 56, 60 R flex

Putter: Taylormade Truss TB1

Ball: pro v1

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey everyone! Just wanted to introduce myself as I am a regular MGS reader, and becoming more active on the forums. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal scor

How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I've been playing golf for 30 years;  started playing in college.  I am a 6 hdcp. What do you love about golf

Hey guys!  My name is Alisa and I’m from Austin Texas! How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I “played” golf here in there through my childhood.

Posted Images

On 10/14/2020 at 9:56 AM, cebingham8 said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score?  I have been playing golf since I was 7 years old.  My grandfather was into the game and worked for a local Junior College with its own golf course.  He would take me out on his days off to play with him.  I ended up having a successful golf career playing for that Junior College and then at a 4 year university.  My handicap right now is probably around 3.5ish.  Don't have an official handicap right now.

2. What do you love about golf?  I love the values and character the game teaches.  You have to be honest with yourself and playing competitors.  No other sport allows you or forces you to call a penalty on yourself.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Finally ordered a new set from what I had in college.  Ran across the page and forums looking at reviews.  My new clubs are on the way and my setup is in my signature.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Born and raised just south of Jackson, MS.  Now live just west of Jackson in Clinton, MS.  I play most of my golf at Eagle Ridge Golf Course in Raymond, and Live Oaks Golf Course in Clinton.

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best is the length of our season.  Worst is the amount of rainfall we can get at times.

6. What do you do for a living? I work for a medical device manufacturer.

7. How’d you pick your user name? It's what I always use.

I ran down to play Eagle Ridge when LA courses were closed back during the shutdown. Over a two hour drive for me. 
Im always looking for somewhere to play around Jackson, so any recommendations are accepted! I’m over there for work quite often.

Which device company?

Driver: :honma: TR20 460, :Fuji: Ventus Black 70X

Fwy: :titelist-small: TS3, 15*, Veylix Rome 888 X

Hybrid: :callaway-small: X2 Hot Pro, 20*, :Fuji: Rombax 8D07HB TM27 X

Irons: :honma:TR20 Tour P 4/5, Tour V 6-10, Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: Vega VW-06 50*/54*/58*, Dynamic Gold S400

Putter: :seemore-small: Platinum M5 HT Mallet, 36"

9 hours ago, Golfgg said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I've been playing about two year and a half. I'm at 13 at the moment. 

2. What do you love about golf? Compete the game with myself. Striving to get better.

Looking for some product reviews and found that it's a pretty good platform for looking up that info. Don't know any other spies.

Austin, TX. Falconhead 

The weather. It's freaking hot in the summer. But it rarely snows in the winter. So basically I can play in all seasons.

SDE

You will get know us! Welcome it’s a great place! Austin has some great tracks for sure... 

• Like 1

Driver:taylormade-small: SIM 10.5, Graphite Design Tour AD-XC 6X 

Woods:titelist-small: TSi2 16.5, Fujikura Ventus Blue 7X

Hybrid: :ping-small: G410 3&4H, Graphite Design Tour AD-DI 95X 

Irons:titelist-small: T-100 3-PW, Nippon Modus 120 X 

Wedges: :mizuno-small: T20, DG TI S400, 50/56/60

Putter:  :EVNROLL: ER1.2 W/BGT Stability Shaft

Ball:  :titelist-small: ProV1X-Optic Yellow

Bag: :ping-small: Pioneer

On 11/27/2020 at 3:33 PM, mackied said:

Hello everyone. Joining from Central MS. Have been playing golf off and on for about 30 years. I am currently a member at Live Oaks Country Club and play 2 to 3 times a week. I started back playing this past summer after taking off between 4 and 5 years. Looking forward to learning and sharing with you all

1. How long have you been playing golf? 30 years off and on What’s your handicap or normal score? High 80s to low 90s
  2. What do you love about golf? Being outside and enjoying the scenery

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Been reading articles for years now Do you already know any other Spies? I dont

4. Where are you from? Clinton, MS What is your home course? Live Oaks Golf Course

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? We can play golf year around. Not really anything bad that I can think of

6. What do you do for a living?  Telecom

7. How’d you pick your user name? Nickname

20201120_092323.jpg

I need somewhere to play near Jackson... I’m over there for work quite often, but have no idea about courses in the area.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello fellas, Garland Texas here. I played a bit when I was a kid with my grandfather but never got the bug firmly planted. I played for a couple years back in the early 2000's for a year or so. I picked up the clubs again about 5 months ago and am more excited about golf than ever at 53. I've heard this is one of the best if not thee best golf forum on the net, I look forward to learning as much as I can from ya'll.

Edited by TexasFloyd
  • Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  1. How long have you been playing golf?   46 years, started when I was 11 after buying my first set from a neighbor's garage sale.

2. What’s your handicap or normal score?    I can shoot mid 90's pretty consistently. However, I have been known to go into the high 80's on occasion during the heat of the season and also have a disaster and be over 100 a couple of times a month.

3. What do you love about golf?    The reward of making a great shot and the fellowship with other golfers.

4. What brings you to MyGolfSpy?   I have been reading Golf Spy articles for the last year online.

5. Do you already know any other Spies?    Haven't met any that I know of, yet.

6. Where are you from?    Dallas/Fort Worth area. My home is currently in Denton.

7. What is your home course?     I would say this year it is a tie between Lake Park in Lewisville and  Robison Ranch in Denton, I have a club card at Tour 18 in Flower Mound. They were closed from July 1 to September 15 for renovation. In 2018 I played 20 rounds at Cowboys Golf Club from July till the end of September, a lot of rounds at Grapevine GC too. Then it started raining (flooding for over a month) and I had to have Skin Cancer Surgery. I took 2019 off because the Doc said I needed to stay out of the sun. I finally got back out this past May and it has been two to three times a week since. I like to play different courses each week and consider many in the area my home course. I have a Golf Pass membership as well as the VIP Blue Sky Card and the Tour 18 Card, use the Coupons and Specials as much as possible from iDeal Golfer and other websites.

8. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?    Best is the amount of time you can play during the year because the weather is good. Worst is not enough courses to meet the demand.

9. What do you do for a living?     Sales in the Commercial/Industrial Water Treatment Industry.

10. How’d you pick your user name?    It's my long time email address moniker. It fits.

Edited by loudmouthred
  • Like 3

Callaway X-Hot 1-10.5, Callaway Epic Flash 1-12, Callaway Rogue 1-13.5 (Yep, three drivers, It's Windy in Texas!)

Callaway Epic Flash 3-15

Cobra Baffler 7-20

Taylor Made RBZ Rescue 5-25

Ben Hogan Forged PTX 6-AW

Ben Hogan TK-15 55 SW

Ben Hogan TK-15 60 LW

Scotty Select Round Back w/Cameron Oversize Grip

Yeah, I know that's 15 clubs. Who's Counting? I'm out here for the drinks!

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2020 at 10:46 PM, Golfgg said:

Austin, TX. Falconhead 

SDE

FalconHead is a good track.. When I go down to Austin, always try to play one round there.

Driver:  PING G410 LST 9.0 with Tensei CK Orange 60 Stiff default_ping-small.jpg.62d91fcab0128559ee9cd64c6d3475c7.jpg
3 -Wood: Cobra King SZ with Tensei AV Blue Stiffdefault_cobra-small.jpg.fe55fcb2de7dcedd8bb9bda0d7fa56d0.jpg
4-Hybrid: Cobra King F9 Hybriddefault_cobra-small.jpg.fe55fcb2de7dcedd8bb9bda0d7fa56d0.jpg
Irons: Mizuno MP-18 MMC - 5-PW , w/SteelFiber i125default_mizuno-small.jpg.b7e121701aadd867e399bdb2331c9f9f.jpg
WedgesCleveland RTX 4 RAW - 52 ,56, 60 default_cleveland-small.jpg.2c2c62516a68ba0ca825f7d94c148b86.jpg
Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab Seven S, 34indefault_odyssey-small.jpg.f16592ebb9519a37e13eebf6fc6df625.jpg
BallsTaylorMade TPx  & Snell MTB-X-default_taylormade-small.jpg.261501bbee0fcd6ea098dc3e15da16eb.jpgSnell.png.18a1bb82d2d821ebf109e429f025552d.png
GPS:  :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

On 9/30/2020 at 10:56 AM, That_Nigam said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I grew up golfing thanks to my dad who taught us early and got us involved with junior golf programs. Playing to a 6.4 handicap right now, but who knows where that's going to end up before winter hits!

2. What do you love about golf? I would call it a love/hate, but I enjoy the competition against yourself and the course. I think golf is one of the more unique sports where you're trying to beat everyone else out there, but really you're trying to beat your expectations for yourself. I also love being able to get out there with good friends and root each other on and just enjoy being away from phones, TVs, computers, etc.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? I don't know any other spies, but I've followed the content for a while now. Really enjoy reading the reviews and the data that goes behind them because I'm also a golf nerd. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I'm from Pittsburgh and grew up playing a Gary Player designed course, Diamond Run. Now that I live in Dallas, I try to golf all over the DFW area. Stevens Park could be considered my "home course."

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? Best is definitely the weather and the ability to play year 'round. Coming from the northern half of the States, this is quite the welcome change. On the negative side, and something I really miss about golfing up north, is the lack of trees/elevation. You can get some of that here, but it's nothing like the golf in PA, OH, MI, WI, etc.

6. What do you do for a living? Sales for a military broker. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? This has been my gamertag, Twitter handle, etc. forever so why not keep it going. 

Plenty of decent courses around DFW. I play all over, don't like to limit only playing 1 course all of the time.

• Like 2

Driver:  PING G410 LST 9.0 with Tensei CK Orange 60 Stiff default_ping-small.jpg.62d91fcab0128559ee9cd64c6d3475c7.jpg
3 -Wood: Cobra King SZ with Tensei AV Blue Stiffdefault_cobra-small.jpg.fe55fcb2de7dcedd8bb9bda0d7fa56d0.jpg
4-Hybrid: Cobra King F9 Hybriddefault_cobra-small.jpg.fe55fcb2de7dcedd8bb9bda0d7fa56d0.jpg
Irons: Mizuno MP-18 MMC - 5-PW , w/SteelFiber i125default_mizuno-small.jpg.b7e121701aadd867e399bdb2331c9f9f.jpg
WedgesCleveland RTX 4 RAW - 52 ,56, 60 default_cleveland-small.jpg.2c2c62516a68ba0ca825f7d94c148b86.jpg
Putter: Odyssey Stroke Lab Seven S, 34indefault_odyssey-small.jpg.f16592ebb9519a37e13eebf6fc6df625.jpg
BallsTaylorMade TPx  & Snell MTB-X-default_taylormade-small.jpg.261501bbee0fcd6ea098dc3e15da16eb.jpgSnell.png.18a1bb82d2d821ebf109e429f025552d.png

• 2 weeks later...
  1. How long have you been playing golf?  53 years  What’s your handicap or normal score?  5.5

2. What do you love about golf?  Meeting new people, always a challenge.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy?   I like the product information.  Do you already know any other Spies? No

4. Where are you from? The Colony, TX  What is your home course?  The Golf Clubs at The Tribute

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Can pretty much play all year long.  Can get pretty windy when fronts blow through.

6. What do you do for a living?  Internal Auditor

7. How’d you pick your user name?  I've used it on other forums.

• Like 3
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been playing on and off for the past 15 years. I am a 30.3 handicap

2. What do you love about golf? Everything. Even when i am playing bad, i still love the game. Its real relaxing for me. Esp when you hit that one awesome shot. The shot that keeps you in the game. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Was looking at club reviews and saw MyGolfSpy. Thought i would give it a try.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from Slidell, La. I guess my home course would be Royal Golf Course. It is where i play the most. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? I would say the best thing about golf in my region is that golf can be played all year round. 

6. What do you do for a living? I am in the Air Force

7. How’d you pick your user name? My daughters used to love My Little Pony's when they were young. On one of the episodes, they had a character and his name was Mr Fancy Pants. and they started calling me that. So it just kinda stuck.

I look forward to talking with everyone. and i hope to learn a ton!

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, MrFancyPants said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been playing on and off for the past 15 years. I am a 30.3 handicap

2. What do you love about golf? Everything. Even when i am playing bad, i still love the game. Its real relaxing for me. Esp when you hit that one awesome shot. The shot that keeps you in the game. 

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? Was looking at club reviews and saw MyGolfSpy. Thought i would give it a try.

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? I am from Slidell, La. I guess my home course would be Royal Golf Course. It is where i play the most. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? I would say the best thing about golf in my region is that golf can be played all year round. 

7. How’d you pick your user name? My daughters used to love My Little Pony's when they were young. On one of the episodes, they had a character and his name was Mr Fancy Pants. and they started calling me that. So it just kinda stuck.

Welcome! I’m up in N LA. 

• Like 1

On 1/19/2021 at 5:15 PM, txgolfer45 said:
  1. How long have you been playing golf?  53 years  What’s your handicap or normal score?  5.5

2. What do you love about golf?  Meeting new people, always a challenge.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy?   I like the product information.  Do you already know any other Spies? No

4. Where are you from? The Colony, TX  What is your home course?  The Golf Clubs at The Tribute

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region?  Can pretty much play all year long.  Can get pretty windy when fronts blow through.

6. What do you do for a living?  Internal Auditor

7. How’d you pick your user name?  I've used it on other forums.

Played over the Tribute from time to time, once the changed the greens it has been much better.
Old American is one my favorite tracks over there.

I'm currently based in Georgia but I accepted a job offer in Dallas. I felt like I should introduce myself to the region of Spies. 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been golfing now for 17 years. My father got me started when I was 12, it was always fun the get taken out of school to go golfing with him and his friends. I'm currently a 8.4 handicap however, my scores have been getting better and better since I've been playing more frequently. 

2. What do you love about golf? I love the challenge golf gives me! Having to apply strategy to each hole and relying on only myself.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? A buddy of mine shared one of the Instagram posts and I've been following since. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Nomad at the moment. Looking forward to finding a nice, challenging course when I get out there. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? I'll let you know when I get to play a season. 

6. What do you do for a living? Facility Manager for a 3rd party logistics company. 

7.  How’d you pick your username? I'm a Marine Veteran and my first football number when I was 7 years old. 

• Like 2
  • Driver  :titelist-small: TSi 3 9*( Mitsubishi Tensei AV Raw White 65)
  • 3W  default_cobra-small.jpg.8f58a841b8297702abec5f95f4fc05ce.jpg Cobra Speedzone (Oban Isawa Red 04 Stiff 75) 14* or :callaway-small: Rogue (Aldila Synergy Stiff 60) 15*
  • 3H default_callaway-small.jpg.7a7fb9960a65b711373a949427403d8e.jpg Callaway Rogue (Aldila Synergy Stiff 60) 19* or :cobra-small: Speedzone (UST Recoil 480 ESX (F4))
  • 5-A :mizuno-small: Mizuno JPX Hot Metal Pro (Nippon Modus Tour 120 Stiff) 22*-50*
  • 56* & 60* default_vokey-small.gif.df5eef7d30f8418f633a4b2e32b07941.gif SM8 56* S Grind 10*  (True Temper Dynamic Gold W) & SM8 60* S Grind 10* (True Temper Dynamic Gold W)
  • Putter default_scotty-small.jpg Newport 35" 1*
  • All clubs have :Arccos:
  • Ball :Snell: MTB-X, ProV1 :titelist-small:, or TP5 :taylormade-small:
  • Range Finder 1_In_Golf.png.97adec575f2fd3b7a728e6cc3c8bdf1f.pngBushnell Tour V4 Jolt Shift With Slope Patriot Pack
  • Bags  :1590477705_SunMountain: Sun Mountain C130 in Red, White, and Blue :titelist-small: Camo Players 4 Plus Stand Bag
  • Spikes  default_nike-small.jpg.53391a39fff9d697b262e2288c9fb3ce.jpgNike Infinity Pro, default_nike-small.jpg.53391a39fff9d697b262e2288c9fb3ce.jpgNike Roshe G Tour,default_nike-small.jpg.53391a39fff9d697b262e2288c9fb3ce.jpg Nike Janoski G Tour Puma.jpg.37ce18afb924b8741045a1aa0455719f.jpg Ignite NXT in Red, White, and Blue

On 1/23/2021 at 1:49 AM, MrFancyPants said:

Welcome aboard!

On 1/25/2021 at 1:19 PM, DevilDog29 said:

I'm currently based in Georgia but I accepted a job offer in Dallas. I felt like I should introduce myself to the region of Spies. 

1. How long have you been playing golf? What’s your handicap or normal score? I have been golfing now for 17 years. My father got me started when I was 12, it was always fun the get taken out of school to go golfing with him and his friends. I'm currently a 8.4 handicap however, my scores have been getting better and better since I've been playing more frequently. 

2. What do you love about golf? I love the challenge golf gives me! Having to apply strategy to each hole and relying on only myself.

3. What brings you to MyGolfSpy? Do you already know any other Spies? A buddy of mine shared one of the Instagram posts and I've been following since. 

4. Where are you from? What is your home course? Nomad at the moment. Looking forward to finding a nice, challenging course when I get out there. 

5. What are the best and worst things about golf in your region? I'll let you know when I get to play a season. 

6. What do you do for a living? Facility Manager for a 3rd party logistics company. 

7.  How’d you pick your username? I'm a Marine Veteran and my first football number when I was 7 years old. 

Welcome to DFW. Once you figure out exactly where you'll be, I'm sure there will be plenty of course recommendations.

• Like 1

:honma: 💣Driver: Honma TR20 440 8.5° w/ Vizard FP-7X SHAFT - REVIEW POSTED 💣

:adams-small:3 Wood:  Adams TightLies Titanium 3+  - Shaft Bassara E55 x5ct

:taylormade-small:Hybrid: Taylormade RBZ 2.  16.5°-  Stock Shaft- Stiff

image.png.5094bf65d200d3ff7ef5ed059993dfb4.png Irons: SUB70 639 CB 4-PW w/ Nippon Modus 120 X-STIFF

:mizuno-small::cleveland-small:Wedges: GW: SUB70 Raw 48° Mizuno Mp series 52 SW: Cleveland RTX 2.0  56° LW: Mizuno JPX 900 60°

:odyssey-small:Putter: Odyssey White Ice Sabertooth- Superstroke Slim 3.0 grip

:taylormade-small:Bag: Taylormade FlexTech Lifestyle Carry bag- Houndstooth