Daniunchained

Can i use a driver with a crack on the head or it's risky?

Hi all,

i've an old Callaway X-Hot Driver with a small crack on the head; i wasn't hitting it very well so i simply put it away and used a mini driver or 5 wood since; now my swing is a bit improving and i wanted to try to use the driver again, but before buying a new one i wanted to practice a little. Can i use this driver with that crack, or there is the risk that the head will break into a million pieces and hurt someone nearby? I know i'd be losing performance, but i want to use it just to test my swing with a driver i used to hit very well when i first bought it. Putting some tape on the crack could help or makes no sense?
Thanks 

Dani

XHotHeadCrack1.jpg

XHotHeadCrackCloseUp.jpg

That's a pretty good sized crack, I wouldn't be using that at all to be honest. You may be able to find that head very inexpensively online if you liked it and want to re-use the shaft. 

It’s junk. The club won’t explode as you suggest; it just won’t work. It relies on the integrity of the whole and if one portion is compromised it’s useless.

Toss it in the bin, it’s rubbish.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Thanks for the answers guys. I just wanted to use it on the range, but i guess is useless anyway also for that... I'll try to find another solution.

• Like 1