Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Lexi's mistake causes 1/3 of the field to miss practice day

Kanoito

3 minutes ago, russtopherb said:

Given that Ryann O'Toole, who was directly impacted by this incident, blamed the driver for the delay rather than Lexi, I don't see the reason to label the whole fiasco as Lexi's fault, other than for clickbait purposes.

I see O'Toole's comments very differently. O'Toole's comments verbatim..........

"I don't know why the driver would agree to accommodate one person knowing it would punish about a third of the field.  The driver should have said Hey, I've got to get these clubs to Woburn.  If you want the passport, somebody's going to have to fly there to get it and bring it back!"

1 hour ago, sixcat said:

I see O'Toole's comments very differently. O'Toole's comments verbatim..........

"I don't know why the driver would agree to accommodate one person knowing it would punish about a third of the field.  The driver should have said Hey, I've got to get these clubs to Woburn.  If you want the passport, somebody's going to have to fly there to get it and bring it back!"

Did Lexi dump you in high school or something? 

1 hour ago, russtopherb said:

Given that Ryann O'Toole, who was directly impacted by this incident, blamed the driver for the delay rather than Lexi, I don't see the reason to label the whole fiasco as Lexi's fault, other than for clickbait purposes.

Bingo. Without her name in this story, it's nothing. Nobody cares about a bunch of LPGA players missing a Monday practice round 

I have one comment:
First-world problems.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

31 minutes ago, jlukes said:

Bingo. Without her name in this story, it's nothing. Nobody cares about a bunch of LPGA players missing a Monday practice round 

Surfing around the webs lots of seventeen/teen beat type conversations going on. We still fedex cup playoffs coming and it’s like we entered the off season

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

WGC-Bridgestone now FedEx St. Jude has always been the week after The Open Championship. Schedule change didn't impact that in any way.

Same reason the pga played a major and wgc event in back to back weeks. Schedules get crazy when moving events around. Evian was moved from September to July to avoid weather issues that have plagued the event for years and now that it’s a major the tour and sponsor wants to avoid having to reduce the tournament holes played due to weather.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

DRIVER PXG 0811XF GEN4 (10.5°)

FAIRWAY WOODS PXG 0341XF GEN4 (16°)

HYBRIDS PXG 0317XF GEN4 (19°), PXG 0317X GEN4 (22°)

IRONS PXG 0311T GEN3 (5 - 9)

WEDGES TAYLORMADE MG3 (45°, 50°, 55° TW Grind, 60° TW Grind)

PUTTER PXG BATTLE READY ONE & DONE

Gotcha. Hopefully they can get it sorted sooner than later cause two majors in back-to-back weeks just ain't right.

The short answer is Solheim Cup but it's a bit more complicated than that.  Evian was played in July from 2000-2012.  When it gained "major" status in 2013, it was moved to late September.  Playing at the base of the French Alps in late September means high winds and a lot of rain.  They moved it back to July but it is going to take them a bit more time to work things out with some title sponsors to get a few weeks gap between Evian and The Women's Open.
Solheim Cup has been played in late August, between The Women's Open and Evian since Evian moved to September.  Since Evian is moving back to July, Solheim jumped at the chance to move back to September.  
In my opinion, trying to squeeze 5 majors between major men's events creates more havoc in scheduling than moving the Players to March and PGA to May on the men's side.

12 minutes ago, FrogginBullfish said:

WGC-Bridgestone now FedEx St. Jude has always been the week after The Open Championship. Schedule change didn't impact that in any way.

RBC Canadian open and barbasol came beside wgc Bridgestone and last year barbasol was in there before as well. 

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

My mistake, got it confused I think. It was the Canadian Open that was the week after The Open and the WGC was the week before the PGA.

Either way, the WGC was always in consecutive weeks with a major. Not exactly comparable to having two majors in consecutive weeks. It's a small field event, 60-70 players, containing the top players in the world for a guaranteed paycheque. More prestigious than a regular Tour stop, absolutely, but not nearly on par with a major championship.

1 minute ago, FrogginBullfish said:

My mistake, got it confused I think. It was the Canadian Open that was the week after The Open and the WGC was the week before the PGA.

Either way, the WGC was always in consecutive weeks with a major. Not exactly comparable to having two majors in consecutive weeks. It's a small field event, 60-70 players, containing the top players in the world for a guaranteed paycheque. More prestigious than a regular Tour stop, absolutely, but not nearly on par with a major championship.

Again it’s a scheduling thing on both tours. and while a wgc isn’t comparable to a major it’s a high ranking event.

evian is the 5th major on lpga only because the sponsor was going to pull out if they didn’t get the title of major and then after several years of weather disasters they had to move it back to July to again please the sponsors. 

If there’s any players complaining about back to back majors like koepka says those are the ones that no one has to worry about winning 

Have we considered the possibility that it was no accident... but rather a strategy? 😉

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

A good lesson for her. Having traveled internationally for decades, the one thing that never left my side was my passport.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

On 7/30/2019 at 8:00 AM, GolfSpy Stroker said:

Ah..interesting; did not know that!  Pretty easy to blame your brother and not have it blow up on you I suppose.  😃I agree with you/if it's yours you need to take responsibility for it; especially something as important as a passport!

She better hope she isn't paired with any of the 40 women she screwed over!

Benji Thompson (her caddie) is NOT her brother. Although they have the same last name they are not related. Lexi has two brothers Nicholas and Curtis who are also proffessional golfers. Curtis did caddie for her in a few few tournaments earlier in the year.

The female announcer this morning is saying this story has a lot of holes in it. Mainly, the Ferry runs every hour and 5 minutes, so there's no way a little delay would cause the bags to arrive 9 hours late. 

Also said that the other girls who put their bags on that truck should have taken more responsibility and taken their bags themselves on Sunday if playing an early morning practice round was so important. 

I’m really surprised this feed has 46 comments! Dang!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

2 hours ago, jlukes said:

The female announcer this morning is saying this story has a lot of holes in it. Mainly, the Ferry runs every hour and 5 minutes, so there's no way a little delay would cause the bags to arrive 9 hours late. 

Also said that the other girls who put their bags on that truck should have taken more responsibility and taken their bags themselves on Sunday if playing an early morning practice round was so important. 

Yup. Too many in the media jump on the initial storyline and make it a bigger deal than it is or leave out details they don’t have or don’t want to put out so they can get to be the first to report.

then the interwebz blow up attacking player for the issue.

even with all the hub bub around this it was a non story to start with. 

54 minutes ago, RickyBobby_PR said:

Yup. Too many in the media jump on the initial storyline and make it a bigger deal than it is or leave out details they don’t have or don’t want to put out so they can get to be the first to report.

then the interwebz blow up attacking player for the issue.

even with all the hub bub around this it was a non story to start with. 

You're absolutely correct.  It doesn't help that this unfortunately occurred right on the heels of her critical remarks about the course at the Evian.  Comments which don't typically go over well in the media or with fans whether or not they had any merit. 

I enjoy watching her play and hope she starts finding a way to very quickly put stuff like this behind her and out of mind.

Lexi's caddie talked about the passport incident.

https://www.golfchannel.com/news/caddie-details-inconvenient-quest-lexis-passport

Hopefully the story dies and the focus can be on the event. 

I'll bet it's affecting her game. She's -1 and tied for 30th after the first day. She has a long way to go to make up for Thursday's performance. I'm still rooting for her. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

23 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

I'll bet it's affecting her game. She's -1 and tied for 30th after the first day. She has a long way to go to make up for Thursday's performance. I'm still rooting for her. 

She didn’t play well last week either. This course requires good ball striking and putting. She can get wonky with the irons and her putting is always her weakness.