Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Indoor Golf Simulator

I'm going to be building a man cave and was wondering what's everyone's opinion on the BEST simulator?  Right now thinking Trackman, but hear that the GCQ is awesome indoors.  I will take it outside to the range from time to time, but living in WI I'm more concerned with the indoor simulator part of it.  I currently have a Flightscope X3, but will probably sell it.  

Thoughts?

Everything I have read/heard says GcQuad for indoor use And trackman for outdoor.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

I tested out many of the popular sims at the PGA merchandise show in 2013.  So my info is outdated.  Went there thinking I was going to purchase HD golf or aboutgolf system.  Found the Foresight machine for a lot less money and it has been a great investment.  I purchased the GC2 with HMT for around $15K with software.  The only issue is that if you have friends that are different dexterity.  It doesn't work because you have to move the launch monitor and you don't want to move the monitor/camera system after you get it set just right.  I believe they have the new Hawk which is overhead so it measures from above, doesn't matter what side you are hitting from.   I believe it costs around $16K for the Hawk.  I think the new trackman is around $18K but older models may be a lot less.  I don't think you can go wrong with trackman or foresight systems, they both do very well.  If you are needing to take it out to the range, I would go with the trackman, if you just used inside, I would go with the overhead permanent mounted Hawk from foresight golf.   You never have to worry about someone stepping on the system or have to calibrate it, so that it just right.  I put my GC2 in my cabinet when not using and it always takes a few extra minutes to get it set up just right so keep that in mind.  

I thought that I wanted a system to take to the range but I never take my system to the range because its a very expensive item to haul around.  By the time you carry you bag and a bucket of balls out to the range who wants to go and setup a launch monitor.  I can see where the ball is it hit and how far it flew on the range.  The launch monitor lets me virtually see the ball flight when I hit it 3 yards into a screen, that is where the system is needed most, for indoor use.  Hope this helps.  

Also I purchased a lot of courses/software packages.  I have way to many courses that I never play.   I use the club fitting/ range software 90% of the time and only play 10% on the sim courses.  The putting on this sim is not great but I have tried worse sims by far.  So for what it's worth, I use my sim to work on my shot or test new clubs on the range, more than I do with have 3 buddies come over in and play a round of golf in the winter.  

Hope this helps.  

There is a forum member that put together a really nice setup in his house. If I can find it, i will post the thread. I believe he went with a quad as well.

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder

• Guests
Guest Hitz Ithaca

Hi Shoot54. I’m new to this forum and looking at a LM and sim for son and maybe a little business to complement my batting cages. I see you’re thinking of selling the FS X3? Why? I have been looking at TM4 and FS X3 and the X3 looks like a nice piece of equipment and about$11k less expensive but with most all the features of theTM4.Whyareyou looking at. Switching away from the X3? Thanks in advance.