Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Show us your Maltby!!!

azstu324

32 minutes ago, azstu324 said:

Something to note about Maltby VS the other DTC's is that they truly have unique and proprietary designs because they are a true golf club company. I recently had a chat with someone DEEP in that world. They divulged that basically all of the other DTC companies, including the most well-known T#####, are simply marketing companies who put their names on golf clubs. Many of them even have inside guys spreading info on forums and YouTube videos about them being designed in-house and not being foundry copies. My source (who is 100% credible) told me that they've talked to the owners at a specific foundry where these clubs are made, and the models going out for these companies previously and currently belong to that foundry. Nothing proprietary at all. The ONLY thing unique to these companies is the lofts and lies that they choose to use, possibly finishes, and the brand name that gets stamped on the clubs. That's pretty much it. I've always had my suspicions, but this confirms everything. Not trying to slander these other companies, but to talk up Maltby even more. Maltby pays huge amounts for their own tooling and forge dyes AND conduct their own R&D on each model. If you follow the Maltby forum, when each model is coming forward, they do 2, 3, 4 + test runs and make tweaks until the product is what they feel is perfect to release. This is a lot of time and $ spent and their stuff is still world class at insane prices. Even lower than the other guys at times. The models that came out in 2023 took over 2 years to come to fruition. 

What forum is that? https://ralphmaltby.com/forum/ ?

There are certainly some DTC's that are just stamping their names on catalog clubs (T##### & C#### & R##). Others aren't fully down that road, I don't think. Or maybe I'm just a fan of them and don't believe their current clubs are just generic catalog clubs. I'm not in that world, so I can't say one way or another. I just see what I see and think what I think.

I am very much interested in multiple Maltby clubs, so the Maltby bug has me as I slowly build my garage club tinkering setup.

In My Sun Mountain C-130 'merica Cart Bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 3w, 15*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 70g
Fairway: :Sub70: 949x 5w, 18*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX, 60g
Hybrid: :Sub70: 939x 4H (21*), Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Black, 90g
Irons: :Takomo: 101's, 5-PW, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Wedges: :Sub70: 286 @ 50*, JBFG @ 54* & 60*, :truetemper: DG120 S300
Putter: :Sub70: 002 Mid-Mallet @ 35", Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0, Desert Camo
Ball: :maxfli: Tour & Testing :OnCore: Vero X1
Technology: :ShotScope: H4 w/ Tags, Pro L2 Rangefinder

2 hours ago, OhioGolf72 said:

This thread has been so helpful in assessing the various Maltby iron options. I wanted to share my experience and seek some advice in case it helps anyone else figure things out! 

I discovered Maltby after getting some Kirkland signature irons this winter and doing some research on DTC brands. I have been playing old Cobra Fly Z XL irons for the last ten years and my ball striking has improved enough that I want something with a better feel. 

I live in suburban Columbus so I was able to go out to The GolfWorks for an iron fitting. I hit the KE4 Max, TS1, TS1 IM, TS3, TS4, and the new TE+. Just an FYI to anyone interested in going out to The GolfWorks, the fitting costs $30 and they do not trade out shafts on irons like I am accustomed to from other fitting experiences. For example, the TS3 had Dynamic Gold S300 shafts, the TS1 IM had the TT elevate 95 stiff shaft, and the others had the stock TT Score shafts in stiff flex. The fitter really pushed the Score shafts, which I didn’t mind, but is just something to know going in. Info on my game in case it helps you assess—I swing a 7 iron around 90 MPH and depending on shaft, carry a cut 155-160 and a draw 165-170. If I miss, it is out over the toe. 

A couple of notes that could help others who won’t be able to go out and hit these clubs based on the location and don’t want to pay $80-100 for a test club: 

1) Every iron performed well and consistently. As I have been looking for new irons, I have hit a lot of the big OEM new irons and every Maltby performed as well or better. They were much more forgiving on toe misses than others I have hit with the exception of Mizuno Hot Metals. 

2) The biggest difference between the models is in feel, and the information you see in reviews online on the feel is pretty accurate. For example, the TS1 IM is just a softer feeling and slightly more forgiving version of other hollow-body irons you can hit out there. The TS4 and TE+ are firmer and you get pretty clear feedback, but both feel incredible when you absolutely pure them. The TS3 and TE+, unsurprisingly based on design features, perform similarly. The KE4 Max felt the best of any similarly designed game improvement iron I’ve hit, with the exception of Mizuno Hot Metals. 

If you are thinking about saving and getting the original TS1, at my swing speed, the TS1 and TS1 IM performed pretty much the same on better shots. TS1 IM is more forgiving and feels softer on a toe miss, but the TS1 is really solid. 

3) Depending on how sensitive you are to different shafts, the TT Score performs well. I would not typically get fit into a high launching shaft, but the TT Score’s weight is decent for me. When I wanted to, I was able to flight the ball down and turn it over left or right pretty easily with these shafts. Unsurprisingly, it was easiest to do this with the TS4. I lose some distance due to height when I hit one pure with the Scores—something like the Modus 120, Dynamic Gold 120, or the original Dynamic Gold S300 perform best for me—but if you want to save a lot of money on clubs, you could do worse than these shafts. 

I went a couple of weeks ago and am still undecided on which irons I will buy. The day of the fitting, I was highest on the TS3 and TE+—the CB feel inspired the most confidence and the TS3 with the DG S300s performed by far the best of anything I was hitting distance and dispersion wise. But they all performed so well and so similarly that the decision is difficult. Current options are a full set (5-GW, I play a 4 hybrid) of either TS3, TE+, or TS1 IM. I also am considering a combo set blending any of the 3 above with the TS4s for my 7-GW. Also trying to decide if I want to save money and get the Scores or shell out for the shaft upgrade. As I mentioned, I also have a set of the Kirkland irons. Those are no where near as forgiving as anything Maltby I hit, but the distance is great on solid shots and I may prefer the TT Elevate 115s to the Score shafts. 

Everyone on here seems so knowledgeable, so feel free to weigh in with thoughts if you think you can help me decide! Also happy to answer anyone’s questions on these since I am lucky enough to be close enough to go hit all of them. 

This is a hugely helpful writeup! Thanks so much, and welcome to the (posting side of the) forum! 🙂

I really appreciated this, as every time I go to the website, I waffle between the TE+/4 and 1-IM, lol.  I built up a 6/9 iron in the TS-3 earlier last year, and while I loved hitting them, I found the topline to be just a TAD thick for my eye, which is why I'm leaning towards the others.  One of the things I love about the TE+ is that the cost is a bit lower per-head, which (as I'm on a pretty strict golf budget) means I can stretch my dollar a bit further. 

I know all the lofts don't 100% match up between the sets - are you worried at all about gapping going from the either of the ones you mentioned into the TS4 7-GW?  I've had this thought as well, and I know GolfWorks can bend lofts if needed, but just curious how you'd approach this aspect.

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

15 minutes ago, Shrek74 said:

What forum is that? https://ralphmaltby.com/forum/ ?

There are certainly some DTC's that are just stamping their names on catalog clubs (T##### & C#### & R##). Others aren't fully down that road, I don't think. Or maybe I'm just a fan of them and don't believe their current clubs are just generic catalog clubs. I'm not in that world, so I can't say one way or another. I just see what I see and think what I think.

I am very much interested in multiple Maltby clubs, so the Maltby bug has me as I slowly build my garage club tinkering setup.

Yeah I definitely know companies like Hogan, Wishon, even PXG and a few others do have their own designs, but also have a similar industry pedigree and history as Maltby. It's just the big flashy ones that appear all over YouTube and other Social Media who have popped up over the past few years who are more/less hyper marketing their clubs and being credited with starting the DTC Movement. They've all made claims that simply aren't true.. i.e. marketing 101 😜

Again, not a total slant on those companies. They're putting functional, affordable golf clubs in the hands of more consumers who might not be able to afford a new set otherwise. Their approach is definitely more aggressive and it works for them. But definitely a higher praise to Maltby and maybe gives a better understanding as to why they can't send out free sets to multiple reviewers, forum tests, etc. They simply have much more invested in each set so their profit margins are slimmer. 

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

I’m currently gaming TS3 irons in the 5i and 6i, and the TS4’s in the 7i, 8i, and 9i. I’m using the Accra TZi 95 g graphite shafts. My 5i is the best club in my bag. It really likes me or I really like it (or both). I hit really good shots with it and it gives me great confidence. I prefer the look of the TS4’s, but I do not want to give up my 5i. I am curious about the new TE+ Ver 4 and how it compares. 

Does the TE+ look the same as the TS4 at address?

50 minutes ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

This is a hugely helpful writeup! Thanks so much, and welcome to the (posting side of the) forum! 🙂

I really appreciated this, as every time I go to the website, I waffle between the TE+/4 and 1-IM, lol.  I built up a 6/9 iron in the TS-3 earlier last year, and while I loved hitting them, I found the topline to be just a TAD thick for my eye, which is why I'm leaning towards the others.  One of the things I love about the TE+ is that the cost is a bit lower per-head, which (as I'm on a pretty strict golf budget) means I can stretch my dollar a bit further. 

I know all the lofts don't 100% match up between the sets - are you worried at all about gapping going from the either of the ones you mentioned into the TS4 7-GW?  I've had this thought as well, and I know GolfWorks can bend lofts if needed, but just curious how you'd approach this aspect.

So glad it was helpful! That totally makes sense about the TS3. I love how the TE+ has a pure blade look at address and lacks the progressive offset of the TS3. I am in the same boat on budget and love the idea of paying $8-12 less per club if I build a custom set. And if I just go the Club Pak route with the Score shafts, the price for TE+ 5-GW is incredible. 

Great question about gapping. I think the best way to blend the TS4 with any of the others is to have GolfWorks bend them 1 degree strong. If you do that, their lofts line-up perfectly with TS3/TE+. I think TS1 IM is somewhere in between. The difference in 7 irons lofts between the TS3/TE+ and TS4 is just one degree and I definitely noticed a slightly shorter carry from the TS4. 

So easy to waffle between these options because they’re all such good options! I want to be willing to wait for the TS1 IM restock if that’s what I really want, but as I was writing this all up today, I was reminded of how much I loved the feel of the TS3 and TE+. 

Callaway Rogue ST Max 9°/ Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65S
Mizuno CLK 16° Hybrid/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 70S
Callaway Rogue ST Max 20° Hybrid/ Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75S
Maltby TS3 5-GW/Dynamic Gold S300
Maltby TSW 56°/12
Odyssey White Ice 9
Callaway Chrome Soft

On 3/21/2024 at 2:03 PM, Peter Andrin said:

I’m currently gaming TS3 irons in the 5i and 6i, and the TS4’s in the 7i, 8i, and 9i. I’m using the Accra TZi 95 g graphite shafts. My 5i is the best club in my bag. It really likes me or I really like it (or both). I hit really good shots with it and it gives me great confidence. I prefer the look of the TS4’s, but I do not want to give up my 5i. I am curious about the new TE+ Ver 4 and how it compares. 

Does the TE+ look the same as the TS4 at address?

Peter, to my eye, they looked pretty much identical at address. TE+s have a constant and minimal offset and TS4s have a progressive offset that’s also minimal. They both had a great feel—solid and firm but absolute butter when hit pure. 

Edited by OhioGolf72

Callaway Rogue ST Max 9°/ Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 65S
Mizuno CLK 16° Hybrid/Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 70S
Callaway Rogue ST Max 20° Hybrid/ Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75S
Maltby TS3 5-GW/Dynamic Gold S300
Maltby TSW 56°/12
Odyssey White Ice 9
Callaway Chrome Soft

13 minutes ago, OhioGolf72 said:

Peter, to my eye, they looked pretty much identical at address. TE+ has a constant and minimal offset and TS4’s have a progressive offset that’s also minimal. They both had a great feel—solid and firm but absolute butter when hit pure. 

It's interesting how opinions can vary on this topic. I actually don't mind the top line on the TS3's because the blade length is just a little more squat looking so for me that negates some of the thickness. 

Don't get me wrong, slimmer is definitely sexier but I don't mind a little meat on the bones as long as it's proportioned well (talking about golf clubs here) 😜

MAXFLI  Tour CG

1 hour ago, azstu324 said:

Yeah I definitely know companies like Hogan, Wishon, even PXG and a few others do have their own designs, but also have a similar industry pedigree and history as Maltby. It's just the big flashy ones that appear all over YouTube and other Social Media who have popped up over the past few years who are more/less hyper marketing their clubs and being credited with starting the DTC Movement. They've all made claims that simply aren't true.. i.e. marketing 101 😜

Again, not a total slant on those companies. They're putting functional, affordable golf clubs in the hands of more consumers who might not be able to afford a new set otherwise. Their approach is definitely more aggressive and it works for them. But definitely a higher praise to Maltby and maybe gives a better understanding as to why they can't send out free sets to multiple reviewers, forum tests, etc. They simply have much more invested in each set so their profit margins are slimmer. 

Why you gotta hate on my 101's?! 😉 At $50/head, they're an excellent value. Granted, they're one of those catalog heads. But I didn't know nearly as much about all this when I got them a couple years ago. But thanks you and the MGS forum, I'm more knowledgeable and won't be going this way again.

When I get new irons, I'll need to send Britt my 6 iron so she can do an MPF on it for their records.

Now I just need to figure out TS3, TS4, or TS1 IM and then figure out the shafts since I need graphite now and don't want to spend a fortune for them. I wish the Pro Series came in heavier than 85g.

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth+ Rocket 3W, 13.5* turned down to 12.75*, Stiff :projectx: HZRDUS Smoke Red RDX, 75g

10 minutes ago, Shrek74 said:

Why you gotta hate on my 101's?! 😉 At $50/head, they're an excellent value. Granted, they're one of those catalog heads. But I didn't know nearly as much about all this when I got them a couple years ago. But thanks you and the MGS forum, I'm more knowledgeable and won't be going this way again.

When I get new irons, I'll need to send Britt my 6 iron so she can do an MPF on it for their records.

Now I just need to figure out TS3, TS4, or TS1 IM and then figure out the shafts since I need graphite now and don't want to spend a fortune for them. I wish the Pro Series came in heavier than 85g.

I could be wrong, but I'm 99% sure Britt is a man, just FYI 😉

Driver - PXG 0811 XF - Gen 5, 9 degrees (+1 setting), Oban Devotion TR 65 04
3/5 Wood - Cobra LTDx Max (Blue Colorway)
Utility - Caley X01 Driving Iron (3 = 18*)
Irons (5-PW) - Caley 01T
Wedges (48, 52, 56, 60) - Indi Wedges FLX 48 / ATK 52, 56, 60
Putter - L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 - 65*
Ball - Chrome Tour Triple-Track

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, GolfSpy SAM said:

I could be wrong, but I'm 99% sure Britt is a man, just FYI 😉

I'm 99.10% sure he is a he/him

Edited by azstu324

MAXFLI  Tour CG

I could be wrong, but I'm 99% sure Britt is a man, just FYI
I'm 99.10% sure he is a he/him
Ok, point taken. Haven't spoken to him directly. Only email and the Maltby forum I just joined.

I am at the point now where a company has to prove they are doing something innovative on the design front to get my attention. I have bought into the design ethos of MPF, at least the shorter hosel and importance of actually PUBLISHING the center of gravity in the irons. I found my sweet spot in terms of VCOG (thanks for asking it is ~.775!) so now I am kind of married to that range of .750-.775. 

Where I think Maltby is lagging a little bit (and the industry overall) is in wedges. Maybe there just isn't that much technology to pack into these? The Maltby wedges I have tested are fine but seem to lack some leading edge relief. I am really interested in the Mizuno S23 as it has a shorter hosel and some mass moved out toward the toe trying to center the COG (which is a Maltby tenet). I got the max milled because it looked like they were moving some mass out on the toe but I don't love the sole on it. 

:mizuno-small: STZ 230 9.5* ➖ PinHawk SLF 16* ➖ :mizuno-small: STZ 230 Hybrid 21.25* ➖ MALTBY TS1-IM 5-GW ➖ :benhogan-small: Equalizer II 54* ➖ :ping-small: Glide 4.0 (S) 58* ➖ L.A.B. Directed Force 2.1 
Maxfli Tour X Official Review -- https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63068-testers-announced-maxfli-tour-x-golf-balls-with-max-align-technology/?do=findComment&comment=1021832

29 minutes ago, Shrek74 said:

Ok, point taken. Haven't spoke them him directly. Only email and the Maltby forum I just joined.

It's all good man! Pretty sure I thought the same thing when I started down this rabbit hole. Definitely a unique name that's for sure! 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

18 minutes ago, vandyland said:

I am at the point now where a company has to prove they are doing something innovative on the design front to get my attention. I have bought into the design ethos of MPF, at least the shorter hosel and importance of actually PUBLISHING the center of gravity in the irons. I found my sweet spot in terms of VCOG (thanks for asking it is ~.775!) so now I am kind of married to that range of .750-.775. 

Where I think Maltby is lagging a little bit (and the industry overall) is in wedges. Maybe there just isn't that much technology to pack into these? The Maltby wedges I have tested are fine but seem to lack some leading edge relief. I am really interested in the Mizuno S23 as it has a shorter hosel and some mass moved out toward the toe trying to center the COG (which is a Maltby tenet). I got the max milled because it looked like they were moving some mass out on the toe but I don't love the sole on it. 

I 100% agree on the wedge sentiment. They're doing so much with their other irons but their wedges could definitely show an improvement . I used the TSW for a couple years BUT have since gravitated to the Cleveland Zipcore, and now TM MG3 because of overall better tech offered. 

Britt has stated that they are working a new wedge lineup so hopefully it's something a little more robust. 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

Interested in opinions on the max milled putters (and other putters where heel/toe weight adjustment is possible). I tend to consistently have an open rather than closed face but my off-centre strikes are most often out of the heel pulling the ball left (more often on short putts). As I understand it having more weight in the heel will help to close the face but will the extra weight there also reduce the putter twist on a heel strike? Or is it just a bad idea to mess with the CoG.

I currently switch between the Spider EX and Cleveland Frontline Iso both single bend. The Max milled PAK in black out with 1" hosel for $199 looks great.

I love my KE4 Max putter. I got them to bend an adjustable hosel giving me 78 degrees lie and 5 degrees loft with a 38” KBS black putter shaft and an Evnroll midlock grip, so I turned it into a custom fit armlock putter.

As far as wedge designs, I share the sentiment. I’ve switched to Edison wedges. Edison wedges are designed to do the type of things you’re asking for.

I agree marketing and branding has always been Golfworks weak point, just look how quickly the other DTC brands have managed to gain credibility in the marketplace. When fellow players and potential customers ask me what the heads are I say that I import them from Golfworks in the US because I know no one has heard of them. "Yeah but what make are they?" Maltby I answer. "Oh I know, Roger Maltbie the commentator" No.

The early irons had Maltby stamped on the sole and the new TS range have the colour removed form the logo so they are slowly learning. I think it would be much better to brand them Golfworks TS1-M for example because GW already have some brand credibility by selling high quality aftermarket shaft and grips. 

5 hours ago, acem8 said:

Interested in opinions on the max milled putters (and other putters where heel/toe weight adjustment is possible). I tend to consistently have an open rather than closed face but my off-centre strikes are most often out of the heel pulling the ball left (more often on short putts). As I understand it having more weight in the heel will help to close the face but will the extra weight there also reduce the putter twist on a heel strike? Or is it just a bad idea to mess with the CoG.

I currently switch between the Spider EX and Cleveland Frontline Iso both single bend. The Max milled PAK in black out with 1" hosel for $199 looks great.

I think in theory you're right on track. The weights should impact face control similar to a driver. A heavier heel weight should help with face closure and add more mass so a heel strike should move through the ball better with less deflection. Also, the type of hosel can promote specific face rotations with balance positions. I'd imagine you'd want as close to face balanced as possible and and then work with those weights. Toe hang mimicks a heavier toe side and keeps the face open longer. 

My usual miss is a pull when I close the face up too quick. The PTM-4 is a medium toe hang and works awesome for my stroke which is straight back with a slight arc through the ball.

Hopefully I'm not too far off here 😜

MAXFLI  Tour CG

Are there any new release Maltby clubs coming out or ones that have just been released?

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

One day in September of 1996 (wow! almost 30 years ago), I was in Newark OH. I spent the morning on a tour of Dynacraft and the afternoon on a tour of GolfWorks. I was there for a 3-day golf event, but the Friday got rained out. The host of the event "had connections", so he set us up to do this instead. Ralph Maltby was out of town, so a marketing guy led the GolfWorks tour; but Jeff Summitt showed us around Dynacraft and spent an hour answering questions afterwards. (Tom Wishon left Dynacraft a couple of years earlier, so we didn't get to talk to him.)

I documented the visit (mostly the Dynacraft visit, where we had Jeff as the host) in an article that's on my web site. Come to think of it, that weekend was the annual convention of the Association of Clubfitting Professionals (now long defunct); Jeff had to leave about lunchtime to catch a plane to the convention. I bet that's why Ralph was missing when we got to GolfWorks.

My impression of the Maltby stuff was that it was kind of ugly at the time, but effective. Their cosmetics are much better today. I believe the Maltby Playability Index was definitely on the right track, and they were after good numbers on that scale. That meant they were selling stuff for the average golfer. Tour players probably didn't need it, and most low handicappers of the time turned their noses up at it.

Back in the '90s, I built a driver with a Maltby wooden head and a rather flexy graphite shaft. It worked pretty well, and was my gamer for most of a year.

This morning has been an interesting read in all things Maltby…I’ve been interested in their stuff for years (ever since my first GolfWorks catalogue) and have contemplated building some for the experience of a ground up build.  Have done some shaft swaps, etc but really would like to take the next step.  More reading to do - and - the thought a really nice custom set of clubs at a DTC price point is almost as intoxicating as “..name your poison here..”.  Well time to dream some more.

WITB? Ping G400 SFT w/Aldila Mamba shaft R flex; Ping G410 3w; Ping G400 3h(19), 4h(22), 5h(26); TaylorMade SLDR 5i (interchanges w/5h)-PW -stock graphite shafts Rflex; INDI FLX-S wedges (50, 54, 58) w/Recoil graphite shafts -Rflex and Odyssey AI-One 7T BD Milled (aka Millie), ball choice tends to be Pro-V1 or simliar 3pc urethane balls. 

Ok, question for those much smarter than me on club heads and all things related to them.

I have a much better understanding of the MPF after reading a few of their articles on it. It's a larger combo of many different measurements, mostly around various CoG's and MOI (https://www.golfworks.com/what-is-mpf/ and https://www.golfworks.com/method-of-determining-mpf/).

Is there a particular CoG or group of CoG's that you look at more closely when looking at clubs and their MPF line measurements? I'm just curious if anyone has an opinion around particular measurements to really look at along with the overall MPF.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Are there any new release Maltby clubs coming out or ones that have just been released?

2023/24 has been busy for for Maltby. Their most recent iron release is the TE+ V4 but the whole TS line is considered fairly new (2023)

Additionally they're working on a new or possibly updated wedge line with hopefully more variations. I'm sure they've got more irons being designed but we may not see those for another year or so. 

Screenshot_20240322_062537_Chrome.jpg.b95173e29a1e6dd32990ad52dec7c590.jpg

Their KE4 TC Pro driver

ma0345__17025.jpg.d573e47924aff209b1495e8aa582de9d.jpg

KE4 Pro Fairway woods 3, 5, 7

PMA0346HBP__67614.jpg.a5ca7cb1e145bc1c5d7a97c56259f51c.jpg

Ke4 Max putter

Screenshot_20240322_064405_Chrome.jpg.409706dd1e5ea8eb45d1a151592b7a04.jpg

Edited by azstu324

MAXFLI  Tour CG

I am enjoying all this info from the Maltby brethren!

😅

Current WITB:

Driver:   default_benhogan-small.gif.bd4aea80f46a0fd64e2b8412d1ee19dc.gif Big Ben CS3 9.5deg Aldila NV-h 70-R

Fairway: Screenshot2023-10-09155350.png.f5298944b93169e969fa080bb4230249.png KE4 3W w/KE4 75-R

Irons Screenshot2023-10-09155350.png.f5298944b93169e969fa080bb4230249.png MMB Forged 3-PW w/TT Dynamic Gold Lite

Wedges:  Screenshot2023-10-09155350.png.f5298944b93169e969fa080bb4230249.png56 Deg, 60 Deg

Putter:   Sub70.png Sycamore 008 Mallet

Preferred Balls: Titleist ProV1

After looking a bit deeper into GolfWorks and their Maltby forgiveness index, I might be going TS3 come May as a birthday present to myself. The only negative I saw on Fit2YouGolf's video was that the sound profile is not for everybody. Any thoughts on this @azstu324?  

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :cleveland-small: HB Soft 14

Ball: :odin:

8 minutes ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

After looking a bit deeper into GolfWorks and their Maltby forgiveness index, I might be going TS3 come May as a birthday present to myself. The only negative I saw on Fit2YouGolf's video was that the sound profile is not for everybody. Any thoughts on this @azstu324?  

You didn't ask me, @Michael.Sandoval33, but I game a combo set with TS3 in 4-8 irons.  I find no sound issues at all; in fact, to me, the TS4 irons sound more metallic on impact than the TS3 do.  I am big fans of both.  When you hit the TS3 pure, you don't even feel the club, and the sound is just the muted "woosh" you would expect from a forged iron.  At least, that's my opinion, and I hope it helps!

Working at getting better ... and very slowly getting there.

•  :callaway-small: Paradym 🔹🔹🔹 8* (:accra: FX 3.0 140 M0 Otto-Phlex)
  •  :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max 3 & 5 Woods (:Fuji: MotoreX F1 7-S)
  • :callaway-small: Paradym X 4 and 5 Hybrid (:Fuji: MotoreX HB 7-S)
  •  :Miura: CB-57 4-P or Maltby TS3 (4-8)/TS4 (9-PW)/TS1 (GW) (shafts:  :projectx: LZ 6.0)
  • :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore 53*, and 58* mid wedges (KBS High Rev 125)
  • :scotty-small: Special Select Fastback 1.5
  • :redrooster: Gloves
  •  :maxfli: Tour X Balls

Don't count my clubs!  Ha.  The 4 iron, 5 hybrid, and 53* Cleveland are in and out of the bag depending on mood, course, and moon phase.

My Official 2024 TaylorMade Qi10 Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/62804-taylormade-qi10-drivers-2024-forum-member-review/?do=findComment&comment=1014200

My Official 2023 Red Rooster Sussex Glove Review:  https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/58614-2023-mgs-forum-member-test-red-rooster-sussex-golf-glove/#comment-911042

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

After watching the video again, he didn't really say they sound bad. He was comparing them to the original TS1 and said that they definitely sound and feel different. And they do. Not sure I agree that the TS1 sound and feel softer as he stated. Not even the new TS1-IM sound and feel as good as the TS3 and IMO they are as pure sounding and feeling as a forged club could be. It's right up there with some of the best forgings from Mizuno, Miura, Tour Stage, WS, Titleist, Callaway.. you name it. The TS4 also falls in the same category but with a smaller sweet spot so toe strikes lose that feeling some, where the TS3's whole face feels like a sweet spot. 

Edited by azstu324

MAXFLI  Tour CG

41 minutes ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

Nice to see another Taurus on the forum. My big 5-0 is this May. So I'm thinking a set of Maltby's are in order as well. Or else a bunch of different "samples" for irons, drivers, fw's, hybrids, and putter. 🙂