Jump to content
cksurfdude

Orange Whip LightSpeed -- Quick Take.

Recommended Posts

Our Sponsors

Orange Whip LightSpeed -- Initial Quick Take.
Forum Member unofficial mini-review.
July, 2020


About two or so years I jumped aboard the Orange Whip "train" (lol) ... and it quickly became one of my favorite swing training aids (and I've tried a LOT of different ones over the years); in fact, I liked it so much I added the OW "Compact" trainer shortly thereafter (basically a shorter version intended to simulate an iron swing). I still use both of these frequently, and definitely feel that I'm still gaining benefit from both of them.

Recently I saw an ad for OW's new "LightSpeed" speed (of course!) trainer. I'd been looking at SuperSpeed's "C" trainer, but then considered that since I'm already using - and am comfortable with - two OW training aids then their model of speed trainer may be a better fit for me. 

208008063_OWandLightSpeed-horiz.jpg.0780c04b824a5d64a9041d5a1881360c.jpg


Note: I have not used any SuperSpeed trainer and this mini-review makes no effort to compare/contrast them.


My swing speed:
Don't know my driver swing speed but based on charts I've seen online my current 3-wood (that I use off the tee most often; tho technically it could be a 4W, I guess, at 17* loft?) clubhead speed should be hi 80s / close to 90 mph (ie. I get close to 200 yd carry when I catch it right). 


My training goal:
Obviously I hope to improve my clubhead speed -- to improve both the distances I can reach off the tee and that I can hit a second shot, and also to increase the distance from where I can comfortably attempt an approach shot.

However - I'm not looking for outright speed but rather a little more let's call it "playable" clubhead speed with my woods, hybrids, irons .. *while still swinging in control and making solid contact* (and, hopefully ha ha, towards my on-course targets). 

It would be nice to add, if I can get there, another 10% / 20 yards to my tee shots with my 3W. Additionally, being 64 now I'm hoping that with regular use it'll help me to maintain a decent clubhead speed over time.

I don't plan on measuring my swing speed on an LM, now nor after a period of training; my results .. positive, negative, unchanged .. will reveal themselves on the course. 


OK, back to the product:
If you're familiar with an OW Trainer then you'll already be familiar with its slightly shorter, and of course much lighter, brother LightSpeed - eg. same construction with an orange ball head, flexible shaft, counterweight ball on the butt end of the grip, etc. 

Where they differ includes - LightSpeed has a smaller, lighter head; uses a longer length of the thinner profile/more flexible shaft material; and has a slightly larger/slightly heavier counterweight ball. 

934646867_OWandLightSpeed-handles.jpg.3a97d7ef136f293e7714b71c0e1a6492.jpg


It also uses a slightly different style wrap grip on it (possibly an update to all OW products?) with slightly wider spacing between the wraps and small dimples for texture; the material feels more synthetic vs the more rubbery grip on the original Trainer; plus the grip on the LightSpeed is slightly larger around .. almost like an extra wrap or two of tape underneath a standard grip (actually a welcome plus for these old fingers!).

1189113484_OWandLightSpeed-handlescloseup.jpg.f3501f796368418946b70f25c6c9f4e6.jpg



Minor QA dings:
1. The ferrule, I guess you'd call it, at the joining of the two shaft sections was loose; it needs a bit of glue to hold it in place.
2. The counterweight ball was loose, not fully screwed down. This was a bit surprising as I recall having read two years ago on the Orange Whip site that some models may have shipped with a loose counterweight and the user was cautioned to tighten it. I twisted it down hand tight, but if it does loosen after some use I'll put a drop of ThreadLock in there.

699520159_OWLightSpeed-ferrule.jpg.c467557069c292899d2935787862a10c.jpg



First impressions:
Almost as expected due to having used other OW trainers, the first swings with the LightSpeed did not feel awkward. In fact it feels nicely balanced as you swing back and through, and just like it's bigger brother the Trainer it encourages you to swing with good sequencing and tempo. 

I started out slowly, and slowly dialed it up, until I heard the pronounced SWISH at the bottom of the swing. You can very clearly locate where that point is, too - ie. early, late, or at the just right release point.

Then I picked up the Trainer for a few swings, then alternated back to the LightSpeed for a few rips. I can feel that this thing is going to be a big help to me!


Training aid review points:
Any golf swing training aid, of any type, should imho ... 
- be easy to understand how to use it;
- and be actually easy to use;
- require little to no setup and teardown;
- provide audible, visual and/or tactile feedback when used properly and improperly;
- encourage its continued and repeated use.

➡️ I believe the Orange Whip LightSpeed checks all these boxes.
 

2013106216_OWandLightSpeed-sidebyside.jpg.23ea4f593a6033587f0da6994d9ac1eb.jpg


...I'll come back and add an update after some more time with it.

  • Like 8

WITB of an "aspiring" 😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*; Tensei CK Blue)
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 7W (Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H (Recoil ZTR)
..Tour Edge HL4 #4 iron-wood (UST Mamiya)
..Callaway Big Bertha CF19 6i (Recoil ZTR) / Apex CF16 7i-PW (Recoil ES 760)
..Hogan Equalizer 50/54/58 black (Recoil ES 760 black SmacWrap)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator...
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/39526-2020-official-member-review-exputt-putting-simulator/page/1/#comments

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve had my OW for a few weeks now and use it primarily for loosening up B4 a round. It definitely gets my shoulders loose and I’m not tense on 1st tee. So far I’m happy with it.
If I can get a couple more yards that’ll be a bonus.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

  • Like 3

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Rickp said:

... get loose ... get a couple more yards ...

Do you do the basic warm-ups they suggest?

Start with holding it horizontal and hands wide apart, slowly rotate back then forward .. repeat while trying to turn slightly more back and slightly more forward each time. Second warm-up is one-armed swings .. again start slowly and add a little more back and thru over following swings.

Then some regular swings, again starting slowly and building up speed and turn as you go.

I'm finding that's helping me build a little more speed as it helps me continue to refine my body movement through the swing.

Also, can't find the article / vid right now but this one explained how alternating light <> heavy clubs practicing driver swings can help build clubhead speed.

  • Like 2

WITB of an "aspiring" 😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*; Tensei CK Blue)
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 7W (Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H (Recoil ZTR)
..Tour Edge HL4 #4 iron-wood (UST Mamiya)
..Callaway Big Bertha CF19 6i (Recoil ZTR) / Apex CF16 7i-PW (Recoil ES 760)
..Hogan Equalizer 50/54/58 black (Recoil ES 760 black SmacWrap)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator...
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/39526-2020-official-member-review-exputt-putting-simulator/page/1/#comments

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Do you do the basic warm-ups they suggest?
Start with holding it horizontal and hands wide apart, slowly rotate back then forward .. repeat while trying to turn slightly more back and slightly more forward each time. Second warm-up is one-armed swings .. again start slowly and add a little more back and thru over following swings.
Then some regular swings, again starting slowly and building up speed and turn as you go.
I'm finding that's helping me build a little more speed as it helps me continue to refine my body movement through the swing.
Also, can't find the article / vid right now but this one explained how alternating light heavy clubs practicing driver swings can help build clubhead speed.

Yup, sure do. I follow the OW Utube video. Shoulders definitely feel better.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 1

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

The info you provided above was great. 

I had my OW for less then a year and I use to warm up before the round most of the places I play do not have a driving range so it is good to warm up. Before my round usually on the first tee box I will pull it out and do 5-10 swings to loosen up my back. Works great really like it 

  • Like 2

:ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway Wood 5  :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:taylormade-small: 3 Rescue Hybrid

:ping-small:  4 G Crossover

:cobra-small: F8 Single Length Irons 5-GW OBAN CT-100 shafts 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter

:Arccos: All clubs use Arccos 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Orange Whip LightSpeed -- Initial Quick Take.
Forum Member unofficial mini-review.
July, 2020


About two or so years I jumped aboard the Orange Whip "train" (lol) ... and it quickly became one of my favorite swing training aids (and I've tried a LOT of different ones over the years); in fact, I liked it so much I added the OW "Compact" trainer shortly thereafter (basically a shorter version intended to simulate an iron swing). I still use both of these frequently, and definitely feel that I'm still gaining benefit from both of them.

Recently I saw an ad for OW's new "LightSpeed" speed (of course!) trainer. I'd been looking at SuperSpeed's "C" trainer, but then considered that since I'm already using - and am comfortable with - two OW training aids then their model of speed trainer may be a better fit for me. 

208008063_OWandLightSpeed-horiz.jpg.0780c04b824a5d64a9041d5a1881360c.jpg


Note: I have not used any SuperSpeed trainer and this mini-review makes no effort to compare/contrast them.


My swing speed:
Don't know my driver swing speed but based on charts I've seen online my current 3-wood (that I use off the tee most often; tho technically it could be a 4W, I guess, at 17* loft?) clubhead speed should be hi 80s / close to 90 mph (ie. I get close to 200 yd carry when I catch it right). 


My training goal:
Obviously I hope to improve my clubhead speed -- to improve both the distances I can reach off the tee and that I can hit a second shot, and also to increase the distance from where I can comfortably attempt an approach shot.

However - I'm not looking for outright speed but rather a little more let's call it "playable" clubhead speed with my woods, hybrids, irons .. *while still swinging in control and making solid contact* (and, hopefully ha ha, towards my on-course targets). 

It would be nice to add, if I can get there, another 10% / 20 yards to my tee shots with my 3W. Additionally, being 64 now I'm hoping that with regular use it'll help me to maintain a decent clubhead speed over time.

I don't plan on measuring my swing speed on an LM, now nor after a period of training; my results .. positive, negative, unchanged .. will reveal themselves on the course. 


OK, back to the product:
If you're familiar with an OW Trainer then you'll already be familiar with its slightly shorter, and of course much lighter, brother LightSpeed - eg. same construction with an orange ball head, flexible shaft, counterweight ball on the butt end of the grip, etc. 

Where they differ includes - LightSpeed has a smaller, lighter head; uses a longer length of the thinner profile/more flexible shaft material; and has a slightly larger/slightly heavier counterweight ball. 

934646867_OWandLightSpeed-handles.jpg.3a97d7ef136f293e7714b71c0e1a6492.jpg


It also uses a slightly different style wrap grip on it (possibly an update to all OW products?) with slightly wider spacing between the wraps and small dimples for texture; the material feels more synthetic vs the more rubbery grip on the original Trainer; plus the grip on the LightSpeed is slightly larger around .. almost like an extra wrap or two of tape underneath a standard grip (actually a welcome plus for these old fingers!).

1189113484_OWandLightSpeed-handlescloseup.jpg.f3501f796368418946b70f25c6c9f4e6.jpg



Minor QA dings:
1. The ferrule, I guess you'd call it, at the joining of the two shaft sections was loose; it needs a bit of glue to hold it in place.
2. The counterweight ball was loose, not fully screwed down. This was a bit surprising as I recall having read two years ago on the Orange Whip site that some models may have shipped with a loose counterweight and the user was cautioned to tighten it. I twisted it down hand tight, but if it does loosen after some use I'll put a drop of ThreadLock in there.

699520159_OWLightSpeed-ferrule.jpg.c467557069c292899d2935787862a10c.jpg



First impressions:
Almost as expected due to having used other OW trainers, the first swings with the LightSpeed did not feel awkward. In fact it feels nicely balanced as you swing back and through, and just like it's bigger brother the Trainer it encourages you to swing with good sequencing and tempo. 

I started out slowly, and slowly dialed it up, until I heard the pronounced SWISH at the bottom of the swing. You can very clearly locate where that point is, too - ie. early, late, or at the just right release point.

Then I picked up the Trainer for a few swings, then alternated back to the LightSpeed for a few rips. I can feel that this thing is going to be a big help to me!


Training aid review points:
Any golf swing training aid, of any type, should imho ... 
- be easy to understand how to use it;
- and be actually easy to use;
- require little to no setup and teardown;
- provide audible, visual and/or tactile feedback when used properly and improperly;
- encourage its continued and repeated use.

➡️ I believe the Orange Whip LightSpeed checks all these boxes.
 

2013106216_OWandLightSpeed-sidebyside.jpg.23ea4f593a6033587f0da6994d9ac1eb.jpg


...I'll come back and add an update after some more time with it.

Thanks for the review! As an OW user, I think this product might be good, since it will hopefully help you generate speed while forcing you to maintain good tempo.

Since the counter-weights are threaded, do you think there may be some benefit to swapping to the smaller counter-weight as you progress to give the head a slightly heavier feel?

 

  • Like 4

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

Since the counter-weights are threaded, do you think there may be some benefit to swapping to the smaller counter-weight as you progress to give the head a slightly heavier feel?

That is an interesting question! And I will totally punt and defer you to OW directly to answer that. If you do ask, please update us with their response .. thx!

  • Like 4

WITB of an "aspiring" 😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*; Tensei CK Blue)
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 7W (Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H (Recoil ZTR)
..Tour Edge HL4 #4 iron-wood (UST Mamiya)
..Callaway Big Bertha CF19 6i (Recoil ZTR) / Apex CF16 7i-PW (Recoil ES 760)
..Hogan Equalizer 50/54/58 black (Recoil ES 760 black SmacWrap)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator...
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/39526-2020-official-member-review-exputt-putting-simulator/page/1/#comments

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Nolan220 said:

The info you provided above was great. 

Thanks! And thx for reading. These things are really great, huh 🏌️

  • Like 1

WITB of an "aspiring" 😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*; Tensei CK Blue)
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 7W (Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H (Recoil ZTR)
..Tour Edge HL4 #4 iron-wood (UST Mamiya)
..Callaway Big Bertha CF19 6i (Recoil ZTR) / Apex CF16 7i-PW (Recoil ES 760)
..Hogan Equalizer 50/54/58 black (Recoil ES 760 black SmacWrap)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator...
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/39526-2020-official-member-review-exputt-putting-simulator/page/1/#comments

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2020 at 4:19 PM, cksurfdude said:

Orange Whip LightSpeed -- Initial Quick Take.
Forum Member unofficial mini-review.
July, 2020


About two or so years I jumped aboard the Orange Whip "train" (lol) ... and it quickly became one of my favorite swing training aids (and I've tried a LOT of different ones over the years); in fact, I liked it so much I added the OW "Compact" trainer shortly thereafter (basically a shorter version intended to simulate an iron swing). I still use both of these frequently, and definitely feel that I'm still gaining benefit from both of them.

Recently I saw an ad for OW's new "LightSpeed" speed (of course!) trainer. I'd been looking at SuperSpeed's "C" trainer, but then considered that since I'm already using - and am comfortable with - two OW training aids then their model of speed trainer may be a better fit for me. 

208008063_OWandLightSpeed-horiz.jpg.0780c04b824a5d64a9041d5a1881360c.jpg


Note: I have not used any SuperSpeed trainer and this mini-review makes no effort to compare/contrast them.


My swing speed:
Don't know my driver swing speed but based on charts I've seen online my current 3-wood (that I use off the tee most often; tho technically it could be a 4W, I guess, at 17* loft?) clubhead speed should be hi 80s / close to 90 mph (ie. I get close to 200 yd carry when I catch it right). 


My training goal:
Obviously I hope to improve my clubhead speed -- to improve both the distances I can reach off the tee and that I can hit a second shot, and also to increase the distance from where I can comfortably attempt an approach shot.

However - I'm not looking for outright speed but rather a little more let's call it "playable" clubhead speed with my woods, hybrids, irons .. *while still swinging in control and making solid contact* (and, hopefully ha ha, towards my on-course targets). 

It would be nice to add, if I can get there, another 10% / 20 yards to my tee shots with my 3W. Additionally, being 64 now I'm hoping that with regular use it'll help me to maintain a decent clubhead speed over time.

I don't plan on measuring my swing speed on an LM, now nor after a period of training; my results .. positive, negative, unchanged .. will reveal themselves on the course. 


OK, back to the product:
If you're familiar with an OW Trainer then you'll already be familiar with its slightly shorter, and of course much lighter, brother LightSpeed - eg. same construction with an orange ball head, flexible shaft, counterweight ball on the butt end of the grip, etc. 

Where they differ includes - LightSpeed has a smaller, lighter head; uses a longer length of the thinner profile/more flexible shaft material; and has a slightly larger/slightly heavier counterweight ball. 

934646867_OWandLightSpeed-handles.jpg.3a97d7ef136f293e7714b71c0e1a6492.jpg


It also uses a slightly different style wrap grip on it (possibly an update to all OW products?) with slightly wider spacing between the wraps and small dimples for texture; the material feels more synthetic vs the more rubbery grip on the original Trainer; plus the grip on the LightSpeed is slightly larger around .. almost like an extra wrap or two of tape underneath a standard grip (actually a welcome plus for these old fingers!).

1189113484_OWandLightSpeed-handlescloseup.jpg.f3501f796368418946b70f25c6c9f4e6.jpg



Minor QA dings:
1. The ferrule, I guess you'd call it, at the joining of the two shaft sections was loose; it needs a bit of glue to hold it in place.
2. The counterweight ball was loose, not fully screwed down. This was a bit surprising as I recall having read two years ago on the Orange Whip site that some models may have shipped with a loose counterweight and the user was cautioned to tighten it. I twisted it down hand tight, but if it does loosen after some use I'll put a drop of ThreadLock in there.

699520159_OWLightSpeed-ferrule.jpg.c467557069c292899d2935787862a10c.jpg



First impressions:
Almost as expected due to having used other OW trainers, the first swings with the LightSpeed did not feel awkward. In fact it feels nicely balanced as you swing back and through, and just like it's bigger brother the Trainer it encourages you to swing with good sequencing and tempo. 

I started out slowly, and slowly dialed it up, until I heard the pronounced SWISH at the bottom of the swing. You can very clearly locate where that point is, too - ie. early, late, or at the just right release point.

Then I picked up the Trainer for a few swings, then alternated back to the LightSpeed for a few rips. I can feel that this thing is going to be a big help to me!


Training aid review points:
Any golf swing training aid, of any type, should imho ... 
- be easy to understand how to use it;
- and be actually easy to use;
- require little to no setup and teardown;
- provide audible, visual and/or tactile feedback when used properly and improperly;
- encourage its continued and repeated use.

➡️ I believe the Orange Whip LightSpeed checks all these boxes.
 

2013106216_OWandLightSpeed-sidebyside.jpg.23ea4f593a6033587f0da6994d9ac1eb.jpg


...I'll come back and add an update after some more time with it.

Great review - thanks for posting. 

  • Like 1

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very Cool. Looks like it would be a great warmup tool.

  • Like 3

In my bag:

Driver:  :Hogan: Ben Hogan GS53 10.5* Stiff Mitsubishi tensei blue

3 Wood: :adams-small: Insight BUL Stiff

Hybrid:  :Sub70: 939x Hybrid UST 680 recoil shaft stiff

Irons: :Sub70: 699 irons  KBS tour 90 v Stiff 

52 Deg:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0

56 deg: :cleveland-small: Reg 588 tour action

60 Deg: :cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0

Putter:bettinardi-small: Studio Stock #3 (Winn 1.32 Pro x grip)

Rangefinder: :CaddyTek: Caddytek V2

 

Check out my MyGolfSpy 2020 Forum Official Tester: Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

That is an interesting question! And I will totally punt and defer you to OW directly to answer that. If you do ask, please update us with their response .. thx!

Tweeted at OW this morning. Will let you guys know what they say.

  • Like 5

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, cksurfdude said:

Thanks! And thx for reading. These things are really great, huh 🏌️

Yes I think I will get the lightspeed trainer now !

  • Like 3

:ping-small: G400 SFT 10. KBS TD 50 Category 3 shaft 

:cobra-small: F9 SpeedBack Black Grey Fairway Wood 5  :Fuji: ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 7 shaft

:taylormade-small: 3 Rescue Hybrid

:ping-small:  4 G Crossover

:cobra-small: F8 Single Length Irons 5-GW OBAN CT-100 shafts 

:ping-small:   Glide 2.0 SS Wedges 54 & 58 

:taylormade-small: TP Red White Ardmore Putter

:Arccos: All clubs use Arccos 

:918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX7 range finder 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nolan220 said:

Yes I think I will get the lightspeed trainer now !

Nice! Hope you start.. Bombing like Bryson 🙂

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

WITB of an "aspiring" 😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*; Tensei CK Blue)
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 7W (Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H (Recoil ZTR)
..Tour Edge HL4 #4 iron-wood (UST Mamiya)
..Callaway Big Bertha CF19 6i (Recoil ZTR) / Apex CF16 7i-PW (Recoil ES 760)
..Hogan Equalizer 50/54/58 black (Recoil ES 760 black SmacWrap)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator...
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/39526-2020-official-member-review-exputt-putting-simulator/page/1/#comments

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/8/2020 at 4:37 PM, cksurfdude said:

That is an interesting question! And I will totally punt and defer you to OW directly to answer that. If you do ask, please update us with their response .. thx!

From OW:

"We are currently testing a number of different counterweights and shaft lengths to see how you can best maximize your speed and gain distance. Stay tuned!"

  • Like 3

Driver: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 9.5* Recoil 460ES cut to 45"
3W: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 15* Recoil 460ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-PW:  :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
AW: :mizuno-small:S5 52*
SW: :cleveland-small: 588
LW: :callaway-small: MD3
Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Marxman
Bag: :bridgestone-small: Tour B Stand Bag
Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

:SuperSpeed: Tester
Starting Driver Speed on PRGR Monitor: 102 mph

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

From OW:

"We are currently testing a number of different counterweights and shaft lengths to see how you can best maximize your speed and gain distance. Stay tuned!"

Hmm. Begs the question, I think - if it's still being tested / developed then what did I buy..?

Possibly they're planning some sort of multi-club set, similar to Super Speed...

Anyway, still happy with whatever it is 😄 that I've got.

And "discovered" something yesterday morning while swinging it .. despite the shaft, obviously, being super flexy .. when I got to the top and instead of a teeny bit of a pause, I consciously stopped my turn and "set" my wrists and felt the shaft bend/ load more. May be onto something good..!

  • Like 5

WITB of an "aspiring" 😉 play-ah ...
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 3W/HL (17*; Tensei CK Blue)
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 7W (Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Big Bertha 4H (Recoil ZTR)
..Tour Edge HL4 #4 iron-wood (UST Mamiya)
..Callaway Big Bertha CF19 6i (Recoil ZTR) / Apex CF16 7i-PW (Recoil ES 760)
..Hogan Equalizer 50/54/58 black (Recoil ES 760 black SmacWrap)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g)
..all in a Datrek Hybrid bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator...
https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/39526-2020-official-member-review-exputt-putting-simulator/page/1/#comments

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cksurfdude said:

Hmm. Begs the question, I think - if it's still being tested / developed then what did I buy..?

Possibly they're planning some sort of multi-club set, similar to Super Speed...

Anyway, still happy with whatever it is 😄 that I've got.

And "discovered" something yesterday morning while swinging it .. despite the shaft, obviously, being super flexy .. when I got to the top and instead of a teeny bit of a pause, I consciously stopped my turn and "set" my wrists and felt the shaft bend/ load more. May be onto something good..!

I'm not sure I could get used to that counterweight ball.  I grip right to the end of the club with my left hand, and I would think that ball would be rubbing my wrist.  I might have to find one to try; probably none around here.

  • Like 2

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hmm. Begs the question, I think - if it's still being tested / developed then what did I buy..?
Possibly they're planning some sort of multi-club set, similar to Super Speed...
Anyway, still happy with whatever it is that I've got.
And "discovered" something yesterday morning while swinging it .. despite the shaft, obviously, being super flexy .. when I got to the top and instead of a teeny bit of a pause, I consciously stopped my turn and "set" my wrists and felt the shaft bend/ load more. May be onto something good..!

Interesting, must be some R&D going on for new products/projects.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'm not sure I could get used to that counterweight ball.  I grip right to the end of the club with my left hand, and I would think that ball would be rubbing my wrist.  I might have to find one to try; probably none around here.

I was apprehensive at 1st but now I love the OW. Loosens me up B4 early morning play w Ole Fart shoulders.


Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 2

Rick

 

 

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'm not sure I could get used to that counterweight ball.  I grip right to the end of the club with my left hand, and I would think that ball would be rubbing my wrist.  I might have to find one to try; probably none around here.

I have the regular OW and I don't even notice the counterweight when swinging it. However, one benefit is that I feel I can be more aggressive in the swing without the potential of 'losing' the club. The counterweight in effect serves as a stop.


Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy
  • Like 3

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

:cobra-small: F Max 5 wood

:ping-small:  9 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*
:wilson-small: C300 4i-GP
:cleveland-small:  Wedges RTX 3.0: 52*, 56*
:ping-small: EYE 2 Wedge 60*

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain:

:SuperSpeed: Official Tester 2020   Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Rickp said:


I was apprehensive at 1st but now I love the OW. Loosens me up B4 early morning play w Ole Fart shoulders.
 

I use the Skilz Gold Flex for that purpose.  10 full swings left and right handed before play is mandatory, but it's a good loosening up of the OF shoulders anytime.

4 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:


I have the regular OW and I don't even notice the counterweight when swinging it. However, one benefit is that I feel I can be more aggressive in the swing without the potential of 'losing' the club. The counterweight in effect serves as a stop.
 

Good to know.  I am interested in the Lightspeed.

  • Like 3

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...