Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Do you warm up with two clubs or a weighted club? Might want to check this out

NGage

I remember watching that episode. I still think swinging a weighted club is fine, just remember not to swing the real club that slowly. Also, I wouldn't hit balls with the weighted club, it could ruin your timing. Unless your timing sucks, then go for it!

• SPY VIP

I use my weighted club on the range. Hit 5 balls, take 5 swings with the weighted club, repeat. Great way to build muscle.

Here is the one I bought, much cheaper than momnetus: http://www.mggolf.com/misc.asp?ru=0&te=&v=&shopping=&f=n#GROOVIE

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

I've never tried this before... I'll have to try it the next time I get out to the range...I'm getting so many tips from this board that I needed to start a list...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

I also want a shot at try the weighted club. At the range, I shoot for targets instead of just blasting away, I find it helps me more and translates better to the course.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

• SPY VIP

I also want a shot at try the weighted club. At the range, I shoot for targets instead of just blasting away, I find it helps me more and translates better to the course.

I do this too. One thing that I learned so far is that every shot needs to count, like on the course. I try to visualize the approach when I hit. Our range is nice because there are greens with flags at 100, 150, and 200 yards.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

I use a SKLZ Power Sleeve to warm up. Highly recommended - just stick it in your bag when you're done.

Power-Sleeve-Golf-Club-Weight-Train.jpg

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

How does that thing work?

It has three long velcro straps shown in the pic that you use to wrap the weight around the shaft of a club (there is a slot that you push the shaft into). Once secure, it turns one of the clubs already in your bag into a weighted club.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

It has three long velcro straps shown in the pic that you use to wrap the weight around the shaft of a club (there is a slot that you push the shaft into). Once secure, it turns one of the clubs already in your bag into a weighted club.

Nifty, I might have to check that out.

Cool toy, but I would probably forget it in a pocket and then wonder why my bag was so heavy.

Early onset of Alzheimers? B)

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

I the new thing around tour, maybe just a few guys, i think one of the brothers that won that tournet together over there do this but they put the grip down to the ground and swing that way to listen to the woosh to make sure it is loudest at the ground, moment of impact whatever u want to call it but i think the science is right here if it is messing up timing that bad then dont do it at all with a golf swing motion i can see a different swing excercise to build up muscles better than to do this to mess up ur timing i would definately stay away from this, especially if timing is any kind of issue with ur swing, which is 99.9% of golfers out there sooooooooo...... golfer beware

Andrew Bush da lefty of the forum.

Cleveland DST Tour 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard.

Nike Sasquatch 4 wood with diamana blue.

Nike Sasquatch 3 hybrid with diamana hybrid shaft

Callaway x forged 4-pw with prject x flighted 6.0

Callaway x forged 52 and 56 chrome

Callaway x forged 60 vintage

Odyssey white hot tour number 5.

Nike one platinum soon to be nike tour running out of the platinums!!!!!!!

Good video. I also remember seeing that episode (this was a cool show, do they still make it?), and I instantly thought of it when I saw the title. I do have a heavy club (it's actually just a giant steel pipe with athletic tape wrapped around one end, a bootleg version of Vijay's rebar heavy club), but I don't use it much. It does make a certain amount of common sense: train your muscles to do what you want them to do. If you want them to move fast, train them fast. If you train them to go slow, they will go slow.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Archived