Testers Wanted: Sub 70 Pro V2 Fairway Woods ×

Shot Scope Users Group

DarthGator007

On 4/24/2023 at 6:28 AM, PhilM75072 said:

Just curious. Was it your first time playing that course? If not, how long since you last played it? Even with the V3, I have found if I haven't played my home course in a week or more, it takes a very long time to find the satellites and synch the course.

It was and I hope this weekend's attempt will go faster now that it's seen the course before. 

My bag is a revolving door!

General question: I’m still new to Shot Scope, but I have three putters I might rotate during the season. Can I tag and name all three to do comparisons if needed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ping G430 Max 10.5 degree PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 65

Ping G430 Max 3 Wood PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 75

Ping G430 Max 7 Wood PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 75

Ping 3i iCrossover PING Tour 2.0 Chrome 85

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 56/10

Ping Glide 4.0 60/10

Ping Kushin 4 putter

Maxfli Tour & Wilson Triad White Golf Balls

3 minutes ago, nupezb said:

General question: I’m still new to Shot Scope, but I have three putters I might rotate during the season. Can I tag and name all three to do comparisons if needed?

Yes you can.  I've got a couple of clubs that move in and out of my bag on occasion.  Each new club you add to a particular tab will show up as a different color for comparison purposes.

Cobra Aerojet Max driver

Cobra Aerojet Max 3 wood and 7 wood

Cobra Aerojet 4/5/6 hybrids

Cobra Aerojet 7-PW, GW

Cobra Snakebite 52° and 58° wedges

Cobra King Stingray 20 putter

36 minutes ago, cnosil said:

I follow the bold strategy.  What is a layup? 🤪

So in truth we're no different than the "bomb and gouge" pros we often lament as playing boring golf.  Well, maybe a little different but why squabble over a few hundred feet 😊.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

Yes you can.  I've got a couple of clubs that move in and out of my bag on occasion.  Each new club you add to a particular tab will show up as a different color for comparison purposes.

Thanks. I just ordered some putter tags.

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 56/10

Ping Glide 4.0 60/10

Ping Kushin 4 putter

22 hours ago, MIgregb said:

I'm curious whether either of you had the lock feature turned off for golf? I'm assuming that's one of the reasons SS has separate lock functions for golf and watch.

I have mine unlocked for both.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

20 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

🤣. Sorry I can't help you with the  phone issues - I am surprised since I know a bunch of guys that use your operating system and the SS app. Maybe @MattF can help you. 

Even though I having issues with the X5, I love the watch and all of the new features. Knowing SS they're diligently working on the firmware(?) issue. 

I have a Pixel 7 so it's pure Android. I think that some of the issues for Android users are their manufacturers version of the OS. Samsung etc make changes to the OS before it's released for their phones whereas the Google phones get the straight update.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I was rereading the manual last night and one item jumped out at me - it says that the operating distance for the sensors/watch is 10 centimeters  which is 3.9 inches. I wonder if that effects those that utilize a putter grip where the watch hand is further away. In my  case as a lefty if my putter grip was 'right hand low' it would probably be beyond the range of 10 centimeters. I don't have the issue as my grip happens to be LHL, and my putts get picked up consistently - but just something to keep in mind. 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

An update on my 3rd time out with the X5. It had a great deal of difficulty finding the course, the same course I've played 2 other times with no other course in between. It initially faulted out after about 10 minutes; it just went back to the "Play Golf" screen. Tried again and it found it in a couple of minutes. While not cloudless, the sky was mostly sunny at the time. Everything went smoothly from there. 

Played 10 holes (one warm-up hole waiting for others to arrive, emphasis on "warming up"!!) with the 9 hole round lasting 1 hr 53 mins. It had 71% remaining battery. Prior to the .84 firmware update, I had 78% battery remaining after playing 9 holes that took 2-1/2 hours. I know it wasn't apples-to-apples since yesterday was 10 holes, but it was still less time in the GPS/Track mode since the 10th hole took less than 15 mins including walking to and from that tee and green. The battery life is still fine, it just doesn't seem to be as good as before the .84 update on my X5.

I had one other anomaly. Before heading out, I wanted to connect the X5 and app to check for updates. It wouldn't connect. So I tried a series of easy to more involved steps learned from prior work arounds with the V3, and it took wiping out the app data (in Android, you go to the app in settings where you can wipe the cache or data without uninstalling the app itself), then signing back into the app before it would connect. I turned the X5 off/on with each step I took, but I did not have to unpair it; that would have been the next step.  I only bring this up because until this happened, the X5 and app never faulted in any way when trying to connect or sync rounds/courses.

I'm still learning my way around things while playing but I wish there was a quicker way to get to the pause function. I used to complain that it took too long to press & hold the button on the V3 to pause it, and that was only 3 seconds with one button push. Sheesh, I need to learn to shut my mouth!!! 

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X Driver w/ :Fuji: Motore X F35R shaft, :srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft, :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi 24 deg Hybrid Iron, :mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts, :titleist-small: SM9 54.12D & 58.08M deg wedges, :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice, :titleist-small: -Pro V1X (preferred) or :maxfli: Tour X ball, :ShotScope: X5 Watch, Nikon Laser 500 range finder.

My 2024 Titleist SM10 Wedge Review:

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/64494-vokey-sm10-wedges-2024-forum-review/?do=findComment&comment=1065367

24 minutes ago, MIgregb said:

An update on my 3rd time out with the X5. It had a great deal of difficulty finding the course, the same course I've played 2 other times with no other course in between. It initially faulted out after about 10 minutes; it just went back to the "Play Golf" screen. Tried again and it found it in a couple of minutes. While not cloudless, the sky was mostly sunny at the time. Everything went smoothly from there. 

Played 10 holes (one warm-up hole waiting for others to arrive, emphasis on "warming up"!!) with the 9 hole round lasting 1 hr 53 mins. It had 71% remaining battery. Prior to the .84 firmware update, I had 78% battery remaining after playing 9 holes that took 2-1/2 hours. I know it wasn't apples-to-apples since yesterday was 10 holes, but it was still less time in the GPS/Track mode since the 10th hole took less than 15 mins including walking to and from that tee and green. The battery life is still fine, it just doesn't seem to be as good as before the .84 update on my X5.

I had one other anomaly. Before heading out, I wanted to connect the X5 and app to check for updates. It wouldn't connect. So I tried a series of easy to more involved steps learned from prior work arounds with the V3, and it took wiping out the app data (in Android, you go to the app in settings where you can wipe the cache or data without uninstalling the app itself), then signing back into the app before it would connect. I turned the X5 off/on with each step I took, but I did not have to unpair it; that would have been the next step.  I only bring this up because until this happened, the X5 and app never faulted in any way when trying to connect or sync rounds/courses.

I'm still learning my way around things while playing but I wish there was a quicker way to get to the pause function. I used to complain that it took too long to press & hold the button on the V3 to pause it, and that was only 3 seconds with one button push. Sheesh, I need to learn to shut my mouth!!! 

Thanks for the update. I'm going out tonight by myself to play 9. I need to try all of the functions available with the X5. When I play with others I feel too rushed to get into the other screens as I don't wan to hold up the group. As mentioned in my previous message I'm also rereading the manual and will probably even take it with me tonight when I play. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

1 hour ago, tony@CIC said:

I was rereading the manual last night and one item jumped out at me - it says that the operating distance for the sensors/watch is 10 centimeters  which is 3.9 inches. I wonder if that effects those that utilize a putter grip where the watch hand is further away. In my  case as a lefty if my putter grip was 'right hand low' it would probably be beyond the range of 10 centimeters. I don't have the issue as my grip happens to be LHL, and my putts get picked up consistently - but just something to keep in mind. 

Is the 10cm distance for the V3 or the X5? I was thinking that's for the V3 but I may be wrong.

I do putt LHL (as a righty) & that was one of my beefs with the V3 - it missed putts when I went from 'standard' to LHL putting mid-season.

I thought I read the X5 is supposed to have an increased sensor/watch range to alleviate the 'x-hand-low' issue but haven't trialed it yet (yes, I'm still trialing that 'other system') 🤦‍♂️

Thanks to all for relaying all of the +/- you're encountering. The weather in Indiana has been ridiculous but April showers bring May flowers...and hopefully filled, lush fairways 

:callaway-small: Epic Flash

:cobra-small: King F8 3W

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Max 7W

:ping-small: G425 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50/54/58

:bettinardi-small: Inovai 6.0

:taylormade-small: Tour Response or :wilson_staff_small: Triad (both thanks to MGS testing) 

On 4/25/2023 at 8:38 AM, StrokerAce said:

** in desperate need for 8-10 tags but cannot find them anywhere (sold out on the shotscope website) ... HELP! **

woohoo! 🥳 tags are back in stock if you need any - https://shotscope.com/us/products/accessories/golf-tracking-tags/

Driver-  Titleist  TSR3 10*
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*
Irons- Titleist 718 AP2 (5i-50*)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Wilson Infinite Grant Park
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

31 minutes ago, CudaKota66 said:

Is the 10cm distance for the V3 or the X5? I was thinking that's for the V3 but I may be wrong.

I do putt LHL (as a righty) & that was one of my beefs with the V3 - it missed putts when I went from 'standard' to LHL putting mid-season.

I thought I read the X5 is supposed to have an increased sensor/watch range to alleviate the 'x-hand-low' issue but haven't trialed it yet (yes, I'm still trialing that 'other system') 🤦‍♂️

Thanks to all for relaying all of the +/- you're encountering. The weather in Indiana has been ridiculous but April showers bring May flowers...and hopefully filled, lush fairways 

The 10cm comes from the X5 manual. Not sure if it was different for the V3 - I never read that manual 🤪

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

1 hour ago, MIgregb said:

I had one other anomaly. Before heading out, I wanted to connect the X5 and app to check for updates. It wouldn't connect. 

Don't know if this might help in your case, but I have an older Android and when that problem popped up (V2, V3) I'd...

.. toggle Off both Bluetooth and Location.

.. toggle back On both Bluetooth and Location

.. And then was able to Connect Device.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
3H...Cobra King Tec (MMT 70/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Took the X5 out for a 9 hole test tonight and it performed flawlessly. As mentioned previously I really like the scoring - at the end of the round didn't have to add up the score (BTW a 42). That feature I really like. The hazard distances were ok - didn't use them much since I know the course very well. This would come in handy on new courses I play along with the upcoming dogleg feature be a nice add on. I also tried the 'move pin' feature - it worked just fine but I don't think I'll use it since I always use a LRF for precise distances along with the FMB on the watch. At the end of 9 I had 88% battery remaining. 

A couple of quirks; initially I had a problem accessing GPS sat. on a course I've played before. It looked like it was locked up so I hit the back button and started over and it immediately acquired the GPS sat. Also at the end I noticed that the time was on 24 vs 12 hour. I know I set it for 12 - but just maybe it was operator error. A more thorough test coming on Friday morning - as long as we don't get rained out. 

That's it folks. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

First round out this evening with the X5. Only played nine holes and forgot to get it gps connected until right at tee off time - only took about 2 minutes. Aside from my normal user issues it was flawless. I used the score function but had no idea how to access it later - will try this evening. Battery remaining a couple of hours after playing nine holes was 53% so fine for 18 holes but no way to get beyond that it seems. It was a good playing experience vs my v3 - with the mixed feedback so far, I was a bit hesitant to use it this time out - but it was a good experience 👍👍

Titleist T300 (2022) 5-PW, W48, W53 plus Taylormade Full Face 56 SW 

Current  driver Titleist TSi3

Hybrids Titleist 818 19 H2 23 H2

Gamer Putter Nike Method Matters B1-07

Ball Titleist Tour Speed / Taylormade Tour Response

Bag is Titleist Linksmaster 

Pushcart is Kaddey

Rangefinder is Voice Caddie SL2

Shotscope club tags 

11 hours ago, golferguy2727 said:

I used the score function but had no idea how to access it later - will try this evening. 

I don't think you can access the final score screen once you turn off the watch - I reread the manual and don't see it there as well. I assume that they figured the user would be downloading the watch to the app which has the round info.

I did notice in reviewing the round that on one hole the tee shot was captured incorrectly. It had me hitting my drive from the tips vs normal tee box I have set up. On that point in both the video and the instructions it says when you start the gps/tracking you can set the tee box - I have not had that functionality come up. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

20 minutes ago, tony@CIC said:

I don't think you can access the final score screen once you turn off the watch - I reread the manual and don't see it there as well. I assume that they figured the user would be downloading the watch to the app which has the round info.

I did notice in reviewing the round that on one hole the tee shot was captured incorrectly. It had me hitting my drive from the tips vs normal tee box I have set up. On that point in both the video and the instructions it says when you start the gps/tracking you can set the tee box - I have not had that functionality come up. 

Thanks @tony@CIC - that’s helpful. I didn’t follow it during the round since I have Shotscope running plus my Golf  Canada app plus a scorecard …. I just wondered how the score did function worked and whether it would be useful for me - unless I grown more hands or a better sense of attention, I should probably stop while I’m ahead and just enjoy the game 🤭🤭

Titleist T300 (2022) 5-PW, W48, W53 plus Taylormade Full Face 56 SW 

Current  driver Titleist TSi3

Hybrids Titleist 818 19 H2 23 H2

Gamer Putter Nike Method Matters B1-07

Ball Titleist Tour Speed / Taylormade Tour Response

Bag is Titleist Linksmaster 

Pushcart is Kaddey

Rangefinder is Voice Caddie SL2

Shotscope club tags 

I played nine holes today on the fifth hole. I drove the ball into the water, so I decided to use the lost ball feature. I grabbed my five iron the X5 detected it on my watch. For my next shot, I grabbed a wedge to Chip it on the green. As I grabbed my putter, the five iron still showed on my watch. I tapped my putter against my watch, and nothing happened. I recorded my score and went to the next hole, and my Tags stopped working. My watch basically went into GPS only for my last four holes. 8336cf8337a43c18875a014c4bf3542c.jpg

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 56/10

Ping Glide 4.0 60/10

Ping Kushin 4 putter

4 minutes ago, nupezb said:

I played nine holes today on the fifth hole. I drove the ball into the water, so I decided to use the lost ball feature. I grabbed my five iron the X5 detected it on my watch. For my next shot, I grabbed a wedge to Chip it on the green. As I grabbed my putter, the five iron still showed on my watch. I tapped my putter against my watch, and nothing happened. I recorded my score and went to the next hole, and my Tags stopped working. My watch basically went into GPS only for my last four holes. 8336cf8337a43c18875a014c4bf3542c.jpg

If/when you find out what went wrong, please let us know.  Your post has validated in my mind to hold off on the X5 for a while, and stay with my V3, until most of the bugs have been addressed.

• Bag             1590477705_SunMountain.png.3391233ea391e8b6fde951d09bc76f6b.png  C130, 14 way Cart Bag
  • Driver         Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png       TSR1
  • Fairway.      635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png      Halo XL Hy-Wood 4+
  • Fairway      default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg                GBB Epic 5
  • Hybrid        default_callaway-small.jpg.aef84328349c576af498d3d5dca1addb.jpg                Epic Flash 3H
  • Irons          635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png         Launcher HB, 4 through PW
  • Wedges     635785482_Cleveland3.png.bafd9f7d003e9f8afcafc6c28e307467.png         CBX2, 54 & 60 degree
  • Putter        Seemore3.jpg.1cb64ec83d2511c1ee1a386340a04d4e.jpg       Seemore Si1 Putter
  • Ball            Titleist2.png.8b09d3ee0000870a77d83dce357a0efd.png        Titleist pro v1x
  • Other        2000014788_ArccosSig.jpg.af5434230b907b708eb89aebd4125f95.jpg

lazarus.png

3 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

That happens if the tee box you are hitting from has not been mapped properly as a tee box (either a temporary tee or not very distinguishable on satellite imagery used to map the course), or the club tag was not sensed, so it puts your drive at the tips. Selecting the tee box on the watch when starting the round has nothing to do with where tee shots originate. The shot is placed at the point at which you hit it, unless like I just stated.

In my TaylorMade Supreme Golf Bag:
Driver:  PXG Gen 6 0311 10.5° with Motore X F3 R Shaft 45"
3W:  Callaway 3W Mavrik Max w/ UST Helium Black 4F2
5W: Callaway Epic Flash (+1/N) w/ Project X Evenflow Green R Flex
Hybrid:  Callaway Big Bertha 4H (+1/N) w/ UST Recoil 760 ES F2
Irons: Callaway Apex CF19 with UST Recoil F2 shafts
Wedges: Callaway MD5 54° and 58° with KBS steel shafts.
Putter:  Seemore Original FGP Mallet or Toulon Portland
Ball:  Currently Bridgestone Tour B RX Mindset

1 hour ago, Paul Hedrick said:

If/when you find out what went wrong, please let us know.  Your post has validated in my mind to hold off on the X5 for a while, and stay with my V3, until most of the bugs have been addressed.

As someone who previously used Garmin and Arccos, I'm new to Shot Scope. Ahead of my second outing with the device, I diligently read the entire manual and knew that the X5 takes some time to acquire a satellite. Thus, I started my watch upon arrival at the course and used the pause tracking feature once it gained a satellite. I explored some in-menu options, including the "lost ball" feature, as I was playing alone.

Typically, I don't do much with my watch during rounds other than checking for hazards. Unfortunately, I encountered some issues when the tags stopped working. Despite this setback, I remained hopeful that the GPS and scorecard functions would still work and that I could make some post-round edits. However, I was disappointed to discover that the scorecard stopped after the fifth hole once I uploaded my data. This was incredibly frustrating because I played better during the last four holes and wanted to review the corresponding stats.

Wilson D9 Forged 5-GW

Ping Glide 4.0 56/10

Ping Glide 4.0 60/10

Ping Kushin 4 putter

5 hours ago, PhilM75072 said:

That happens if the tee box you are hitting from has not been mapped properly as a tee box (either a temporary tee or not very distinguishable on satellite imagery used to map the course), or the club tag was not sensed, so it puts your drive at the tips. Selecting the tee box on the watch when starting the round has nothing to do with where tee shots originate. The shot is placed at the point at which you hit it, unless like I just stated.

Not a mapping issue since I've been using a V3 on this course since spring 2022. Interesting point of the tag though - just to be safe I just swapped out all of the tags with the new ones. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart

18 hours ago, PhilM75072 said:

Selecting the tee box on the watch when starting the round has nothing to do with where tee shots originate.

Just to emphasize this point, the X5 only offers White and Blue tees at the course I play during startup. I play from the Gold tees and every tee shot is shown from where I tee off, not from the White tees. I then change the tee when I edit the round.

23 hours ago, tony@CIC said:

On that point in both the video and the instructions it says when you start the gps/tracking you can set the tee box - I have not had that functionality come up. 

I've only had one tee box appear at either of the 3 courses I've played with the X5, not the range of tee boxes at the course. I was thinking that it corresponded back to tee boxes you've used in posted rounds, but that doesn't appear to be the case as I've used 2 different tees at one of the 3 courses.

:cobra-small: Dark Speed X Driver w/ :Fuji: Motore X F35R shaft, :srixon-small: ZX 5 Wood & 7 Wood w/Evenflow Riptide 5.5 shaft, :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi 24 deg Hybrid Iron, :mizuno-small: JPX919 Hot Metal 5-GW w/Project X LZ 5.5 shafts, :titleist-small: SM9 54.12D & 58.08M deg wedges, :odyssey-small: Sabertooth White Ice, :titleist-small: -Pro V1X (preferred) or :maxfli: Tour X ball, :ShotScope: X5 Watch, Nikon Laser 500 range finder.

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/64494-vokey-sm10-wedges-2024-forum-review/?do=findComment&comment=1065367

I played my 4th 9-hole round using the X5 yesterday (I've GOT to find a way to play more 18 hole rounds!!!) in mostly sunny to mostly cloudy skies in mid-Michigan. This was the most problematic round I've had; it missed two shots completely. One was a 6 iron punch-out from the base of a tree that went about 50 yards. I coincidentally used the same 6 iron for the next shot, but it was well away from my punch-out so it shouldn't have thought it to be the same shot. The 2nd was a 9 iron that only went about 10 yards after I hit underneath the ball raised up on a tuft a grass. I switched to my wedge for the next shot and that was the one recorded. I'm using the new tags that came with the X5 so tags shouldn't be an issue. 

I couldn't find it again, but I remember reading something about the X5 using AI to learn the user's patterns to cut down on inadvertent shot detection such as when you swing a club away from the ball to stay loose. I don't know if that's at play here or if I completely misread it. 

16 minutes ago, MIgregb said:

One was a 6 iron punch-out from the base of a tree that went about 50 yards. I coincidentally used the same 6 iron for the next shot, but it was well away from my punch-out so it shouldn't have thought it to be the same shot. The 2nd was a 9 iron that only went about 10 yards after I hit underneath the ball raised up on a tuft a grass. I switched to my wedge for the next shot and that was the one recorded. I'm using the new tags that came with the X5 so tags shouldn't be an issue. 

With regard to that 9i, my understanding of the algorithm with the V3 was that a shot had to travel at least 5 yards. Could that have changed with the X5? Also, in regard to the 6i, I believe the algorithm was that two shots with the same club had to be at least 45 seconds apart. Was that a factor in your case?

31 minutes ago, PhilM75072 said:

With regard to that 9i, my understanding of the algorithm with the V3 was that a shot had to travel at least 5 yards. Could that have changed with the X5? Also, in regard to the 6i, I believe the algorithm was that two shots with the same club had to be at least 45 seconds apart. Was that a factor in your case?

I didn't know about the 45 sec feature, but I'm certain it was well over that. I had to wait for a playing partner to hit his shot before my 2nd with the 6 iron. Thanks!

4 hours ago, MIgregb said:

I've only had one tee box appear at either of the 3 courses I've played with the X5, not the range of tee boxes at the course. I was thinking that it corresponded back to tee boxes you've used in posted rounds, but that doesn't appear to be the case as I've used 2 different tees at one of the 3 courses.

@tony@CIC I can't see ShotScope being able to accurately map multiple tee boxes when I really think about it....rather, just a general tee area.

I know one of my home courses move tee markers, combine tee markers, use parallel tee boxes, etc from day-to-day for wear purposes (read-as to protect the teeing grounds). 

In addition, when satellite mapping, the mapper can see a tee box but I doubt they can designate/determine a tee marker - let alone the color.

Greens don't move - only the pin position changes. Thus, either use a LRF, or allowing movement of pin position on the X5 (whereas the Vx-versions only relayed F/M/B yardages & let the player do the estimations/calculations) to the pin.

I wonder if we're expecting too much 🤔

:callaway-small: Epic Flash

:cobra-small: King F8 3W

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Max 7W

:ping-small: G425 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50/54/58

:bettinardi-small: Inovai 6.0

:taylormade-small: Tour Response or :wilson_staff_small: Triad (both thanks to MGS testing) 

Just got back from playing 18. Everything worked fine - including going from one 9 to another. That is until I got to 18. I lost the gps/tracking just as I was on the tee box. Went to look at the distance to the hole and just had the watch face on. When I went into the menu it wanted me to start again. 

I'm going to do a reset of the firmware to see if that helps. 

Left Hand orientation

EZGO TXT 48v cart