Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Heading to Orlando for the PGA Show, and want to play on Sunday Jan 23rd

MmmmmmBuddy

Aloha Spies,

I am making the trek to the PGA Merchandise show in January, and am looking to play a round on Sunday the 23rd.  Doesn't have to be in Orlando proper.  My flight lands at 6:30 am, so I would need time to get my luggage and rental car and travel to the course.

I am down to play anywhere...

Thoughts?

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

6 hours ago, MmmmmmBuddy said:

Aloha Spies,

I am making the trek to the PGA Merchandise show in January, and am looking to play a round on Sunday the 23rd.  Doesn't have to be in Orlando proper.  My flight lands at 6:30 am, so I would need time to get my luggage and rental car and travel to the course.

Thoughts?

Have fun Nic, but take warm clothes and rain gear.  Been there twice during that time period several years ago; cold, windy and wet!!

Maybe you could hook up with @tony@CIC or @Rickp.  

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Thanks Kenny. 

super busy week. Appointments and education all day every day. 

just trying to playa little 

Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

I'm thinking about trying to attend the show in 2023 (now that i have a small business in the golf industry). 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

44 minutes ago, dlow206 said:

I'm thinking about trying to attend the show in 2023 (now that i have a small business in the golf industry). 

Exhibiting is so cost prohibitive.  I’d start with the PNW PGA merch show to start. 

15 minutes ago, MmmmmmBuddy said:

Exhibiting is so cost prohibitive.  I’d start with the PNW PGA merch show to start. 

Oh, i wouldn't have an exhibit. Just would go to check things out, looking at other people's exhibits, etc. 

Follow my golf journey to break into the 80s

Tester for the Titleist TSi Driver

Spring 2020 MGS Tester for the Fujikura Motore X Shaft

Updated 07/15/2022
Driver:callaway-small: Rogue St Max LS - Autoflex
Fairway Woods:callaway-small: Rogue Max St 3HL and 7 Wood
Irons:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal 5 to AW - Aerotech Steelfiber i95 Stiff parallel tip
Wedges:ping-small: Glide 4.0 54 and 58
Putter:  :ping-small: PLD Custom Kushin 4

20 hours ago, MmmmmmBuddy said:

Aloha Spies,

Thoughts?

There are literally dozens of courses, in the greater MCO area.  If you wanted something close to the airport, Falcons Fire and Hunters Creek aren't too far.  If you want something a bit closer to the convention center area where your hotel probably is, Shingle Creek is very good.   Oh go a bit west (20 to 30 minutes) of the convention center and you can't go wrong with any of the multitude of choices,  Champions Gate, Grande Lakes, Disney Courses, Grandy Cypress (my personal favorite) Reunion Resort.   But keep in mind, during normal PGA Show week a lot of those courses are filled up with corporate outings and other play.   This year with the attendance expected to be almost non existent, it shouldn't be as bad. 

Definitely let us know how the show goes with some pics from the floor etc. I will be very shocked if it isn't practically a ghost town.  I know most of the Major OEM's aren't going, and none of the peers I have talked to are planning on going, with the exception of couple who are going for the PGA credits as you mentioned. 

Have fun!

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

There are literally dozens of courses, in the greater MCO area.  If you wanted something close to the airport, Falcons Fire and Hunters Creek aren't too far.  If you want something a bit closer to the convention center area where your hotel probably is, Shingle Creek is very good.   Oh go a bit west (20 to 30 minutes) of the convention center and you can't go wrong with any of the multitude of choices,  Champions Gate, Grande Lakes, Disney Courses, Grandy Cypress (my personal favorite) Reunion Resort.   But keep in mind, during normal PGA Show week a lot of those courses are filled up with corporate outings and other play.   This year with the attendance expected to be almost non existent, it shouldn't be as bad. 

Definitely let us know how the show goes with some pics from the floor etc. I will be very shocked if it isn't practically a ghost town.  I know most of the Major OEM's aren't going, and none of the peers I have talked to are planning on going, with the exception of couple who are going for the PGA credits as you mentioned. 

Have fun!

Thanks for the input..  I think that attendance will absolutely be lighter this year. I don't know anyone from the PNW that is making the trip.  I am not super interested in seeing all of the major OEM product. My reps will bring it by soon after.. The main reason for the trip is for the education and to attend the NCGOA National Golf Business Conference. I always learn a few things talking to other owner/operators from around the country.

I have a Buddy Trip to Kissimmee/Orlando every Spring so the following are possibilities….

North Shore

Falcons Fire

Champions Gate National 

Stonegate at Solla Vita

Hawks Landing

All are great layouts with terrific course maintenance.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

3 hours ago, fozcycle said:

I have a Buddy Trip to Kissimmee/Orlando every Spring so the following are possibilities….

North Shore

Falcons Fire

Champions Gate National 

Stonegate at Solla Vita

Hawks Landing

All are great layouts with terrific course maintenance.

I've played Falcons Fire, Champions Gate (both courses) and Hawks Landing; all nice courses, as is Shingle Creek.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Thanks for the input fellas..  

I was looking at Champions Gate as well as Shingle Creek..  Was also considering making the trip to Streamsong for the day..  I just don't see myself traveling across the country only to play, and I'm sure that convincing SWMBO of that is a near impossibility.