Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Sluggo’s Golftec Lessons

25 minutes ago, Ed S said:

Hopefully you’re still with GOLFTEC so that you can spend your self-practice noting your distances with your new clubs once you have them

Yea- I’m pretty sure Joey will do a gapping session with me to see what they do

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Ok, last lesson happened today. It was all pitching. Kind of how to get over traps, or a little water etc.

set up was open, ball way up with toes on lead foot. Less forward press with club. Shoulders in line with target. Weight on forward leg. Not a big wrist hinge at all. Swing on the target line too. Use the clock face for distance control, at 5 yards per half hour according to left arm. ie 9:00 for 30 yards.

to be fair, the whole clockface and distance thing is going to take practice. Like an open space and marking 5 yard increments etc. not the easiest thing to practice.

my first few swings I was skulling it,  by lifting my head up too soon. He wanted me to keep my head in the shot until the ball was well on its way.

after a while I started getting it, and was getting some good spin too, which was helping kill the ball quickly.

so now the lessons are complete, and the onus is now up to me. It will require some practice time to ingrain all the math required and to swing the correct amount of the clock face. I’m guessing that pros have spent hours and hours honing in their distances, but, that’s why a large number of them put their little approach shots right on the pin, and save their pars. What looks effortless to us watching them on TV, is effortless to them. But only because they’ve spent forever and a day practicing and honing.

but now I have the “how to”, from the full swing, down to the little chips. We didn’t do a specific driver, or putting lessons. I’m doing reasonable with those areas and got my help where I felt I needed. Now I just need to practice, practice, and practice. That’s the thing about golf. Every shot is unique to itself. I suppose the driver is the most “regular” aspect. Most tee boxes are level, and the ball is at the same height. But after that, it can be anything. 

so can “lessons” fix you? I don’t thing anything can fix you in this game. But can lessons help you maybe play better? I think so. 

Well I feel the need to make another post about lessons, after the last two days. 

if you are seriously thinking about getting some lessons- do it.

Part of my reasoning was deciding on new clubs or lessons- and I’m striking the ball SO MUCH BETTER because of the lessons- my Hogans are singing to me right now, even tho my p770’s will be here in a day or two. ( I couldn’t resist the allure of the shiny new!) But there were a few times today where I was wondering if getting the new irons might be a mistake, because of knowing exactly what the hogans are going to do-

but when you are striping the fairways with the driver, and then nonchalantly dropping all your second shots on the green, it occurs to you that it’s not the clubs doing that, it’s your new educated swing that’s doing that. With your “old clubs”…

now the new clubs will just be sugar on top. 

Now “Golf Tec” was my lessons provider, and Joey was my personal instructor, and obviously I’m pretty happy about it all. Butttt, I’m not saying that these guys are the only instructors in town- there are lots of options available. But if you’re seriously wanting to improve, I would put lessons ahead of new gear… in a heartbeat…

6 hours ago, Sluggo42 said:

Well I feel the need to make another post about lessons, after the last two days. 

if you are seriously thinking about getting some lessons- do it.

Part of my reasoning was deciding on new clubs or lessons- and I’m striking the ball SO MUCH BETTER because of the lessons- my Hogans are singing to me right now, even tho my p770’s will be here in a day or two. ( I couldn’t resist the allure of the shiny new!) But there were a few times today where I was wondering if getting the new irons might be a mistake, because of knowing exactly what the hogans are going to do-

but when you are striping the fairways with the driver, and then nonchalantly dropping all your second shots on the green, it occurs to you that it’s not the clubs doing that, it’s your new educated swing that’s doing that. With your “old clubs”…

now the new clubs will just be sugar on top. 

Now “Golf Tec” was my lessons provider, and Joey was my personal instructor, and obviously I’m pretty happy about it all. Butttt, I’m not saying that these guys are the only instructors in town- there are lots of options available. But if you’re seriously wanting to improve, I would put lessons ahead of new gear… in a heartbeat…

So your saying that indoor golf lessons can actually transfer to real golf?!?!?!?

Mavrik Max Driver

M2 5W

818 hybrids

Steelhead XR Irons

ZipCore wedges

SeeMore PR M7X

1 hour ago, Tyler86 said:

So your saying that indoor golf lessons can actually transfer to real golf?!?!?!?

Without a doubt… and for people who live in inclement weather areas, even more so… butttt, indoor or outdoor, lessons are very helpful for someone who wishes to improve their play…

11 hours ago, Tyler86 said:

Yes because as Monte stated in a post on wrx the focus gets away from ball flight and result to movement patterns.

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you very much for this question and its solution. Quite an interesting task if you take it and solve it in terms of sociology. At https://assignmentbro.com/ca/sociology-assignment-help I recently received very qualified help in sociology and sociological research to help me write research on this subject.

Edited by Jasper Bryant