Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Skinny jeans and golf shirt crumbs

Todays clothes are simply cut in a way that doesn't work for me.  Surely I'm not alone in this.

Continually struggling to find decent shirts, I am not BIG AND TALL candidate,  hoped some of you had shirts that worked with thicker shoulders and a mid section that may appear you are storing food for the winter.   

Not looking to pay $100 per shirt if that matters.    I should wear a medium, but todays shirts the larges are often too tight, though more than long enough

Brands I have tried with little success lately - Under Armour, Nike, YATTA, Cutter and Buck (not their highest end stretchy offerings though).

Callaway seems to work better than most others lately, but would like other options to those as often they are too long if they fit elsewhere.

Thanks!

WITB

Drivers: Cobra F9 w/Atmos

HOOK STICKS(hybrids): Adams Pro 20*/23*  hook sticks!🤓

IRONS: Bridgestone Tour Stage TS-202 (5-PW)  /  Yamaha Inpres XV Forged (5-PW)   /   Ping Eye2 (3-S)

WEDGES: Callaway MackDaddy2 52*/56*

PUTTER: Ping Zing2 /  Anser4  /  Bobby Grace LoPro   / Bobby Grace Fat Lady Swings

BALLS:   :srixon-small:  Z-Star    :vice:  Pro +

:ping-small:        :callaway-logo-1:   :cobra-small:   :1332069271_TommyArmour:      :bobby-grace-1:   :adams-small:      :cleveland-small: 

1 hour ago, Badams69 said:

Todays clothes are simply cut in a way that doesn't work for me.  Surely I'm not alone in this.

Continually struggling to find decent shirts, I am not BIG AND TALL candidate,  hoped some of you had shirts that worked with thicker shoulders and a mid section that may appear you are storing food for the winter.   

Not looking to pay $100 per shirt if that matters.    I should wear a medium, but todays shirts the larges are often too tight, though more than long enough

Brands I have tried with little success lately - Under Armour, Nike, YATTA, Cutter and Buck (not their highest end stretchy offerings though).

Callaway seems to work better than most others lately, but would like other options to those as often they are too long if they fit elsewhere.

Thanks!

... Footjoys are cut for the average 'Murican with plenty of "extra material" and I have moved away from them with the same waist size I had in college 50 years ago. I have found some shirts that are a slimmer fit and have shorter lengths meant to be worn untucked, a must in the Phoenix heat. Bermies around $50 and Greg Norman shirts around $30 are working for me. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

32 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Footjoys are cut for the average 'Murican with plenty of "extra material" and I have moved away from them with the same waist size I had in college 50 years ago. I have found some shirts that are a slimmer fit and have shorter lengths meant to be worn untucked, a must in the Phoenix heat. Bermies around $50 and Greg Norman shirts around $30 are working for me. 

Thanks for the response, after Stein Mart closed their stores (my go to for golf clothes for years), I forgot about Norman shirts.  I probably should try a FJ here and there, others seem to like them.

WITB

Drivers: Cobra F9 w/Atmos

HOOK STICKS(hybrids): Adams Pro 20*/23*  hook sticks!🤓

IRONS: Bridgestone Tour Stage TS-202 (5-PW)  /  Yamaha Inpres XV Forged (5-PW)   /   Ping Eye2 (3-S)

WEDGES: Callaway MackDaddy2 52*/56*

PUTTER: Ping Zing2 /  Anser4  /  Bobby Grace LoPro   / Bobby Grace Fat Lady Swings

BALLS:   :srixon-small:  Z-Star    :vice:  Pro +

:ping-small:        :callaway-logo-1:   :cobra-small:   :1332069271_TommyArmour:      :bobby-grace-1:   :adams-small:      :cleveland-small: 

31 minutes ago, Badams69 said:

Thanks for the response, after Stein Mart closed their stores (my go to for golf clothes for years), I forgot about Norman shirts.  I probably should try a FJ here and there, others seem to like them.

... While I am not a Norman fan at all, I do like the shirts. Probably bought 20 this year alone and completely replaced my Footjoys that were just too big. The GN website always has some nice sales and then some additional discounts:

https://gregnormancollection.com/men/tops/polos/?sort=priceasc

I’ve found that with some modern clothes I have gone from a large to XL. that being said FJ, works, Dunning and I have a couple of nice Jonnie-O shirts I bought in pro shops. These do tend to cost more. 

Ping G400

Ping G410 3,5,7

JPX 921 Hotmetal

Vokey 54, 58M

Odyssey #1 black

You’ll be surprised at how many times Greg Norman shirts show up in TJ Max, Ross, Marshalls, and Bealls. They usually sell for $14.00
 I probably picked up 4 or 5 recently. 

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

1 hour ago, Tom the Golf Nut said:

You’ll be surprised at how many times Greg Norman shirts

I will second this.  My wife and I have found many Norman shirts at the listed stores.  Also she has found a few made by Pebble Beach at the same locations, they are light weight, and are nice also.

Driver: Cobra King Speedzone

Irons:  :callaway-small: Mavrik 4-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CG-14 56 & RTX 52

Hybrid:  Callaway Apex Pro 2H 

Woods:  Gigagolf  3W, 

Putter:  Ping  Scottsdale Wolverine

Ball:  Srixon Z-Star XV 

For me it’s Footjoy 2xl in an athletic cut. I have had success with the Walter Hagen line as well. For reference I have a 50” jacket size. 

Driver:  :titleist-small:  TSi2 9*  :Fuji: Ventus Black 6S

Fairway: :titleist-small: TSi2 15*  :Fuji: Speeder Evo III 70S

Utility: :titleist-small: T-200 3 Iron  :Fuji: Ventus Blue HB-8S

Irons: :titleist-small: 620CB w/ :truetemper: DGTI X100 4-6

Irons:  :titleist-small: 620MB w/ :truetemper: DGTI X100 7-PW

Wedges: :vokey-small: SM9 50/08F 56/12S 60/04T

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2+ 34" 

Ball: :titleist-small: Pro V1 #31 (Currently Ball Testing)

FJ Shirts tend to fit my shoulders alright, but man I am swimming everywhere else in those things.

Had good luck with Greyson, but expensive.  Adidas and LuLuLemon on decent sales have been my go to lately.

:callaway-logo-1:Mavrik 10.5* :projectx: HZRDS T800 Orange 60 6.0

:taylormade-small: RocketBallz Stage 2 3W

:mizuno-small:ST-Z 5W :projectx: EvenFlow 5.5

:srixon-small: ZX Utility 23*, UST Recoil F3

:titleist-small:T300 :projectx: LZ 5.5, 5-PW

:mizuno-small: T22 Copper Denim :truetemper: DG R300, 52* 56*

:vokey-small: SM9 :truetemper: DG R300, 60*

:odyssey-small: Strokelabs One

:vice: Pro Soft

9 minutes ago, CLenahan said:

J Shirts tend to fit my shoulders alright, but man I am swimming everywhere else in those things.

... I have broad shoulders and find the same thing. Their Athletic Fit polos are better but still not quite cut for a healthy physique. 

Depends on how loud you like to be, but Swannies makes really comfortable polos that aren’t too snug at all. And they have good length for us broader/taller guys.

Matter of Fact- The Grint Dropzone is is running a discount code this week for them. I think it’s limited to first 500 codes redeemed.

Edited by No3PuttLaLa

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

• 5 months later...

Finding the right fit can be a real struggle, especially with today's clothing trends. I totally get what you're saying about shirts feeling too snug in all the wrong places. It's like they're designed for a different body type altogether! I remember having similar frustrations until I stumbled upon aaa clothing. They've got some great options that might work well for your build without breaking the bank. It's all about finding that perfect balance between comfort and style, right?

Edited by Klemmantin

The Greg Norman stuff also shows up at Costco in season. I have a few shirts and a pullover and have been happy with the look and quality of all of them.

PXG 0211 driver, 5w, 6i-PW, GW, SW; Titleist H1 4h; Odyssey White Hot mallet.