Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Best used ball sites?

Anyone have any good site recs for old bands? I've been using lostgolfballs.com but they've run out...I love playing older Callaways like hex tour etc

WITB: Driver Callaway Paradym Triple-Diamond w/Project X Hzrdus Smoke, 3w Callaway Paradym, 5w Taylormade burner, 7w Warrior, Irons Callaway x-22 graphite shaft, 46⁰ Ping Glide 3.0, 56⁰ Callaway X-grind, and putter Ping Vault Arna mid-mallet

12 hours ago, frankie_fairway said:

Anyone have any good site recs for old bands? I've been using lostgolfballs.com but they've run out...I love playing older Callaways like hex tour etc

I'm interested to see what other recommendations come in, but you're also likely going to run into a buzz-saw here... There's been a lot of reporting (a lot of it done by the MyGolfSpy staff) specifically calling out why you shouldn't play refurbished, refinished, damaged, or even very old golf balls. Their reasons are all performance-based, which would also mean they recommend against playing anything that doesn't have an urethane cover. And then beyond that, I think you'll find a healthy dose of folks here that will strongly urge you to play a brand other than Callaway

So all of that being said, if you're strictly looking for the absolute cheapest options and don't care about performance at all, I think you might get a slightly more targeted set of answers here with several of them being along the lines of, "Why not play new direct-to-consumer balls that are higher performing and similar in price to an old, used ball?" Brands like Maxfli, Vice, and others have plenty of deals that will get you to a price point that you're comfortable with while increasing the performance of your golf ball.

Welcome to the forums!

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review

Driver: :titelist-small: TSI3 - 10*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus - 10.5*, Oban Kiyoshi Purple O4Flex-65 Grams Purred
3 Wood: :taylormade-small: SIM - 15*, Graphite Design Tour AD DJ5 Stiff
Hybrid: :titelist-small: TS3 - 19*, Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff
Irons: :titelist-small:  5 - PW T150, with Nippon Zelos 7 Reg, 4 iron - U505 with Project X HZRDUS Black Stiff

Wedges: :titelist-small: Vokey SM 8 - 50*, 60* Standard Wedge Shafts

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 3 MG3 56* S200 shaft

Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Studio Select Newport 1.5        
Putter:  :scotty-cameron-1: Phantom X 5.5
Ball: :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Keep in mind that the vast majority of balls from these used retailers are pulled from water (they generally contract divers to collect). Newer models at the highest grade may not have been in the water for very long and should be fine from a performance perspective, but at what recyclers charge for high grade ProV1s you are likely better off going with brand new, lower priced alternatives (ex: Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour).

Stay away from refurbs/refins as these tend to start as the worst from a condition standpoint which are then stripped of their clear coat, repainted, and restamped sometimes as a different model. In addition to suffering from the same potential issues as a submerged recycled ball, the paint quality/application rarely matches the original OEM thus resulting in balls that are slightly larger, heavier, and often shallower dimples all of which could impact performance (and potentially fail conformance tests). Ultimately you don’t really know what you are getting with a refurbs/refins so it is just best to avoid these. 

Edited by storm319

:titelist-small:  TS2 9.5

:titelist-small:  909F2 15.5

:titelist-small:  690.CB 3-PW

:titelist-small:  Vokey SM5 50, 56

image.png.e50b7e7a9b18feff4720d7b223a2013d.png   Works Versa 1W

Lostgolfballs.com - have had good luck here.  Great selection of balls.

foundgolfballs.com - my son in law likes this site, but I haven’t tried it.

Golfballs.net - not the greatest selection, but had good luck here as well. 

TSi2 Driver, Titleist TSi2 4 Wood, Ping G410 3 Hybrid, Ping G400 4 Hybrid, Maltby TS1 5-GW, Maltby Max Milled 54, Maltby Max Milled 58, Piretti Forza.

Some folks say golf messes up a nice walk.  That’s not true, golf makes a nice walk bearable.

:ping-small: G425 MAX Driver & 5W

:cobra-small: Baffler Rail-H 3H-4H

:Sub70: 699 Pro Utility V2 - 4i

:callaway-small: APEX CF19 6-AW

INDI Wedges 52, 56, 60 

:edel-golf-1: EAS 2.0

I use Lost Golf Balls for my purchases. I never buy 'refurb' or repainted balls. I only buy the mint balls.... as they are. I have noticed no difference between them a brand new ball. YMMV. I never worried much about a logo or marck or two. After you hit them a time or two, they are marked anyway. 😉

Edited by silver & black