Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

2024 TaylorMade TP5 and TP5X Golf Balls

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I am so excited! Ordered mine this morning and should get it by Monday at the latest! Just in time for a round on Tuesday!

DRIVER :titleist-small: TSR3 9* Ventus TR Blue TX 70g,

3 WOOD:titleist-small: TSR3 15* Ventus TR Red TX 80g,

5 WOOD :titleist-small: TSR3 18* Ventus Blue VC TX 90g

IRONS:srixon-small: ZX7 MKII (5, 6, & 7), Z Forged (8, 9, &PW)

WEDGES:vokey-small: SM9 50* D Grind, 54* D Grind, & 60* M Grind

PUTTER:taylormade-small: Spider Tour 36", SuperStroke ZENERGY XL TOUR 3.0+ w/50g counterbalance weight

BALL - Maxfli Tour X, :taylormade-small: TP5x, & :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (Testing)

Home Course: Snowflake Municipal 

Lobo.jpg

I am really intrigued by the new TP5/TP5x. They can't get worse than the previous iteration, which really underperformed in MGS Ball testing. I have 6 of the TP5x protos, and the feel is really good. I haven't been able to get to a sim to see what numbers look like, but am hoping to either do that or will be putting them in play early in 2024. Last year we got a dozen as a tee gift for our member/guest tournament as well, so they will make it into the playing rotation mid summer as I would assume that'll remain consistent for this year's event. 

Seeing reports on IG of the x being 1/2 a club longer, which would be welcomed as they did not perform in the distance category. 

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

1 minute ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

I am really intrigued by the new TP5/TP5x. They can't get worse than the previous iteration, which really underperformed in MGS Ball testing. I have 6 of the TP5x protos, and the feel is really good. I haven't been able to get to a sim to see what numbers look like, but am hoping to either do that or will be putting them in play early in 2024. Last year we got a dozen as a tee gift for our member/guest tournament as well, so they will make it into the playing rotation mid summer as I would assume that'll remain consistent for this year's event. 

Seeing reports on IG of the x being 1/2 a club longer, which would be welcomed as they did not perform in the distance category. 

I am hearing a lot of the same thing. Watched a Hannah Holden video where she gained like 6mph ball speed, 9 yards, carry, and 11 yards total. If that is the case this ball could be a game changer if that carries over from golfer to golfer. One thing I am going to be looking into/testing is durability. That is always something with me that I feel TM's balls tend to lack. 

PUTTER:taylormade-small: Spider Tour 36", SuperStroke ZENERGY XL TOUR 3.0+ w/50g counterbalance weight

BALL - Maxfli Tour X, :taylormade-small: TP5x, & :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (Testing)

Lobo.jpg

1 minute ago, CB Lobo 4 Life said:

I am hearing a lot of the same thing. Watched a Hannah Holden video where she gained like 6mph ball speed, 9 yards, carry, and 11 yards total. If that is the case this ball could be a game changer if that carries over from golfer to golfer. One thing I am going to be looking into/testing is durability. That is always something with me that I feel TM's balls tend to lack. 

Totally agree with you. Their cover has always seemed softer and more susceptible to damage compared to ProV1/x. I had a few in my dozen from last year where one full wedge shot chewed the cover up pretty well. Like you said, if they found a way to get more distance out while improving durability, gonna be a big time jump for them. Definitely looking forward to giving the 6 I have a proper run!

Driver: :titleist-small: TSi3 9* Fujikura Ventus TR Blue 6X

Fairways: :cobra-small: Aerojet Max 3W & 7W MCA Kai'Li White 60 Stiff

Hybrid: :cobra-small: King TEC 3H MCA MMT 85g Stiff

Irons: :cobra-small: Aerojet 6-GW KBS $-taper Lite Stiff

Wedges: :cobra-small: Snakebite Black 52/56/60 Hi-Rev 2.0 Black Stiff

Putter: :scotty-cameron-1: Super Select Newport 2.0

Ball: :maxfli: Tour X :titleist-small: ProV1x

#LeftyGang

Cobra 50th Anniversary Member Special Challenge (link here)

Unofficial FootJoy Hyperflex BOA 2023 Review

Unofficial Flightscope Mevo Review

4 minutes ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

Totally agree with you. Their cover has always seemed softer and more susceptible to damage compared to ProV1/x. I had a few in my dozen from last year where one full wedge shot chewed the cover up pretty well. Like you said, if they found a way to get more distance out while improving durability, gonna be a big time jump for them. Definitely looking forward to giving the 6 I have a proper run!

I will say this right now, if I can go 18 holes while keeping the same ball and it looking mostly intact it will not only go into my bag but stay there!

Lobo.jpg

Always enjoyed the TP5 series however hasn't been a purchase I made in a while. 

May have to give a dozen of these a go!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

$100mm investment turned my head. 

It’s such an odd market segment to chase (low margins, high costs, DTC competition) yet they’re all in…I’m genuinely impressed. I hope it does well. The first generation TP5x was an excellent ball. 

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Its been a hot minute for me as well on these.  Quited liked how the pix looked.  I however was (I mean still am) bad-ish.

Ive improved so perhaps worth a poke again on these.

Can they beat my Chromesoft X LS's?  

Stack Referral code

Driver - Sim2Max 10.5° (set at 9*) UST Helium shaft

3W - StealthHL 16.5°

3h - Sim2max 19°

irons - Sim2OS kbsmax85mt steel shafts reg flex 5i-Aw

wedgies - Jaws MD5 52°-10° (Bounce) S Grind

Jaws MD5 56°-12° (Bounce) W Grind

Putter - Mizuno OMOI Type II

Final Sugar "Pure" Golf Balls Review

16 minutes ago, bens197 said:

$100mm investment turned my head. 

It’s such an odd market segment to chase (low margins, high costs, DTC competition) yet they’re all in…I’m genuinely impressed. I hope it does well. The first generation TP5x was an excellent ball. 

I think the success of the Pro V1 shows that if you can make an excellent ball, the public will be loyal and pay an extra premium price for your ball. Not saying that the TP5 will attain this, but it’s the TM goal.  So $100 mm may be worth the investment.  I am sure Titleist has spent a ton building and producing the number 1 ball in golf…

:titelist-small:  TSR 3   9.0  GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small:  TSi 3  15.0 GD Tour AD - DI 6S Stiff

:titelist-small: TS3  21 Hybrid Tensei AV Blue 65 HY Stiff

:titelist-small: U-510 19 Utility Iron HZDUS Smoke Black 6.0 Stiff

:Takomo:  5-PW 101T Irons - KBS Tour Lite Stiff - Official Tester 2023

:vokey-small: Vokey SM9 52 F - 12 Nippon NS Pro 950 Stiff

:vokey-small: Vokey Forged 56 M - 10  DG S200

:taylormade-small: MG3 60 - 12 NS Modus3 Tour 105 Stiff

image.gif.2bc8a27613a423a3721fd3b955802132.gif  Scotty Special Select - Squareback 2 - 35”  / Super Stroke Slim 3.0

:srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

:titelist-small: Players 4 bag  image.png.939559f85230fe16347ecf2765438915.png    :redrooster:

:Arccos: Official Tester - 2021 & Loyal MCC Plus 4 Sensor User

11 minutes ago, KC Golf said:

I think the success of the Pro V1 shows that if you can make an excellent ball, the public will be loyal and pay an extra premium price for your ball. Not saying that the TP5 will attain this, but it’s the TM goal.  So $100 mm may be worth the investment.  I am sure Titleist has spent a ton building and producing the number 1 ball in golf…

I won’t disagree. It definitely has some major potential. 

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

3 hours ago, GolfSpy_KFT said:

I have generally hit the X pretty well

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

I was given a couple of 4-ball boxes of the new TP5 at a free GG Taylormade fitting recently and I have some TP5X and more TP5 on their way (free balls from TM as a thanks for being a customer kind of thing).

Having returned to golf in 2022 after 20 years, I didn't have any preconceptions on what ball I should use, but after trying a bunch out in '22 and early last year I settled on the TP5 and TP5X and have really liked them, so I'm looking forward to testing the new ones.

I have the new and old TP5s in my bag to test alongside the Chrome Tour and Tour X for the current ball test. Once I have enough data for them all I'll be able to draw conclusions, but right now the Chrome Tour is right up there with the new TP5X based on early feel and sound. More testing against last year's model needed before I can say there's much of a difference.

It's definitely year of the ball right now though. Fun times testing and deciding!

2024 WITB:

:ping-small: G430 LST 9* (set at 10*) w. Mitsubishi Kai'Li White 60X

:titleist-small:TSR2 15* w. Mitsubishi Tensei White 75X

:taylormade-small:Stealth+ 3H (@18.5* flat) w. :projectx: Hzrdus Smoke RDX Red 80/6.5

:callaway-small:Rogue ST Max 21* 7-wood w. Mitsubishi Tensei Blue stiff/ or/ :taylormade-small:Stealth2+ 4H (@22* flat) w.Mitsubishi Kai'Li White 80X

:taylormade-small:Irons: 5i-9i: '19 P790; P- '23 P7MC w. :kbs: Tour C-Taper Lite 115X

:taylormade-small:Wedges 50/09 MG3; 56/12 MG3TW; 60/11 MG2TW

Putter- :odyssey-small: Toulon Design Memphis, 2019 model [Backup: Sik DW C 2.0]

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5x/ TP5xPix -or- :callaway-small: Chrome Tour [see ball test link below] (also testing :bridgestone-small: Tour BX Mindset)

Other: :Arccos:. Gogogo Sport V-Pro rangefinder. :taylormade-small: Select Plus stand bag. :BagBoy: Nitron push cart.

Came across this on my instagram feed this morning - $100m investment not looking too good if this is a persistent issue! The one ball is definitely way off, but it looks like a good amount out of a dozen box have off-center cores to some degree.

IMG_429E41917142-1.jpeg.bc62a6bfe3098cfc8ce989245c39284b.jpeg

IMG_1467.PNG.73439d5595ac0276a09e25a3e38f85fc.PNG

Driver - :cobra-small:Radspeed XB, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
3 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Aldila Rogue Silver 70-S
5 Wood - :cobra-small:Radspeed, Fujikura Motore X F3 6-S
Utility - :mizuno-small: Pro 225 3i, Mitsubishi MMT 105S

Irons - :mizuno-small:Pro 225 4-5, 223 6-PW, KBS $-Taper 120
Wedges - :cobra-small:King Cobra Snakebite 52° & 58°, KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 S
Putter - :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab Black Ten 35"
Ball - :callaway-small: Chrome Tour