Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

HJ Glove "The Hero"

Hey all,

So I actually didn't make it to the PGA Store today and decided to go into the local Mom and Pop shop here in Long Beach that I always forget about. The owner brought up these gloves as he had just gotten them in recently. Real Cabretta Leather at $15 a pop there ($22 on the HJ Glove website). And I think they might be a steal. Anybody ever heard/tried them? I figured I might as well give em a whack for the pricetag. 

IMG20240215165839.jpg.d6a668c32a1701598eda2b4fcf0f222d.jpg

WITB

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Qi10 Max

Hybrid: 🐏 FX Max 5h

5i-9i: 🐏 FX Max 10

Wedges: :titleist-small: 48°, 52°, 56°

Putter:  :cleveland-small: HB Soft 14

Ball: :odin:

Never heard of them but very curious to hear your thoughts on them!

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

1 hour ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Never heard of them but very curious to hear your thoughts on them!

Will definitely check back in after a few uses. The feel is similar to the Titleist Perma Soft Glove which had lasted a good while for me. 

WITB

Let us know what you think after a few rounds.  During the summer, I go thru gloves quickly and always looking for something on the cheaper side that will last.

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

Glad you even found a local shop! With PGA Store and the large chains, I don't think I have seen a mom and pop in a very long time.

On another note, did anyone else see the Scam IG posts about PGA closing stores? I contacted PGA to ask them and they already knew about it.

Maybe I should try playing left handed!

Nice looking gloves from what I just looked up. One of the biggest issues I find between all leather gloves is the palm pad overlay and stitching.  Some are very thin, and others are sewn in just the wrong spot and cause irritations.

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

4 hours ago, Josh Parker said:

Let us know what you think after a few rounds.  During the summer, I go thru gloves quickly and always looking for something on the cheaper side that will last.

Yeah I definitely will. Going to give them a little range time and I want to try them in better conditions too, my Mizuno glove did not fair well in the morning dew. 

1 hour ago, Rob Person said:

Nice looking gloves from what I just looked up. One of the biggest issues I find between all leather gloves is the palm pad overlay and stitching.  Some are very thin, and others are sewn in just the wrong spot and cause irritations.

When I tried them on, the inside felt pretty natural but that is without trying them out of course. Definitely want to give them a good use before any results, not just a day at the range. 

49 minutes ago, Ray Eaton said:

Hirzl Trust Control 2.0 glove is the glove I use. It's extremely durable and lasts a long time. It contains a kangaroo leather palm which provides you with unparalleled levels of grip under all weather conditions.

I still have yet to try and all-weather glove and I should considering I play a lot of early morning rounds. And $16.99 for a solid glove is always a steal. 

1 hour ago, nvizble1 said:

Glad you even found a local shop! With PGA Store and the large chains, I don't think I have seen a mom and pop in a very long time.

On another note, did anyone else see the Scam IG posts about PGA closing stores? I contacted PGA to ask them and they already knew about it.

We have a few here in Long Beach because our local public course membership is so accessible and makes it easy to get new golfers (like myself) into the game. And no, I didn't see those posts, but could you imagine? They would sell their inventory in an instant. 

WITB

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everybody, just wanted to update this thread. I have been using a single HJ glove to really give it a go, and thus far it has held up through the wet conditions and daily range trips. It will be time to lay the glove to rest so, with the amount I have been using it, I think it was definitely worth the purchase. Will be using the other 3 gloves I have now bought in the upcoming months and possibly longer. Will post another update when the hot weather is here to see how they hold up there!

IMG20240307070507.jpg.2a475b643373b101ed99338dc4ae3c4a.jpg

WITB

8 minutes ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

Hey everybody, just wanted to update this thread. I have been using a single HJ glove to really give it a go, and thus far it has held up through the wet conditions and daily range trips. It will be time to lay the glove to rest so, with the amount I have been using it, I think it was definitely worth the purchase. Will be using the other 3 gloves I have now bought in the upcoming months and possibly longer. Will post another update when the hot weather is here to see how they hold up there!

Makes for a good backup emergency glove! (Or for a friend who always forgets his!)

WITB-Foremost 551's - 3w, 5w, 5-SW (circa 1998), Top Flite 460cc Driver, Adam's 7w, Warrior GW and 60⁰, Odyssey AI-One DB putter.

Just an old newbie golfer, trying to learn and improve 1 club at a time.

3 minutes ago, Rob Person said:

Makes for a good backup emergency glove! (Or for a friend who always forgets his!)

I was thinking of still keeping it as my range glove. The thumb is really the only part that wore, but on the course I could see it bugging me and I don't need any more excuses 😂

WITB

22 minutes ago, Michael.Sandoval33 said:

Good to hear that it's worked well. Gloves don't last long for me. I have been looking at alternatives. 

:callaway-small: Paradym TD Driver w/ Ventus Blue 6S

:ping-small: 3W

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 5's (4-6) w/ KBS Tour V

:srixon-small: MKII ZX 7's (7-PW) w/ KBS Tour V

:titleist-small: Vokey Wedges 50* 54* 58*

:L.A.B.: DF2.1 Putter

14 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

Good to hear that it's worked well. Gloves don't last long for me. I have been looking at alternatives. 

I would say by comparing them to the Mizuno Tour, Titleist Tour Soft, and Callaway Tour authentic, it lasted through the same amount of usage. Definitely not the hardiest of glove choices in any way, but still a great glove for the price.

WITB

27 minutes ago, Josh Parker said:

Pelican golf has very well made golf gloves

#GoBallsOutAlways #GoRickieGo

Driver:      :Sub70:849 Pro-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0-NO1 50 Series Grip
Fairway:   :Sub70:949X-:projectx:HZRDUS Smoke Blue RDX 70 6.0 (1/2 inch short)-NO1 50 Series Grip
Driving Irons:     :Sub70:699 Pro 2-:truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips

Irons:     Custom:Sub70: 639 CB 5-Pw :truetemper: DG S400- NO1 50 Series Grips   
Wedges:   WedgeFx 52,56,60-:truetemper: DG S400Shafts-NO1 50 Series Grips 
Putter:      :Sub70: Sycamore 007-NO1 P90 Pistol Grip
Ball:           :odin:X1

Bag:     Side Street- Back9 Backpack Bag

Link to my Bag Boy ZTF Review!