Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Ball suggestions?

I’m a high handicap player who just started playing back in the fall after about a 12 year break. Right now 21 handicap. I have always bought used prov’s off local sellers but received a box of yellow pro v1x for Christmas and have been using them since.  When I m swinging good for me, I really like them. 

I was not yesterday and hit a few dying fades on my driver and long irons . My dad told me that I shouldn’t be using the x due to so much spin. 

My driver speed is 106-110 mph. Thought about trying left dash or some other lower spinning ball. 

Any suggestions would be appreciated thanks!

Jnr

1 hour ago, unccross said:

I’m a high handicap player who just started playing back in the fall after about a 12 year break. Right now 21 handicap. I have always bought used prov’s off local sellers but received a box of yellow pro v1x for Christmas and have been using them since.  When I m swinging good for me, I really like them. 

I was not yesterday and hit a few dying fades on my driver and long irons . My dad told me that I shouldn’t be using the x due to so much spin. 

My driver speed is 106-110 mph. Thought about trying left dash or some other lower spinning ball. 

Look at the Maxfli Tour series. Great balls at a far better price. 

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

I’ve been playing Vice golf balls for a while now. Good value ball that seems to be really good for my swing. If I can’t get the vice for whatever reason I was hitting tp5x’s.

Last week I had a golf ball fitting and was amazed that the regular tp5 gave me more ball speed, better flight and felt amazing. So I grabbed a couple packs. I will say I wasn’t able to test the new callaway tours or maxfli balls.

Maxfli is a good choice, as are the Wilson Duo and the Snell balls.

:Sub70:Driver : Sub70 839D

:Sub70:3 wood Sub 70 pro

:Sub70: Hybrid Sub 70 849 18*

:Sub70:Hybrid Sub 70 839 21*

:Sub70:Irons Sub 70 639 combo

:Sub70:Wedges Sub 70 659 approach 50*, 286 full face groove 54*

:seemore-small:Putter FGP

:titleist-small:Ball  Titleist AVX

Grips: Best Grips std leather

12 minutes ago, Kevlar217 said:

I’ve been playing Vice golf balls for a while now. Good value ball that seems to be really good for my swing. If I can’t get the vice for whatever reason I was hitting tp5x’s.

Last week I had a golf ball fitting and was amazed that the regular tp5 gave me more ball speed, better flight and felt amazing. So I grabbed a couple packs. I will say I wasn’t able to test the new callaway tours or maxfli balls.

What part of StL?  I was originally in the Metro East, playing all over the area - lots of good courses on both sides of the river.

16 minutes ago, Randall Robbins said:

What part of StL?  I was originally in the Metro East, playing all over the area - lots of good courses on both sides of the river.

That’s awesome. I’ve played all over the area as well but now I’m west, in St Peters. I still get out all over the area though. I like to play new courses so if I have to drive a bit, it’s not an issue. What’s your favorite course in the area?

2 hours ago, unccross said:

If money is no object, ProV1x Left Dash and AVX are two low-spinning options that might work well. But as others mentioned, the Maxfli Tour series is amazing for the price as well.

Driver: Ping G430 Max 10K 9º | Ping Tour 2.0 Black 75S

Fairway Wood: Ping G430 Max 3W 15º | Ping Tour 2.0 Chrome 75S

Hybrids: Ping G425 Max 3H 19º | Tensei Orange 80S & Ping 4i iCrossover 22.5° | Ping Tour 2.0 Chrome 85S

Irons: Mizuno JPX921 Forged (5-GW) | Dynamic Gold 120 S300

Wedges: Ping s159 54º & 58º | PING Z-Z115

Putter: TaylorMade Spider Tour

Ball: ProV1x

25 minutes ago, Kevlar217 said:

That’s awesome. I’ve played all over the area as well but now I’m west, in St Peters. I still get out all over the area though. I like to play new courses so if I have to drive a bit, it’s not an issue. What’s your favorite course in the area?

Spencer T Olin Normandie, Norwood Hills and even Forest Park were all fun to play.

I play the left dash right now and it’s really good but expensive. My local guy keeps mentioning the staff model from Wilson. Says he can’t get it out the bag it’s that good. Haven’t tried it yet but might be worth a look

What is in my Sun Mountain C-130 bag or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:    :cobra-small: Dark speed LS 8* set to -1.5* with an Attas Daaas 4x shaft @ 45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :edel-golf-1: SMS Pros 4-PW with Steelfiber I95s 

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50* T grind with Steelfiber i110s

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 46* zz wedge shaft

:ping-small: Glide 4.0 E grind 54* zz wedge shaft

Putters: :L.A.B.: Mezz.1 34” 69* lie

:EVNROLL: EV5.1 black 33.5” 69* lie

5 hours ago, GolfSpy_APH said:

Look at the Maxfli Tour series. Great balls at a far better price. 

Thanks I have 20% off dicks coupon for this weekend. I might try a box of the tour. I believe it is the lower spin. 

5 hours ago, Kevlar217 said:

I need to try to get a golf ball fitting at some point. 

Jnr

4 hours ago, brogies said:

If money is no object, ProV1x Left Dash and AVX are two low-spinning options that might work well. But as others mentioned, the Maxfli Tour series is amazing for the price as well.

I didn’t think of the avx. That’s another one I need to try!

Jnr

4 hours ago, GolfSpy_BNG said:

I play the left dash right now and it’s really good but expensive. My local guy keeps mentioning the staff model from Wilson. Says he can’t get it out the bag it’s that good. Haven’t tried it yet but might be worth a look

I think I can get a sleeve of left dash at the course to try without having to buy a whole dozen. 

Jnr

21 hours ago, GolfSpy_BNG said:

22 hours ago, brogies said:

Youth sports coupon at Academy works on left dash. I ordered a dozen for $43.99 free shipping.  Code LN0308  not sure if it’s just for this weekend or not 

Jnr

I was in a similar boat and have a similar speed

Used to play ProV1x, switched to Snell MTB-X then they got discontinued and I ended up with Chromesoft X LS and now have those and Chrome Tour  - Both were better for me than the Prov1x and.i like the feel of a "grippy clicky ball" if that makes sense

Prov1 feels to smooshy when it gets above 80 degrees but I like that in the cold

Tournament Bag, 

Speedline Super S 8.5T - Aldila NV 65s

Super S 3 wood - Kuro Kage 70s

Adams A Tour Black - S300hs

Fourteen RM4 52/56 - S400

RTX Zipcore 60 Low - S400

YES! C Groove Penny 

Grips: GP TV

On 3/9/2024 at 8:24 PM, unccross said:

I think I can get a sleeve of left dash at the course to try without having to buy a whole dozen. 

If you've got some basic stats about your game, the Ballnamic fitting tool is worth the money and they're constantly updating with the latest releases. 

I swapped pretty seamlessly last year between Left Dash and Chromesoft X LS with the XLS being a bit higher spin than LD. The new Chrome Tour might just be my gamer for this year, though. Lovely flat flight, lower spin than XLS off the tee (the ball it's replacing), and much higher greenside control than Left Dash.

For budget purposes though, I can also game the Maxfli Tour S pretty easily. It's squishy, but plenty of distance still. 

Driver: :srixon-small: ZX5 LS MkII 9.5* (@ 9.0*) with 46.5" Ventus Blue 6X
3-wood: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* with Diamana Limited 75S
5-wood: :cobra-small: RADspeed 18.5* with Motore X F3 60S
2i: :srixon-small: ZX with SteelFiber i95 Stiff

4hy: :titleist-small: TS3 23* with Tensei AV Blue 70 S
4i-7i :srixon-small: ZX7, 8i-PW Z-Forged, Modus3 Tour 120 S
50*, 55* :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Modus3 Tour 125
60* :cleveland-small: RTX Full Face ZipCore DG Spinner S400
Putter: :callaway-small: Toulon Chicago with a :garsen: Quad Tour or :cleveland-small: HB SOFT Milled 10.5S with UST All-in

Ball: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour (but I might still have some :titleist-small: Left Dashes hanging around)
Bag: :srixon-small: Ltd Edition Tartan, blue/green/yellow

Using :ShotScope: to keep track of my shots

Tested:
:wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 3i-PW, KBS Tour-V 110S - Official Review
:titelist-small: Blind Ball Test (Ball #3 vs Ball #4) - Unofficial Review
:ShotScope:
 V3 GPS Watch + Tags - Official Review
:OnCore:
 Vero X2 - Official Review

The Stack System - Official Review