Masters Meet-Up

JRDuck40

Hey everyone. 

After 19 years of rejection, i was lucky enough to receive the letter (email) that I was given the right to purchase Monday practice round for the upcoming 87th playing of The Masters!  Anyone else going Monday practice round? If so, add to the thread and let's grab the cheapest beer at a major! 

Masters Monday.jpeg

D-Titleist TSR2 w Mitsubishi Tensei 50g Stiff 

5w-Titleist TSI w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 65g Stiff

HYB-Titleist TSi 21* w/ Mitsubishi Diamana 65g Stiff

Irons-4-PW Toura Golf JCB Japan Forged CB w/ TrueTemper S100 

Wedges - Cleveland RTX ZipCore 52/10 56/12 60/8 w/ TrueTemper T100

Putter - Scotty Cameron GoLo S

Ball - Titleist AVX 

2 hours ago, JRDuck40 said:

Hey everyone. 

After 19 years of rejection, i was lucky enough to receive the letter (email) that I was given the right to purchase Monday practice round for the upcoming 87th playing of The Masters!  Anyone else going Monday practice round? If so, add to the thread and let's grab the cheapest beer at a major! 

Masters Monday.jpeg

That's awesome, congratulations!!  After a healthy handful of Dear Bill letters, over the past couple of decades, I have removed attending The Masters from my bucket list.  I hope you have a great time and can connect with other lucky spies.  Please share some pictures 👍.

:ping-small: G410 Plus, 9 Degree Driver 

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 16 Degree 3w

:ping-small: G400 SFT, 19 Degree 5w

:srixon-small:  ZX5 Irons 4-AW 

:ping-small: Glide 2.0 56 Degree SW   (removed from double secret probation 😍)

:EVNROLL: ER5v Putter  (Official Review)

:odyssey-small: AI-One Milled Seven T CH (Official Review)

• 2 weeks later...

Had a BLAST with perfect weather last week at Augusta. If you ever get a chance to go, take it. 100% worth it. Hopefully I won't have to wait 19 years to attend next time. 

Some notes, 

The concessions are legit. You maybe wait 10 minutes max for food / drink.  Best items IMO - Peach Ice Cream Sandi. Crows Nest Brew. Pimento Cheese and very close second was the B-Fast Sandwich. 

Merch tent was insane. We arrived as gates opened and the line was already over an hour long. We waited until after 1 pm to go in. Waited around 30 minutes to get it. It's worth the wait. 

Walked almost the entirety of the course. My Father-in-Law is 80 and was a champ. Had to take a few extra brakes for him, but we did end up seeing 1,2,4,6,9, all of Amen Corner, 14 and 18. He was a trooper. 

Coolest thing we ended up seeing was a tie. Morikawa hit his initial tee shot on 1 into the fairway bunker. Hit 8 i from there to 10 feet. WOW! Phil hit a shorter driver on 8. Was not too happy so he ended up hitting Driver off the deck 3x times right in front of us! Crazy! 

DSCN2431.JPG

DSCN2400.JPG

DSCN2427.JPG

DSCN2405.JPG

DSCN2465.JPG

D-Titleist TSR2 w Mitsubishi Tensei 50g Stiff 

5w-Titleist TSI w/ Mitsubishi Tensei 65g Stiff

HYB-Titleist TSi 21* w/ Mitsubishi Diamana 65g Stiff

Irons-4-PW Toura Golf JCB Japan Forged CB w/ TrueTemper S100 

Wedges - Cleveland RTX ZipCore 52/10 56/12 60/8 w/ TrueTemper T100

Putter - Scotty Cameron GoLo S

Ball - Titleist AVX