Exputt RG - 2024 Forum Review

9 minutes ago, buckpillar said:

You must have been holing out a lot! Does your putter path look good at impact but when it displays, does it show everything to the left?

I get some left and some right when I miss hit. Occasionally I either close the club face too much or leave it slightly open and get a putt that goes wide one side or the other.

My swing is a little right to left per the swing path images. Based upon my mechanics and being LH I feel the simulator is accurately representing my swing path.

4 minutes ago, MissionMan said:

What is your username. Will see if I can find you to compete at some point

Wolfstrum - used the same one as here since it was available. 

Switch hitter, RH Driver, LH Irons

Callaway Mavrik Driver (RH)

Sub 70 3i Driving/Utility iron (LH)

Maltby STi2 4i-PW, GW (LH)

Mizuno MP R Series 52 degree 

Wilson Jim Ferrier Signature SW (LH)

Mizuno TP Mills blade putter (LH)

1 hour ago, Wolfstrum said:

Wolfstrum - used the same one as here since it was available. 

I'm missionman on there. I'll try a multiplayer if I see you there

GT2 10° Project X HZRDUS 6.0 Black 5G 60  
GT2 16.5° Project X HZRDUS 6.0 Black 5G 70
TSR2 18° HZRDUS Black 6.0 4G 
2 Iron T200 Utility HZRDUS Black 6.0
4 Iron T200 Utility HZRDUS Black 6.0
T150 5- PW (44) Nippon Modus 3 Tour 105 Stiff
Vokey SM9 48.10 F Grind, 
Vokey SM9 54.10 S Grind, 
Vokey SM9 60.08 M Grind, 
L.A.B DF3 Armlock
Grip Master Tour Wrap Grips
Garmin Z30

5 hours ago, MissionMan said:

What is your username. Will see if I can find you to compete at some point

buckpillar, I’ll be off the next 5 days, maybe we can have a little competition. I’m mainly open in the evenings but can arrange game time. Anyone else want to try to set up a match?

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

23 hours ago, buckpillar said:

buckpillar, I’ll be off the next 5 days, maybe we can have a little competition. I’m mainly open in the evenings but can arrange game time. Anyone else want to try to set up a match?

Definitely. 

I played 9 holes today and putted 20 strokes. This is three strokes better than I have been averaging. What improved? Distance control. On the green my putts consistently reached the cup without being overshot and rolling way past. This was true on down hill and up hill putts, long range and short range putts.

Still more opportunity to improve but a great first step after only a few days practice on the simulator.

I am looking forward to playing the online competition next to test out that feature of the product. 

I haven't ventured into the online portion of the Exputt yet. If I end up wanting to compete that way, I'll post my username and see if I can join the competitions! I'm excited to see your thoughts about the online stuff!

WITB (link to detailed post here):

Driver:  Cobragolflogo.png.602fb363b272aeca0ae57ab591da02de.png LTDx 9* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff)

Fairway metals:  TITLEIST_logo_15px.png.86858562876473681822bdce0336ecd4.png 3W TSR2 14.25* (ProjectX BlueSmoke Stiff) | PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png 5W Gen4 0341XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75 S)

Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.e8b8454bf242754d2326ecb0a719cd30.png4H Gen4 0317XF (Mitsubishi Tensei Blue 75HY S)

Irons:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 659 CB 5-AW (Project X Rifle 6.0)

Wedges:   Sub70.png.5f7ea5565c2690f7d237f327e2e5238a.png 286 54* & 58* (KBS Tour 120 S)

Putter: LABLogo_25px.png.d348c70a35f07dfed1742feb45210a2f.png DF3 OFFICIAL MEMBER REVIEW HERE ‘24

Ball:   Vice_logo.png.282566e7be35424dbb3a5d3359e6385f.png pro drip: red & blue | MAXFLI_logo_15px.png.137df4bf59bf3628d99abc6ca08fd43f.png Tour S

Pushcart:  clicgear_logo.png.5569d627daa35e79384784c8a4e886f4.png 4.0 | '23 MGS Clicgear 4.0 Pushcart Tester | Link here

Testers, Lets try get a match set up sometime this week, We just need to find the right time and day that is comfortable with everyone. Please reply with your game user ID and State/time zone   days you may be available    ********** Game will only allow for 4 players per game **********

buckpillar  -  Pennsylvania  -  Eastern Time -- this week any day, best time probably after 21:00

Edited by buckpillar

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

5 hours ago, Wolfstrum said:

I played 9 holes today and putted 20 strokes. This is three strokes better than I have been averaging. What improved? Distance control. On the green my putts consistently reached the cup without being overshot and rolling way past. This was true on down hill and up hill putts, long range and short range putts.

Still more opportunity to improve but a great first step after only a few days practice on the simulator.

I am looking forward to playing the online competition next to test out that feature of the product. 

Nice, right now struggling with distance on the big breakers and still getting used to the temp guage of the greens.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

On 7/10/2024 at 12:37 AM, MissionMan said:

Congrats testers. I got mine yesterday (not a tester) and it's really awesome

Lets try to get a match going, let me know when your available.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

On 7/13/2024 at 3:49 AM, MissionMan said:

Not wanting to steal your thunder by answering these as I had one just before the reviewers got theirs , my recommendations would be covering the following:

• HDMI app vs Mobile App (they are very different so test and compare both, are features missing from one or the other)
  • Visualisation vs stats - how does the green look relative to the distance and slope information? is there a way to ascertain the slope degree or is it guesswork?
  • Is the break and slope true? (in your opinion)
  • How is the online gaming against other competitors internationally? Speed/Fun Factor
  • Does it work with other putting accessories? (putting mirrors etc)
  • Has your putting actually improved as a result of this?

I tried the putting mirror, was getting mixed results, sometimes the camera sensor wouldn't read it at all, distance, direction was compromised from what I had gone through.

I feel that the camera sensor needs to see all the markings on the putting surface to accurately produce good consistent results.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

On 7/19/2024 at 6:55 AM, Rob Person said:

Great intros all!  I have to say I am still a bit skeptical on the virtual vs real world transition.

I know it offers data points on your stroke, putter head position etc, does it also offer correction values and guides to help you correct yoyr personal stroke errors too?

@Rob Person I have not come across any guides to help with correcting your stroke, it will all be done by the user and trying different things to make their own corrections.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

7 hours ago, buckpillar said:

Lets try to get a match going, let me know when your available.

I'm Australia based AEST, what time zone are you?

Vokey SM9 48.10 F Grind, 
Vokey SM9 54.10 S Grind, 
Vokey SM9 60.08 M Grind, 
L.A.B DF3 Armlock
Garmin Z30

9 hours ago, buckpillar said:

Testers, Lets try get a match set up sometime this week, We just need to find the right time and day that is comfortable with everyone. Please reply with your game user ID and State/time zone   days you may be available    ********** Game will only allow for 4 players per game **********

buckpillar  -  Pennsylvania  -  Eastern Time -- this week any day, best time probably after 21:00

I'm game when you are in in Iowa so that time should work for me. I should be able to make tomorrow work 

Pozzit CDT 

Driver:  Ben Hogan GS53
4W:  Maltby KE4 
2i: Maltby KE4 FDI 
4-PW:  Maltby TS-1 - C-Taper 120g 
50,54,58: Maltby TSW

Putter:  L.A.B. DF2.1 Accra Shaft 2023 Forum Testers - L.A.B. Putters
Ball: Mixed prefer ProV1 or Snell
Handicap: 9.2  -  Best Score: 72 (E) Springdale CC, Canton NC -2022

2020 Forum Tester - Ben Hogan GS53 Driver

2 hours ago, MissionMan said:

I'm Australia based AEST, what time zone are you?

USA Eastern, I used to monitor a lot of cell towers owned by my company in Australia, We would take over at 0400 USA time and if I remember it was 1600 your time. The sold the portion several years ago though.

I spoke to a lot a great people there, every Christmas they would send us chocolate in the shape of frogs as a holiday gift.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

2 hours Get ready @buckpillar.

Anyone else if you want to join just let us know.

Alright I'm live as pozzit anyone join if you want password 3699

6 minutes ago, pozzit said:

Must have just missed you. it won't let me join

Vokey SM9 48.10 F Grind, 
Vokey SM9 54.10 S Grind, 
Vokey SM9 60.08 M Grind, 
L.A.B DF3 Armlock
Garmin Z30

3 minutes ago, buckpillar said:

im in

7 minutes ago, pozzit said:

I keep getting booted out

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

Just now, MissionMan said:

Must have just missed you. it won't let me join

I opened it to 3 members now.

Ugh now my connection dropped 

ExPutt - First Competition is in the books, We had @pozzit @MissionMan and myself to start out, we got in a couple holes then experienced some lagging and connection issues.

After several additional attempts, we finally got in a 3 hole match and then I think 6 holes out of a 9 hole match. When we going on at a steady pace, @pozzit drained a 27 1/2 ft birdie putt, took a 2 stroke lead and was cruising along with some great lag putting while my speed and direction was all over the place. Overall competition wise was great, I found a couple times that the directional arrows would not function using the putter, all other in game functions I had no issues.

First experience in competition mode was good, we will need to get a better handle on the different options within the game. I will add the video I took during the games once I have it loaded on You Tube(not the best but it will do). Missionman, Pozzit, I enjoyed the games and hope we can do it again with the other testers and oh yeah seems like the big dog @GolfSpy BOSdidn't want any parts of the first competition... 🤣 🫵

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

6 hours ago, buckpillar said:

ExPutt - First Competition is in the books, We had @pozzit @MissionMan and myself to start out, we got in a couple holes then experienced some lagging and connection issues.

After several additional attempts, we finally got in a 3 hole match and then I think 6 holes out of a 9 hole match. When we going on at a steady pace, @pozzit drained a 27 1/2 ft birdie putt, took a 2 stroke lead and was cruising along with some great lag putting while my speed and direction was all over the place. Overall competition wise was great, I found a couple times that the directional arrows would not function using the putter, all other in game functions I had no issues.

First experience in competition mode was good, we will need to get a better handle on the different options within the game. I will add the video I took during the games once I have it loaded on You Tube(not the best but it will do). Missionman, Pozzit, I enjoyed the games and hope we can do it again with the other testers and oh yeah seems like the big dog @GolfSpy BOSdidn't want any parts of the first competition... 🤣 🫵

Haha sorry I missed out! I’ll be sure to be available for the next one!

I did get some practice in yesterday and am learning my way through the different modes.

IMG_1162.jpeg

the Mezz Max is looking pretty good from 10ft and in, I’ll be ready for the next one. 😎

:taylormade-small: Qi10 - Terra Forza White | :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-wood - Ventus Blue 8S | :ping-small: G430 3-Hybrid - Kai'li White 80s

:edel-golf-1: SMS Pro 4-PW - Steelfiber i110S | :taylormade-small: MG3 Raw Black 50.09, 54.11, 58.11 - DG TI S200

:L.A.B.: Mezz Max | :titelist-small: Pro V1x | Vortex Blade | Ghost Maverick Black Ops - Forum Edition | :CaddyTek: CaddyLite EZ v8

On 7/9/2024 at 12:13 AM, buckpillar said:

INTRO:

Hello MyGolfSpy Nation,

My name is Jeffrey “Buck” Pillar, I also go by “PUTSO” – I started playing golf when I was 13 yrs old using my dads Spaulding Epic forged irons, that’s when I fell in love with this great game. I’m self-taught and through practicing with the whiffle balls learned how to draw, fade them up over the corner of my mom’s house. Over the years practicing in the yard and playing the local courses I played golf on my high school team where we won the WPIAL Championship in 1985.  I eventually became a scratch golfer wanting to become a PGA Professional, however life happened and the goal was sidelined but still burning inside. A wonderful wife (25yrs on Aug 7th) 2 awesome kids and golf took up most of the time.  

Attach33860_20220827_204430.jpg.e26a662190a9cf12f288ebde846fc92b.jpg

I consider myself somewhat of an aggressive player, used to be able to hit the long ball, throw darts at the flags and felt comfortable when in tuff situations. But with age and injuries I still can hang with the best of them and go low too! 2 Holes in one, Springdale GC and Kaanapali Resort on Maui.

One big thing I would struggle with was putting… always wanting to drop the ball into the front of the hole, afraid of going past to far where it would bring the 3-putt element into play. I still find myself falling into that habit on occasion. I always was able to read the greens good but definitely room to improve.

I currently play in the Delmarva area, Live in Hopwood Pa -- Southwest Pennsylvania about 15 minutes from Nemacolin Woodlands Resort, former home of the 84 Lumber Classic.

I’ve been playing for 44yrs, and have become somewhat a local legend with the golfers, always willing to lend a hand with the golf games and sustained good play for many years.

Testing wise, I would like perform tests that will improve green reading, speed and distance control but what really has me intrigued is how my stroke is, is it open, closed, delofted etc. I haven’t seen very many if any other putting simulators on the market that is offering so much detail to improving you entire putting game.

While testing, if I can improve the areas where Exputt finds me deficient it will be a long-term training aid not only for me but my students also.

My thoughts are racing, I have an opportunity to test cutting edge technology that will improve my ENTIRE putting game from the stroke, reading greens, getting the correct speeds on breaking putts and putting to use the information Exputt will provide.

I didn’t really know about Exputt until the testing signup was listed, I went to their website, reviewed plenty of YouTube videos, to get a grasp of what this simulator was all about and how it could help my game. After a week of gather information it interested me so much, the features and technology Exputt was offering in the simulator I just had to through my hat in the ring and sign up for the testing opportunity.

I expect the quality of the software be top quality with solid well-made equipment. Price, wise I feel it is very fair for what the Exputt has to offer. As I was researching the product I wondered how it would be able to provide breaking putts, uphill, downhill and then gather all the data from your stroke. We will see how it does through my testing. So, plenty more to come. Same ExPutt Channel Same ExPutt time!!

Official Tester for-

Odyssey AI#1 CH putter - Titleist White ball - Bridgestone Mindset unofficial testing

Driver-  Taylormade Sim Max2-  9.0*

Fairway Woods-  Taylormade Sim Max2- 15*  --  Taylormade Stealth 18*

Irons-  Takomo 101 irons - 4-PW -  3 Iron 101U

Wedges-  Taylormade RAC 54*/8*bounce and Mill Grind 50*/10* bounce

Putter-  ODYSSEY AI#1 CH -- Official 2024 Tester

***********************************************************************************************************

EXPUTT Model EX500D -- Unboxing and First impressions

It’s finally here and 1 day sooner than expected.

UNBOXING SCORE- 9.5 / 10

The EXPUTT was very well packed, no damage to the shipping box which is a big plus, but the packaging of the EXPUTT itself was top notch. Everything was in separate boxes inside the main packaging.

I would have liked to have seen in the packaging was to have the camera/sensor boxed just like the rest of the components even though it was secure in the molded plastic holder. EXPUTT provided all cords necessary to connect to any device. They did not supply a wall block for the USB power cord, I had an extra one running around the house and it worked without any issues.

20240715_140910.jpg.86155abdbfcb7773ffa9fc1df016340e.jpg

20240715_141759.jpg.0166f7d4509ba8b7a0cd9fa02bf56239.jpg

20240715_142736.jpg.ecf9575c2362654c88cdb05cce060795.jpg

20240715_142817.jpg.33a4001fa137f0f55f1935b06a0cd0d0.jpg

First Impressions- 10 / 10

After making all connections to my Plasma TV, the sensor started syncing with the mat, I added a small shop light to the side of the mat and the sync happen instantly, it brought all the marking on the mat to life for the camera to easily read, the bumper at the end of the mat is just that, a back stop for your putt.

** (Sensor and mat need a well-lit area for excellent performance) **

I went through the WIFI setup, created an account and started to explore briefly, enough of that exploring stuff... let’s get to it!

I started exploring the Classic practice mode, OMG The Graphics, the on-screen setup was AMAZING!!

I’m so PUMPED and AMAZED of the quality this device produces, I’m beyond grateful that MyGolfSpy selected me for this testing. Thank you Thank you, very much! (insert Elvis’s voice)

Getting ready for my first putts, I placed the ball in the section on the middle of the mat and EXPUTT said ready! I then tested the markings to adjust direction, worked very well.

My first putts were short of the hole, the face of the putter was really inconsistent and shows I’m going to need a lot of practice to become a better putter. Currently the rule of measure is in meters, I will look into changing it to feet. The camera tracked the putter face and ball speed with ease and provided immediate data to review.

Below are some photos of the display, data and all things good

Right now, EXPUTT has me HIGH FIVING the family with excitement.

I’m super impress right out the box and can’t wait to putt putt putt my @$$ off to improve my stroke and putting dynamics.

OVERALL RATING- 19.5 / 20

20240717_095639_11.jpg.6ca5ee2b988e48f1c8daf5a34ef4e629.jpg

20240717_100832.jpg.411f8268ea7d4a2647c63e93dfd6bbdb.jpg

20240717_100834.jpg.7c28d573df99bf23eb0821a8f46c4c07.jpg

20240717_102236.1.jpg.8210f3a153cd17d8dddc81c094156666.jpg

Couldn't get this one flipped into the correct position.

***********************************************************************************

ExPutt App for IPAD

Download of the App was exceptionally quick, without any issues.

app.1.JPG.2dc10487305f9e6a87db4d869a952fce.JPG

Before you are able to use the App, you have to turn on the ExPutt then press and hold the mobile App button on the remote for 3 seconds to activate, the sensor light will turn the color blue. Once in the App you are able to select language, unit of measure etc.  select Connect, this will start the SYNC process to the camera sensor, I needed to add some light for the ExPutt to sync, once completed you are taken to the Practice screen.

1_00.JPG.31f75c2b4e4e444ff913868d96eebf08.JPG

Here you will be able to set up green speed, max and min distances and slope. 

I was a bit disappointed that the only option was practice mode, you do not have the option for multiple player or challenge modes in the App.

The display was very easy on the eye, I liked the way the metrics were set up on the App and would like to see that in the normal software, I would also like to see some of the software displays from the main game used in the App. Possible to merge them together?

After making a few putts I was interrupted for a few minutes and I assume that due to inactivity it disconnected the game. Had too go through the entire process of reconnecting and syncing, lost all previous data. 

20240721_210728.1.jpg.3ce885f6dca22f402902e4ab355549c0.jpg App - Normal game

20240717_095639_11.jpg.6ca5ee2b988e48f1c8daf5a34ef4e629.jpg

IPAD Connection-

I purchased an HDMI adaptor for the IPAD that allows display on your TV without mirror casting the image. It also has a lighting connection that you can direct connect to your charger so the battery life does not drain cutting your play time down.

20240721_205358.1.jpg.e3e34136eab8de4f1a2ba49644835b1a.jpg

Overall rating for the App is a 5 / 10

I'm sure as ExPutt evolves and continues to improve all of the software and App versions it will be top notch sooner than later. I feel if they mix and match pieces from the App and game software it's going to be even better!

Excellent write up buckpillar! Great pics, nice narrative, very impressed with the quality of the testing reports here!👏🏾👍🏾

Still swinging after all these years

There is an ascending distant option where it increases by a yard for each turn. Has anyone managed to get every distance from 2-15 in a row? The closest I've got is 13/15

Vokey SM9 48.10 F Grind, 
Vokey SM9 54.10 S Grind, 
Vokey SM9 60.08 M Grind, 
L.A.B DF3 Armlock
Garmin Z30

13 hours ago, buckpillar said:

It was great getting to play online a little bit. I definitely ran into some Connection issues I think we only made it through one 3-hole match without it dropping. I need to investigate further to resolve this. I made that wonderful 27' putt, but a fair amount of 30'ers came up way short. 

We did test out 3 & 9-hole matches we started one match with Points which was of course where @buckpillar started coming in clutch. It will be fun to keep messing around with it and playing with others on the forum. 

Initial Multiplayer Thoughts

Exputt intends to mimic real play to a bit of a detriment, in my opinion. They have each player in a separate location and wait for each other's turn to putt. I think if both players could putt at once, it would both speed up play & allow you to not hit the "Perfect" putt when it's not your turn (I did this at least 4-5 times). Also since it puts each player in a different location it makes me speculate if it gives one player an advantage. 

If there were more settings around gimme length, max distance/slope that would allow for more custom games and more variablilty. Also, the 2-3 times I have opened multiplayer there were a max of 3 opponents you can play. Lastly, as a way to increase the social aspect, it would be nice to add friends or "Follow" people so you can know if they are on or celebrating someone's long birdie putt or other things of that nature.

Overall will do it again and look forward to the next match with @buckpillar @MissionMan or anyone else following allong.

7 hours ago, GolfSpy BOS said:

Haha sorry I missed out! I’ll be sure to be available for the next one!

I did get some practice in yesterday and am learning my way through the different modes.

IMG_1162.jpeg

the Mezz Max is looking pretty good from 10ft and in, I’ll be ready for the next one. 😎

We had a fun time, it definitely takes some getting used to

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

5 hours ago, TAGolf13 said:

Excellent write up buckpillar! Great pics, nice narrative, very impressed with the quality of the testing reports here!👏🏾👍🏾

Thank you, just trying to be as transparent as possible and provide my honest opinions.

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

28 minutes ago, pozzit said:

It was great getting to play online a little bit. I definitely ran into some Connection issues I think we only made it through one 3-hole match without it dropping. I need to investigate further to resolve this. I made that wonderful 27' putt, but a fair amount of 30'ers came up way short. 

We did test out 3 & 9-hole matches we started one match with Points which was of course where @buckpillar started coming in clutch. It will be fun to keep messing around with it and playing with others on the forum. 

Initial Multiplayer Thoughts

Exputt intends to mimic real play to a bit of a detriment, in my opinion. They have each player in a separate location and wait for each other's turn to putt. I think if both players could putt at once, it would both speed up play & allow you to not hit the "Perfect" putt when it's not your turn (I did this at least 4-5 times). Also since it puts each player in a different location it makes me speculate if it gives one player an advantage. 

If there were more settings around gimme length, max distance/slope that would allow for more custom games and more variablilty. Also, the 2-3 times I have opened multiplayer there were a max of 3 opponents you can play. Lastly, as a way to increase the social aspect, it would be nice to add friends or "Follow" people so you can know if they are on or celebrating someone's long birdie putt or other things of that nature.

Overall will do it again and look forward to the next match with @buckpillar @MissionMan or anyone else following allong.

@pozzit Great follow up and additional information, it does make you wonder about different locations for each golfer, is it providing tendencies etc. but then again it may be random to give the impression of your shot into the green ???

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com

4 hours ago, MissionMan said:

There is an ascending distant option where it increases by a yard for each turn. Has anyone managed to get every distance from 2-15 in a row? The closest I've got is 13/15

I will need to give that one a try

Jeff "PUTSO" Pillar

buckpillar@gmail.com