Utility/Driving Iron Shaft - Ventus Blue HB Shaft vs Axiom Shaft

I currently game axiom 105S shafts in my 5-PW. I have a Titleist U505 2 utility iron with a Ventus Blue HB 8S Shaft. I love my axiom shafts in my irons and I like my utility iron with the ventus blue HB shaft (even though I didnt use it for an entire year, but have recently started using and I love it). I am thinking about getting a U505 in 1 iron (to replace a 4W that I havent used once this entire season). I recently thought about what if I put an axiom shaft into this U505 utility 1 iron. I have been researching if anyone is doing this but have found limited information about it. I wanted to see if anyone has any experience with axiom shafts in utility/driving irons? Also, i have 105 gram axiom shafts for my 5-PW, but 85 gram ventus shaft in my U505 2-iron. Would I need to get the axiom 75 (which is really 78 grams) or should I stick with the axiom 105 for the utility iron if I do go the axiom route? I contacted a local fitter, but they would be unable to try the axiom shafts in the U505. Need help, trying to get the best bang for my buck!! Luckily, the U505 1-iron will be free, but would need to pay for the shafts.

"Stay in the short grass"

• 2 weeks later...

Look up King Pine Golf on instagram, he does a lot of builds with the Axiom shafts and may be able to help you answer that question 

Seth

Driver: Cobra Darkspeed X w/ Nemesys Shaft 55 Four 

Mini Driver: Taylormade BRNR Mini Driver 13.5 w/ Graphite Design UB 6S shaft

5 Wood: Taylormade QI10 w/ Kal'li Blue 70S Shaft

7 Wood: Callaway AI Smoke Triple Diamond w/ Denali Black 70S

Irons: Srixon Utility 3 Iron UST Recoil F3 shaft 

Mizuno JPX 923 Forged 5-P w/ UST Dart V F4 shafts 

Wedges: Callaway OPUS 50, 54, and 60

Putter: Taylormade Spider Tour (Scottie Scheffler) 

Ball: Vice Pro/ TP5x Pix