Simulator software and accessories

GolfSpy_BNG

Curious what everyone is using for simulator software and accessories?

As I dive into my garage simulator build this winter, I’m debating on what to use for software and accessories.  I’m leaning GSPro and a gaming computer but they are expensive.  I used the e6 with my iPad last year with the Mevo Plus and it was good. But it’s basically the same price as GSPro with the 80 online tourney add on for the year e6/$300 gspro/$330. GSPro has way more courses which is why I’m leaning that way. 

So what say you?  What are you using for software?  Gaming pc or other? What pros and cons have you come across?

Gonna be unloading some golf stuff to pay for the computer if I go that route so gonna try to keep it inexpensive cuz who wants to get rid of all their gear lol

What is in my Ghost MGS anyday Maverick or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:   Callaway Smoke AI TD Max 8.5* with an Aretera Alpha One Blue 55/4 shaft @ 44.75” or GD VF 5s @45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

:titleist-small: TSR2 7 wood shaft TBD

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 Aged Copper 4-PW with Steelfiber I95 R

Wedges:    :mizuno-small: T22 copper 50* and 54* with Steelfiber 95 S

Putter: :cameron-small: 2024 Phantom 5.5 @ 34”

Right now, our setup is built around the SkyTrak Simulator Studio package (full disclosure: this was given to our family by SkyTrak). Before acquiring the SkyTrak+, I already had purchased the Mevo+, which is now upgraded to the Pro Package and Face Impact.

For software, we currently have a few options we use:

• Obviously, the FlightScope software for the Mevo+, including the Skills app. On the flipside, SkyTrak's software for the SkyTrak+ has just recently had a major upgrade, with upgraded graphics, several new ranges, and the option to play courses within the SkyTrak software.
  • For sim play, we currently have:
    • GSPro for Mevo+
    • Awesome Golf for Mevo+
    • E6 for both Mevo+ and SkyTrak+
    • Creative Golf for SkyTrak+

My laptop (which is the PC that we've used when we're not running things on phones/tablets) is marketed as a "gaming" laptop, but it's not a beast: Intel i5-12450H, 16GB of RAM, GeForce GTX 1650.

It runs GSPro adequately. We keep the resolution down a bit (1400x1050, because our sim setup is 4:3 rather than widescreen). It would absolutely choke if we were trying to do GSPro at 4K.

GSPro is awesome, for sure. Underrated in GSPro is the addition of Operation 36, in which you have to progress from playing 9 holes in 36 strokes or less from 25 yards, to 50 yards, to 100 yards, until you're back at the full course length. It's a great practice for an experienced golfer, and I think one of the absolute best ways to introduce new golfers, including children, to the game.

There is a chance, though, that we let our GSPro sub lapse when it expires later this month. To be sure: I love the option of playing all kinds of courses, especially courses built off real venues that I'll likely never play in person. But even that is dicey: GSPro does not license any of these courses, so their legal status is murky (there is legislation pending that would make "copycat" courses, even without the real names, a violation of copyright). Courses do get removed from GSPro not infrequently.

So let me put a word in for Creative Golf, especially their Golfissimo product. If you want to have fun in your simulator, this comes with all kinds of games: mini golf, breaking windows, island hopping, and way more. There are also courses built in, so you can play real golf as well. The courses are "real," though most are European and not iconic. The real joy for me is that you can buy a lifetime license with no ongoing subscription.

Let me know if you have any particular questions about any of these software packages.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX E722 16.5°, Tensei AV RAW Blue 65 S
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 19°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 22°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:callaway-small: Epic Forged 7 27°
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 7–PW
Diamond Tour Inazone 3.0 50°, 54°, 58°, Aldila NV 95 Graphite
:L.A.B.: DF3, Counterbalanced 37", TPT shaft, Garsen Quad Tour 17"

Full WITB with pictures

3 hours ago, GolfSpy MPR said:

Right now, our setup is built around the SkyTrak Simulator Studio package (full disclosure: this was given to our family by SkyTrak). Before acquiring the SkyTrak+, I already had purchased the Mevo+, which is now upgraded to the Pro Package and Face Impact.

For software, we currently have a few options we use:

• Obviously, the FlightScope software for the Mevo+, including the Skills app. On the flipside, SkyTrak's software for the SkyTrak+ has just recently had a major upgrade, with upgraded graphics, several new ranges, and the option to play courses within the SkyTrak software.
  • For sim play, we currently have:
    • GSPro for Mevo+
    • Awesome Golf for Mevo+
    • E6 for both Mevo+ and SkyTrak+
    • Creative Golf for SkyTrak+

My laptop (which is the PC that we've used when we're not running things on phones/tablets) is marketed as a "gaming" laptop, but it's not a beast: Intel i5-12450H, 16GB of RAM, GeForce GTX 1650.

It runs GSPro adequately. We keep the resolution down a bit (1400x1050, because our sim setup is 4:3 rather than widescreen). It would absolutely choke if we were trying to do GSPro at 4K.

GSPro is awesome, for sure. Underrated in GSPro is the addition of Operation 36, in which you have to progress from playing 9 holes in 36 strokes or less from 25 yards, to 50 yards, to 100 yards, until you're back at the full course length. It's a great practice for an experienced golfer, and I think one of the absolute best ways to introduce new golfers, including children, to the game.

There is a chance, though, that we let our GSPro sub lapse when it expires later this month. To be sure: I love the option of playing all kinds of courses, especially courses built off real venues that I'll likely never play in person. But even that is dicey: GSPro does not license any of these courses, so their legal status is murky (there is legislation pending that would make "copycat" courses, even without the real names, a violation of copyright). Courses do get removed from GSPro not infrequently.

So let me put a word in for Creative Golf, especially their Golfissimo product. If you want to have fun in your simulator, this comes with all kinds of games: mini golf, breaking windows, island hopping, and way more. There are also courses built in, so you can play real golf as well. The courses are "real," though most are European and not iconic. The real joy for me is that you can buy a lifetime license with no ongoing subscription.

Let me know if you have any particular questions about any of these software packages.

I’m most curious about Gspro. As I mentioned I had the e6 connect with the Mevo plus and the 27 courses are nice. Plus it works on the iPad. Honestly 27 courses is probably enough but if I’m not mistaken Gspro has the ability to set up an online match as well as online tourneys.  I also looked into the full swing software which is now available for the kit but only by purchasing their laptop with it installed at $2-3000. That’s more than I’m looking to spend currently. Maybe once I have a permanent room or building for it. 

I’m not much into the games side of it as I wanna use this for playing courses and range time over the winter. 

What differences did you see between the e6 and gspro?  

What is in my Ghost MGS anyday Maverick or Jones MyGolfSpy bag

Driver:   Callaway Smoke AI TD Max 8.5* with an Aretera Alpha One Blue 55/4 shaft @ 44.75” or GD VF 5s @45”

Fairway: :srixon-small: F85 3 wood with a XPhplexx Agera X @ 42.5”

:srixon-small: F85 5 wood with a UST Elements Chrome 7F5 @ 41.5"

:titleist-small: TSR2 7 wood shaft TBD

Driving Iron: :ping-small: Rapture 2-Iron 

Irons: :taylormade-small: P790 Aged Copper 4-PW with Steelfiber I95 R

Wedges:    :mizuno-small: T22 copper 50* and 54* with Steelfiber 95 S

Putter: :cameron-small: 2024 Phantom 5.5 @ 34”