Ping icrossover 2

Jay0101

Anyone playing the Ping icrossover 2 or 3? If you do, can you share your yardage and club speed ?

I currently play a icrossover 4 and I find it’s not much different than my 5 iron distance 195-210 a too much loft for my liking 

I am looking for a driving iron that I can default to when my driver is acting up or for a second shot on a par 5

I play an iCrossover 3iron.  I don't have a lot of occasions to use it honestly so it is a luxury/exotic club for me.   I get what you are saying on the high ball flight.  It caught me by surprise (just how high I hit it).  I wanted more of a stinger club.   I play it flat and lofted down and get a bit of a fade with a 230 carry.   It is fun to hit at the range and it has been useful on a couple par 4's that presented a riddle off of the tee where I had to play short of a hazard or something.  I have been considering getting a Ventus Black for it (versus the HZRDUS Red that is in it), but the shaft and tip are rather pricey for an exotic club, but then again it may get me the flight I want and a little more carry.  I use my 7 wood a little more from the fairway a bit more from that range and it lands so softly.   Every time I have used the crossover on a par 5 i seem to run off the back which convinced me I needed a 7 wood.   I am in a bit of an infinite loop I think---now I am back to trying to make it the club I originally wanted -a purposeful long distance, low flight, 240-250 club.   I have to admit the 7 wood is easier to manipulate--i can control the distance and flight much more whereas I must and do like hammering the iCrossover all out.

• Driver--:titleist-small: TSr 3 -9* (B1) -Fujikura Ventus TR Black 6-X 
  • Fairway - image.png.d0176d18d9ceb1317233e258be95d3b7.png- G430Max 15*-Flat, 3 Wood -Fujikura Ventus TR Red 7-X
  • Fairway - image.png.15c97d4865288e26d52bce8c57064167.png- G430MAX 20* (-1, flat) 7 Wood Tour 2.0 Chrome stiff
  • Hybrid - image.png.9e093926e300ff1030b63d07f1aa41b7.png- G430MAX 3 Hybrid (-1, Flat) Alta CB Stiff (looking for a new shaft)
  • UDI- :ping-small:- iCrossover Utility Driving 3 iron (18*, flat) Project X RDX Red 6.5 sometimes  :Sub70: -699 Pro 4 -22* Driving Iron UST Proforce V2 Stiff
  • Irons- :srixon-small:- ZX4 MK II 5-7, Srixon ZX5 8-P Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 105 X-Stiff
  • Wedges-  :cleveland-small:- RTX Zip Core 50*, 54* Nippon Modus 3 Wedge, 58* True Temper Dynamic Gold S400
  • Putter- :EVNROLL: - ER5v Short Slant
  • Ball-  Bridgestone Tour B X
  • Bag- :ping-small: Hoofer Stand Bag
  • Clic Gear 4.0 push cart

image.png

image.png

Same here. I had a 3 and 5 wood TSR2 that I switched out to a ping 4 icrossover and a 7 wood ( Titleist GT2)

I think I will swap the 4 icrossover to 3 . I tried out the 2 crossover as well but couldn’t hit it as well as the 3. Although, my fitter seems to think a 3 crossover ( 220 yds) and a 7 wood (220-230 yds) are basically similar for me and too far from my 5 iron (190-200 yds)

have you looked into the Callaway Apex 24 Utility wood- comes in a 17, 19, 21 loft ?

it could be that 240-250 club that we all yearn for ( esp those like me who can’t hit their 3, 4 or 5 wood well but are decent with a hybrid)

I have the 2 iron, but rarely put it in the bag now. Just not as much use for it with the courses I play and other clubs that I hit just as well of not better.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)